Start by marking “Lonely is the Night (Shadow Force, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Lonely is the Night (Shadow Force, #4.5)

Lonely is the Night

(Shadow Force #4.5)

A thrilling novella of betrayal and redemption from national bestselling author Stephanie Tyler.

Recently retired Delta Force Operator Reid Cormier utilizes his special skills by working black ops jobs all around the world with his former teammates and their wives. Reid’s career keeps him busy, but he can’t get his last job—or the woman involved—out of his head.

US Marshal
Published March 5th 2013 by Penguin / NAL eSpecial

To ask other readers questions about Lonely is the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lonely is the Night

Mareli
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
A short story really enjoyable. Both Grier and Reid came from a previous book and I liked they got their story.

Besides Grier was a hell of a woman! Liked her :)

All in all this series was a crescendo for me. I liked it very much
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
I admit it...when I saw that Stephanie Tyler was planning to release a novella for Reid and Grier, I might have squee'd a little (OK a lot)

I loved the Shadow Force series, but I was left wanting after I finished Night Moves. I really wanted closure for Reid and Grier. So I was thrilled to get that in this Novella.

Stephanie Tyler can definitely write the hell out of Romantic Suspense. The action, the steam, the characters (new and old). This was a fantastic closing to a great series...and perhaps
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kimber‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

Something I’ve noticed after several years of reading books by Stephanie Tyler and that is a constant. The constant being how easy it is to let go and get lost in her sexy military and black op thrillers and this most certainly holds true after reading Lonely Is The Night, the 5th and final book in the Shadow Force series. I applaud and thank her for gifting us with this much anticipated and final chapter of the guys of Shadow Force
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
My Rating: 4 stars: Enjoyed - recommend (A-)
Originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About

US Marshal Grier Vanderhall bucked her socialite upbringing to bury herself in law enforcement. She sees things in black and white, which is why it never would have worked out with black ops soldier, Reid Cormier. His way of life--living outside the law--was too much for Grier, and the pair went their separate ways after Grier faked her death in Night Moves (Book 4 of Shadow Force).

Now Grier is ready f
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lonely is the Night is the 5th and final installment in Stephanie Tyler’s Shadow Force series and I have to say from the start that I’ll be sad to see it go. I’ve loved following this group of former military/black ops men and the women they love. Grier and Reid met in the previous installment, tangled in the same mission. They tangled in the sheets as well. Neither has forgotten their attraction to each other and when Reid finds that Grier, a US Marshall, has been kidnapped, he steps up to resc ...more
AnnaBanana
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Finally we get to know how the Shadow Force series ends! I’m a big fan of this series and I’m totally bummed it’s ending. I loved each book but Reid was always a favorite character of mine and I wanted him to get the HEA that all of the other guys got. And after the end of the last book, he definitely deserved one!
Now as far as this book goes with the series, I wasn’t as impressed as I was with the other books. It was good, don’t get me wrong but as far as endings go, this one felt rushed and th
C is for **censored**
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-books

The star rating given reflects my opinion within ‘the official goodreads rating system’.

1 star: Didn’t Like it
2 stars: It’s Okay
3 stars: Liked it
4 stars: Really Liked it
5 stars: It Was Amazing

I don’t really give a rat-fuck that there are some who think I ‘owe’ an explanation for my opinion. Nope, nada, and not sorry about it.

Sometimes I may add notes to explain what my opinions are based on, and sometimes I don’t. I do this for me, on my books, in my library and I don’t ‘owe’ any special snowfla
May Mostly Romance
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
เขาใจวานีคงจะเปนเลมสุดทายในชุด Shadow Forces แลวนะคะ แลวกเหมือนเทรนดของเลมกอนหนาทีความสนุกลดนอยลงไปเรือย ๆ จากเลมแรก

ขนาดไมนับวา เราไมคอยชอบคาแรคเตอรของทังพระเอกและนางเอกทีเคยมีบทบาทในเลมกอนหนา เรากยังรูสึกวา พลอตเรืองไมมีความสมจริง และไมมีเหตุผลเอาเสียเลย นางเอกซึงเปนตำรวจศาล (US Marshall) ถูกกลุมคนรายลักพาตัวไปพรอมกับพยานของเธอ (ซึงจะขึนใหการปรักปรัมกลุมคนราย) แตแทนทีจะฆาเธองาย ๆ พวกนันกลับเอาตัวเธอขึนสูในเกมสการตอสูทีผิดกฎหมาย

ขอแรกเลย เรารูสึกวา การตอสูนอกสังเวียนแบบนี แมจะมีกำไรมากไมนอย แตมั
Paula
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was so excited this was for Reid and Grier.

Reid and Grier are still at odds and no one will make the first move to contact the other one until it is taken out of their hands and Griers partner, Jack, calls in Reid and his team because Grier was taken by an illegal cage fighting mafia ring. Reid knows this is very personal but also knows he will not let anyone else rescue her. Grier struggles with her good vs bad line in the sand. Reid has no such line and never has.

descriptiondescription
Cindy ~
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lots of action and suspense in this latest and I guess last Shadow Force book.

This is Reid and Grier's conclusion. The author first takes us into the world of underground fighting when the witness Grier is protecting decides he rather go back than testify against them. For this to be a short e-novel the author did a very good job with the details of the illegal underground fighting.

Almost all the guys and some of the gals from the previous books make an appearance to help out. It was great to
Michel Reinhard (Smut Book Junkie Reviews)
The 5th and final book in the Shadow Force series was very good. Those of us who have been waiting for Reid's and Grier's story were not disappointed. Even though this book was a novella it packed a punch. Super sexy, intense, and full of the action we have come to expect from the Shadow Force series.

I am hoping she will write a spin off from this series and let some of the characters get their own books. Keegan, Jack, and Gunner. Loved those guys!

I highly recommend this series and this book! Y
Darcy
It was fun to see how both Grier and Reid both reacted to things. Reid couldn’t get to Grier fast enough to protect her, while Grier just wanted to do her job. It was only seeing Reid work that Grier was able to see his point of view.

I loved how Grier fit in with the motley crew that worked with Reid, especially Gunnar. I think it was Gunnar who helped Grier get things straight in her head.

I loved how by the end of this one Grier learned to live in the gray because it allowed her to find her HE
Hope Frost
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Other than the fact that this is the LAST Shadow Force book and I am totally bummed by that thought, I really enjoyed this book. The ending leads me to believe that Jack will possibly start a new series, and that interests me A LOT. I loved everything about this book but the length, I thought there was way to much to be said and done to fit in a novella, but other than that, I was not disappointed.
Michelle
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was really sad at the end of Night Moves, I'm glad Stephanie gave us this to fill in the holes a little. There was some bits of this that I really liked and must admit I'm glad the Section 8 books are slightly related to this as I hope to see some of my favourite characters again!
Shelly123
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this one!! It was great to see how and if Reid and Grier got together. Best for last I think!!
Jacquie
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I love Stephanie's books but this one just didn't click for me, way to rushed. I think the storyline was good but it needed to be full length. It was to cut up
Charlie Hastings
Great Wrap Up!

One of my favorite writers, Stephanie Tyler never disappoints. I absolutely love the unconventional hero's and heroines in each book!!!
Judy Serrano
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
For a full review, please go to http://www.examiner.com/review/lonely...

Anita Waters
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced

It was so fast paced I didn't or could I put it down until it was over then I wished for more.
Whtyac
Feb 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Not one of my favorite. I simply read it to be consistent. It lacked many things
Kim O
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5. Great ending to the series. Review posted on www.guiltypleasuresbookreviews.com
Saly
I had a problem with the heroine, she was stupid and self righteous even though the hero kept saving her from her choices. I liked reading about Keenan and Jack and smell sequel bait.
Rjsmommy
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Missed the Shadow Force guys and hope the new series is as good as the last.
EJ MACK
Jun 22, 2013 rated it liked it
need more of a plot.
Alison
Nov 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
I'm glad Grier and Reid finally got their HEA.
Wolftears
Jan 26, 2015
Lexa
Oct 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Special Ops Exclusive (The Hunted, #3)
  • Off the Edge (The Associates, #2)
  • Armed and Dangerous (Sugarland Blue, #0.5)
  • Haunted Wolves (Green Pines, #2)
  • A Christmas for Carrie (Feeling the Heat, #2.5)
  • Chances Are (Last Chance Rescue, #10)
  • Code of Silence (Seal Team 12, #7.5)
  • Bachelor's Bait (Cocktales, #3)
  • Size Matters (Lovers on the Fringe, #1)
  • SEAL of My Dreams
  • Shades of Passion (SIG, #3)
  • Night Thief (Night, #0.5)
  • Heart of the Serpent (Hades' Carnival, #5)
  • The Darkness Within (Offspring, #5.5)
  • Blue Forever (Men in Uniform, #3)
  • Starting from Scratch
New York Times Bestselling author Stephanie Tyler writes what she loves to read - romantic suspense novels starring military heroes and paranormal romance novels novels starring warrior heroes, all complete with happy endings. She also writes as SE Jakes.

And because she's not busy enough, she also co-writes as Sydney Croft. She lives in New York with her husband, her kids and her crazy Weimaraner,

Shadow Force (4 books)
  • Lie With Me (Shadow Force, #1)
  • Promises in the Dark (Shadow Force, #2)
  • In the Air Tonight (Shadow Force, #3)
  • Night Moves (Shadow Force, #4)