Start by marking “Black Bird” as Want to Read:
Black Bird

Read Book

Black Bird

Jack Terrington has an aptitude for getting away with murder--he's been doing it for almost twenty years. He's a drifter, leaving a trail of fear and death from coast to coast. Although he has always successfully avoided capture, he is haunted by the memory of the Sheriff of Liberty, Virginia. The man died nearly catching Jack--in fact, it was only by dumb luck that Jack h ...more
Paperback, Second Edition, 570 pages
Published September 2nd 2010 by Lulu Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Black Bird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Bird

Greg Enslen
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey, I'm currently working on a new version of "Black Bird," which should be out this summer. It's getting a much-needed streamline, a complete copy edit, and an updated cover. Subscribe to my newsletter at www.gregenslen.com for updates.

Earlier, I wrote:
Yes, I like this book. I also wrote it, but it's still a good book with a great ending. And I hear good things from people who AREN'T related to me!
Dava
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the most maddening books I've ever read. The story was great - very tense and descriptive - however I have never read a book with more mistakes in it in my life! Missing words, misspelled words, misused words - sheesh! Can someone please get this guy an editor? I still think it's worth the read, but be forewarned.
Alan Buckley
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was excellent. A really enjoyable read. A very long book but it kept your attention and the characters were very believable. I like this author. I like his writing style. I have read most of his books and will continue to do so.
tivasyk
Apr 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
мусив покинути, заледве подужавши 10% чи 15%… котрі не містили нічого, анічогісінько цікавішого за третьосортний трилер з голівудського конвейєра. треба бути людиною якогось особливого штибу, аби насолоджуватися детальною оповіддю про безцільну жорстокість убивці, якого автор перетворив на головного персонажа — отак, неначе дивишся той самий трилер… і чекати шаблонної «розв’язки», себто помсти картонного «героя» наприкінці?

покинув після ось цього фрагменту — просто не було сил «мучити» далі цю п
Lynda Kelly
Apr 30, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deleted
Oh dear. The 2 mistakes in the dedication alone should really have tipped me off to the fact that this has not had a proper edit. Or, if it has then the author needs a refund pronto. I've only made it 13% in and encountered so many mistakes I've packed it in. It loses words all the time like a or had, it has misplaced apostrophes, lost capital letters, omitted fullstops. Futiley was replaced by futility, lightning became lightening......just an utter mess. Sentences were randomly added in, proba ...more
Richard
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
It took a while for me to warm to this book, I read the first 20% some months ago before moving onto (many) other books. However, I was recently going through the "unread" in my collection alphabetically and came back to this one.

I didn't start from the beginning again and so some of it didn't make sense (especially the birds) due to forgetting a huge chunk of what had happened but I finally "got into" the book this time and finished it.

I rather enjoyed it, although I confess I didn't "get" the
Jill
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Story of Two Decades of Terror and Revenge

"Jack Terrington killed 33 people in Los Angeles in just under four years, and only fourteen of those ever even made it into the papers.  Evidently, crimes in Los Angeles had to be particularly gruesome to make the papers. "

This thriller spans two decades of terror and two generations of victims. After a small town Sheriff comes close to catching him, years later this killer returns to Liberty to track down the Sheriff's son in a festering ne
Addy
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A taut thriller always feels good when backed by decent research! Though the sloppy editing and the occasional plot hole (view spoiler) takes some sheen off the book, the plot and the narration clinch the deal. I was on three and a half stars, but the fact that I got the book on Story Bundle made me round it up!
Numshah
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An edge-of-your-seat thriller that pulls no punches in describing the brutality and depravity of its central villain, complete with a poetic ending worthy of Shakespeare.
Sherry Ledbetter
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

The book seemed a little long but it was a good read. Finally I found out what the black bird really wanted.
Mark
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had everything, but maybe too much of something.
Clyde Murphy
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better "free" kindle books I've read. Mr Enlen is an excellent writer, but he needs to fire his editor.
Nick
May 02, 2013
elizabeth moore
Nov 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Greg Enslen is an Ohio author of twenty-seven books, including four books in the “Frank Harper Mysteries” series and three other novels. He also writes original screenplays and guides for popular TV shows such as “Game of Thrones” and “Mr. Robot.” His books are available from major retailers and on his Amazon Author Page at http://bit.ly/geauthor.

Greg lives in southern Ohio with his wife, three ch