Start by marking “Dawn Study (Soulfinders, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dawn Study (Soulfinders, #3)

Dawn Study

(Soulfinders #3)

New York Times bestselling author Maria V. Snyder brings her Poison Study series to its exhilarating conclusion.

Despite the odds, Yelena and Valek have forged an irrevocable bond and a family that transcends borders. Now, when their two homelands stand on the brink of war, they must fight with magic and cunning to thwart an Ixian plot to invade Sitia.

Yelena seeks to break
Published January 31st 2017 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about Dawn Study, please sign up.
Audrey Personally it annoys me. You may expect to like something, but until you've actually read it, it's dishonest to rate it.

Start your review of Dawn Study (Soulfinders, #3)
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
I hated this book. I fucking LOVED this entire series, books 1-5. Even books 2-3 in the Poison Study series because Yelena was so fucking awesome. The Soulfinders books 1-2. Wow. Just wow. Even better because of the inclusion of my beloved Valek as a narrative voice, but man, this book was such a clusterfuck, and it breaks my heart to say this.

It was boring. It was SO boring. Valek started to sound like a generic whiny asinine male instead of Valek the Great, One of My Three Book Boyfriends, and
Brittany
It literally hurt my heart to give this book anything but 5 stars, but here we are; a massive puddle of disappointment.
The Study series is my precious. After waiting many years in the hopes that Yelena would grace my life with more books my dream came true. And now we're at the absolute end(I assume so anyhow) and I'm mad.
Dawn Study what the hell? It's not even the story, although there was nothing super stellar or shocking about it(in fact, it was overly repetitive; capture, rescue, scheme, c
Caitlin
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"You are more beautiful to me today than yesterday. Each day when I think I can't possibly love you any more than I do, you prove me wrong."

Look, I promised that there would be a full review of this book but really, I'm a liar. The problem is that I have a lot of spoilery thoughts and hardly anyone has read these books so I don't want to risk spoiling anyone who's looking to read these books in the future!

This series is honestly one that I will hold close to my heart forever because it's ju
Helena of Eretz ✰
description

“Our herd may roam, but we all know where is home.”

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THIS AMAZING SERIES IS OVER!!! As per usual, I’m in the minority when it comes to my feelings about a book. Most reviews seem to state that this final instalment in the Ixian Chronicles is the weakest of the 6, but I still firmly believe that Fire Study is the only one deserving of that title, as it’s the sole instalment that earned a mere 4.5-star rating for me. This was a phenomenal finale, and I enjoyed every second
Siobhan
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dawn Study was all I could have hoped for from the ninth, and final, Chronicles of Ixia novel. I admit that it wasn’t perfect, but it was a brilliant ending to a truly wonderful series.

I’ve read all of the Ixia books – the Study series, the Glass series, the Soulfinders series, and the short stories – excluding Shattered Glass. I planned to pick that one up before reading this, yet when NetGalley approved my request, I was too excited. I couldn’t hold back – I had to read this one. Fear not, al
Tati
Jun 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
Boy, was this bad...

If I had to sum the whole thing up with a gif, it would be:

description

Shall we talk about the characters first? They were flat, flat, flat. Flat as an open bottle of soda left in the fridge for three days. Valek was so frustrating! He needed some anger management classes, all he felt was fury, rage, anger... Yelena was also a train wreck. I mean, lady, you're pregnant! I'm not saying that pregnant women should be wrapped in bubble wrap, but I don't think it's healthy for them to go gall
Avy  (Book Looney) ❄️

Just waiting for Yelena to meet Valek's mother.... >.> ...more
Laura ☾
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Somhow, Dawn Study was a very bland finale to me - the plot felt very repetitive. There were too many POV characters (with too short chapters considering), breaking up the narrative so it didn’t flow, and felt really dull in parts, and made it drag on.

While I loved Valek and Yelena in the original trilogy, somehow they both seemed less faceted and more single minded here, and the dialogue felt a bit stilted.
Elena Carina
GIVE ME THE SEQUEL NOW
description
Coleen (The Book Ramblings)
This is bittersweet. The Study and Soulfinders series are the only series I have ever read in full and completed. The only two series that I will recommend to anyone without hesitation. So while it is sad to see it come to an end, I think it was a solid ending to Yelena and Valek's story. While I loved being in their world again and coming along for their adventurous, dangerous, and love filled journey with all their friends and enemies, it became repetitive. It was just a repeated cycle of plot ...more
Bee
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
I loved how all the characters came together for one final book! I really hope there's more to come in this world - perhaps with the next generation, because I will seriously miss Ixia and Sitia too much! Poison Study is one of my all-time favourites and now I've read 9 books worth with the characters, which is the longest time I've ever stayed in one world.

I though Dawn Study was a fun end to the series, maybe slightly anticlimactic, but just getting to live with these characters for another 35
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
Dec 17, 2014 marked it as to-read
It has a title! I can't wait for this book

Marta Cox
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Four and a half from me
I started this journey with Yelena and Valek way back in Poison Study and although the author has fleshed out her world by shining a light on peripheral characters these two have always dominated it for me. It's with a little sadness that I realise their story is probably now told but wow what a way to end this spin off Soulfinder series .
At the end of the previous book Night Study readers were left wondering just how a peaceful life could ever be on the cards as someone
Maggie ☘
“You could put the sass into assassin.”

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

“You are more beautiful to me today than yesterday. Each day when I think I can't possibly love you any more than I do, you prove me wrong.”

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

“That's a good idea.”
“Don't sound so surprised, love. I might start to think you're only interested in me for my body.”
“Did you say something? I was too busy staring at your muscular chest.”
“Nice.”

I can't believe this story is over. I will miss this magical world and these
ShoSho
Dec 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, netgalley, x-2016
I hate to do this but I can't give more than 3 stars to this book. I only liked it and didn't love it.
It was very repetitive and long , it also got boring at times. It's not a good sign when I'm not sleepy but I choose to sleep rather than reading a few more chapters.
I lost count of times the characters were captured, rescued , relocated and got captured again. Valek and Yelena weren't the power couple they always are. Almost all of their plans went wrong.They got it right at the end but I wasn'
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
While I may have a strong dislike for Opal and her choices, I absolutely love Valek and Yelana and hate this series comes to an end. All the side characters are great save Opal.

This was a wonderful edition to the series that kept moving. I didn't find myself bored. Only at the end did I regret it was over.

The narrator did a fantastic job and I'll hear her voice of Valek in my head forever.

Gah, I want more. It hurts my heart to think I'll never be able to visit these characters again.
majo
Reading this series was an amazing journey.
Yoda
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one had so much action I had to take small breaks to process all that was happening at all times. Every time they made a plan it was ruined by some new information or thing happening. It was a bit too much. Its still getting 5 stars but only because of the nostalgic feelings I have for Maria V. Snyder and Ixia/Sitia.
I love Yelena/Valek but Janco was the most interesting pov. And I wish there was a bit less of "You sound like Janco", "That´s what Janco would say" and "You´ve been spending t
Bec
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, favorites, read-2019
This series has been so much fun. I'm sad it's over, but I live in hope for more spin offs/ sequels one day (especially ones with Reema and/or Liana as main characters because I would love to see more of them as grown ups)
Diabolica
Aaaaahhh.... it was so beautiful.

I absolutely love how Synder ended this novel, it tied up every end.

I am content.
I fell in love with Yelena and Valek in Poison Study and have been a devoted fan of this series ever since then. Maria V. Snyder has created such a wonderful world along with so many favourite characters and I just devour each new instalment so I'm pretty heartbroken that Dawn Study is the final book. If you're going to end a series then it has to be on a high note though and she has definitely achieved that goal here. This book was action packed from beginning to end, we get a chance to catch u ...more
Dianne
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: galleys-arcs
I'm going to warn you that I am not someone who is fawning over this book. I disliked it immensely.

It was a copy and paste book; a wash- rinse- repeat book. Each chapter was the same...go to help solve everything, get caught or get hurt, heal and on to the next issue. Nothing different.

I could say that the ending was a surprise to me -but it wasn't -the author couldn't chance having her fans hate her if she chose to do it in any other manner. It makes for the possibility that if there is anothe
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
This review was originally posted on The Moonlight Library
I don't even know where to start with this book.

You know how each instalment of a series is supposed to be more epic than the last?

Well, at one point Snyder has something like 28 characters 'onscreen', all with different motivations, characterisations, and backstories, including small children with more sass than they have the right to be.

I don't know how she managed to keep it all straight in her head, let alone write it in a way that ma
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Thanks to Netgalley and HQ for giving me this book to review.

Dawn Study is the brilliant final novel in the Soulfinders series, which is well written and action-packed but a bit slow. I also found it a bit repetitive and I did not fear that the main characters were ever in danger.

Yelena disappointed me a bit with her lack of trust and being self-destructive despite being pregnant. Valek is feeling very protective of Yelena and I felt it changed him from the stealthy and calculating Valek we know
Alice
Dec 31, 2014 marked it as to-read
You know you love an author & her books when you're excited before there's even a synopsis or cover. :) ...more
Mei
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I'm really sorry to say that this was NOT as good as the previous books!

Valek was one of my favorit heroes for his coolness and smart, but here he was just an average possessive and super-protective males! It was such a disappointement!

Jelena too was not as good as she was before. She keeps doubting Valek constantly putting herself in danger because of that!

The story could have been interesting, but it kept jumping around several POVs and situations. It was discontinous and difficult to follow.

A
Pavan Pd
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Actual rating 2.5

I did not hate the book. But there were so many things to dislike about it. But on the whole, plotwise it did a good job of tying up almost all loose ends. ALMOST! A good ending to what was supposed to be Yelena and Valek's story but has come to include a really really extended "herd"!

The story telling was bad. And by bad I mean bad. Many of the sentences had me cringing with pain. "You could put the sass in assassin" I read at one time and almost groaned out loud. The book star

Brianna
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Usually, when a series ends, it ends well and any attempts to continue it just make the story go downhill. That's why it took me a year to read Shadow Study. Ms. Snyder amazes me by creating a continuation of an amazing series and impossibly making it even better.
Yelena and Valek's relationship, while always wonderful, has grown deeper and somehow more meaningful as each character grows and develops so natually, you almost don't notice.
Why do I have to wait a year for the next one??!!
YA Buddy Readers'...: Dawn Study (Soulfinders #3) By Maria V. Snyder - Restarting April 27th 2020 29 173 May 24, 2020 09:11PM
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 9 132 Feb 24, 2019 11:57PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover to kindle edition 2 188 Feb 13, 2017 06:38AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please change page count 2 188 Feb 13, 2017 06:37AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add pagecount 7 27 Feb 09, 2017 05:29PM

• Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Breath of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #2)
  • Earth's End (Air Awakens, #3)
  • Dragons & Dirigibles (Gaslight Chronicles, #7)
  • Water's Wrath (Air Awakens, #4)
  • Eidolon (Wraith Kings, #2)
  • Ashes & Alchemy (Gaslight Chronicles, #6)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom #2)
  • A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1)
  • Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3)
  • Cards & Caravans (Gaslight Chronicles, #5)
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2)
  • Heart on Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #3)
  • Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2)
  • Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)
When Maria V. Snyder was younger, she aspired to be a storm chaser in the American Midwest so she attended Pennsylvania State University and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology. Much to her chagrin, forecasting the weather wasn’t in her skill set so she spent a number of years as an environmental meteorologist, which is not exciting...at all. Bored at work and needing a creative out ...more

Soulfinders (3 books)
  • Shadow Study (Soulfinders #1; Study, #4)
  • Night Study (Soulfinders, #2)

News & Interviews

“Are you the assassin who wants Uncle Valek’s job?”

“Eventually, yes.” Onora considered the young girl. “Are you thinking of challenging me for it?”

“Oh, no. I’m not skilled enough,” Reema demurred.

But Onora was too smart to fall for it. “Uh-huh. From what I’ve been hearing, you could put the sass into assassin.”
6 likes