Start by marking “I Do ... or Die” as Want to Read:
I Do ... or Die

I Do ... or Die

“Always a bridesmaid, never a bride” is Shelby Atwood's personal credo. She’s managed to avoid commitment all her life – no pets, no plants, not even a long-term lease. Heck, she’s had colds last longer than her romantic relationships. How could she be any other way when she has a gigolo for a father?

But then gunfire erupts at the latest wedding she’s agreed to be in, and
Published December 10th 2012 by Crimson Romance

To ask other readers questions about I Do ... or Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Do ... or Die

Start your review of I Do ... or Die
Silver James
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I Do ... or Die by Donna Cummings Full disclosure: The author, Donna Cummings and I are twitter friends. We trade quips. She steals my coffee fae. I lure him back. We're good. And anyone who knows me understands that I'm honest--sometimes brutally so--when it comes to reviews. You'll notice this book got 5 stars from me. Why? Because the first night I started reading it, I was up until 3 a.m. The only reason I stopped reading was because I couldn't actually make out the words on my Kindle. And also, because I scared my Newf ...more
Melanie
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I Do . . . Or Die (Crimson Romance) is a story that will have you laughing-out-loud from the first page to the last!

Shelby Atwood, the heroine, doesn’t do commitment; is always a bridesmaid [and sometimes four times, as for her best friend Alexa], never a bride, and in her own words, the eternal bachelorette who’s now dodging gunfire at the Alexa’s fourth wedding!

Detective Ryan Nichols is sexy and giving our heroine his attention, and not all professional!

Together they are cute, sexy, and better
S.J.
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This book was a whole lot of fun. It made me laugh and at the end I had tears in my eyes. The banter between Shelby and Ryan is highly entertaining. Even when the two are in the middle of page turning danger, Shelby had me giggling. Oh, and I can't forget to mention the back and forth with Ryan's cat. Funny stuff.

Donna's writing style is clever and enchanting. It simply put me in a good mood. I highlighted many sections that I wanted to remember, so it's hard for me to pick just one quote. Okay,
Mae Clair
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you like a fun breezy romance with some mystery and danger thrown in, look no further. I Do...or Die will have you grinning and laughing as you turn each page--and keep you guessing until the end. The author did an exceptional job of creating a quirky heroine and a hunky detective who share some of the best bantering dialogue I've read. The book is told for the point of view of the heroine, Shelby Atwood, with a plethora of lot of tongue-in-cheek observations.

Commitment-phobic, Shelby, the p
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know how sometimes you need a silly, light, overpacked on the fluff, well written story? Wellllll..... this is it.
We have a secure in herself but not in her ability to commit, Shelby.
We have hot, sure, hot, adorable, hot, funny, hot and hot cop, Ryan. Sorry, detective!
And we have some idiot trying to shoot Shelby. While she's fulfilling her maid of honor in her best friend's 4th (Yes, FOURTH!) wedding.
I'm not even going to put in quotes, because you need them in context, but they're funneh.
Juli Morgan
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I Do ... Or Die is an absolute delight! Donna Cummings writes with such a fresh, hilarious voice, and I found myself literally laughing until tears came to my eyes at times. The relationship between Shelby and Ryan is so entertaining and at the same time so full of heat that I couldn't put the book down. I was so involved in this story that I just stumbled around the house with my Kindle in hand, not wanting to miss a word. For fans of romance and women's fiction, this one is a must read!
Janga
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read with terrific sexual tension and some of the best banter I've read this year. If you like contemporary romance with sizzle and sass, you should try this one by an author whom I hope to see publishing more books in 2013.
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance fans who love humor
This was a humorous and romantic thriller. So much fun, lots of anticipation and quite a few hot scenes as well.

Full review can be found at Risqué Reviews
Erin
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so this book just has everything that I absolutely love about a great romance novel! Donna Cummings blended the perfect mix of humor, suspense, and lusty-sexy, then tossed in some absolutely lovable characters to make one entertaining story that I enjoyed from start to finish!

Shelby is one of those heroines who I would just love to have for a BFF, because she literally brightens every situation with her personality. I loved her as soon as her quirkiness became evident in the hilarity of he
Josie  Ann
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this novel from the author, Donna Cummings, in exchange for an honest review, and I absolutely LOVED this novel! The story begins with the main character, Shelby, in her best friend, Alexa's, wedding. During the first chapter, we learn that this isn't Alexa's first wedding and that Shelby is completely against marriages; she's practically a commitaphobe. Before Alexa and her beloved husband, Jordan, could say, "I do," Alexa is shot and everything becomes a huge mystery after that. At ...more
Becky Condit
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Cummings has proven yet again that she has a great sense of humor and can really build it well into a story. Not only is the dialogue funny but she can also build the scene and actions to make it a complete picture. The story is super sexy but not overrun at all with sex but when it comes its smokin’! Don’t expect a super serious murder for hire story but there is definitely angst when it comes to who is shooting at whom and what will happen when Ryan realizes Shelby is a commitment phobe.
I
The Page Girls
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely best opening line I have ever read:
"You just don't expect to see gunfire at a wedding."

I was hooked from then on out. The characters were lovely...hilarious and thoughtful. I Loved the writing...the narrator was so witty and quick....I loved her and her love interest was perfect. Their chemistry was great. Also, the back stories were very unique and colorful. I just had such a great time reading this book. Definitely loved this book and looking forward to more contemporary romance fro
Emily Poule
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely best opening line I have ever read:
"You just don't expect to see gunfire at a wedding."

UltraMeital
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Do... or Die - Donna Cummings Real funny and witty! Not a masterpiece or extremely intelligent plot just fun fun fun.I loved the relationship between Ryan and Shelby and the way it progressed during the book. their witty exchanges and Shelby's honest and "naughty" POV made this book fun and easy. A sweet book to breeze through in a day or two and put it down with a smile (after laughing your ass of half of the book :D).
Steph
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!!

I loved this story and loved the characters! I hope this becomes a series. it is definitely a must read.
Lalalalina
3.5 stars!

Loved me some Ryan! Absolutely, LOVED the banter between Shelby and Ryan, too fricken funny.
Sylvia
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book. I laughed so hard I had to read the hospital scene to my family. I thoroughly enjoyed this book!! Highly recommend!
Frances McNeal
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
Romantic, laugh out loud love story!

Full review coming on www.mrsconditreadsbooks.com
Chelsea
Cute and funny
Gayla Glass
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute book. The mystery part, not so much a mystery, well, not the first part of if anyway. I really liked the love story. All in all worth the read.
R.C. Matthews
This book started out as four stars for me but unfortunately deteriorated to a two star. While I really love the author's ability to come up with hilarious, snarky comments, I found it exhausting to read the inner thoughts of the heroine when every single thought was snarky humor. I would have enjoyed this book a lot more if the humor had been sprinkled in instead of crammed down my throat. It's really too bad because I ended up skimming that last fifty percent of the book for the dialog because ...more
Nancy

But then gunfire erupts at the latest wedding she’s agreed to be in, and it ends up being the best thing to happen to Shelby’s love life. Detective Ryan Nichols is assigned to the case, and when th
☕️Kimberly
Jan 10, 2017
Ashley
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Chez Stinky (An Alpine Grove Romantic Comedy #1)
  • I Love You - What's Your Name?
  • Skeletons in the Closet (The Misadventures of the Laundry Hag, #1)
  • Summer at Sea (Summer #1)
  • Southern Spirits (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #1)
  • Cipher (The Shadow Ravens, #1)
  • Wanna Get Lucky? (Lucky O'Toole, #1)
  • Sleuthing Women: 10 First-in-Series Mysteries
  • Walk Softly, Danger (Reed Ferguson Mystery; Sydney Rye)
  • Game Changer (A sexy romantic comedy)
  • Six Months in Montana (Montana Sweet Western Romance, #1)
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • Out of the Dark (Falcon Securities, #1)
  • Trouble Is My Business
  • Get a Clue
  • Chalk Lines and Lipstick (Maren Colepepper Mystery #1)
  • Dangerous Secrets (Callaghan Brothers, #1)
  • Kiss a Girl in the Rain (Take a Chance, #1)
I have worked as an attorney, winery tasting room manager, and retail business owner, but nothing beats the thrill of writing humorously-ever-after romances.

I reside in New England, although I fantasize about spending the rest of my days in a tropical locale, wearing flip flops year-round, or in Regency London, scandalizing the ton.

I can usually be found on Twitter talking about writing and coffee