Start by marking “Hidden Order (Scot Harvath, #12)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Order (Scot Harvath, #12)

Hidden Order (Scot Harvath #12)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  10,998 Ratings  ·  728 Reviews
The most secretive organization in America operates without accountability to the American people. Hiding in the shadows, pretending to be part of the United States Government, its power is beyond measure. Control of this organization has just been lost and the future of the nation has been thrust into peril.

When the five candidates being considered to head this mysterious

Published July 9th 2013 by Atria/Emily Bestler

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Order, please sign up.

Leah Brown You can. There are sometime references to previous incidents, and there is sometimes character crossover, but I don't think it's anything you couldn't…moreYou can. There are sometime references to previous incidents, and there is sometimes character crossover, but I don't think it's anything you couldn't follow!(less)

Krycek
Oct 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
I was in the mood recently for something sort of Jack Bauer-ish/Jason Bourne-esque (or is it "Jack Bauer-esque/Jason Bourne-ish?"), some kind of military/espionage/thriller deal, along that vein. I was vaguely aware of Brad Thor and his Scot Harvath series, but never had a real interest to check it out, mainly because I generally think that Brad Thor is full of shit. Nevertheless, Hidden Order, latest in the series, was at eye-level at my local library, so I picked it up on a whim. And who knows ...more
Liz
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
To start off, I must issue the disclaimer that halfway through this book I saw brad Thor in an interview in Chicago where he offered to buy George Zimmerman a gun. I have read all of Brad Thor 's books and consider myself a fan. However, I was greatly disturbed by his comments. While I don't think he is a racist, his propensity and endorsement of firearms was disturbing. I guess considering the genre that he writes I shouldn't be surprised although it is fiction. As a Canadian who lives in a cou ...more
Eric
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Scot Harvath
I bumped this up my reading list after reading the prequel short story, Free Fall, which was action-packed and left off on a cliffhanger, and was then a bit disappointed reading this, as that story was more exhilarating than this novel.

This novel -- after wrapping up the cliffhanger of the prelude short story, which had nothing to do with novel's the main plot -- centered on Fed conspiracies, CIA black projects, a Dan Brown-like historical tour of Boston, and a killer eerily reminiscent of Dexte
Tara
Jul 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013
Ugh. Do men really think women talk like this? Does the middle finger equal clever repartee? This book featured two storylines that you know are going to merge, but you wait and wait and finally they collide and it's like a car accident...you can't help but look at the horrible mess as you drive by but you think "I'm so glad I'm not responsible for THAT." The way it wraps up is beyond ridiculous. I did learn some interesting stuff about the Federal Reserve, so that's why it gets 1 star.
Absynthe
Woah... what just happened? Brad Thor is pretty good about plot holes. He usually doesn't have any big ones. This book has a gaping one.

Ummm... so all these people on this super secret list are kidnapped and start showing up dead. I'm not really spilling the beans, it happens in the first 20 pages or so. And Scot gets hired to find these kidnapped people. And he never, ever asks who had access to the list? He runs this entire investigation without once trying to figure out who could have seen th
Bonnie-ann
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read a lot of thriller/espionage fiction. When asked who my favorite author is, my response is always "Brad Thor." I then recommend that friends read the Scot Harvath series in order so as to not miss a moment. It was therefore very exciting to wake up to my email on Tuesday morning and see that my Audible pre-order of "Hidden Order" was ready for download. I had spent the weekend re-reading "Black List" to refresh the chronology of characters in my mind.

Turns out that I didn't need to refresh
Mike (the Paladin)
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Not your typical Brad Thor/Scot Harvath book. We follow Scot's story. Having entered the "private sector" he's now involved in a (another) plot against the American people.

While there is plenty of action here it's not as central to the story as action is in some of the books. This is more of an investigative read up until the last quarter or so when the climax brings about a series of violent confrontations.

I liked the book, I found some of the historical conversations involving. If your not awa
Douglas
Aug 14, 2013 rated it liked it
I don't believe i reveal any "spoilers", anyway. Reading it was the equivalent of watching "National Treasure" with Nicholas Cage, except without the poor acting skills of Cage and disappointment of "studio cost cutting". It had the attention grabbing of any action film with the good/bad "Dexter" character cop hidden within but not clarified as such. Over all the book made you wonder if you even remotely received a poorly saturated history class as compared to the main characters interest and co ...more
Tim
Sep 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
Scot Harvath is one of my favorite characters, except when he does not get to do what he does best, which is put down bad guys. He left the Secret Service because he didn't want to play defense. This story is about chasing vicious murders after they occur instead of preventing them. There is little redeeming value here unlike most of Brad Thor's novels. Easily my least favorite Horvath read to date. 2 of 10 stars
Shelley Lee Riley
Jul 28, 2013 rated it liked it
“It is said that power corrupts, but actually it’s more true that power attracts the corruptible.” – David Brin

Power beyond measure? That is without a doubt the most terrifying of thoughts. Why is it that so often the intentions of a few, which start out cloaked in good, and espoused to benefit the many, turn out when the layers are peeled back, to reveal exactly the opposite?

With all the scandals currently fouling the already poisonous atmosphere of our Nation’s Capital, I get where Mr. Thor w
Joe
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Brad Thor fans and Vince Flynn fans
Shelves: thriller
Right up front I want to admit, I am a big fan of Brad Thor, so I enjoy most everything he writes. This time out, it was a pleasant change to not read about "terrorists", at least from the Middle East because "HIDDEN ORDER" was all about "Terrorists" of another kind, a shadow group of Americans, working within the US Government to bring down the financial world as we know it. Conspiracy theorists will love this read, because it will drive you to the research books, trying to find out, if what th ...more
Rick Fisher
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's hard to believe this series can get any better. But, that is exactly what happened.
This is the best of the series. I have loved each and every one of the Scot Harvath novels, but this one soars above them all.

Jim
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Not his best. Way too much historical detail about the federal reserve, blah, blah, blah.
Angela Austin
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy Brad Thor's books on Scott Harvath. Are they way out there with some of the plots and missions. I believe so, but I enjoy the black op missions and seeing where the main characters go on wither lives. I'm sure this is not for everyone....but I enjoy them and will continue reading them.
Shelley
*Genre* Mystery, Thriller
*Rating* 3-3.5

*My Thoughts*

Scot Harvath is back in action and this time the main focus is on the Federal Reserve, which I have to tell you, was very, very interesting to read about and makes me wonder why other people don't chirp in for more awareness of what this non branch of government actually does with OUR money. You could say that Thor once again rips his story from the headlines and tosses his character into the middle of it.

Whenever I read one of these books, I a
Jay
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How do I begin. Well I guess I will begin by saying that 75% of the way in this book I was majorly disappointed. I was thinking to myself that this was more of a history book than a thriller. I love history, don't get me wrong. But when I buy a thriller, I expect to be thrilled. So I wasn't too enthused most of the book. But the last 5-6 chapters made up for it. They made up for the rest of the book.

This book was different from Brad Thor's last three books in that it's a completely stand alone s
Andrea Olson
Nov 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
It just didn't hold my attention at all.
It was mediocre writing, and maybe the worst character cast I've ever suffered through. I know commercial fiction is lacking in this department sometimes, but come on!! I finished the book a few hours ago and I've already forgotten the names of every important character. I'll settle for Mr.Buff and Ms. Sexy Sleuth with Evil Henchman (ski mask variety) and Evil Henchman (who's holding an explosive crate).
The story slogged along, I was hoping whatever dirty
Ned Frederick
Jun 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Thor improves his skills as a writer with each new installment of the Scot Harvath series. With Hidden Order he created a mystery cum procedural sub-plot that allowed the reader to forget that Harvath is getting a bit long in the tooth now for his usual high octane action driven plots. Instead the spotlight was more on his intellect, and his deductive powers. Add in a Dan-Brownesque conspiracy involving the Fed, and you keep expecting a mumbling Nicholas Cage to come to the rescue. Instead we ar ...more
Skip
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Scot Harvath and his boss, Reed Carlton, are hired by the Federal Reserve when all five members of the short list of candidates for the top job are kidnapped in one evening. Harvath is sent to Boston when the second turns up dead, and the killings seem to be seeped in the Sons of Liberty. Scot joins forces with Boston detective Lara Cordero, but seem to be one step behind. Meanwhile, a CIA operative is approached by a Jordanian spy asking about a disbanded "dark op" group, which is destabilizing ...more
Richard Epstein
Nov 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Mr Thor (no, really, and as far as I know, he has nothing to do with the Marvel guy wielding Maxwell's silver hammer) is a truly dreadful novelist, combining wish-fulfillment violence, John Birch-era conspiracy theory, and remarkable ignorance. His explication of "Hegelian dialectic" is like something from a freshman who failed to read the assignment, but did watch an episode of "Scandal."

If there were a rating below one-star, I'd have chosen it.
Larry
Jul 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Disappointing… I was looking forward to kick-butt Scott Harvath action book. I got a detective story.

I had high expectations after the first couple of chapters. The Federal Reserve, the Arab Spring… I was thinking that this was going to be a heck of an action plot. Nope. I just got some characters from prior books and Revolutionary War history in Boston. The detective story was OK – but just OK.
Cathy
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
This is definitely not the best book in the series. I never quite got into the flow. There were too many characters that were not developed as thoroughly as I would have liked. This is unusual as I generally love this author.
Ian
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spy-thriller
Great book! Amazing story and an awesome way to tie in the history of American finance, British taxation on the colonies and the driving forces behind the American Revolution with Scot Harvath's no non sense battle against terrorism.
You won't be disappointed!
Jill
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: scot harvath series, brad thor, political th
I thought this book was just okay. I think I might be losing interest in this series. It was pretty easy to read and follow and everything. But I thing for me its losing its originality and appeal which was one of the reason why I had enjoyed this series so much.
Jerry Van
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed another Thor book, especially the short history lesson on the Federal Reserve system!!! Lots of entrique, twists n turns, sub plots etc. Highly recommend
Kaholstein
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like Scot Harvath novels but they can be little stretched. This was the best one. More believable story and current event with banking crisis constantly lurking.
Diana Westfall
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable Scott Harvath book. A little slower than some others but very pleased by the ending.
Michelle
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: thriller
I feel deceived. So iBooks offered me a free copy of a prequel/short story leading into Hidden Order, and that was the hook. Next thing I know, I'm downloading this. Because the prequel/short story was pretty decent, and I wanted to see where this Scot Harvath was going to take me.

And I didn't really care for where I ended up.

Want to know why...besides the aforementioned bait and switch?

1. So there are these horrific killing scenes set up to mimic American Revolutionary history...all set in Bost
Tucker Elliot
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I’ve been a fan of this series for a long time but HIDDEN ORDER isn’t your typical Scot Harvath thriller – so if you’re expecting a tense race against the clock to thwart a large scale terror attack or if you’d like to see Harvath hunt down and punish bad guys looking to do us harm, then this one is a bit of a curveball and might not be as satisfying as previous Brad Thor books. There’s obviously no pleasing everyone – if it was your typical Harvath storyline then there’d be those criticizing it ...more
Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo
4.5 Stars

A Jordanian Spy master approaches a CIA operative whom is coming back to the States in an airport. There is information of a terrorist plot regarding America, but he wants to trade information; Why is the U.S, government sponsoring the Arab Spring? And is the kingdom of Jordan next? He has pictures of deep Black Ops meeting with the Muslim Brotherhood in Jordan and every Arab country that fell during that time of destabilization and chaos. Lidia Ryan is stunned and takes it to her boss.
(SPOILER) Toy airplane 2 28 Jul 19, 2014 09:20PM
  • Jordan's Brains: A Zombie Evolution
  • The Road to Hell is Paved With Zombies (Zombie Fighter Jango, #1)
  • Doomsday Diaries
  • The Widow's Strike (Pike Logan, #4)
  • The Last Refuge (Dewey Andreas, #3)
  • Flesh Code: Vol. I
  • The Fridgularity
  • Our American Awakening
  • The Last Man (Mitch Rapp, #13)
  • The Night Ranger (John Wells, #7)
  • Warriors (Alexander Hawke, #8)
  • Act of Terror (Jericho Quinn, #2)
Welcome to my GOODREADS author page! Thank you for stopping by.

My brand new thriller, USE OF FORCE will be published on June 27th and is available for pre-order now.

I have also created an array of terrific bonus material for you at my web site BradThor.com and hope you will stop by. While you're there, you can enjoy videos as well as sign up for my exclusive newsletter with its special subscriber
More about Brad Thor...

Scot Harvath (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Lions of Lucerne (Scot Harvath, #1)
  • Path of the Assassin (Scot Harvath, #2)
  • State of the Union (Scot Harvath, #3)
  • Blowback (Scot Harvath, #4)
  • Takedown (Scot Harvath, #5)
  • The First Commandment (Scot Harvath, #6)
  • The Last Patriot (Scot Harvath, #7)
  • The Apostle (Scot Harvath, #8)
  • Foreign Influence (Scot Harvath, #9)
  • Full Black (Scot Harvath, #10)

“Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.” —JOHN F. KENNEDY” 4 likes
“If you steadfastly refused to quit, you rapidly narrowed your options to only winning.” 3 likes