Start by marking “BUZZ” as Want to Read:
BUZZ

BUZZ

Born in 1969 on the day of the first moon landing, Buzz is the only American-born child in a Czech political refugee immigrant family. Adrift between Old World and New, feeling alienated by so-called progress, Buzz struggles to find connection in New York City's stultifying Long Island suburbs. When saying goodbye to his step-father for the last time, Buzz inherits his chi ...more
Published October 28th 2012 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published August 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about BUZZ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BUZZ

Start your review of BUZZ
Jeridel Banks
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who has read Buzz by Robert Zverina probably wonders the same thing.

“Houston, we have a problem. Why isn’t this book under a big publisher?”

Orbiting the moon landing of the U.S. Apollo 11 in 1969, Buzz tells the ordinary tale of Buzz Polstar, the son of Czech political refugees, and his time growing up in Long Island. Buzz showcases Polstar’s nostalgic childhood in the 1960’s, his mundane college career, and his apathetic adulthood.

What makes this book a brilliant read is the witty yet ref
Guillermo Galvan
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading Buzz, the debut novel by indie writer Robert Zverina. The cover depicting an old school ride cruising by the dark side of the moon told me I was in for something special. I dived into the book without the slightest idea what it was even about. “Robert Zverina? Never heard of him.” I simply picked him up and started reading.

Immediately I encountered a laid back and confident writing style that was easy to get into. The story is told from the first point perspective of Buz
Al
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-2014
Like Buzz, I’ve always felt a strong … connection, for lack of a better way to put it, to the Apollo 11 mission, specifically the first moonwalk. In the case of Buzz, our protagonist, that was the day he was born. For me, it was my eleventh birthday. I thought turning 11 and Apollo 11 was symbolic of something. So I was primed to feel a connection with Buzz.

In some ways I did. As Buzz reacts to different historical events, I could relate, even if from the perspective of someone a few
Anne Moore
May 02, 2013
Amy Bates
May 28, 2014
Robert Zverina
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
John B
Lydia Bornschlegl
Feb 26, 2019
Sadie
Mar 19, 2019
Born in Liberty, NY in 1969, Robert Zverina is the only American-born child of Czech political refugees. He grew up on Long Island and graduated from a prestigious northeastern university with a BA on English. He drove a classic GM V8 automobile for years to jobs in a dishroom and mall bookstore, but he hopes the similarities to his first novel's protagonist Buzz Polstar end there.

Robe