Start by marking “Frigid (Frigid, #1)” as Want to Read:
Frigid (Frigid, #1)

Frigid (Frigid #1)

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  33,648 Ratings  ·  2,612 Reviews
For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being ...more
Published July 15th 2013 by Spencer Hill Contemporary

To ask other readers questions about Frigid, please sign up.

Meghna Lol yeah...in the Apollyon, Jennifer makes reference to the Lux series as well. She's awesome! :)

PS. I wanted to ask what the appropriate age to read…more

PS. I wanted to ask what the appropriate age to read this book is?(less)

Blacky *Romance Addict*

A story about best friend secretly in love <3 What can be better than that <3

Image <br />Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well, a story about best friends in love trapped in a snow storm trying to get warm (ehehehehe) and realizing how they felt for each other <3

"I would’ve given her more if she had wanted that.
I would’ve given her everything if she had asked."

The story

Image <br />Hosted by ImageShack.us

Kyler and Sydney have been best friends ever since they were kids, and secretly in love with each other ever since they were teenagers.
They get trapped in a house
Kristen
VERY LOW 4 stars!!! BUT I still loved SOOO much about this book!

Frigid is NOT my favorite book by this very talented authors, and as much as I loved it, I did have a few issues. The constant misunderstandings and lack of communication throughout this WHOLE friends-to-lovers trope became tedious and tiring after awhile. And even though I liked both of the main characters, Kyler's voracious man-whoring ways was more of a turn OFF for me, NOT a turn on. I still fell in love with him but he was no
kris
Jan 29, 2013 kris rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
QUESTION:

What's better than a six pack?

An eight pack!

Kyler
In reality, even though I’d been with everyone else, I’d always been Syd’s.

Syd
“I’ve loved you since you pushed me down on the playground. I swear— I’ve loved you since then.”

First of all , I can’t believe that I'm rating a J.L. Armetrout book with 4 stars.

It wasnt bad BUT Sydney was frustrating most of the times.

Secondly, shirtless guys should be banned.

Ohh WTH am I talking about?

The story:
Kyler and Syd grew up together. They had kn
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
Okay, I CANNOT wait for this book. I wanna read it so bad. Plus, it's by JLA. That means there's a 100% chance I'm gonna love it to death.

And, aha, Kyler. Kyler Kyler Kyler. Have we all seen the drool-worthy boy for him?

;)
(His real name is Adam, by the way.)

Yeah. I can't even.

Ahhh, this cover's going to be great, and then the book is going to be even greater, and this is just going to be AWESOME.

Personally, I think SHP should release it, like, now. But hey, that's just me.

Either way, AHHHHHHHHH. &
"That's All" Ash
 photo download-27.jpg

photo download2-15.jpg

Let us all bow our heads and have a moment of silence for the books you’re planning to read after this one.

And let us pray that they’re even half as good. ;)

Jennifer Armentrout AKA the Yoda of sexual tension does it again with this book of scrumptious amazingness!

Seriously, I didn’t even know you could write a sex scene like that! GEEZ! And it’s not just the way this woman can write a sex scene that makes her writing so electric… it’s the way she architects her characters. Sydney, for exampl
Lisa Jayne
Jul 15, 2013 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it
4.5 THIS IS FOREVER STARS.

"I was Kyler's best friend. And because of that, he would never love me the way I loved him."

description

Misunderstanding's, unrequited love, secrets, drama, friendships and a whole lot of snow ... 'Frigid' is a sweet, easy to read Romance and its a perfect addition to my 'easy to fall in love with' books.

What's it all about ...
Kyler Quinn and Sydney Bell have been best friends since well, forever. They have shared life, friends and momentous occasions together but the one thing th
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I can't believe this book. It was so, what's the word? Awful?

I know it's Jennifer Armentrout we're talking about but sadly all of her books (except Covenant Series) have the same bland characters. I remember lusting over Daemon when Obsidian first came out but now I just can't remember why. Most people, who obsessively read new adult novels will love her every book but I just wish it had more substance. Something other than a girl with self-esteem issues, a guy who has abs to die for and a mile
Hannah  (Hannah Plus Books)
Jul 14, 2013 Hannah (Hannah Plus Books) rated it did not like it
Shelves: new-adult
Duchess Nicole
What a wonderful, unexpected breath of fresh air! I've had such a hard time with the New Adult genre lately. Too much DRAMA, too much ANGST, too many OVERREACTIONS and too many UNREALISTIC situations. If I wanted to hear about that kind of thing, I'd go ask my ten year old about the gossip going on in her fifth grade classroom. There would be many, many BFFs crushing on the same cute boy and loads of OMG moments followed by mean girls ROTFL.

Fortunately, that was not the case here. Sydney and Kyl
Catarina
5 Snow Bunnies Stars!!

Okay, I know I’m biased because I pretty much love everything that Jennifer Armentrout writes. But I’ve got to say that I loved this. Every second of it.

description

So, Kyler and Sydney are best friends since they were kids.
Sydney is a little uptight good girl that’s in love with Kyler since forever. But she knows Kyler doesn’t do the commitment thing: He sees, he does, and he leaves. And she knows that he will never see more in her that a best friend.
So for years she suffers, wat
Christy
Jan 27, 2013 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: sweet-guys, angst
4.5 Stars!!!!

photo 1915cef0-6eaf-4fde-b451-bdfacc8ad0e6_zps07b5f90d.jpg

Being in love with your best friend is rough, especially when the feelings are one sided.
 photo e9aa64b1-9924-44bb-a2a9-0756899d8166_zps469d4a2e.jpg
I was Kyler’s best friend. And because of that, he would never love me the way I loved him.

Sydney has loved Kyler for as long as she can remember. They have been best friends since they were children. Kyler is a bit of a player (understatement ;) and Syd knows he doesn’t see her that way. She won’t risk their friendship by letting him know how she feels. Even though it hurts seeing him with g
Angela
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
2.5 Stars

The book isn't that great.
ANOTHER book based on lack of communication between two people who love each other.
A totally used plot..

The characters seemed very immature; personality wise. They didn't seem like they were 21.
The twist was so predictable.

I expected a lot more seeing as all my friends gave this book 4 and 5 stars.

The only thing I loved about this book was the cover.
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ★'s

Kyler and Sydney have been friends forever but for quite a while, they have each wanted the other as more. Different reasons have stopped them from following through on anything. Finally, things start to change when they are stranded in a cabin during a snow storm.

description

For the most part, I enjoyed this story. It's not complicated and it's an easy read. Besides the emotional yo-yo, there is some suspense but even that is easy to figure out.

I did like both Kyler and Sydney. They are sweet and
Lucia
Nov 01, 2012 Lucia rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1-2-stars-read

Frigid is sexy romance story which frustrated the hell out of me!

My Kyler and Sydney:

Sydney is really nice but uptight 21 years old girl who is in love with her best friend Kyler. It pains her to see him man-whore his way at college but her feelings for him are only getting stronger. She thinks she doesn't stand a chance and she doesn't want to ruin their friendship.

Kyler doesn't care about countless girls she slept with but he does care for his best friend Sydney. However, he tries to persuade
Anniebananie
Nov 05, 2016 Anniebananie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich hatte so Lust auf dieses Buch, dass ich es mir direkt kaufen musste und es auch gleich auf der Rückfahrt im Zug begonnen habe zu lesen. Die Geschichte war wirklich zuckersüß, charmant und witzig und hatte interessanterweise zusätzlich den "Thrill"-Effekt. Eine rundum gelungene Mischung und durchweg sympathische Charaktere mit denen man mitfühlen konnte - sowohl mit Sydney als auch mit Kyler - da die Geschichte aus wechselnder Perspektive erzählt wird. Perfektes Buch für die Weihnachtszeit üb ...more
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Well...it pains me to do so but, damn this book was BAD! And I'm a BIG JLA fan! But this one just didn't work for me. At. All.

The Plot:

Not. Original.

The first half of the book....waiting, waiting, waiting!

You two seriously need to have a conversation. One where you aren't LYING to each other's face. PLEASE! I hate spending the entire book in a state of miscommunication.

Sydney:

Poor, poor Sydney. Honestly, she ranks up there as one of my LEAST favorite heroines of all time.

Is anyone really THAT
Sandra
No one could replace me in his life. I knew that. I was the friend who knew everything about him and whom he trusted above everyone else. I was Kyler's best friend. And because of that, he would never love me the way i loved him.

9eac007b ec13 4574 9af0 dff9251ca4a4 zps70369a0c

Sydney has been secretly in love with her best friend, Kyler, since what seems like forever. She hates that he is a man-whore and a player who never says 'no' to a girl that wants to jump his bones. The only excpetion? Her.

gunsd

For Kyler, Sydney is the only girl who owns
Vishous
so.....

this would be a 3 star for me but!!! But I really loved the sex parts, how he was educating her bwahahahaha and his POV... le sigh...

"She smiled again, and I had to close my damn eyes again, because if I fell into her eyes, I'd never resurface."

so.....

i will give it 4 stars :D

buddy read w/ my little OCD
Jamie
Feb 19, 2013 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: man-ho
LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!!! SUPER SWEET AND SEXY BEST FRIENDS TO BEST LOVERS... A MUST READ FOR ANY J.LYNN FAN!!!

♥  Barb ♥
Mar 26, 2013 ♥ Barb ♥ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-vault
*****4.5 KYLER stars*****

"How much snow are they calling for?" "Somewhere between alot and holy fuck."

snow heart photo: heart in the snow snow-1.jpg

"I was in love with my best friend.
And it could be worse, I guessed. I could have been in love with a male stripper or a drug addict. Kyler Quinn was neither of those things. Although he could easily be passed off a male stripper with those jaw dropping good looks and messy brown hair, and he was addictive as any drug out there."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the story of
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Jul 15, 2013 ♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ rated it really liked it
Almost 4 stars

A friends to lover's story....what's not to love??????

I have mixed feelings about this book, on the one hand I truly loved it and then on the other there were parts which, for me, just didn't work....

It's a story told from the dual perspective of our hero and heroine which is always a bonus for me......

Our heroine.....
"And Syd-innocent, lovely Syd-didn't have a lot of experience when it came to sex."

Our Hero....
"Girls were like flavours to him and I wasn't one he wanted
Marla Mei
Edit 12/20/14: After browsing and reviewing my reviews, I can't help but notice that I sound maybe a teensy weensy bit condescending in this one. Sorry, guys. If you love this book, no probs. We cool. To those who haven't read the book, please don't let this review dissuade you from reading it. There are lots of people who found this wonderful but sadly, I am not one of them. Still, I think you should give this a try and see for yourselves. That's all. Thank you. *bows*

--------------------------
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Jul 15, 2013 Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
 photo 53fe7d41-3d74-4786-9ea4-d9eb003812c7_zps7b7d6f0c.jpg

Sydney -I was in love with my best friend. I was Kyler's best friend. And because of that, he would never love me the way I loved him.

photo KylerQuinn_zps2c21f3e2.jpg

Here's the kicker- Kyler has feeling for Sydney but just doesn't think that he is good enough for her......

photo sydneybell_zps4913fa3a.jpg

I am a sucker for sweet, romantic, angsty, unrequited love. Throw in some hot sex, fanning yourself "Education Sex" and you have a fabulously delicious story. This story is told in both POV's, which I love!! Being able to get into both characters heads is
Jilly
Jun 18, 2015 Jilly rated it liked it
This was a really cute friends-to-lovers romance novel. There is nothing earth shattering going on, but it gives you the warm fuzzies. If I was willing to ever set foot into a place that has snow, I could see enjoying this one with a cup of hot chocolate. But, that ain't gonna happen, so I will just have to have my chocolate in bar form. Or maybe cake.... mmmm cake.....

Everything is better in cake form...

So, we have "boy with the hip and interesting name", and "girl with the boy name but it's cu
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Hearts Cole, Lucas, Jesse  & James ✝✝

FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND IN A SNOWY SEASON, THE BEST FEELING EVER!

photo tumblr_luogslRa0B1qha75vo1_500.gif

photo tumblr_mopq2rkdje1s1qcd0o1_500.jpg

photo tumblr_moq838iGvD1rin3ljo1_500.jpg

photo tumblr_mf2xrqU5bB1rltg59o1_500.gif

SYDNEY

I am in love with my best friend

KYLER

She was untouchable. She was everything to me

Sydney and Kyler were best friends forever and hide their feelings towards each other. As their annual holidays, Sydney, Kyler and bunch of mates were going skiing. Due to situation, they were stranded together and the heat turns on. They discover themselves. There was frustration, where I just wanted to know their heads t
Patrycja
Nov 02, 2012 Patrycja rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, 2013

THIS IS FOREVER

Frigid is another amazing and spectacular love story created by the best modern romance writer Jennifer L Armentrout. With every new book she's publishing, I am all in love with it after only a few pages. She mesmerizes readers by her extraordinary way of telling stories, flowing, quick, amusing and full of spunk style of writing. She knows excatly how to captivate me and hold my attention to the very last page. Doesn't matter if it's paranormal book or contemporary novel.
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 27, 2013 Aestas Book Blog rated it really liked it

This was a cute, fluffy "friends-to-lovers" New Adult romance and while it was very predictable, it was also just light, sexy and fun.

It had several laughs, and a lot of steam in the second half and despite the plot being very predictable, sometimes you really need that - especially after a particularly dark or intense read.

The story is about Kyler and Sydney who had been inseparable best friends since childhood ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Bu
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

I liked, but didn't love this one. (Maybe I was expecting too much after my total obsession with Cam). I liked the beginning, and wow, I felt every second angst from Sydney's seemingly unrequited love for Kyler. But at some point, when they were both dancing around their feeling and attraction, while spending WAY to much time thinking about how they weren't good enough for the other, I just got frustrated and bored.

You'd think then that I would have welcomed the "action" thrown in at the end, b
Jen
May 04, 2013 Jen rated it really liked it
4 Cute Friends to Lovers Stars

I liked so many things about this book, despite the fact I wanted to strangle them both on more than one occasion. Communicate, People!!!

Full review to come. Maybe.
  • Obsession
  • Catching Liam (Good Girls Don't, #1)
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Faking It (Losing It, #2)
  • The Impact of You
  • No Attachments (Woodfalls Girls, #1)
  • Dangerous to Know & Love
  • Redesigned (Off the Subject, #2)
  • A Little Too Far (A Little Too Far, #1)
  • Twisted Perfection (Rosemary Beach, #5; Perfection, #1)
  • Into the Deep (Into the Deep, #1)
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5)
  • Scars and Songs (Mad World, #3)
  • The Forever of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #2)
  • Emancipating Andie
  • Up in Flames
  • Girl with Guitar (Kylie Ryans, #1)
  • Escaping Me (Escaping, #1)
A pseudonym for Jennifer L. Armentrout.

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true.

Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watching zombie movies, and pretending to write.

More about J. Lynn...

Frigid (2 books)
  • Scorched (Frigid, #2)

“How much snow are they calling for?” “Somewhere between a lot and holy fuck.” 133 likes
“If I fall and break my neck, will you say something nice at my funeral?"

"Like 'Kyler was usually more graceful?”
100 likes