Start by marking “Dark Star (The Rosie Black Chronicles, # 3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Star (The Rosie Black Chronicles, # 3)

Dark Star (The Rosie Black Chronicles #3)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  297 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
To protect Pip and fulfil her deal with Sulawayo, Rosie Black has joined Helios. But trouble is brewing within the ranks - a rebellion is rising. Who is part of the rebellion? Who is trying to take full control of Helios? How does the mysterious Dark Star fit into these plans?
The stakes are high for Rosie. The survival of Pip and the world as she knows it depends on her. C
Published November 1st 2012 by Walker Books Australia

To ask other readers questions about Dark Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Star

Booknut
Lara Morgan makes me so proud to be Australian! As everyone knows, us Australians are:

And our authors are no exception to that! The latest, and final, novel in the 'Rosie Black Chronicles' is a fast-paced adventure - a race against time to save the world as we know it, five hundred years into the future.

Rosie is an amazing heroine. The word 'strong' doesn't even come close to describing her - the girl has to live with that horrid implant thing in her brain which means constant pain 24/7, plus s
Reynje
Nov 17, 2012 rated it liked it

This one was slower for me than the previous two instalments in the Rosie Black Chronicles - initially the action felt a little tedious and repetitive.

That said, I like the way Morgan chose to wrap the series up and where she left the characters. A good conclusion to a fun futuristic trilogy.

Madi
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a why to end the series! Amazing one of the best Aussie writers I have ever come across. From start to finish with the series it is full of drama and action packed moments. Why is it that I trust my friends more to pick the books for me to read next then myself, serious issue. Anyway this book is perfection with every moment and Rosie is one of the most bravest and couragest characters that I have ever come across and I am glad that I 'met' her. Thank you Lara Morgan for creating the Rosie ...more
ClaireEva
Sep 25, 2015 rated it liked it
When I started this series I wasn't really expecting much but the first book just completely blew me away.
It was nothing like I expected but in the best way possible.
I absolutely fell in love with the world, characters and story.
Now don't get me wrong the second and third books in this series were still good but after that amazing start I guess I expected more.
I feel like this series could have been so much more than it was.
I still really enjoyed this book and recommend reading the series but I
Nisma
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
** I think I have to re-read this trilogy as a whole someday, and I'll probably appreciate it better then **
Joséphine (Word Revel)
After I was done reading Dark Star, I was pretty satisfied with how the trilogy ended. While I didn’t yearn for another book to extend the series, I didn’t wish for less either. Three books for this trilogy was the perfect number to build up the story and to wrap it up in the end.

I liked that Rosie matured over the course of the books, since she did get a year older with each. At the same time, the presence of Aunt Essie and Essie making decisions for Rosie in the absence of her parents made it
Alisha Brook
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Title: Dark Star
Series: Rosie Black Chronicles (#3)
Author: Lara Morgan
Genre: Sci Fi
Rating: 4 stars

I love this series. One of my favourite Australian YA series, and Lara Morgan is amazing! But DARK STAR fell short for me. I think if I went back and re-read the series (which I initially planned to do, but then impatience got the best of me lol), I would appreciate this book much better. I was left a little confused in places, particularly at the beginning. Where other series usually recap brie
Cameron
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
I would have loved to rate this higher purely out of parochialism (WA! WA!) but it does not stand up against other SF, and more importantly it does not stand up against the 2 earlier installments. The 2 stars is soft; as an individual story it is not good, but Morgan's more than competent writing and my over all like for the series saves it from a 1 star.

The pacing is bad, character development non-existant and the titular device hardly features. The start is repetitive and annoying - how many t
Passionatereader
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Sara Douglass 'Book Series' Award. This entry is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

I won't be recording my thoughts (if I choose to) here until after the AA are over.
Lyn Battersby
Nov 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: awards
Lyn is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. This review is the personal opinion of Lyn herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

As I'm currently reading for the awards, I won't be rating this until the awards are finished.

I will say though that I wish I'd read the first two.
Zoe
Nov 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Nothing particularly special, it was an enjoyable read but nothing really stood out as really brilliant, or a great twist or anything. A bit disappointed in Dalton's role in this book, not exactly original, and Riley's all-knowingness is never explained. Not a bad book, but the sequels definitely weren't as good as the first book.
Annaliese
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Trying to settle some of those books that I started early in 2016, this book I picked up and finished in a few hours. After finishing the first two in the trilogy sometime over the course of the last few years, I fell into the rhythm of Morgan's writing once more, and found myself further intrigued by all the characters. Grateful for a decent ending.
Linette
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This one definitely had the best storyline of the three and kept you racing to the end. Still too much swearing for me, even if it is considered mild in the worlds of young adult and science fiction. Shame it should detract from what is an otherwise well written and fun read.
Ivy
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
A bitter-sweet end to a marvellous trilogy. Morgan masterly creates a real dystopian world and strong characters who stay true to themselves right to the very end. Fans of Rosie Black won't be disappointed.
JusMe
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lara Morgan had me drawn in from the very beginning to the very end, I was kept on the edge of my seat. I loved it. It's sad that this is the end of The Rosie Black Chronicles. I would like to own this in ebook format as well.
Shmuzzie
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ANYONE
Recommended to Shmuzzie by: zozypozy
This book is AMAZING!
The whole series is AMAZING!

It is insanely gripping. Full of action and advetnure.
I always needed to know what happened next.

I'm not really into sci-fi but I absolutely loved this series.
I am incredibly sad to have finished it.
Thérèse M
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
it was intersting.
Mariana
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it
The trilogy is great, the editing is sloppy.
ry
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
help i've fallen in love with pip and i'm stuck
sophie
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
NOOOO OMG LIKE ALL MY FAVES <3
I CANT BELIEVE THIS STORY
I LOVE EVERY CHARACTER
DO YOU KNOW HOW OFTEN THAT HAPPENS?
NEVER.
Sarah Boyf
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
just competed my first ever trilogy!!
the plot was nothing like I have ever known before, got me thinking and packed with drama and action. pretty cute romance as well.
Heather S
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
The story stayed brilliant. I am happy with the conclusion, and the character development.
most unfortunately there were a handful of really silly editing errors that threw me out of the story.
Cassandra
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
Better than the first two. Well done stereotypical YA dystopia.
doritos_327
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series :) really want to read more Lara Morgan books!
Lve2read
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: epic-read
An amazing ending to a fabulous series. I enjoyed the whole book, and loved the ending.
Ashley
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, own
I surprisingly enjoyed this series, this is not something that I would usually read. My favouite is Pip, he is such a cool, interesting character :D Definitely books I would read again.
Drew
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: australian, women, ya
rounded up
Tara
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Probably not my favourite book of the series but still a nice end to the trilogy!
Toy Guy
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wish there was another book in the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Characters 1 2 Apr 06, 2013 05:47PM
  • Unwanted
  • Irradiated (The Tunnel Trilogy, #1)
  • Lifespan of Starlight
  • A Single Stone
  • The Foretelling of Georgie Spider (The Tribe, #3)
  • Day Boy
  • Borderlands (Chasing the Valley #2)
  • Guardian (The Veiled Worlds, #3)
  • Hour of Need (The Laws of Magic, #6)
  • Song of the Slums
  • Fall (Twinmaker, #3)
  • Juno Of Taris
  • Only Ever Always
  • New Guinea Moon
  • The Museum of Mary Child
  • Things a Map Won't Show You: Stories from Australia & Beyond
  • After
  • Faking It (The Intern, #2)
Lara Morgan writes for both adults and teens and is the author of The Twins of Saranthium series and The Rosie Black Chronicles.

She lives in a coastal town in Western Australia called Geraldton which is a long way from most places and too close to others.

Her mission is to rid the world of tea, one cup at a time. This is going quite well.

More about Lara Morgan

The Rosie Black Chronicles (3 books)
  • Genesis (The Rosie Black Chronicles, #1)
  • Equinox (The Rosie Black Chronicles, #2)
“Pip was trembling with fatigue. "I gotta sit down."
He made it to a chair before he collapsed and Cassie was immediately there with a medikit, pulling up his shirt, examining gel patches. He'd felt them stop working some time ago and they were now dried and covered in dirt.
"Stop trying to get my clothes off, woman!" He made a weak attempt to fend her off, but she smacked his hands away.”
6 likes