Start by marking “The Reluctant Bachelorette” as Want to Read:
The Reluctant Bachelorette

The Reluctant Bachelorette

Unknowingly cast as the bachelorette for her town’s charity event, Taycee Emerson wants out. Especially when she discovers her old teenage crush, Luke Carney, is one of the bachelors and it's up to the viewers--not her--to decide which bachelors stay or go. Coerced into participating, Taycee does what any self-preserving girl would do. She launches a subtle attack on Luke’ ...more
Published September 5th 2012 by HEA Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Reluctant Bachelorette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reluctant Bachelorette

Specials by Scott WesterfeldUntamed by P.C. CastIncarnate by Jodi MeadowsCaptivate by Carrie JonesBloodlines by Lindsay Anne Kendal
Cool make-up/ tattoos
183 books — 49 voters
Plainsong by Kent HarufThe Shining by Stephen KingCentennial by James A. MichenerFather and I Were Ranchers by Ralph MoodyThe Tie That Binds by Kent Haruf
Colorado
299 books — 108 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Reluctant Bachelorette
Kathy
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
I LOVED THIS ONE!! Rachael's best yet! Clean romance just how I love it! Add this one to your to-read shelf now!!
Made me smile and laugh. Never gone wrong by picking up a book by Rachael Anderson!

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I decided to read this one again since I was in the mood for a fun chick lit type book and Rachael's books never disappoint. This is still one of my favorites, the whole reality-dating trope is just a fun one for me, add in a bit of the "lost love" angle and this is a winner.

Taycee and Luke grew up together, then he up and moved and never looked back. Even though she was young, she never got over Luke and is stunned when he moved back to town. Taycee doesn't do well with change and has stayed in
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Honest to goodness, Rachael Anderson is one of my favorite clean romantic writers and this book is my favorite. It just made me feel, well, happy. Happy, happy, happy. Like sunshine and lollipops. Well, maybe not lollipops, more like sunshine and chocolate.

It's no secret that this book falls into my favorite genre. What I love about this book is that it is witty and fun. It's easy to read and just feels real. You know? I love the dynamics between Taycee and Luke. Chemistry. Yum.

Okay, so I want
Kathy Jo
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: laugh-out-loud
Love... love... LOVE The Reluctant Bachelorette! It's the second book by Rachael Anderson that I have read and I can tell you she is definitely becoming one of my favorite authors! It's so easy to forget about life with all it's stress and just get lost in her books.

I absolutely loved Taycee and was right there with her feeling ALL the emotions that she was feeling. I laughed out loud (literally)... got frustrated and wanted to throw something across the room... got sad and thought "Ugh! This
Jacob Proffitt
This was an okay read. The setup was tough to swallow, and a couple of times I nearly stopped reading altogether, but I ended up enjoying it enough that I'm not disappointed that I picked it up.

Taycee Lynne has supposedly had a crush on a boy who left town ten years ago--when she was fourteen. And that's all it was, really, a crush. The friend of her older brother, they hung out and did stuff, but all with the brother along and never as an actual couple (or romantic in any way). And then he left
Deborah
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I LOVE a good romantic comedy. Kath, this book did not disappoint. You have to know it's good when you have a very handsome hubby sitting by you on the couch(who you are completly ignoring) and this same hubby keeps asking "What are you laughing at?"

I really enjoyed Taycee. I wasn't sure about Luke during certain parts, but ended up falling for him too! I think Jessa needed to take some best friend lessons, but also realize that Taycee allowed that dynamic to happen over and over. The
Kathryn Cooper
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on Clean Adult Fiction

Wow I loved this book!! It was the cutest sweetest romance!!! If a clean romance is something you're interested in then this is the book for you.

Let's start with the unique story line of the romance. Taycee (I love that name by the way) was twenty-four and an owner of a florist shop in the small Colorado town she grew up in. Luke was her older brothers best friend and her friend too. He left for college when she was 14, and she never seemed to get over her huge
M R
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love, love, loved this book! The moment I picked it up I couldn't put it down until every word had been devoured. The characters are well developed and multifaceted. They make you laugh, cry and sigh with them! A must read for all lovers of fun, clean romances, like me. :)

When Taycee's best friend makes her the bachelorette for a charity reality show, she is less than pleased. By a cruel twist of fate, the man who broke her heart ten years earlier, Luke Carney, just happens to be one of the
Valerie Waters
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lendable-ebooks
I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK!!!! It was cheesy and romantic and so dang awesome!!! Kathy and deb I'm so glad we are friends :)
Ain
Sep 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guess the book is pretty okay for a fan of fluffy, light, chick-lit books~
Inge

I’ve never had much luck with Amazon freebies. I think I’ve DNFed every single one of them so far. Until I stumbled upon The Reluctant Bachelorette. I was already intrigued by the premise, because I used to watch The Bachelor. Don’t judge me – you know you did, too. It’s really bad, just like your average reality show, in the sense that it is clichéd and cheesy, but I kept watching anyway because I was interested in a morbid way and I wanted to know what happened.

The Reluctant
Lexie
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Loved, loved, LOVED this book! It is cute, clean romance at its best and is definitely my new favorite of Rachael's!

As I've mentioned many (MANY) times on this blog, I am a huge fan of reality dating shows and books. However, even though The Reluctant Bachelorette is based around a reality dating show, it seemed to take a backseat to the relationship developing between Luke and Taycee.

There was such a flirtatious and playful nature to their relationship. Their bantering, pranks, and fun dates
Cheri
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
What a fun read!! I loved it!! I couldn't put it down!! Taycee is from a small Colorado town and loves living there. Several farmers are about to lose their farms and Taycee's friend Jessa has a plan to save them. Jessa comes up with the idea to do a bachelorette show and she has the perfect idea for the bachelorette, only the person she has picked doesn't want to do the show. A laugh out loud story, another favorite by Rachael Renee Anderson!
Braden Bell
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To be honest, I am not a huge fan of romances. I don't hate them--just not my thing. But I had a chance to read The Reluctant Bachelorette and was drawn in by the characters and the plot--and if you like romances, so much the better! The dialogue is crisp and real, and the emotions the characters felt--and sparked in me--were very real. This is a fun read that drew me in and also made me think. I really recommend this book.
✨ Gramy ✨

This book entertains the reader with humor, deception, and romance.

If you want a fun, clean, and wholesome contemporary romance, this is a good choice.
OhWell
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Fluff, with some funny moments here and there. The ending was sweet.
Laurie Carlson
This book is amazing! The story is so GREAT! This author can WRITE! I absolutely LOVED this book! This book came highly suggested by Kathy at I Am A Reader, Not A Writer, and knowing Kathy and having read some of her suggestions in the past, I HAD to get in on this Book Tour to get to read this book! She was NOT wrong again! Thanks, Kathy!
This book grabbed my interest on the very first page! This author has a way with words where she just pulls you right into the story immediately. I've found
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
4.5 Stars!
First, let me start by telling you that I have a special affection for this book because I won Rachel's "name the town" contest! She held a contest on her blog. And my town - Shelter Springs got the most votes! It is soo cool reading a book that has a town that I named! AND... the book was good!

I loved the characters in this book! I just loved Taycee, she was so adorable, a little spitfire, but adorable. I liked Luke but I wasn't all gaga for him. Guess I just like a different kind of
Brenda
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So unbelievably cute! This was by far my favorite of Rachael's books to date. An absolutely delightful romp into the world of reality TV. Taycee Emerson just wants to be left alone. To wallow. And nurse her broken heart. The object of her desire/disgust? Luke Carney. Luke is the perfect oblivious boy. His best friend's little sister followed him and his friend around constantly and was there in all his boyhood memories- as the pig tailed little sister he never had himself. He can't help it if he ...more
Katie W
I absolutely LOVED this story!!! Taycee unknowingly is entered into a small town's internet version of The Bachelorette, which is being done to raise money to save the small-town farmers. She hasn't been able to get over Luke and when he returns after 10 years, Taycee isn't sure how she feels about him anymore.

I've said it before and I'll say it again--I have no idea why I have this fascination with Bachelor-type books, but I do and this one was great, clean fun!!! I loved getting to know some
Kristen
2/20/14 - Just as good the second time around...

9/27/12 - Oh my word, that was such a cute story. I loved Taycee! She was so sweet & funny. Rachael Renee Adnerson is such a gifted writer. She had me pulled into the story from page one. Smiling and laughing and enjoying every minute of it.

Loved it!

Moral Note: Super duper clean. yeah!
Gayle
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2012
Loved this new sweet, clean romance from Rachael Anderson (I've loved all her books)! I've read several Bachelor/Bachelorette type stories recently and I thought this had a great unique take on the whole thing -- and not what I expected either!
Karey White
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Fun and entertaining clean romance. Likable characters and interesting storyline. I love Rachael Anderson's writing and can't wait for her next book. I've told my daughters they can't read it until they have a couple of days off of school--otherwise their homework will suffer.
Julie
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite of Rachael's books. It was so much fun to read and a perfect "escape" novel for a frazzled mom of 4.
Alicia
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I usually like bachelor type books, but I really had a hard time getting in to this one. Right off the bat i had a hard time connecting with the main characters. They were kind of immature. And then the bachelorette thing went from bad to worse. Finally after forcing myself to keep reading it a few times I just skimmed very lightly through to the end. And what I skimmed through made me glad I didn't force myself to read anymore.

While I didn't enjoy this book, it was clean and the writing was
Vikki Vaught
I struggled with the premise for this book. I just couldn’t wrap my mind around the fact that a fourteen year old girl could be so devastated by an unrequited love that she kept a wall between herself and anyone she dated for such a long time. I didn’t care for Tacey at all. This just wasn’t my cup of tea. The narrator was good so I would listen to her again. Happy reading/listening!
Ezmirelda
The Bachelor meets Shelter Springs, Colorado….

Taycee’s hometown, Shelter Springs, is going way downhill due to financial issues. Its residents can not afford to stay around because the farming business has not been good. The solution? Taycee’s best friend creates Shelter’s Bachelorette. It is reality TV Show’s The Bachelor meets American Idol. Voters can choose which bachelor will stay and move onto the next round. If the show is successful their town will be saved and the farming families will
April
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

What a sweet funny romance!! I love the whole thing from beginning to end, It takes something that is very now, Reality dating shows, and put it into a small town setting. The story also held many elements that are very current concerning small farming communities. While it is hard to expect problem solving from a romance, this book takes on issues and gives workable solutions.

I loved Taycee from the start, even if her views of things were
Kristy Mills
I read this because of reviews I found on here. A couple of friends read it and raved about it. But honestly I was a little disappointed it. Maybe it was because the reviews I read raised my expectations, but I was frustrated with a lot of parts of this book.

The main one being Jessa. That girl drove me nuts. She was a horrible friend. Volunteering her best friend to be on a bachelorette show without asking her? Yeah right. I would have been so angry.

Another thing that sort of annoyed me was that
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book. I read it every free chance I had and I was glued to my Nook for the last 100 pages. I couldn't wait to see how this story ended and I wasn't disappointed. The end left me with a smile and a giddy feeling. I love books that do that!

This was a cute concept. I would have killed my so-called best friend for doing this to me but Taycee was a much better sport. She is your typical small-town girl who is resistant to change. Even though her parents and her

• Secrets and Suitors
  • A Convenient Engagement  (Brides of Brighton #1)
  • His Unexpected Heiress (Entangled Inheritance #2)
  • An Unwelcome Suitor (Entangled Inheritance #4)
  • The Social Tutor (Branches of Love #1)
  • Saving Miss Everly (Inglewood, #3)
  • Goodwill for the Gentleman (Belles of Christmas, #2)
  • Courting the Vicar's Daughter  (Branches of Love, #6)
  • The Earl's Mistletoe Match (Belles of Christmas, #3)
  • Unmasking Lady Caroline (Belles of Christmas, #1)
  • A Provision for Love (Entangled Inheritance #1)
  • Wyndcross (Families of Dorset, #1)
  • Romancing Lord Ramsbury  (Brides of Brighton #3)
  • The Captain and Miss Winter (Forever After Retellings #2)
  • The Gentleman Physician (Branches of Love #2)
  • The Fairest Heart (Once Upon a Regency #1)
  • Discovering Grace (Inglewood, #2)
  • Nine Ladies Dancing (Belles of Christmas, #4)
A USA Today bestselling author of clean romance, Rachael Anderson is the mother of four and is pretty good at breaking up fights, or at least sending guilty parties to their rooms. She can't sing, doesn't dance, and despises tragedies. But she recently figured out how yeast works and can now make homemade bread, which she is really good at eating.
“Instead of embracing change and seeing how far it could help me fly, I let fear keep me grounded.” 1 likes
“Because that was how life worked. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And when you lose, you have to get over it and move on.” 1 likes