Start by marking “Honor's Knight (Paradox #2)” as Want to Read:
Honor's Knight (Paradox #2)

Honor's Knight (Paradox #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  7,180 Ratings  ·  689 Reviews
The rollicking sequel to Fortune's Pawn -- an action packed science fiction novel.

Devi Morris has a lot of problems. And not the fun, easy-to-shoot kind either.

After a mysterious attack left her short several memories and one partner, she's determined to keep her head down, do her job, and get on with her life. But even though Devi's not actually looking for it -- troubl
Published February 25th 2014 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about Honor's Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor's Knight

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Is it fair to fault a book for where you think the series is going? If it hasn't actually made it there yet?

I don't know. I'm trying not to hold this book accountable for the (maybe?) flaws it seems to be setting book 3 up for, but it's difficult . . .

You see, the thing I loved about Devi in FORTUNE'S PAWN was how she was a soldier first, and everything else was secondary. That kind of single-minded determination is so rare in a female MC. This time . . . Devi was still pretty hardcore, BUT . .
Melissa
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Honor’s Knight is the sequel to the fabulous Fortune’s Pawn, which was one of the best books I have read this year. Unfortunately, like many sequels, it didn’t quite match its predecessor in terms of awesomeness.

Devi is back in Honor’s Knight. She has no memories of most of the events that occurred in the previous novel. She is still on the Glorious Fool, and for some reason whenever she looks at the horrible cook, she feels repulsed and physical nauseated. Yet when she is not looking at his fac
Lindsey Rey
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, science-fiction
[4.5 Stars]
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum http://bibliosanctum.blogspot.com/201...

You know how some books you just don't realize how addicted you were to them until it occurs to you how badly, desperately, severely you're craving the sequel? Yeah well, this is one of those cases! I even broke away from my February reading list to fit this one in as soon as I received it for review, because I knew I couldn't wait any longer.

I'm happy to report Honor's Knight is just as much fun as the first book. In that
Bonnie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I received this book free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

In the final moments of Fortune's Pawn, Devi discovers that Caldswell is not all that he appears to be and is actually a leader of the organization known as The Eyes, which are responsible for ridding the solar system of planet destroying phantoms that no one is aware of. Except she doesn't remember anything because Caldswell pe
Allison
It's so refreshing to read a book without any slow or boring patches to get through! There was not one dull moment that I can think of in this book. I enjoyed the first book, but this one is way, way better.

The situation is no longer murky, and lots of new complications come out, making this a really strong middle book in a trilogy. This is not one of those filler novels. It takes what was introduced in Fortune's Pawn and blows it wide open, adding all sorts of new information and conflicts and
Brandi
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Space opera fans, scifi/fantasy fans, fans of badasses.
Shelves: favorites

We pick up right where we left off with nary a backstory to slow us down, and though I’m not rating this as highly as I did the first book, it was still a thrilling ride. If the first book was all action then this book is all intrigue.

First things first- I really dislike the way this book (and the first too while I’m at it) ended. It’s too abrupt to me I feel like I’m being dumped midsentence. It’s not a cliffhanger, but it’s at a moment that is tense and scary, then BAM! It’s over. The prol
GrilledCheeseSamurai
If you haven't read book 1 - stop, go read it, come back. There be spoilers ahead.

Alright, Devi Morris is pretty freaking awesome. She's tough, she's no-nonsense, and, really, she's just an all around bad-ass mo-fo!

That being said, I would just like to say that the whole Devi/Rupert thing is pretty damn irritating. It's not that I mind the little romance thing that they have going on - its just that its so out of character for Devi that it's really difficult for me to buy into it all.

Gimme the a
Linda
HONOR'S KNIGHT is, literally, a continuation of FORTUNE'S PAWN, the first story in the Paradox series. Like FP, it is told in first person but I never had any issues with this. Be sure and start with the prologue as it contains a very necessary and interesting piece of information.

This time around the stakes are higher and the action takes you up another notch. Devi Morris intends on finding some answers.

The characters are well-developed, the suspense keeps you guessing and the politics of thi
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
You guys THIS SERIES IS SO GOOD WHY DON'T MORE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IT??????
JAIME
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
I'm really getting into this series now. So much coolness! Aliens! Super armour! Badass heroine!

MORE!

RTC
Sonja Arlow
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, 2017-read
Who knew I would like space operas?

I am not going to do an extensive review as it will just be full of spoilers but suffice to say Devi is still the kickass, take no names adrenalin junkie of book one, well sort of.

The first half off the novel was stronger for me than the last half and I was a little disappointed in the direction the romance took. To be honest I am not sure if I still like Rupert as a character. But even with that said I still enjoyed Devi and know that the overarching story wit
Katie
I liked this one a lot less than the first book. It's one of those books where it felt like there was a lot of necessary running around and back and forth. There IS plot movement in the end and you get a lot of answers, but I feel like that was buried in lots of stuff that didn't really matter.

I did think the (book one spoiler) (view spoiler) was handled better than usual (and that's a thing I really don't like).

But the romance . . . well, at one point, I was actively
Donna
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
I loved this one. I was hooked from the very first scene. It was as well written and as entertaining as the first one in the series, but it was also funny. It had me laughing out loud. I love the character of Devi. She, as a soldier/mercenary, was still solid in this one, plus she has been given an additional role that I wasn't sure if it was going to work, but it did. It could have been an eye rolling disaster, but it felt plausible in Rachel Bach's world building. I need to now get my hands on ...more
Daniel
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ovog puta knjiga je mnogo bolja. Nema više pripreme i upznavanja nego akcija počinje od samog početka i ne popišta do kraja.

Jedino što me sada ovde nervira je to što nemam osećaj da čitam trilogiju već jednu knjigu koju je neko presekao u tri dela (neko reko Laguna :P ).

Al u svakom slučaju više nego zabavno.
Cheesecake
Another fantastic installation in Devi's adventures. We start off with a prologue that felt like a page out of a Mary Shelley story. Suitably creeped out we then pick up where we left on in book on. As the story goes, many questions are answered but just as you feel flush with that knowledge new questions emerge. I vacillated from truly despising characters to being glad they were there for Devi. Romance wise, don't lose heart and don't worry, this story is not a downer in any way. The author is ...more
Jason
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
5 Stars

Honours Knight, Paradox #2 by Rachel Bach the pseudonym for Rachel Aaron is a fantastic middle book and I am giving it full marks because this one is not a let down after the amazing start to the series. These are action packed, science fiction, space opera, fantasy, and romance filled stories. This series is made and carried by the larger than life kick everyone's ass, heroine named Devi Morris. I enjoyed this one for very different reasons than I did book one.

Devi is a breath of fresh
Tabitha
Honor’s Knight slams onto the scene, moving forward with the same ground pounding momentum as Fortune’s Pawn. At this point I wonder if there isn’t a bad situation that Devi Morris can’t get herself into.

Read my interview with the author, Rachel Bach.

I loved you once upon a dream
Devi has this extreme nauseous revulsion now whenever she sees her once flame, Rupert, who she at this point just thinks of as ‘the cook.’ And she can’t understand why she’s having such a gut reaction toward him when she
mich
Still enjoying this series. We got answers to some questions from the first book, and it was pretty cool. Still lots of action, lots of adventure, and lots of fun!

I have to say though, I don’t remember Devi being quite so stupid in the first book as she was here. She was often so slow on the uptake - it was a little irritating how long it took her to figure things out (view spoiler)
Jennifer ☼
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Honor's Knight is the second book in the Paradox trilogy by Rachel Bach.

The entire time I was reading Honor's Knight all I could think was Holy shit I love this book. I'm devastated there is only one book left in the series. If you haven't read Fortune's Pawn, I cannot recommend enough that you jump on to this trilogy.

You can read my review of Fortune's Pawn here.

I mentioned in my review of Fortune's Pawn that it was more of a "space fantasy" than a science fiction novel. Honor's Knight can defi
Meg
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It's one of the best things ever when a sequel lives up to its predecessor. Honor's Knight is the perfect follow up to Fortune's Pawn and I loved every minute of it. This book is bananas, this series is definitely shaping up to be one of my favorites and if you have a passing interest in SciFi and BAMF heroines, you need to get on the Paradox train ASAP.

Read the full review on Cuddlebuggery.
Experiment BL626
Every bit as good as book 1, and more; book 2 dazzled me. Every time I thought I knew a character or the situation, the book blasted me with new details and showed me how wrong I was and how little I knew. I know the saying “there are two sides to every story.” I knew it was the message the book was sending. Nevertheless, I still got my ass handed to me.

+ the plot

The book started off slow for me because I didn’t like following memory-wiped Devi. I hate to see beloved main characters in a helples
Kribu
Rating: having trouble deciding between three and four stars. I did like it, a lot, but probably overall a little less than the first book (Fortune's Pawn). Still, I'm leaning towards a conditional four for now. We'll see how the final book goes (and I may readjust the rating retroactively).

Things that I liked.

It's been a few months since I read Fortune's Pawn. As sadly tends to happen with me, a break of over a couple of months after the first book in a new series almost always tends to mean
Katie Michaels
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you caught my review of book one in this series, you know how much I adored it. You would also know that installment ended on a gnarly cliffhanger. The events of that book are going to be spoiled in this review, so if you haven’t read Fortune’s Pawn, stop now and check it out before you go any further.

Still with me? OK. This book kicks off right on the heels of that one, where Rupert has wiped Devi’s memory of what he is, their relationship, and the truth about their captain. Not only that, h
Tammie
This second installment in the Paradox trilogy was a real roller coaster. honor's Knight is full of action and revelations, and you're never sure who can be trusted. I will say some of the characterizations seemed uneven. Especially in the case of Rupert and Caldswell.

(view spoiler)
puppitypup
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sci-Fi Romance Definitely a page turner!

I'm just a tiny bit disappointed, this one didn't engage my emotions as much as the first in the series.

I think part of that is because of the nature of the dreaded book two in any trilogy. This was no exception with the sense of impending doom, no viable escape, and a shocking betrayal.

But the bigger part of my disappointment is that I never became the heroine in this book. Instead, I was reading Devi's story. I can't help comparing that to Linnea Sinclai
Blodeuedd Finland
I started this one at once after finishing book 1. I wanted to know what would happen, and it was all noooooooo!

She forgot what she learned about the hidden danger in the universe. She forgot what her captain really is. She forgot about the people attacking them, whether they are good guys or not. She even forgot that she had the hots for the cook, and that he liked her back.

So we are back at square one. She knows nothing. She thinks that there is a secret on board. But will she figure it out? O
Angela James
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm really loving these books so far. I'm giving them a conditional enthusiastic recommendation, with the condition hinging on how it all wraps up in book 3. But right now, I can recommend for scifi fans and space opera fans. There are some romantic elements, but the world building and characterizations are just so good, along with the way the story is going. I can't wait to read book 3!
Lukasz
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: space-opera
Great sequel. Bach does good work in making you guess who the bad guys are. When we learn about the characters and observe them act, our moral beliefs will be challenged multiple times. Cruel things are done in the name of the higher good.

Who can you trust?

Trust Devi, as she's a cool heroine.

If there's one thing that annoys me about the series so far, it's Devi and Rupert romance. I don't think it's heavily handed; I'm just not really partial to romance in books.

A better review may come when I
Catherine
Really liking this series a lot! Going to grab the last one from the library now!
Saucy Wenches Boo...: April - Honor's Knight (Paradox #2) by Rachel Bach 4 12 Sep 10, 2015 04:14PM
  • Killbox (Sirantha Jax, #4)
  • Children of Scarabaeus (Scarabaeus, #2)
  • Dark Horse (Class 5, #1)
  • The Heart of Valor (Confederation, #3)
  • Linesman (Linesman, #1)
  • Games of Command
  • Overload Flux (Central Galactic Concordance #1)
  • An Officer's Duty (Theirs Not to Reason Why, #2)
  • Relic of Sorrows (Fallen Empire, #4)
Rachel Bach grew up wanting to be an author and a super villain. Unfortunately, super villainy proved surprisingly difficult to break into, so she stuck to writing and everything worked out great. She currently lives in Athens, GA with her perpetual energy toddler, extremely understanding husband, overflowing library, and obese wiener dog. You can find out more about Rachel and all her books at ra ...more
More about Rachel Bach

Paradox (3 books)
  • Fortune's Pawn (Paradox #1)
  • Heaven's Queen  (Paradox #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“Nothing pisses me off like having my sacrifices undermined.” 31 likes
“They weren’t even taking me seriously enough to bother removing my guns, which I took as a personal insult.” 11 likes