Start by marking “Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1)

Bound by Night

(MoonBound Clan Vampires #1)

A WOMAN OUT FOR BLOOD

Nicole Martin was only eight years old when the vampire slaves rose up in rebellion and killed her family. Now she devotes her life to finding a vaccine against vampirism, hoping to wipe out her memories—along with every bloodsucker on the planet. But there’s one thing she cannot destroy: her searing, undeniable attraction for the one man she should ha
ebook, US, 400 pages
Published September 24th 2013 by Pocket Books (first published July 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bound by Night, please sign up.
Liz Technically the next book is out. Book #2.5 in the Moonbound Clan series. Forsaken by Night, was released in a novella in 2017.

Start your review of Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1)
Navessa

Do you ever find yourself reading a book and have more questions than answers? Yeah. That.

This book is a cluster fuck of confusion and inconsistencies and the premise seems utterly implausible. Yes, I know its fiction, but come the fuck on. Vampires enslaved by humans? Humans who are weaker than them in almost every way? That’s like me intimidating a magic-wielding Dwayne Johnson out of a wrestling ring by flexing at him. Not gonna fucking happen.

Also, slavery? That’s where we go with this?

“O
xrysa
Aug 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
This is my first book by Larissa Ione and I have to admit that I'm slightly disappointed. I'm rating it with 3 stars because I'm not sure how I am feeling about it.
The first 50 maybe 60% was amazing.

However the rest of the book bored me to tears.

The story : The author takes us to a world where humans captive vampires and make them slaves to serve their own needs.A few years ago things got out of control and vampires rebelled against their masters.Nicole,our heroine, was young when the rebelli
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Buddy read with Kristina <3 <3

3,5 stars

This is my first book from Larissa.I've heard great things about her other series and when I saw that she was coming out with a new series about vampires I was definitely interested in starting it.I really enjoyed it!!There are so many stories that are mixed in, with this that you aren't ever really bored.

This was a new take on vampires for me. So much was different from your usual vampire books!It kept the story very interesting for me.

In this book the h
Ren Puspita
A new series by Larissa Ione?

But I still want Demonica/Lords of Deliverance book!

Ok, I will left the cute baby image above, because so many people love it! XD

Anyhoo, I just finish reading Bound by Night, read it while I came home from Jakarta to my home sweet home by plane. Usually, it's rare for me to finish a book in one sitting, let alone just for hours. But I finish this in 5 hours! An evidence that again Larissa Ione doesn't disappoint with her new installment and new take into vampire lor
Sophia Triad
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Riker and Nicole
A strange world where vampires are the good guys and the slaves; and humans are the bad guys and the owners.

Nicole has to overcome her hatred and fear for vampires and especially for Riker, her murdered nanny's mate.
Riker has to overcome his hatred and suspicions for humans and especially Nicole, the owner of the company that is specialised in the creation of vampires slaves.

If Riker had stopped a bit sooner mourning for his dead mate, I would have given 5 stars.

I absolutely love
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Every dentist's nightmare.

Every so often, I'll come across books which strike me as a suitable introduction to a genre. Bound by Night is one of these books. Consider Night a more polished version of an earlier work from this very author, such as the Demonica series, or even a less-cheesy version of the Midnight Breed series.

I was semi surprised that there were no magical spermies present, since this author tends to favor bizarre sexing. In fact, these vampires seemed downright...we
Marulett
A NEW SERIES BY LARISSA IONE!!!!!

That was my first reaction....the book is good enough to get me to read book 2...didn't love like her other books, it's just good enough
Jamie
Welcome to Larissa Ione's latest vampire series! An interesting story of slavery, loyalty, revenge and a hot 'n sexy romance.

Nicole is a human woman and New-found CEO of Daedalus Corp. She inherited the company from her parents who were massacred in a vampire rebellion attack when she was a young girl. Her illegitimate half-brother, Chuck, has been ruining it in her place until she was ready to take the reins. But what she thinks she is getting may be more than she expected.

Daedalus Corp is a sc
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Nov 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lara Adrian fans
3 stars...It's okay.

Eighty years ago, the discovery of vampires led to world—wide panic. The human population viewed them as a lesser and savage species. Out of fear and ignorance, they reacted by enslaving them.

Vampires were a specialty item within Daedalus Corporation’s medical and scientific research teams, along with providing practical services. Nicole Martin recently inherited the position of CEO of Daedalus Corporation. The company’s medical and scientific research teams are devoted to
Somia
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Years ago, the discovery of vampires led to panic and humans repeating the stupidity and cruelty of their forebearers – they positioned vampires as savages/lesser beings, only useful as slaves. I know vampires the slaves of humans, humans who are weaker than them! For me this was too fanciful – I know I’m saying this as I refer to vampires, but come on, prior to humans having the technology to kill them quickly etc. how on earth would they enslave them? My issue is that the answer to this questi ...more
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
.3.5 stars

She was a human among vampires, but she felt far less alone than she had as a human among humans.

I have been a HUGE Larissa Ione fan ever since I read the very first Demonica book, Pleasure Unbound. With her unique and rich world building, amazing characters, and incredibly steamy love scenes, she has quickly become one of my favorite PNR authors.

Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾

So when I saw that she plans on coming out with a new series, I didn't even think before adding it to my auto-buy list. Now that I've read
D.B. Reynolds
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a good book. Is it as good as her Demonica series? No, but then that's a very high bar indeed. I had some trouble at first, because in this series, vampires are hunted, defanged, gelded, enslaved, experimented on. Anyone who reads my books knows who and what my vampires are, so this was deeply disturbing to me on a psychological and emotional level. More than that, though, I had some trouble warming to the lead characters Nicole and Riker, especially as a couple. But soon enough I was en ...more
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
My first book by Larissa Ione and I have to say, I like her writing style. It was sexy and interesting with a good amount of action. However, I have some major issues with this book that dropped my rating way down.

Most of my criticisms stem from the world that Larissa Ione created. Her vampires are basically superior to humans in every way. They can go out in sunlight, see perfectly in the dark, heal rapidly, can eat food and drink blood, live longer, have super-human speed, can sense other's em
Sh3lly

This was my first Larissa Ione book. I think she's most famous for the Demonica series? Bound by Night is a vampire paranormal romance in the same vein (hehe no pun intended) as J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood books. But this one is a sort of alternate history/reality where humans have figured out the technology to enslave vampires.

There are different types of vampires:

1) The ones who have been captured and "domesticated" by humans and are considered servants (or slaves)
2) The ones who ha
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
I love Paranormal because it gives us amazing love stories mixed with magic and awesome powers along with beautiful worlds. I also have always loved how loyal the heroes are. Well this book broke that rule. This hero waited till over 80% to even admit he cared about the heroine as more than a sexual nature. I was really enjoying the first 40% thinking he'd start gradually warming up and wake up too. But he cruelly pushes her away to go betray their budding feelings with another woman.. which no ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I'm a great fan of this author's work - loved her Demonica Series, so I was rather intrigued when I discovered this book....a vampire series.....and more, I just loved the book cover!!

There are zillions of vampire books out there but what interested me was the different take on these rather fascinating "creatures" we can't seem to get enough of.

A world where humans rule supreme and use vampires as slaves and for experiments. Wow....and what a terrible world it is for the vampires. Chained, abuse
AJ
I am a mad fan of Larissa Ione’s Demonica and Lords of Deliverance series, so when I discovered she was writing a series about vampires I was ridiculously excited. And she did not disappoint. Not linked to her previous books, this is a standalone series that has the same, unique ‘Larissa Ione’ feel to it, but with less ‘in your face’ action and more emotion. And I absolutely loved it!

Bound by Night gives us a unique twist on the vampire story, with vampires enslaved to humans and, with the excep
Aly is so frigging bored
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dystopian and PNR lovers
Main characters:
Riker
Nicole Martin

Why I added the book: Larissa Ione. Dooh.

What I Liked: Where do I start? The first scene of the book is a horrific one and it has you thinking? Do I really want to read on about these crazy vamps who murdered everyone and hurt children? But you’re so caught up in the action and want to know what happens to Nicole and her family and the escaped vamps that you just can’t put the book down! After that scene fast forward 20 years or so and you see Nicole grown
Saly
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rated 4.5 stars, heck even 5 stars!
AMAZE-BALLS! I loved this book. Larissa Ione writes kick-ass PNR and has great world building!
The first book of a series always has growing pains, you need to introduce the world, its rules, the characters for the book and for the future books but keeping all this in mind, the start of Larissa Ione's new book based in the Vampire world blew me away.

The premise was pretty interesting, a world where Vampires are the hunted and human beings enslaving them and the
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Ione’s writing style has stayed largely the same with the familiar sarcastic quips and witty dialogue. The secondary characters provide a wonderful support to the main characters with several stepping up as possible leads in the next book of the series. I’m interested to see where Ione takes these characters next.

Read this review in its entirety at Fresh Fiction
Lady Allison
Mar 19, 2013 marked it as to-read
SO. EXCITED!

Eni
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, pnr, series
This was not the best Larisa Ione's book,but still I really liked it.
I'm very excited to start reading the second book.
Jo
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it

In this world, vampires are very real. So real, that once they were discovered,they were seen as a treat. So the step was to make them slaves and exploit them. Making experiments, dissect them...they're seen as beast,even lower than animals.

Nicole Martin in the CEO, of the company that made breakthroughs in their experiments with vampires and the way, they "train" them to be slaves. The company is still the main enslaver of vampires.

When she was 8 year's old, she survived a brutal attack, when v
Amanda
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Finally a vamp story that give us something different from the other PNR I've read. I always thought that vamp stories had been beyond exhausted. Here we have vampires as human slaves, hunted by evil humans and treated like lab rats. How much worst can it be? Larissa Ione build a world whereby humans are evil and vampires are victims to the human's greed of power and wealth.

Nicole Martin is a research scientist and the heir of Daedalus corporation (sounds familiar? Think, Daemon Black!) an
Julia's Book Haven
This is probably one the BEST vampire books I've read in a long time. The story is completely new and that is so refreshing since a lot of vampire books seem so similar. This book was amazing, and I beyond loved it. Any one who enjoys paranormal romances needs to read this book right now!!! I eagerly wait for the next book!
Charlie
I loved this PNR. It was a really fast read and I'll definitely read book 2. Larissa Ione makes very sexy vampires!
Lucy Qhuay
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Larissa Ione fans, of course (also lovers of books by J.R.Ward and Gena Showalter)

Holy shit! This was such a fantastic roller coaster ride!

I love Larissa Ione! Really, she is definitely in my top 3 best paranormal romance writers.

Wow! She has such a talent for romance, comedy and drama, that my mind is blown away all the time.

Bound By Night wasn't different. I loved everything, from the writing, to the plot and the characters.

The society Ione created was just fascinating.

In this world, the humans are fully aware of the existence of vampires and, not only that, but they also e
Naoms
Originally Posted at my link text">Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

Larissa Ione is without a doubt one of the most talented paranormal romance writers with the most unique ideas and interesting characters. But, here’s the thing about BOUND BY NIGHT, I didn’t buy it. I didn’t buy character motivations, I didn’t buy the plot twists and I most definitely did not buy the love story.

For some reason I am surrounded by stories of slavery and forced servitude. I saw “12 Years A Slave” twice, I’m
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Vampire slaves and humans using vampires as experimental rats? What is going on? In this new series by Ms. Ione, humans are vile filthy monsters. What they do to vampires is inhumane. I don't understand the gelding of male vampires. What is the purpose of this? Nicole loosing her parents to a vampire uprising is justice in my book. Kill them all. Nicole Martin is the CEO of Daedalus. They are the largest company with providing vampires and medicine based on vampire experimentation.

The world Ms.

• Blood Red Kiss (Immortals After Dark, #1; MoonBound Clan Vampires, #2.5; Otherworld Assassin, #2.5)
  • Enslave Me Sweetly (Alien Huntress, #2)
  • Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1)
  • Savor Me Slowly (Alien Huntress, #3)
  • Ecstasy (Shadowdwellers, #1)
  • Raziel (The Fallen, #1)
  • Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows, #1)
  • Dragon on Top (Dragon Kin, #0.4)
  • Playing with Fire (Tales of an Extraordinary Girl, #1)
  • Last Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassin, #1)
  • Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1)
  • Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress, #6)
  • Sweet Ruin (Immortals After Dark, #15)
  • Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11)
  • Darkest Flame (Dark Kings, #1)
  • Ecstasy in Darkness (Alien Huntress, #5)
  • Heart of Gold (Firecats, #1)
  • Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1)
Air Force veteran Larissa Ione traded in a career in meteorology to pursue her passion of writing. She has since published dozens of books, hit several bestseller lists, including the New York Times and USA Today, and has been nominated for a RITA award. She now spends her days in pajamas with her computer, strong coffee, and supernatural worlds. She believes in celebrating everything, and would n ...more

MoonBound Clan Vampires (2 books)
  • Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2)

News & Interviews

“Nicole had no right to be jealous.Hell,she didn´t even have a reason.They might have some sort of physical chemistry thing going on,but there wasn´t anything emotional.Nothing.She didn´t even like Riker.Liar."There´s nothing to finish,"she said.
"Nothing to finish?You wondered why sex with a vampire was such a big deal.I´m going to show you."Riker moved toward her,slowly,like a cat sneaking up on a bird."Stamina."He stepped closer."Multiple orgasms."Closer,and her mouth went dry."Flexibility."Closer.Her skin flushed hot."Strenght."Closer.Her stomach did a flip-flop."The ability to sense heat so we know what parts of the body are the most sensitive at the right time."Closer.A throbbing ache started low in her pelvis."The ability to hear the slightest change in the tempo of your pulse so we know exactly how every stroke,kiss,and lick effects you."
Oh.Dear.lord.”
10 likes
“Yes", she said her voice dripping with sarcasm. "That's exactly what I'm saying, in fact let's try sex again." She leaped to her feet and torn open her jeans. "Maybe my magic vagina will cure you of all the traumatic acts my family has inflected on you.” 6 likes