Start by marking “Being Delightful” as Want to Read:

Being Delightful

When Petra and Jack meet at the wedding of his brother and her sister, they agree that sarcasm, alcohol, and sex just might make the event bearable.
Published October 21st 2012 by What Shayne Wants

Start your review of Being Delightful
DKristin
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay, yes it was a short story. It all happened very quickly. It is absolutely unrealistic to think that could happen for anyone... but it was fan-freaking-tastic!!!

Jack was a doll and managed to remain all man even while being cotton candy sweet! Petra was fantastic and the right balance of witty and sarcastic and vulnerable!

These two together are quivering nether regions hot!!! LOVED IT!

::Quotage:: (Yes, I am aware that's not a real word!)

"I'm honest. I will tell the truth no matter how mu
Brittany Reece
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The divine Ms. McClendon has done it again!
Being Delightful was truly a delight to read! For once, the heroine wasn't a pencil thin classic beauty who did everything right (not that there is anything wrong with those types of heroines, but Petra was just amazing!)

Petra- snarky, snarky, snarky, and slightly bitchy Petra. I loved her from the first sentence!

When Petra is forced into being a bridesmaid for her perfect sister, she does so, for the sake of her mother.
What sister wouldn't want to be t
~ Cariad ~
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
For fans of insta-love this'll be a 5!

I loved the story, banter and sexy bits - just what I needed this morning!
Annette
What a surprise this short story was. Loved it!
RoloPoloBookBlog
Being Delightful by Shayne McClendon
Source: Purchase
Rating: 4½/5 stars

** Review and novella contain naughty language and naughty bits. 18 and over only, please  **

“It was funny watching the man you had once contemplated spending the rest of your life with marrying your bitch of a sister.” (loc. 8%) OUCH! Normally I would offer my sincerest condolences to any girl who had to endure such awfulness but Petra is a different kind of girl. Petra is a delightfully bitchy girl who not only owns her bit
Ivy Deluca
Jun 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Picked this up as a free read - actually two novellas in one e-book. The first story, started off promisingly and had alot of snarky humor which I greatly enjoyed. I enjoyed the chemistry between Jack and Petra and if this had been the beginning of a full length novel, I would have been completely happy. Then it was as if it zoomed straight into HEA, just OTT with how perfect the hero views the heroine and how he wants to be with her forever, despite them just having met that night. Which was sw ...more
Jenny
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In the acknowledgements of this book/novella, Shayne says "For every person who reads my stories, and finds a little piece of themselves to one of my characters . . . you aren't the only one." I found myself with Petra.

Now, my sister didn't marry my ex-boyfriend . . . and I am not a plus-size Greek chick but man, she is just as sarcastic as I am and it was refreshing to read. I am often consider an a**hole but her tag line of "Sometimes being bitchy is funny . . ." is downright fitting.

That bein
Deborah
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon-done
I loved both short stories in this pack.

Being Delightful: This was such a hoot! Jack had his sights on Petra long before she ever knew him. I think it is outrageous what their mothers made them endure for the sake of their siblings! Petra is "taking one for the team" after finding her fiance in bed with her sister and mom is making her be the maid of honor now at their wedding! Petra is snarky and I loved it! Some of the things she said just makes you burst out laughing! Jack on the other hand i
Elly Helcl
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Big girl erotica isn't for anyone...in fact, not everyone should/or can write it.

This isn't true for this author. She not only nailed how fat girls think on the head, she also gave her fat girl a strong, wonderful man to carry (literally not figuratively) her through life.

But the best part of this book was the wit. It was on every page, it was snarky, it was silly, it was flat out sarcastic and our H and H were eating it up! I wondered how on earth the author could keep it up through out the e
Cinta
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Erotic short story that I have enjoyed quite a lot. I love reading erotic stories with a plot and well-developed characters. When Petra unwillingly attends to her sister's wedding, she is far from knowing that she would meet the most incredible man ever.

This story is filled with charm, wit, sarcasm, and really hot sex scenes. All of that makes of this story a really delightful read. The surprising thing is that it is written using the first-person narrator. I normally don't like that in a book,
Jm
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A quick read. (a few hours w/breaks) Enjoyed the female lead's humor, was quick witted, sarcastic and blunt. Liked how the lead roles had a quick connection and amused themselves together (literally @ 1st) during what could have been a miserable night for both otherwise. If you want a quick, humorous, sexy read, this fits the bill. Bonus- was a freebie.
***Spoiler*** The female lead is a plus size girl, but doesn't distract.
Sandra
It's so close to being 5 stars, that I gave it 5 stars.. If we're being picky, it's about a 4.75 star read. I loved this book.

I am so not a fan of siblings (or family members) dating someone their brother or sister (or family member) has previously dated, but I got over that for this book.

This was funny, sweet, sexy and I LOVE it.

PS - I didn't realize I've read some of Shayne McClendon books before. She is fast becoming one of my favorites!!
Joanie
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
So, I'm in love with Jack! What a hottie & a sweetie! I definitely need me a man like that in my life!
Sex was freakin' hot & I loved the way they talked to each other.
Petra was an awesome chick...I can totally relate to her.
Becky
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I can't wait for more.
MrsSwt
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fast, funny, easy read. Loved the erotica parts, but glad it had a story to go with it.
Monica Martinez
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
FUNNY and HOT!!! Petra had me laughing my butt off! Great steamy short story! And it includes a bonus short story that is just as good!
Zuleika Noguera
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-ready-read
Amazingly written. I fell in love with the characters in this book. Shoot they made me feel I was there giving n receiving. So much love
Laura Ball
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable, funny, sexy read. Will be reading from this author
Suzie
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read, enjoyable story.
 Patches Braz
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a Great Little Short Read, Heat was Awesome!! Storyline was fantastic!
Angelina
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Shayne's writing!
This saucy number was just as good the 2nd read around as the 1st!
Anima
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Smart, funny, and sexy. Two novellas in one, surprise. Petra is sassy and doesn't hold back, my kind of heroine. Jack is powerful and poetic in his sweet words. Lovely quick read.
Jenny Miller
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
hilarious & quite steamy (wink wink). a very enjoyable short story. ...more
Debby
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Delightful HEA story (yes I know ;) )

A woman with a strong sense of self finds that she was lucky that her boyfriend decided he preferred her sister. Both he and her sister are made for each other in their self entitlement. At their wedding, which her mother had to bribe her into "attending", she meets her ex's brother. He is a whole different type of male that joins her in her style of making the best of things.

Cheryl (Gwyneiira's Book Blog)
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Being Delightful is a yummy scrumptious and delightful read! It's a pretty short book but no regrets there! Everyone should definitely read this book.

I've always loved a good story about a curvy, full figure woman (with how judgmental society is about women and their figures) and an amazing alpha male.

Now, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE PETRA <3 I love how witty, sarcastic and honest she is. I love how feisty she is. And Jack...oh my gosh Jack. Where should I start. He is definitely definitely an a
Karenvancoppenolle
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Petra and Jack are epic together. wow, wow, wow and again wow, read the story, fall in love with these characters. I did and I loved every single bit of this story. Then I get blessed by an other surprise short story in this book. Chloe an Joshua wow again. they are so in love with each other wow. I'm almost getting lost in my praises for this wonderful writer called Shayne. By now you all think of me as biased, but let me tell you, I do read other stories by other writes that I also like a lot. ...more
Katerina
Two plus sized Cinderella stories with a similar theme.

The moment the heroes laid eyes on the heroines for the first time, they were head over heels in love.
And when opportunity arose, they grabbed at it without the slightest hesitation.
The heroines did not stand a chance of having second thoughts!
Talking about being swept away by rhetorical abilities...
Both heroes/princes are two of the chattiest characters you will ever come across in such reads.
I have come to expect this from this author, but
Adriana
Being Delightful by Shayne McClendon

3 Stars-Good
Funny, Snarky, Sarcastic, Sexy, Hot and funny bears repeating because this story had me chuckling all the way through it. All kinds of zingers that need to be read in context to appreciate the character that is Petra.

Being More
3 Stars-Good
This was a feel good story that left me…feeling good. Simply…Sweet and Sexy.

Both stories were a joy to read and I recommend them to everyone who needs the occasional break from angst driven novels
Karoline
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I cannot put into words how much I love Shayne McClendon. Every book I read becomes my favorite. I loved this book, Jack and Petra were hilarious, but there were parts when Jack made me swoon, he was perfect. Some of the things he said to Petra were so sweet. Why can't guys like him exist in real life??
Michelle4
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 stars.

• The Legend of the Bloodstone (Time Walkers #1)
  • The Highlander's Reluctant Bride (The Highlander's Bride #2)
  • Castle Mountain Lodge Romance
  • Nasty: Curvy Girls & Alpha Mind Readers (Hot Shorts Book 1)
  • Antarctic Affair
  • The Trouble with Twelfth Grave (Charley Davidson, #12)
  • Prince Hudson (Alpha Bear Princes, #1)
  • Her Billionaire Rancher Boss (A Cowboy of Her Own, #1)
  • Caroline (Beauvisage, #1)
  • Dare to Submit (NY Dares, #2)
  • The Black Door (Door Trilogy #2)
  • Blyss (The Blyss Trilogy, #1)
  • Highland Legacy (The Fraser Brothers Trilogy #1)
  • Bittersweet Obsession
  • Seducing the Spinster: A Novella (Brides of Scandal Book 4)
  • Always on the Run (Always the Bridesmaid, #2)
  • Captives' Charade
  • All I Want - A Tryst with a Twist
If you’re looking for stories that tug at your heart, make you laugh out loud, and sometimes make you cry so hard you need a giant box of tissues…look no further than books by Shayne McClendon.

She’s a prolific author (more than 8 million words and counting) known for dramatic, steamy, enthralling fiction that will grab you and not let go until the last page.

A nomad at heart, Shayne currently lives

News & Interviews

“I'm not angry, hurt, or otherwise unstable. You know, unless you count what I was born with.” 3 likes
“Sometimes being bitchy is funny...” 2 likes