Start by marking “Uncharted (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #1)” as Want to Read:
Uncharted (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #1)

Uncharted

(Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #1)

Note: Alternate Cover Edition
ISBN: 9781927554067
ISBN: 9781927554050
ISBN: 9781927554081
ISBN: 2940045066303
ISBN: 9781927554074
ASIN: B00A2DWGU2

WARNING: Contains scenes of mature subject matter, graphic situations and language. Reader discretion is advised.

In the prequel to COUNTERMEASURE, love is the utmost cardinal emotion and shines brightly as Conor and Maeve Brennan
Published November 5th 2012 by Éire Publishing (first published November 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Uncharted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncharted

Start your review of Uncharted (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #1)
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I've never read this series, so this is the first time I hear about Trevor and his parents. I checked the main story after reading this prequel and it does sound interesting (Trevor's parents went missing one day and he is searching for any clue he can get about their disappearance).
In Uncharted we see that their disappearance wasn't accidental, but planned. They left to protect Trevor. It doesn't say from whom or what. In these four chapters we see their preparations, their pain and suffering
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
3.0*-3.5*

Nice way to hook me into the series thru this freebie. Now I want to find out the rest of the story:)
Writer
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: EVERY ONE
Mysterious,Intriguing,Poignant...can all this really hold true in one?,
By mila devlin ""writer geek""

Amazon Verified Purchase This review is from: Uncharted (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #1) (Kindle Edition)

THIS ONE DOES! from the very start it had me so intrigued, wondering what all the subtle hints leading to...so mysterious it had me feeling fearful of what their intent and of harming themselves...poignant in a way that it touched an inner emotion in me, that of Maeve and Conor's love for
Mayas
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book sets course the beginning of the series perfectly. Conor and Maeve love resembles that of their son Trevor and his wife Cassandra. I am really anticipating Alternate Connections now and wanting the story to unfold.
Sarah Greenwood
Goes down as another off my Bookworm Bingo Challenge A book with two authors. A quick read to get you interested in the rest of the series.

An intriguing prequel giving you a glimpse into the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Peters parents Maeve and Conor Brennan. It doesnt give too much away about the why they are leaving, just that they are. A sailing trip like they do yearly but this one with an ulterior motive. To find out what the true motive is you will have to check out the
Kathy Davie
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Pages: 29

First in the Bytes of Life short stories series, which is a character-developing companion series to their full-novel Countermeasure series; a prequel to Countermeasure .

Personally, I see it as a way to force their readers to part with more cash. (Yeah, they say it's free. For now. Once they get you hooked...) Almeida-Aubrey claim it's a way to develop and provide insight into their characters. Yeah, right. Do it in the damn book!

They also claim this contains EROTIC content. Well, yes,
Maria Mercedes
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Uncharted (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #1)
By: Cecilia Aubrey & Chris Almeida
File Size: 287 KB
Publisher: Éire Publishing, LLC - November 5, 2012.
In the short prequel to COUNTERMEASURE, love is the utmost cardinal emotion and shines brightly as Conor and Maeve Brennan struggle with a life changing decision. In this glimpse into the hearts of the Brennans, you will see the strength of a love unlike any other--a love that transcends right and wrong. A love that remains unchallenged to this
Mark Woods
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Uncharted is the long-anticipated prequel Bytes Of Life short story that takes part shortly before the events in Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey's longer novel, Countermeasure. This particular short tells the story of Trevor Bauer's parents just before their untimely disappearance; missing presumed dead at sea. This short tale is intended to tease and tantalize loyal readers by dropping a few hints as to the nature of the disappearance of Connor and Maeve without actually giving anything ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 Stars

Uncharted is part of the Countermeasure: Bytes of Life series. This is a prequel to Countermeasure, which is book one. We have followed Trevor on a journey through several books as he searches for answers to what exactly happened to his parents. With the addition of Uncharted we get a glimpse into their actual lives as they prepare to leave and give up the life they once knew.

Its really an emotional short tale of a mother torn between
Gaele
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, reviewed
Its taken me far longer to read and review this short than it should have, but I think that delaying the read actually made this short prequel to the series far more meaningful to me. In this short, Almeida and Aubrey introduce us to Conor and Maeve, parents of Trevor, a lead character in the series. We are provided a glimpse into those few hours before they disappear without a trace, leaving Trevor with a colossal mystery that weighs on his heart and is the impetus for many of his choices to ...more
Lynn Hallbrooks
This short story is the prequel to the novel, Countermeasure. If you have read the novel then it gives a little more background. If you haven't read the novel first, then I suggest you read this first then go to the novel because it feels as if they flow together.

I loved knowing more of the background but the elusive element that flows through Countermeasure and To Russia With Love begins here and in my opinion is more intense.

I understand that novel 3, Alternate Connections is still in the
Nicole
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Conner and Maeve had been married a long time and they loved their home life in Dublin. However all of this is about to change forever. They agreed this is best for the son Trevor, but they cant ignore the pain this decision will cause.

Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey have written a very intriguing start to their series, with this short story. Readers will be captivated and anxious to figure out what the motive is that caused such a drastic decision from the main characters. Even though it is a
Becky Condit
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*snick* and a critical pin falls into place in the lock to the Countermeasure mystery of what happened to Trevors parents.
Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey write suspense so full of emotion I cant hold the tears back, and especially so with this prequel to the saga, UNCHARTED. As they prepare to leave on their fateful journey Conner mourned the loss of children unborn. Maeve mourned the loss of the child she already has.
As if it wasnt hard enough to read this tale from Trevors POV in the first
Rhayne
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is an emotional short tale of a mother torn between what she has to do and what she wants to do. Its about a father who has no alternatives and is determined to keep his family safe. Even if that decision means saying goodbye forever, it is what has to happen.

There are still many questions surrounding this whole story line. It seems that each book just continues to add more intriguing questions. Its like one big puzzle and with every new chapter lays a missing piece. They truly know how to
Ren
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this prequel to prepare for my audio book read of Countermeasure. It's pretty much a snippet of how Maeve and Conner felt for each other during their marriage. They were married and in love for 20 some odd years and have a son they adore. For some unknown reason, they must pick up and leave without telling anyone where they are going. Countermeasure is the next journey where Trevor looking reasons why his parents disappeared.

I liked the story but I didn't love it. I get that they are in
Lori Myers
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
okay....it was free...I had a day to do nothing but one click at Amazon...so out of like 20 books I downloaded, this was the first one I read of all those freebies....I would say a good 75 percent of the free reads I get, by the end of chapter 1 are gone....but this one felt lucky to me, so I got nice and comfy in my recliner and started.
I was not very far in, when I noticed that I was no longer reclining, my feet were on the floor and my pulse was beating a bit faster than normal...
A short
Amy R
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Uncharted is the prequel to Countermeasure and a must read whether you have or have not read Countermeasure yet. Check out this freebie because it will snag your attention and hook you into the rest of the series or provide you with more knowledge about Trevor Bauer's parents and what they are feeling regarding what they are about to do, and thus, providing us even more curiosity into Trevor's quest in the Countermeasure series. Sounds vague, right? Well, it is, but also helps understand things ...more
Danielle Annett
Uncharted was a a quick and easy read giving me a better idea of what to expect in the Countermeasure series. I got a peak into the lives of Conor and Maeve and the decision they are forced to make. It gave me a touch of back story though I would have liked a bit more. I think I may have enjoyed it more had I read book 1 and then gone back to read the prequel but I liked it none the less and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Cinthia
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short prequel of Countermeasure but which could be read after.
In Uncharted we met Conor and Maeve Brennan Trevor's parents before their missing or dead. The night before the sail day.
I loved meet the couple and their love for each other and for their only child Trevor but I want more, much more details about their missing.
Amelia
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-read-for-free
For considering how short a freebie Uncharted is, it sure does draw you in emotionally. It is rare to see such a touching sex scene - I didn't find it erotic personally, but it was genuinely beautiful and transformed a middle of the range novella into something that could easily be a four star, and probably would've been had I read the next book (and therefore had some context).
Carol
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. It gives you a little tid bid on what happened or what we think happened to Trevor's parents as it leads into Countermeasure. It also makes you wonder what kind of "problem" Connor is in, that he chose to do what he did. But very intriguing!! :)
Darcy
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it
This little short explains a little more about the prologue from Countermeasure, but mostly I have more questions, hopefully they will be answered soon.
Ivy
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started with Countermeasures and couldn't stop...love the characters and the mystery that surrounds them.
Husain
Nov 07, 2012 rated it liked it

Simply put nice choices of wards filled with passion , love , and tragedy .
Victoria
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read in April, 2013

Re-Read in January, 2014

****
Review - coming really soon...
Eileen
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've heard so much about this series I figured I would start it this year. And the journey begins for me.
Kimberly
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
These shorts are fantastic! They are short little reads with some hot scenes. I even cried on some! :) Thank you Chris and Ceci!
Wendy T
Dec 06, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm really looking forward to read countermeasure now.
Julie
Jul 09, 2013 rated it liked it
A great start to the "Countermeasure" series.
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Hotness Rating 2 out of 5

Review to come...
Chris Almeida (also known as C. Almeida) began writing childrens stories at a very young age. Born in Brazil but currently living in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Chris life took a totally different course when technology came into play, and the following 17 years were spent delving deep into the world of programming and web design.
It was in 2010, when Chris began role playing online as a hobby, that

Countermeasure: Bytes of Life (7 books)
  • Ecstasy by the Sea (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #2; Countermeasure #1.1)
  • Cuffed at Midnight (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #3; Countermeasure #1.2)
  • Passion at Dawn (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #4; Countermeasure #1.4)
  • Blindsided (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #5; Countermeasure #2.1)
  • Lost to Rapture (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #6; Countermeasure #2.4)
  • Christmas Wish (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #7; Countermeasure #2.6)

News & Interviews