Start by marking “Forever, Interrupted” as Want to Read:
Forever, Interrupted

Forever, Interrupted

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  6,439 Ratings  ·  891 Reviews
Have you ever heard of supernovas? They shine brighter than anything else in the sky and then fade out really quickly, a short burst of extraordinary energy. I like to think you and Ben were like that . . . in that short time, you had more passion than some people have in a lifetime.

Elsie Porter is an average twentysomething and yet what happens to her is anything but ordi
Published July 9th 2013 by Washington Square Press

To ask other readers questions about Forever, Interrupted, please sign up.

Betty Yes. Ben dies in the first chapter. The rest of the book is flashbacks and how to move forward after you lose the love of your life.

Aestas Book Blog
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::: 4.5 stars :::

*wipes tears* Woah, this book really just hits you right in the feels. My heart feels like it's just been run over. Truthfully, I've had this book sitting on Kindle for over a year while I worked up the courage to read it. But recently I read another (unrelated) book by this author Maybe In Another Life and really fell in love with her writing style so I decided to make this my next "emotional" read. As it turned out, earlier today I was in the mood
Jennifer Kyle
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 ~ 4.5 Stars

”…those nine days, those six months, they are a part of your life now, a part of you they may not have been enough for you but they were enough to change you.”

description

Wow this story packed a powerful punch as the author takes the reader from present as Elsie looses her husband Ben and the past as they meet and fall in love all in the matter of six months. Elsie and Ben have been married a total of nine days when she looses the love of her life. To make matters difficult Ben didn’t tell hi
Rachel Reads Ravenously

This book completely wrecked me, in a good way. I won't say this often but boy I was I glad I was single when I read this, because if I had been married, I feel like it would have been even tougher. But this book is so worth reading, like all of TJR's books, it's different from the typical chick lit/romance
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
DNF at 44%

I guess I'm not in the mood for an emotional read right now. The past/present scenes are giving me whiplash and the writing is very immature - full of short, telegraphic sentences. It's a little hard to believe that this is the author who wrote one of my all time favorites After I Do.
★★★★
Forever, Interrupted is a standalone, women’s fiction novel written by the fabulous Taylor Jenkins Reid. It addresses grief and loss, but also discusses how complex family dynamics can be. It explores if loss is the same whether you knew a person for three months or three decades, and it shows how people grieve and heal in very different ways. I so enjoyed Forever, Interrupted and found it to be a very moving novel about surviving death and how even in the depths of sadness, tenderness and h
Ms. Brandon
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sentimental
MARAVILLOSA, no hay otra manera de describir la historia de Ben y Elsie. Ojalá se publicaran más novelas románticas/sentimentales de este estilo y menos morralla.
KAS
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
IT'S OFFICIAL! I AM A TOTAL TJR FANGIRL!!!

This author Blows. Me. Away. Every. Time.

Do you ever yearn to read a romance where the relationships are messy and complicated, never of the nice and tidy variety? Do you yearn to FEEL all the emotions, both joyful and painful, which a complex relationship can evoke? That is exactly what you are guaranteed when reading a Taylor Jenkins Reid novel. Exposed are the inevitable curve balls thrown around those rosy corners of life. Exposed are the highest hig
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this made my heart ache and while this story is not anything new, it's still moved me so deeply. i really like stories about grief, and how people can go on living life after tragic, unexpected loss. i can't wait to read the rest of reid's books.
Kels
Once again, Taylor Reid has manage to steal my heart with her words, and trap it within the pages of her book. Forever Interrupted is both searingly heartbreaking and heartwarming, devastating and delightfully beautiful, and oh so hard to put down. Reid’s prose is simply convincing. It’s honest, unassuming, and raw. This novel is one the most emotionally captivating books I’ve read in a long while.

The characters are so flawed, and yet so hard not to fall in love with. (That’s a gold medal feat a
Elena
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Una historia maravillosa, conmovedora... Taylor me ha vuelto a cautivar de una manera increíble, una lectura en la que en un momento estaba con una sonrisa en la cara y al segundo con lágrimas en los ojos. Cruzando los dedos estoy para que publiquen más novelas suyas en español.
Maria Espadinha
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Alquimia da Perda

Os alvos do Amor são efémeros mas o Sentimento perdura encarnando múltiplas formas até à Alquimia da Perda. Porque a Vida vence e continua!...

Food for Heart!!
Recomenda-se :)
Marie
This review was originally posted on my blog, Ramblings of a Daydreamer. You can find it, and many more reviews at the blog.

I'll be honest: I was really wary when Simon and Schuster Canada contacted me and asked if I’d be interested in reading and reviewing Forever, Interrupted. In fact, I almost declined. I’m so, so glad I didn’t. Forever, Interrupted was not at all what I was expecting. I expected it to be really emotional and maybe even difficult to read, and while it was those thing
Marilyn
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay. I agreed to review this book for all the wrong reasons. And once I got it, I became scared of it. Scared to read it. But to review it, and not tell you a bit of myself, you may not get my views, and you wouldn't be able to understand the review. So here it goes.

When I was approached to read, and review this book, I was in a hard time myself. I had been married less than a year (granted, not the NINE days of the character in the book, Elise), and we were undergoing testing, on my husband, f
Bonnie
A copy of Forever, Interrupted was provided to me by Washington Square Press for review purposes.

'When you love someone so much that you've stuck around through all the interesting things that have happened to them and you have nothing left to say, when you know the course of their day before they even tell you, when you lie next to them and hold their hand even though they haven't said one interesting thing in days, that's a love I want. It's the love I was on target for.'

Elsie and Ben: madly i
Pilar Senac
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Se lleva 4 estupendas estrellas. Es un libro precioso sobre la perdida de la felicidad, del amor cuando acabas de encontrarlo. Me parece súper interesante la forma en la que lo narra la autora, porque vas conociendo a Ben, enamorándote de su encanto, al mismo tiempo que estas pasando el duelo por él, y eso te crea una cantidad de sentimientos encontrados alucinante. También me gusta lo poco perfecta que es Elsie, la forma en la que intenta retener ciertas cosas para ella, porque nunca las tuvo, ...more
Bea
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Preciosa historia!!!
Katie Ziegler (Life Between Words)
I've wanted to read TJR for a long time now, and lo and behold I finally have. This was her first book, and most people's least favorite. But I found it compelling and heartbreaking and vivid. Not perfect, or revolutionary by any means, but deeply moving with strong characters. And it explored grief in a believable, true way. I was impressed.
Johanna
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
**3.75 Uniquely & Heartwhelming Stars**

photo imagesWWHHU6WX_zps05620ee4.jpg

Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid,
is a beautiful story about love and loss, how one person can endure so much heartache that ultimately becomes suffocating.

This beautiful realistic depiction of what one endures when encountered with such a traumatic loss fills your heart with such a heaviness that one cannot even start to comprehend.

Forever, Interrupted fluctuates between past and present to give its reader a better understanding of Elsie an
Laurence R.
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THAT'S NOT FAIR!! IT ENDED MUCH SOONER THAN I WAS EXPECTING AND NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!
Michelle Finkle
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 big stars!!! Taylor Jenkins Reid needs to write more books. She just hits the target every time. Her books are so relatable. So relevant. This book was so packed with emotion, but it's not all sad. It's the kind of emotional whirlwind that breaks you down and builds you back up. I feel full at the end. So satisfying. Her writing is top notch. Her words are thought provoking. Her wisdom is clear. She's made her way to the top of my favorite authors list.
Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

This book was a beautiful. Forever, Interrupted is a heartwrenching story of love lost too soon but it's more than that. It's story about new beginnings, of finding your way when everything seems bleak. I loved this book from the tragic introduction through the hopeful ending.

The blurb on the cover says this book is "not your average love story" and that couldn't be more true. Usually in romance books,  two people meet each other, fall in love, and live happily ever after. In Forever, Interrupt
Gabby
It fucking kills me to say this, but I wasn't a fan of this book. I consider Taylor Jenkins Reid one of my favorite authors of all time, so I am completely shocked that I didn't like this book. This book follows a twenty-six year old named Elsie who marries Ben after only knowing him for six months. Nine days after Elsie and Ben are married, Ben is killed in an accident. The book follows Elsie after Ben's death as she mourns her husband and in alternating chapters we see how she met Ben and fell ...more
Alex
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Dopo aver letto l'ultima pagina di questo libro,ho fatto una cosa tanto assurda,quanto naturale: ho abbracciato il mio(Ben) e sono rimasta li in silenzio a godere di quel contatto,strano e decisamente inusuale da parte mia...
Perché quello che la storia di Elsie e Ben mi ha lasciato è proprio questo: la profonda consapevolezza della fortuna che ho di poter amare ed essere amata intensamente!
Un breve arco di tempo,sei mesi o poco più,appena nove giorni come marito e moglie e tutta la forza di un a
Buse
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5
Jaime Arkin
I’ve wanted to read this book for quite some time now, and I finally just grabbed it and dived in. First I just have to say - what a heartbreaking, soul-crushing, yet uplifting and amazing story. I know I kind of contradict myself there, but if you have read the summary of this then you know you’re in for a rollercoaster of a ride.

I love that this was basically two stories told side by side with this one unimaginable thing that happens smack dab in the middle.

One storyline takes us on the whirl
Jenny (adultishbooks)
May 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
3.5 Stars

I am officially out of Taylor Jenkins-Reid books.

This is a sad day.

Edit: March 2017
Now I can reread all of them and I will never be truly out of them.
Rissa
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Within ten pages i was in love and also broken. Within twenty pages i was almost in tears and raging with anger.
Reids novels always make my emotions bounce off the walls, all the feels all at once. I love the brief relationship we got to see of Ben and Elsie in the very beginning before IT happened. In just a few pages the love and compassion was so obvious, innocent... perfect and beautifully written.
Then we flip between past and present watching Ben and Elsie first meet and after the acciden
Hildy
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow. I'm worn out from power-reading this emotional book today. I went into this not knowing a thing about it. My friend Megan from Reading Books Like a Boss recommended this to me so I bought it on sale and decided to jump in. I don't want to give too much away but I think that most people will want to know that this is a story about loss. It's both tragic and beautiful and I shed quite a few tears, but lucky for me, I love a good novel-induced cry.

Reid does an excellent job telling the story
Sandra Cortez
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Behind these simplistic words held truth. The ugly, horrible thoughts that run through your head if the unimaginable took place. The dialogue felt natural, I was an observer when someone was at their worst and lowest low. I felt, felt all the pain and sadness. I now want to wrap my wonderful husband in bubble wrap and appreciate every snore and dirty piece of laundry. Supernova love is what these people had and it was worth every tear I let loose.
Gina *loves sunshine*
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, ebook, romance
loved this story - 4.5 stars!!!! The heart of the book is so sad - but the characters and the journey are so sweet and adorable!!! I was immediately drawn in and the writing just enveloped me - I was hooked!! definitely pick this up for an-enjoyable-sad-real-life read that will still make you smile often - I am surprised it hasn't had more buzz!!
  • Painless
  • The One That Got Away
  • Carry Me Home (Off the Map, #3.1)
  • Canary
  • Skinny Bitch in Love
  • Don't Fail Me Now
  • Happiness for Beginners
  • The Lonely Hearts Club
  • The Status of All Things
  • The Repeat Year
  • The Man I Love (The Fish Tales, #1)
  • Dancing with Molly
  • What You Wish For
  • Why Can't I Be You
  • Rainfall
  • Skipping a Beat
  • Gravity
  • Positively Beautiful
Taylor Jenkins Reid is the author of The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, One True Loves, Maybe in Another Life, and two other novels. She lives in Los Angeles. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @tjenkinsreid.
More about Taylor Jenkins Reid...

“No matter how strong you are, no matter how smart you are or tough you can be, the world will find a way to break you. And when it does, the only thing you can do is hold on.” 70 likes
“Drunk words are sober thoughts,” 19 likes