Start by marking “The Expectant Dad's Handbook: All you need to know about pregnancy, birth and beyond” as Want to Read:

Becoming a dad can be a daunting time – especially when most pregnancy and parenting information is targeted towards women. This exciting new book, from a leading expert in working with expectant dads, doesn’t sideline or speak down to men. Instead it provides an array of targeted information to fully prepare men for their new roles – as both birth partners and fathers.

The
Published May 16th 2013 by Vermilion

To ask other readers questions about The Expectant Dad's Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Expectant Dad's Handbook

Start your review of The Expectant Dad's Handbook: All you need to know about pregnancy, birth and beyond
Stephen Rice
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommended. I learned a lot and it meant I was more able to be useful and supportive.
Jesus
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: libros-en-casa
I got this book when I was expecting my baby because I thought all the pregnant books were very traditional-mother focused and all the others 'you're gonna be a dad books' seemed laddish at best. This book is OK in the non-laddish sense, but it still feels patronising both towards the reader and towards the mother. Some of the advice given is OK but most of it is repetitive and you can probably find it in another book for mothers, anyway. The book could be shortened to 20 pages, in that respect. ...more
Jack
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
The good: Useful. Easy to read. Clear messages. Not patronising.

The bad: Sometimes the book mentions an important topic, but then just says 'look it up in another book' or 'do research online' - or the author could just take a couple of pages to tell me?

I thought the bit about the process of going into labour, and steps involved and what happens, was confusing. To me, it made it seem unnecessarily complicated.
Blair
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good tips

First baby book I’ve read and was surprised how much I actually knew! Having said that, the book has great little tips for new dads and is quite an easy read, explaining in simplistic terms the majority of things you need to know.
Wayne Farmer
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
A useful little book for new dads to be.
Chris
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A practical, straightforward and informative guide to pregnancy and parenting for dads and dads-to-be, with useful resources and helpful tips.
Ian Todd
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very informative

A good read, and lots of very helpful information. Very easy to jump in and out of different chapters as required.
Leonard Chia
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great guide to being fathers. Easy to read and covers many aspects from a male standpoint.
Rob Fearnley
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was dead set against reading any books in the run up to becoming a Dad, mostly because a lot of pregnancy and childcare literature seems to be based on opinion rather than fact. My partner bought me this book though and in all honesty it's been a huge help. A real emphasis is put on deciding what's right for your family which means it's a lot easier to read and soak up. If you're looking for tips and ideas when you're about to become a Dad then you could do a lot worse than having a look at ...more
Mark Chettle

• The Expectant Dad's Survival Guide: Everything You Need to Know
  • Be Prepared: A Practical Handbook for New Dads
  • Two Brothers
  • On Sparta
  • Assassin's Creed: Underworld (Assassin's Creed, #8)
  • Tell Me No Lies: Investigative Journalism and its Triumphs
  • The Infernal City (The Elder Scrolls #1)
  • Lord of Souls (The Elder Scrolls, #2)
  • Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe (Deadpool Killogy, #1)
  • The Fall of Gondolin (Middle-Earth Universe)
  • The Blood of Rome (Eagle #17)
  • The Massacre of Mankind
  • How to Grow a Baby and Push It Out: A guide to pregnancy and birth straight from the midwife's mouth
  • What to Expect When You're Expecting
  • Shadow Wave (Cherub, #12)
  • Football - Bloody Hell!: The Biography of Alex Ferguson