Start by marking “Riptide (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #3)” as Want to Read:
Riptide (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #3)

Riptide

(The Secret Life of Trystan Scott #3)

A random hook-up isn't enough for Trystan, not anymore.

After everything Trystan went through to tell Mari that he loves her, there is no way that he's letting her walk away without knowing how he really feels. Every mask is stripped away making Trystan completely vulnerable. Mari's the one girl he wants, that he knew he'd never have. But, the look on Mari's face--the way
Published November 10th 2012 by Laree Bailey Press

To ask other readers questions about Riptide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riptide

B at Spare Time Book Blog
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
See more reviews at my blog! http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/

This series has not let me down yet. Riptide continues right where Backdraft left off. Mari was staring down Trystan as she walked in on him singing! I know I can't believe it ended like that either! Anyway, things seem to heat up from there. I loved the way Mari grew during Riptide. She was more confident around Trystan and didn't take any crap from Brie. You will have to read to see how that one turned out. It was interesting t
Novel
Sara
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook, novella, young-adult
This is the third book in the series and it was not long enough! Ms. Ward left the biggest cliffhanger ever, and had me screaming No after finishing. This story is about Trystan and Mari who are finally together. This is just a short story about them falling in love, and trials in both their family lives. I cannot wait for the next book, which hopefully is out soon.
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
Similar to the previous two novels this was quick to read and it got more intense than the prior novellas. Mari and Trystan (view spoiler) after so much back and forth.

*Spoilers Below*

Poor Trystan...I can’t believe his dad would lock him in a dark room overnight and then leave! We get a lot of insight into his family situation. I feel really bad for him. This ended at such a pivotal point!

Mari also punche
Lisa
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
You can find this review at My Favorite Things

Riptide by H.M. Ward is the third book in The Secret Life of Trystan Scott series. Mari & Trystan have only just admitted their love for each other. They are unsure of what to do or how to be, but they are both relieved that their feelings are reciprocated. The viral video is still anonymous, much to Trystan's relief. His fears of being discovered, of having papparazzi dig into his tragic past with his father are growing larger, daily. He would b
MOVED - CHECK BIO
This book was wicked cool(No pun intended).

Mari and Trystan are back in this romance by H.M. Ward. We've returned to New York to see the third installment of The Secret of Trystan Scott series. The main conflict is basically that Mari and Trystan are having some trouble at home.

I enjoyed reading this book. It was happy! Whoo hoo! Happy book, happy book! I'm usually not into romance stories or anything, but I seem to be hooked on H.M. Ward's series. :) I enjoy Mari big time and I was happy to re
Michelle
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mari & Trystan finally have been given enough privacy to admit their feelings to one another. But with her strict parents and his abusive father there are still so many things that remain hidden - including their relationship. But sometimes secrets have a way of coming out, even ones you don't want anyone to ever find out about.

Pace is picking up a bit now that things have progressed further into the story. And although this a YA read that is pretty PG the story is still very cute and touchi
Desiree
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Finished the series in a couple of days and on pins and needles till the next one comes out! This was one of the very few times where I dropped everything and read. That hasn't happened to me in a series since The Hunger Games. I like that they are short books you can just sit and read and be engaged through it and you're begging for the next one! Awesome!
Holly
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
SERIOUSLY??? W.T.F.??!

Can anyone tell me who many friggin' books are going to be in this series? I mistakenly though this third one was the end and OH NO! - this one had even a bigger cliffhanger than the previous two! Killing me here!!!
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own

Volume after volume I like this series more and more :) It's a quick fun emotional series! Result = I can not wait for Vol.4
Leslie
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing... of course!
Risa
Nov 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Liked the ending... Love the cover, as always.
Tina
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better<3(: Can't wait for the next book!
Jun
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really great read. Well written and tastefully paced. Would have given it 5 stars have it not been frustratingly short. Dagnabit H.M. Ward! Why are you dong this? I want more of Trystan and Mari!
Sara
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This has been the best and most exciting so far and that final movie uff.
Thuy
Jul 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I can't believe I wasted money on this series. The writing is awful, stale, lacking any type of emotions.
Teiamarie
INCREDIBLE!! AMAZING!!

I'm completely breathless and don't know how I can possibly wait for the next installment in the Trystan Scott series to come out!! It's not often that a book leaves me without words but I'll try really hard to do this book justice because, Oh My God, this story absolutely deserves the most glowing review that I can give!

As is the case with the other two books preceding Riptide in this series, this cover too is gorgeous! If you've read my previous reviews on the first two
Sharrice
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
See original posting Here!

I received a copy for an honest review.

When Trystan finally reveals the truth about his feelings for Mari and about the song he wrote he knows it's the moment he could lose he forever. When he hears the words he never thought he'd hear from Mari he thinks everything is going to be great. Kissing her is like nothing he's ever felt before, like nothing he ever wanted, and now he has her, and she loves him too.

Being with Trystan is everything and then some that Mari though
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love, drama
More twists & turns have lead us to a point of possible bliss. Then up pops Mari's dad, Mr Jennings really is a piece of work. Even though we end this the 3rd book with a horrible confrontation between Trystan & his drunken & now unemployed father, Mr Scott.

Mari has obviously had a horrendous time with her father after he saw Trystan walk her home. They didn't even do anything, you think he would be happy that she was home safe. Nope, so she turns up on Trystan's door step just as h
Lenore Kosinski
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle

ORIGINAL REVIEW: 4.5 stars -- AHHHHHH!!!! SON OF A *****! Another cliffhanger. The books in this series are getting better and better. This one was fabulous. Not only did you get some happiness with Mari and Trystan, but so much happened in such a small book. And that ending. GAH! I need the next book, and I sincerely hope there aren't many more, b/c I need closure now now NOW! Anyways, yeah. I really liked that they both have abusive situations at home...
Christon
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG! This book was a Riptide indeed! I thoroughly enjoyed part 3. I'm so anxious to get to part 4 that taking the time to do this review is killing me! Just when things were going so well for Trystan and Mari, it seems like a storm is coming. I'm excited and nervous at the same time, wondering what will happen next. I notice when I read other reviews, sometimes people complain about series ending with cliffhangers and having to wait until the next part is released. I think it's stupid to complai ...more
Anita Powers
This book in the series was the best yet, the relationship between Trystan and Mari is beautiful. I love that they have confessed their love for each other. I like how Trystan is always thinking about her, trying to make sure he doesn't do anything that would cause her any trouble. He is always thinking of her first. I feel so terrible how Trystan is treated, what his father does in this book is awful and hateful. I always worry that he must be starving because he never eats. Then to go to her h ...more
DeAnna
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up to 4

Finally, things are starting to pick up! Mari finally knows that Tristan is in love with her, and (spoiler) she finally admits that she loves him, too. This leads to a book that is much more enjoyable to read than the previous two. The back and forth is gone, and we get to see their relationship start to develop.

There are still some issues to deal with, though. They’re keeping their relationship a secret because of their crazy parents, and they aren’t 100% ready to confi
Julie
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mari is absolutely shocked to learn how Trystan feels about her. She finally tells him that she feels the same. However, she doesn’t want everyone to know yet. You see, her father has some really high expectations of where he wants her future to lead. Having a boyfriend can only get in the way.

Mr. Tucker is still trying to help Trystan with finding a path for his future. He knows Trystan keeps things about his home life hidden. What no one realizes is how bad things are actually going at home.
Crystal
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this third volume of the Secret Life of Trystan Scott Mari and Trystan finally express thier feelings to each other. But their complicated home lives dictate that they keep it a secret for now. Their natural chemistry comes out when Mari steps in for Bri during thier school theater performance. That kiss seemed so real. Was it because there was so much real emoition behind it? After the high of a great rehersal Trystan walks Mari home where she is confronted by her controlling father. When sh ...more
Amber
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm definitely hooked! Your really find out what a piece of s**t Trystan's father is in this story and just how physically abusive he is to Trystan. Trystan is the popular guy in school and feels like he has this image to uphold even though his life is falling down around him. Trystan and Mari keep their relationship secret. Also in this story Trystan and Mari form a tighter bond and discover that they're home lives really aren't that different from each other - Trystan is physically abused by h ...more
EMILY
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
DISCLAIMER TO MY FELLOW GOODREADER
This review is my personal opinion and may contain: spoilers, quotes, rants, cussing (sometimes I cannot help myself) and a possible full on recap. I in no way want to ruin anyone’s book reading experience so please read my words with caution.

Ah ha! Fucking finally "love" is exchanged. Mari and Trystan were making me hurt by being too scared to say it out loud.

Mari punching Brie equals awesome. That bitch has some nerve. Both Mari and Tryst have such awful home
Shymaa
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
MygodmygodmygodmygodMygodmygodmygodmygodMygodmygodmygodmygod what was that?!!!
I loved it!it was amazing!I got collide,backdraft and riptide in the same time and couldn't put them down,once I started reading I simply couldn't stop and WOW
I loved mari and trystan from the very beginning,I don't know what to say really except HM ward you're amazing and please,please,PLEASE give me the forth vol. When will it be released?!
I can't wait and I have all this crazy thoughts about what will happen but o
Crystal Zapata
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Trystan and Mari have finally spoken about their true feelings. Things seem to be going right in that little area but everything else in their life is just falling apart. Mari's parents are emotionally unavailable and treat her as a potential asset instead of a loving daughter.
Trystan's father is an abusive drunk who blames him for everything! Poor Trystan is trying to crawl out of that hell hole of a home but his father just keeps dragging him down with his verbal and physical abuse. Things ta
Borderstar
Aug 14, 2013 marked it as nah-not-for-me
I did want to find out what happens in this, but after the first two in the series were only 3 star ratings for me, I kind of gave up and don't think I will read this one.

I did really like the characters and wanted to know where this was going but due to the niggles from the first books with the changing POV repeating the same scenes, the YA melodrama and the fact that each one is too short but still expensive, I won't be reading more in this series.

My review for Collide (The Secret Life of Trys
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Secrets Vol. 2 (Secrets, #2)
  • Falling into Forever (Falling into You, #2)
  • Hated (Rock Star Trilogy, #3)
  • Love Today
  • Freeing Carter
  • A Shot Worth Taking (Worth Series, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Promise (His Submissive, #8)
  • Gratifying Lines (Blurred Lines, #8)
  • Keeping Never (Tasting Never, #3)
  • New Beginnings (The Billionaire's Baby, #4)
  • No Mercy (Cambion, #2.5)
  • Ink My Heart (Luminescent Juliet, #2)
  • The Struggle (The Things We Can't Change, #2)
  • Continental Life (Continental Affair, #3)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Fate Interrupted 2 (Fate Interrupted, #2)
  • Laced in Malice (Laced, #1)
  • South Row
H.M. Ward continues to reign as a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author who surpassed more than 20 million books sold, placing her among the literary titans. Ward has been featured in articles in the NEW YORK TIMES, FORBES, and USA TODAY to name a few.

You can interact with this bestselling author at: www.facebook.com/AuthorHMWard. Text HMWARD to 24587 and get a text reminder on release & sale day

The Secret Life of Trystan Scott (6 books)
  • Collide (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #1)
  • Backdraft (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #2)
  • Shattered (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #4)
  • Revealed (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #5)
  • Broken Promises (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #6)
“I love you, Trystan Scott, every bit of you; past, present, and future.” 1 likes