Start by marking “Blood and Roses (Shadow Stalkers #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood and Roses (Shadow Stalkers #3)

Blood and Roses

(Shadow Stalkers #3)

When insurance investigator Anastasia Miller sets out to retrieve the rose- hued pink diamonds stolen in a recent heist, she finds herself working alongside former flame, deputy U.S. Marshal Jake Monroe-the man she loved enough to leave behind.
Published February 21st 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Blood and Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood and Roses

Dαɴιjα

Blood and Roses is supposedly book three in this series, but it really is a standalone. All of these stories are, actually. And while the characters from the first two appear in both of them, everything in Blood and Roses is completely new. Well, there is one familiar character being mentioned several times: Gideon Cross, you might remember him. ;) He never made an actual appearance, unfortunately, but did play a part in the plot off the pages. A valuable crown was stolen, and a guard shot in th
Aly is so frigging bored
Carmen
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

Awesome read loved it wanted to keep reading lol thank you Sylvia for your amazing writing words characters please don't stop
Sarah Louise
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
It was a short fun filled read,loved the intensity between Jake and Ana and how she wanted to change her ways so Jake and her could have. Future together.After so many years of being apart but still having a passionate and burning desire for one another...He was so her Romeo :-).
Well written and the action wuss fun to read :-)
Holly
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I liked the story of this book but it was not worth the $3. I spent on it. It was such a short book, that I finished it under 30 minutes.
Amanda Dotson
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as good as the others

I love this shadow stalker series! Day did a great job with these novella style books. They're all quick reads but also very engaging.
Ketta
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a short story but a good one. Would love to read more about Ana and Jake!!
Nishtha
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I knew it was a short read when I started it, so I definitely loved it..:)
lydia joy
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Funny — the reason why I even picked up this novella series was because I was most intrigued by this title, however I liked this one the least. While my kindle marks this as the fourth in the series, Goodreads marks it as the third, so I picked it up before On Fire. Not very sadly, I don’t think I’ll be continuing with the series; while it offers what I’m calling a “quick fix romance”, it’s nothing that I couldn’t already get with another romance — a romance that actually features a good plot al ...more
TinaMarie
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
2012, Publ by Sylvia Day, I need to preface with I walked away from this story several times because the beginning just didn't appeal to me, by the end I was wanting more of their story. She's from a grifter family and he's a cop, she walked away from him in the past because she couldn't see how to reconcile her family with his nature. When he sees her again he's not going to take no for an answer.
Heather
Super short, decently entertaining story, heavier on tbe action than on romance; A few more pages dedicated to the relationship would have complimented the well written action, but was good enough for a such a short stort.
Amee
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Liked the tie-in to Crossfire.
Story really felt like it was missing big chunks though. Didn't like the jump at the end.
Kay Phoenix
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Quick, entertaining read. Got enough of a backstory that I rooted for them to find their happily ever after. Wished it was longer though. Felt like there was a bigger story there.
Teresa Alesi
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cross aced it

Another great story line. Adding Gideon in was great. Good to see him in New print again. Fantastic plot. Sylvia Day you are brilliant!!
Kathryn Linford
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Very good book and easy to read. Doesn't take long though would be my only negative looking for a sequel if there is one
Suzana
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Short

Hi was expecting a connection between this book and the crossfire books.

Very short book and without that excitement which Sylvia day has normally get use.

Kathy
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Valerie
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime
Love a good crime story... this was a short one, and I think it must of been a tester because this really could be drawn into a series. There was some past love that we were able to explore, and then the reentrance into today.

Anastasia is an insurance investigator, and good thing as her family seems to be always mixed up into something corrupt. She hates having to get them out of trouble yet its a good percentage. She's was and is in love with the local deputy Jake Monroe who is determined to g
Caitlin
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
I won't hesitate to admit that normally, I wouldn't bother touching a Day novel. However, this one came up on the library's website and, well, the cover was pretty, it was free, and it was short. I figured why not!

I was a little bit pleasantly surprised in some respects, I liked it a bit more than I expected to. Still, it wasn't really anything special. The plot was very generic and even a bit juvenile.

Worth it in a case of being able to get it from a library, like I did, but I don't know that I
Kate
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Too short of a story to really get into. I certainly wouldn't pay to buy it, and I'm on the fence about whether it was a waste of time. I didn't particularly like either of the characters, although Anastasia especially got on my nerves. I didn't think the book dealt with her main objection to being together (that he would feel guilty about breaking the law) because after they did the story ends almost immediately. It was meh for me.
J.L.
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a short story. It is about an insurance broker (Ana) who has the mind of a criminal and comes back to her home town and her past love to save her family. Her family, mastermind criminals, get caught up in a heist where someone is murdered and the two main characters, Jake the US Marshall and true love of Ana have to save the day.
Lee Jensen
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have an appetite for some quick sex scenes' latent ng with a great story,.then.this is the series for you!.spec scenes sleep ok mg with a good story,y then.this s the series for you!you! ,,,,=.

If you like quick a b d funny sex scenes that are appropriate for the story, then this series is the place to be. The characters are full and complete
Ashley Nelson
This was a good novella and I enjoyed it. There was satisfactory backstory and plotting. The potential for much more is here, so it makes me wish the author had made this into a full length book. Liked the reference to Gideon Cross. Maybe these characters will show up one day back in his universe. 3.5 stars.
Adele
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it
As far as short stories go it was alright. It jumped about an awful lot, but then there's not a great deal that can happen in under fifty pages. I think I'd have to read the others in the series to see if they fill in any of the gaps, as it kind of felt like you got chucked in and then left waiting. I like a little more with my story thanks! Still I've read worse.
Jay
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
not a crossfire story, but who doesn't love a few Gideon Cross encounters in a good book?

nice little story, but it really could've been a full novel, or even a series! I really enjoyed it although I would've liked to know more; of everything - past, present, future... just more! but hey, I enjoyed it while it lasted ;-)
Nichole Barocio
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
thankfully, i didn't pay for this short story. i checked out from the library. for an avid reader, someone that goes through books quickly, this is not a book. it was over before it even began. it had such potential with a bit of intrigue, love and sex but then it came to an abrupt end. was not happy.
Rachel
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-story, ebook
Short story that continues the U.S. Marshals series with peripheral reference to Crossfire characters. I actually like these little bite-sized morsels of mind candy. Perfect size for very light reading. I read the ebook. 4/5
Natasha  A.
May 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
I get all excited because OH! Sylvia Day! New! YEAH!
And....40 some odd pages
That's it.
I really enjoy Ms. Day's writing, but I really wish she would concentrate on some longer reads rather than all these shorts. :)
Kelly
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Weakest link

This book in my opinion was the weakest one in the shadow stalker series. Other three were much better stories. Also had a little tie over from the crossfire series which could have been good but it was more confusing than compelling.
Kayleigh Knights
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised this somehow tied into the Crossfire novels but not quite sure why. It would have been better if she wrote more about that. It just became confusing as to why Gideon Cross was in it at all?!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Warfare and Sin City (Marked #3.2, #3.5)
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • Perfect Kisses
  • Guns and Roses (PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher, #8.5; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Wicked Reads
  • Alluring Tales: Awaken the Fantasy
  • The Mastering  (Death Row, #4)
  • Best Erotic Romance
  • Magic and Mayhem
  • All That He Demands (The Billionaire's Seduction, #3)
  • The Professor (Becoming Jane, #1)
  • Prepared to Please (Cyber Sex, #1)
  • Taste of Candy
  • One Regret (One Series Novella #3)
  • My Tessa
  • Total Control (Losing Control, #3)
  • Love to Love Her (Silver State Series)
  • In a Reckless Moment (Brothers of the Absinthe Club, #4)
Sylvia Day is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, #1 Sunday Times, #1 Globe and Mail, #1 Der Spiegel, and #1 international bestselling author of over twenty award-winning novels sold in more than forty countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in twenty-eight countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit the author at www.sylviaday.com

Shadow Stalkers (4 books)
  • Razor's Edge (Shadow Stalkers #1)
  • Taking the Heat (Shadow Stalkers #2)
  • On Fire (Shadow Stalkers #4)
“Did you know that jewelry shop is a Cross Industries property? Gideon Cross has offered a quarter-million dollar reward for information leading to the arrest of the thieves.” 1 likes