Start by marking “Gustav's Gargoyle Adventure (Wolves of Stone Ridge #14)” as Want to Read:
Gustav's Gargoyle Adventure (Wolves of Stone Ridge #14)

Gustav's Gargoyle Adventure

(Wolves of Stone Ridge #14)

Out of the Cage: When your mate can just fly away, you need to give him a reason to stay.

Gustav Hermance is finally putting his life back together. He’s landed a job as a foreman for a construction company, he hasn’t suffered a panic attack in months, and he’s found an apartment of his own. Gus’s hard-earned independence has helped him put the experiments the scientists c
Published November 1st 2012 by Extasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Gustav's Gargoyle Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gustav's Gargoyle Adventure

Barbara➰
Well, I'm totally reading these out of order but after reading Trill To Me Sweetly, I wanted to find out Gus's and Tible's story. This was a sweet mate story. Tible was innocent of gargoyle ways. Gus was a good mate to him. I wonder if we get to see the egg hatch in later stories.
Now I'm interested in Declan and Lark's story. On to the next. Like I said, totally out of order.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.75*
Um..ok, I'll start with the easy stuff first.
Gus is a white rhino shifter ( gotta love these cool and unusual shifters) and he keeps scenting his mate but can't seem to find him. With the help of a few fellow shifters and a vampire he finds his mate Tible, and he's a gargoyle.
Well, as to be expected they fall into heavy/hot and steamy lust then love, all is well in mating-land, but then for some reason Gus has an ache that just won't heal. Ooops.....
(view spoiler)
Feliz
Gah. Can't rate this.

I read this knowing I was in for some funny and mindless entertainment, and that was what I got. A rhino shifter and a gargoyle? Nice, especially if the rhino is 6'6 and the gargoyle 5'10 or so. Add to that a veritable menagerie of shifters (elephant, tiger, wolves (with a fake Irish accent), gazelle, raven, lizard, bunny (!), coyote...did I miss something?) and paranormal beings (a vampire who`s mated to the bunny...), fated mates, jumping bones instead of shaking hands and
Hc
Wow! I loved the new character and the intro into gargoyles. (view spoiler) Felt like this breathed fresh air into the series!
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
They keep saying he's moving away like he's leaving the pack. But he's just moving off site.

Awesome that the man was described as Caucasian. That never happens. People are only described by race if they're not white. But the other person in the room isn't human and has gray skin I think and still it came up. So cool. I want to know what the gargoyle looks like when he's animate as opposed to stone.

Big guy bottoming. Awesome.

So far this is the most boring shifter book I've ever read. No plot a
Lilli *slowest reader ever*
1,5 stars

Well, I'm dazed and confused after finishing this. It was fun until they finally got a hold of the gargoyle but then plot and characters somehow went downhill fast. Other things, too, but that's for yourself to find out.

I loved the gargoyle thing and I'd love to read more books including weird things and creatures. (view spoiler) Even if the rest of that story might be as blah as this one. Yep.
Ter
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
No kidnapping, no evil guys taking over story. yay.
Just the main MCs and friends....
Lucy
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lucy by: Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5 Let's admit it - I read it to get to the part about the egg. Mpreg is a fave, and an egg? But wow, have the next book on hand because I want to see the gargoyle rip up Bobby's abuser.
Allerleihrau
Also diese Autorin und ich, das passt nicht.

Kritikpunkt 1
Ich habe die ganze Zeit darauf gewartet, dass hier jetzt irgendwo mal ein bisschen Plot um die Ecke kommt.
Da muss in der Serie vorher doch eine ganze Menge passiert sein, wenn ich die Hinweise richtig deute, aber in der Geschichte hier passiert nicht wirklich was.
Schade, die Ansätze waren super und der Gargoyle einfach gut ausgedacht.

Kritikpunkt 2
Es ist nicht mal der viele Sex, vor wie hinter den Kulissen der mich stört, es war die Ausd
Sophia
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
Though this one had very little in the way of danger in it, I found that I really enjoyed the story. I had to laugh at the quirky little surprise the mated pair got to experience.

Gus is a rhino shifter who is at the tail end of his recovery from the brutal torture and testing he underwent when he was captured by that secret scientific group. He has a nice job working construction and is now able to move out of Declan's home to his own apartment in Stoney Ridge. Not long afterwards, Gus' extra se
~SexyBookWorm~
I really liked Gus and Tible! They both needed love and acceptance and found it in eachother. The twist at the ending wasn't exactly my cup of tea but I can respect it for not being overdone and new for the series if memory serves. Also cool for bringing in the Gargoyles! !:-)
V
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gargoyles
Wonderful sequel of one of my favorite series.
Sabi
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved this story. It is so wonderful and sweet.
Michi Rosa
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Great book! Rather unexpected mpreg, but perfect ('cause I luuuuuuv mpreg!).
Very pleasant to read.

Can't wait to read Maelgwn story!!
Katalina
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book exceeded my expectations and I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at one point, I loved this and can't wait for the next book ;)
Angela
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifters
Very endearing characters. I loved the original lore and twist at the end. I highly recommend this to anyone who's a fan of paranormal mate books.
LaShonta
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one. I think its my favorite of this series.
Erticchic378
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the fact that this story was all about the MC's and not the crazy scientists or any serious dangers. The new characters were funny. I can't wait to read their stories.
Katherine
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New discoveries and new love

Went back to read this book that first introduces the gargoyles and was not disappointed!

Gus is a rhino shifter who was rescued from a research facility. He is now staying with the wolf pack that rescued him, since his former herd had issues with him being gay. Finally feeling more settled since his rescue, Gus scents his mate at this work site but only in passing. Curious, the pack helps him go at night to see what is happening. To everyone's surprise they find a gar
Chancey Knowles
I rate books comparatively by purpose and size. With these, it's all about brain candy to pass time: No real depth. Instant love, Easy resolutions, and NOT the best editing. But... Sometimes a little fluff is good, especially if you've just read a gut wrenching book that tears your heart out or you are struggling to focus etc...

I don't buy a lot of fluff anymore, but I love gargoyles. This story had potential and it served is purpose. It was average for this type of book. Nothing stood out at as
Jab Forbes
Um...

Ok. So I overall enjoyed this book. Both characters were charming. I do find the mythology being built around Gargoyles rather bland, despite the authors best effort.
It was around halfway thru that I realized there'd be some for of mpreg. Which is NOT my interest.
I did find it in keeping with the series and a fine addition.
Gerald Sessions
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Birth

Gus gets a job and fiends his mate. Tible a gargoyle was not raised by gargoyles. Friends help them connect. Malgewin is brought in to help. This is into to the book where he meets his mate Bobby in the paranormal romance series
Sandra Walker
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rhino & Gargoyle

This is crazy unbelievable a male rhino giving birth to a gargoyle egg. The appendix acts as a carrier for the egg wow. Love can be weird crazy.
Nagisa Furukawa
May 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
A warning would have been nice, I don't go for Mpregnancies & I don't like them at all.
Julie scott
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gustav's Gargoyle Adventures (Wolves of Stone Ridge Book 14)

This was great i loved it and I can't wait to read more of this series and I will be reading it next too...
The TBR Pile *Book review site*

This is a sweet well-written book about some unlikely shifters getting together and a whole bunch of clutching your stomach humor along the way. There is no angst to the plot but nor is there any villains.I love Gustav, he’s a gentle giant all the way around. He might have been a victim of abuse but he is shown as realistically handling things and not as a victim but as a survivor. He’s quirks in the book are relatable but emphasized to give added humor, w
Morgan  Skye
I love this book for several reasons. First, this is when we are introduced to Gargoyles and it is the start of the spin off “A Paranormal’s Love” series (https://www.goodreads.com/series/96695). It also has Tible who is a gargoyle without a clutch and he goes through all the new mating stuff on his own!

Second, without spoiling too much, we also have our first mpreg of the series (I think it’s the first.) and it was awesome!

Third, there are a some fun dynamics between the giant and the smaller
Phaney
Mar 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Heh. Okay, I have no real complaints. It was a nice story, if not too gripping for reasons that might have to do more with my condition than the actual book. Who knows.

(view spoiler)
Ana
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Angela

• Craving a Lion (Pride Valley #2)
  • The Lynx Who Purred for a Sidhe Prince (Mate or Meal #9)
  • Unconventional Mate (Katzman, #5)
  • Nate's Deputy (Shifters' Haven, #5)
  • A Very Shaney Valentine's Day (Lost Shifters #17)
  • A Shadow of Wings
  • To Have a Human (Banded Brothers #1)

Wolves of Stone Ridge (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Werewolf at the Zoo (Wolves of Stone Ridge #1)
  • Alpha's Prerogative (Wolves of Stone Ridge #2)
  • Accepting His Animal (Wolves of Stone Ridge #3)
  • Accepting His Human (Wolves of Stone Ridge #4)
  • Finding Balance (Wolves of Stone Ridge #5)
  • Goading the Enforcer (Wolves of Stone Ridge #6)
  • Through Dagus's Eyes (Wolves of Stone Ridge #7)
  • Loving the Enemy (Wolves of Stone Ridge #8)
  • Casey's Love Bite (Wolves of Stone Ridge #9)
  • The Wolf Biker's Mate (Wolves of Stone Ridge #10)