Jump to ratings and reviews

Be Still: Simple Keys to Living a Spiritual Life in a Material World

Why do we spend so much time looking outside of ourselves when all the great spiritual teachers of the past tell us, quite clearly, that we can find all that we need within? Throughout our lives we are conditioned to believe that nothing is easy. From early childhood we are taught that if something is worth having, then it has to be worked for and earned. In school we learn that we have to compete, to be the best. In our religious institutions we are told that god punishes those who do not conform or obey. Governments tell us that in order to have world peace, we must fight for it. Discover the simple keys to living a fulfilled, content, peaceful and abundant life. Jim Fox deals with many areas of life that would appear to present us with obstacles to living in harmony with the divine source. Be Still shows how to make these seeming obstacles disappear, making the path to peace and enlightenment an easy and enjoyable road to travel.

145 pages, Paperback

First published September 5, 2012

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Jim Fox

1 book3 followers
Born in the English Midlands but now resident in South Wales, Jim Fox is a writer, inspirational speaker and spiritual teacher.

After spending many years as a professional musician, performing throughout the UK and Scandinavia he trained as a Sound Therapist & Healer.

He went on to set up an Holistic Centre in Swansea, South Wales which provides a space for Complementary Therapies, Teaching, Training Workshops, Meditation Classes and Spiritual Awareness events. He is also joint editor of the on-line holistic magazine, "Labyrinth"
www.labyrinthmagazine.co.uk

He now spends his time between running The Centre, touring the country speaking at events and workshops, and writing.

Jim is married to Kiera and has two grown up daughters, Donna & Rhian.

His book "Be Still, Simple Keys to Living a Spiritual Life in a Material World" is available through Amazon, Waterstones and via Jim's own website at
www.jimfox.info/pages/be-still.php

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews
Profile Image for Holly.
35 reviews1 follower
December 8, 2012
I won this book in a goodreads giveway.
I enjoyed most of the book. There were some very good points on living a simple life and I found his examples hit home in many ways.

Why did I not give the book a better rating? There was an odd chapter towards the end of the book that instructed us to pay our therapists. I mean, I get it. I have many artistic friends that are not paid what they are worth, but in the flow of this book about living a simple life I'm suddenly hit with 'pay me what I'm worth'
It felt odd and stuck out like a sore thumb and really ruined the rest of the book for me.
Profile Image for Christoph Fischer.
Author 41 books474 followers
November 2, 2012
The simple keys in this book are exactly that: Simple and basic pieces of thoughts, wisdom and knowledge to put the everyday madness of modern life in to a more spiritual context. The basic theme, to BE STILL, runs through each of the chapters, to demonstrate how easy life can be and actually is.
This simple but highly effective concept makes this simple and effective idea easy to grasp for everyone.
I can only recommend it to anyone new or experienced in Spiritual Teachings.
Profile Image for Martin Dale.
1 review
December 5, 2012
Great book and very easy reading. The central message - to be still in order to allow positive aspects of life to flow unhindered - is gently drummed in to the accompaniment of anecdotal examples and well-told parables. As the author states at the start, there is not much new here. Rather it is a useful reminder to those of us who get lost in the material world from time to time, to stop up, chill out and be still.
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.