Start by marking “Love Him or Leave Him, But Don't Get Stuck With the Tab: Hilarious Advice for Real Women” as Want to Read:

Women who loved Steve Harvey’s mega-bestseller Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, will want to read this wise, funny relationship advice book from no-nonsense actress and comedienne Loni Love, who says that putting yourself first is the path toward lasting love.

That’s the message of this fresh and funny relationship book by beloved actress-comedian Loni Love. Full of dow
Published July 30th 2013 by Simon & Schuster (first published July 1st 2013)

Be the first to ask a question about Love Him or Leave Him, But Don't Get Stuck With the Tab

Naomi
Apr 14, 2013 Naomi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read my full review: http://bit.ly/129iMX7

My opinion: Being a fan of the "Chelsea Handler" group, I recently had the opportunity to review Josh Wolf's new book, It Takes Balls. Both of these books have garnered VERY rare 5 star reviews from me, but for VERY different reasons.

I have to be honest, I don't feel that the book jacket description for this book serves it justice. I found Ms. Love's book to be incredibly insightful with advice that woman are starving for in today's world of our young w
Traci
Jul 30, 2013 Traci rated it really liked it
This was a First Reads win from Goodreads, one of the handful I've won (think I'm up to five titles now over, um, maybe as many years?) I'm a bit behind on getting in my review of it, but I figure, better late than never.

I love Loni Love. I've seen her on several of the I Love the 80s/90s/00s shows on VH1, plus I think I've caught her on a few other shows of that ilk. Of course, you never get all of her on those shows, as she's not allowed to swear. Her book? It's her rules, so the potty mouth
Michelle
Aug 13, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
With the vast amount of motivational/self titles on the market, readers will not want to miss: "Love Him or Leave Him, But Don't Get Stuck With the Tab" authored by the great funny lady Loni Love (LL). Miss Love shares the gift of her wisdom, valuable insight and advice, guaranteed to make readers laugh out loud!

Miss Love was crowned "Little Miss Detroit" in 1972, and has since then been inspired towards entertainment/comedy when she realized she could make people laugh. After she lost her best
Leslie
Jul 04, 2014 Leslie rated it did not like it
Carolina Arriaga
Sep 24, 2013 Carolina Arriaga rated it liked it
Loni is hilarious... Would have liked the advice in a narrational form instead of the epistolar way, I think that would have highlighted her personality in a different way. 100% contemporary female self-help reading...
Alyssa
Aug 09, 2013 Alyssa rated it did not like it
Not nearly as funny as Loni Love could be! Quick read though.
Boynebula
Oct 23, 2013 Boynebula rated it it was ok
It was nothing like what I was expecting. I love Loni Love, but this book was kind of lackluster. I couldn't even finish.
Vanessa
May 17, 2014 Vanessa rated it liked it
I LOVE Loni, but I didn't like the format of the book which made it hard to finish. The advice is hilarious, I just don't like the set up of it.
Katelyn
Jan 29, 2014 Katelyn rated it really liked it
Love Him or Leave Him (But Don't Get Stuck with the Tab) is written by the sassy African-American friend we've all been waiting for, Loni Love. I first saw her as a guest DJ on one of my many Ellen DeGeneres show binges (wanna see my favorite clip? Click here!)I basically have that clip memorized, as her humor is so blunt and direct. She reminds me so much of one of my all-time role models, Lucille Ball, but much more modern and sassy.

I've read quite a few memoirs of famous comedians (Tina Fey,
AJ LeBlanc
Dec 28, 2013 AJ LeBlanc rated it liked it
Shelves: memoirs, cbr-v, humor
This was a really nice way to end 2013.

I discovered Loni Love on Chelsea Lately. I loved how she doesn’t put up with any of Chelsea’s shit and her stories always make me laugh. She seems like a hot mess, and yet she totally has it together. She always comes across as super confident and you can tell that she has too many important things to do than deal with stupid people. She’s the friend you’d go to when you want to know the truth, not get complimented.

Apparently women approach her all the tim
Bert Edens
From my book review blog at:

Simon & Schuster was kind enough to provide, through NetGalley, a copy of this eGalley for the purposes of reading and reviewing it. Although it was provided at no cost to me, I am under no obligation to give a positive review.

A relationship and sex advice book for women? Somehow, I might not be the target audience for this book. :) But at the same time, it is always nice to see what advice is being given to the fairer sex.

T
Kimberly Hicks
Aug 01, 2013 Kimberly Hicks rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Kimberly by: Amazon
Shelves: read-on-kindle
Two snaps up for this comedic book and great advice from one of America's top female comedians, Loni Love. This woman is a complete fool, and I mean that in the most kindest regards. Loni is absolutely brilliant in her book and what she advises women is definitely golden.

I laughed so hard at the questions women asked her that I couldn't just read without stopping--I had to bookmark my Kindle page, while engaging in bust-your-gut-type of laughter. OMG, I was in tears this book was so damn funny,
Emily
Aug 01, 2013 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I know the world is a messed up place but damn if you ever had doubts about trust....

Who knew that the reason the 52% divorce rate in the U.S. is because 52% of people in relationships are cheaters! In this book Loni gives her fans advice on a wide spectrum on relationship issues. A surprising amount (or what felt like half of them) were people fessing up to cheating on their significant other, or how someone witnesses their friend's other half cheating.

This book was pretty much a compilation o
Monica Williams
Sep 19, 2013 Monica Williams rated it it was amazing
Loni Love tells it like it is. I mostly know of her from her appearances on Chelsea Lately and various VHI shows. She has great presence and is one funny lady! With her trademark blend of humor and good solid common sense advice she helps women deal with their real romantic issues. Much of her advice comes from things her own mother, "Momma Love" taught her. Her advice is based on the fact that women need to put themselves first and then their relationships. The title pretty much sums up her who ...more
Missy Michaels
Mar 09, 2015 Missy Michaels rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this relationship book. It's definitely tongue in cheek but she keeps her advice real. She uses a Dear Loni, advice column type format throughout the book. I really liked that and I enjoyed reading her responses. All of her topics came accompanied with lists. I enjoyed those lists, they were my favorite part of reading her book. The book is humorous of course but it never really made me laugh out loud. One thing I really respected about the advice that she doled out on the pages is tha ...more
Ash
Sep 13, 2013 Ash rated it liked it
I admit it: I had no idea who Loni Love was before I saw her on The Talk. After that, I kind of loved her so when she promoted her book: Love Him or Leave Him, I immediately asked my local library for it.

Love Him or Leave Him reminds me of He's Just Not That into You. It's honest and unflinching, not to mention, funny. It has her signature sort of sarcastic humour and her everlasting love of bacon. I enjoyed it because underneath that bacon love is honest and practical advice about love and insi
Nicole Falls
Aug 11, 2013 Nicole Falls rated it really liked it
I laughed my way through this book in just a few short hours. Filled to the brim with no nonsense advice about dating and love, Love tells it like it is. Written in a style that combines a straight narrative with an old school advice column, Love covers every aspect of relationships from courtship to marriage. My favorite bits were when she incorporated a real life example to illustrate points that she made. Whether or not these examples were actually true were not relevant to me. Highly recomme ...more
Ursula Shelton
Feb 02, 2016 Ursula Shelton rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of Loni Love from the show The Real, who knew that she had skills giving advice or writing a really helpful book. I am giving this book a four; Ms. Love gives great advice to those of us who need it. However, it is not just advice, but it's funny and extremely practical. The book is a charmer and the cover is so beautiful with Loni dressed in red. I would certainly recommend this book to family members and friends, there is even a broader audience for those who like the show - The ...more
Yanira
Oct 28, 2013 Yanira rated it liked it
I love love Loni Love. I think she's super fun, and smart. I always knew she was an engineer before turning to comedy, but you read more about that in the book. I think my biggest problem with the book is that it is an advice book that really does not give much advice. The answers do not fit the questions. However, she is a comedian. Her job is to make you laugh, and that she does. However, some of her advice is straight-on. For example, if a man does not appreciate your hard-earned money enough ...more
Kelly Tillman
Jan 14, 2014 Kelly Tillman rated it really liked it
Funny. Loni Love had me in laughing out loud. Yet her advice is serious and makes a lot of sense (if you want to be choked, date a wrestler; at least he'll know when to stop). The true is women, including myself. will do, tolerate and ignore the red flags for love. Loni gets down to business and reminds us that we should come first in a relationship or we will get stuck with the tab. Her advice is funny and useful. And of course, it's helpful to have cousins who can make your date's life misery ...more
Pat
Sep 12, 2013 Pat rated it really liked it
Shelves: tv, sex
Unlike some of her comic contemporaries, Loni Love manages to perfectly translate her sense of humor to the page. That's helped here by the advice format of the book, in which she is answering questions about love and relationships. Though the advice predictably skews heteronormative, you could apply it and her common sense principles to most types of relationships. The listicles were a fun way to break things up, and advice is arranged by topic if you are looking for something in particular.
Tania
Dec 31, 2013 Tania rated it it was amazing
This book is so hilarious. Love Him or Leave Him will make you realize that you do deserve better and love. I really enjoyed this book. I would recommend it for any woman looking for a good laugh, some advice, and experiences from different women that can make you realize what needs to be done with the man of your life or about to step in a serious relationship with him before anything can happen.
Debbie Krenzer
I received this book free from Net Galley in exchange for a review.

I absolutely love Loni Love and her new book held my expectations. While the version I received was an unedited version and had a lot of mistakes, I was able to stumble through. The gist I got was a hilarious romp through the trials and tribulations of Loni Love's life.

I laughed out loud several times and would highly recommend this book!!
Jessica Wildermuth
Sep 03, 2013 Jessica Wildermuth rated it liked it
I received this book as part of the Goodreads giveaway. I gave this book three stars because I thought some of the information was a "no brainer". However, it may be more useful for younger women. The book was well written which made for a quick read. I did find myself laughing throughout the book and there is some valuable advice that all women should hear and think about before entering into a relationship.
Helen
Oct 28, 2013 Helen rated it really liked it
Shelves: women, humor
This is a funny book by comedian Loni Love, who offers down-to-earth advice mixed with funny stories of her own love life. It's mostly in the advice column Q and A format plus one-page collections of one liners on different topics. Sample comeback for "why aren't you married yet?" : "I'm too much woman for just one man."

Her basic philosophy is that women need to love themselves and not waste their awesomeness on loser guys.
✴
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Hilarious book with some really great relationship advice. Only took me a couple of days to finish! Loni tells it like it is. As must buy if your a fan on her comedy, looking for advice on your love life, or just want to laugh! Most importantly this book empowers women to feel good about themselves!
Mira Domsky
Dec 09, 2014 Mira Domsky rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, comedy
Fun love advice book. I admit I only skimmed through it, though, mostly reading the lists and skipping a lot of the questions and answers. Some useful ideas in there, but mostly, it was just funny. The basic premise is a reminder that women shouldn't stand for being treated in ways they don't like, because they deserve better, and it's out there if they just keep looking.
Kaitlyn
Dec 27, 2013 Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
I bought this book when I went to see her live in Albany. Her book is good to read if you just want to laugh. Each chapter tackles a different area associated with dating and Loni provides her insightful and usually hysterical advice in response to 'readers' who have sent in questions. After reading this book, I personally want to meet Momma Love.
Keshia Burchette
Nov 01, 2016 Keshia Burchette rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure where I picked this book up but as I'm cleaning off my shelves trying to read some and thin out my collection I decided to give it a try. I would have read it much faster had I not been so busy because it was a super quick, entertaining read. The advice was hilarious and very straightforward.
Kristin
Just from flipping through it at the library and reading the lists I can tell it is definitely funny.

***
A quick read, finished it in a couple of days. Laughter is the best medicine and this book is pretty hilarious. More humor than real advice, but then again, aren't things usually funny because they are based in truth?
  • It Takes Balls: Dating Single Moms and Other Confessions from an Unprepared Single Dad
  • My Inappropriate Life: Some Material Not Suitable for Small Children, Nuns, or Mature Adults
  • Let's Talk About Pep
  • Conversations with God
  • Double Victory: How African American Women Broke Race and Gender Barriers to Help Win World War II
  • Unbreak My Heart
  • Never Make the Same Mistake Twice: Lessons on Love and Life Learned the Hard Way
  • Her Life Is Showing
  • Bouncing Back: I've Survived Everything... and I Mean Everything...and You Can Too!
  • An Angry-Ass Black Woman
  • It's Just The Beginning: break up, get up & walk away
  • The Dead Wrestler Elegies
  • Change Your Mind, Heal Your Body: When Modern Medicine Has No Cure The Answer Lies Within. My True Story of Self- Healing
  • Dynomite!: Good Times, Bad Times, Our Times--A Memoir