Start by marking “Blood Fugue” as Want to Read:
Blood Fugue

Blood Fugue

Reclusive outdoorsman, Jimmy Kerrigan, finds himself battling a vampiric plague which threatens to destroy Hobson's Valley, the isolated mountain community he calls home. When his family, friends and neighbours fall prey to the 'Fugue', Kerrigan is the only one who can save them and prevent the disease spreading beyond the remote town's boundaries.Kerrigan is uniquely equi ...more
Published November 16th 2012 by Salt Publishing (first published October 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Fugue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Fugue

Nathan Robinson
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Blood Fugue by Joseph D’Lacey

Reclusive outdoorsman, Jimmy Kerrigan, finds himself battling a vampiric plague which threatens to destroy Hobson’s Valley, the isolated mountain community he calls home. When his family, friends and neighbours fall prey to the ‘Fugue’, Kerrigan is the only one who can save them and prevent the disease spreading beyond the remote town’s boundaries. . .
It would be best if you dismissed any expectations of a traditional vampire story before you begin to read ‘Blood Fug
Kat
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My first introduction to Joseph D'Lacey was his eco-horror novel, Meat. I listened to it on audiobook the first time around, and I was so entranced by it that I ended up purchasing and reading the print version a year or so later. So when I was given an opportunity via Joseph and his publisher, Salt Publishing, to read and review his latest book, Blood Fugue, I was so keen to get started I pushed all my other reading aside and read it immediately.

Blood Fugue is definitely not for the faint heart
Richard Kellum
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
There's something happening in British horror-writing these days. And Joseph D'Lacey and Adam Nevill are the ones doing it. In Blood Fugue, D'Lacey has gifted us with vampires the likes of which we've never before encountered. To say that what he has done with them verges on the visionary is to sell them short. They are some of the most disturbing, sickening, and alluring beings I've ever come across. They revolt me at the same time as they fill me with a kind of sick wonder.

Then comes the hunte
Don Roff
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
From the riveting, sexually charged opening chapter of Blood Fugue, the reader knows they’re in good, if a little twisted, hands. D’Lacey’s tale blasted through 265 blood-soaked pages in a fevered frenzy. Haven’t had this much fun with a dark tale since Wilson’s The Keep. It’s vampires pumped up on steroids and raunchy as hell, making Stoker’s Dracula blush and Myer’s vamps in Twilight seem even more like sparkly, emo wimps.
Trace
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
3 and a half stars but as you know there are no half stars for me to use!! This book was good but not great and I enjoyed my small amount of time with it. It started off good yet tapered off to a place at the end I found a little over the top. Nevertheless if you can suspend your imagination a little more than myself, you will definitely enjoy this vampire novel!
Edited my review to add that I definitely read more of D'lacey's books in the future and Meat is still one of my fav's :-)
Rob Twinem
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Original and readable take on the vampire theme which I thought was good until the midway point but then dissolved into the raging battle of good v evil...and I fell asleep.ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Mary
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
once again, Mr d' Lacey does not disappoint.Fast- paced and exquisitely written as always . Loved it!
Jean
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Proper old school horror
Paul
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Kerrigan is uniquely equipped to deal with the outbreak. He carries a variant strain of Fugue enabling him to overcome and heal its victims. However,
Zoey
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jimmy Kerrigan, unbeknownst to him, is the only man that can fight the infected. Those with the 'Fugue'. You wouldn't think so of a man who is afraid of the dark and wets the bed. He follows rituals he doesn't understand, and has no knowledge of why. He just wants to live in his cabin at the bottom of the mountain with his cat. (and who wouldn't!) But ever the philanthropist, his need to help others is inherent.

And a good job, too. Those infected with the Fugue are foul and strangely charming. B
Gavin Gates
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Vampire novels, sadly these have turned into flowery love stories about sparkling teens in their 100+ years existence. Sad times. In contrast Joseph D'lacey steps through and delivers a first round K.O. Blood Fugue is, unlike the now standard vampire novel as scary and gruesome as it gets. In the most complimentary way possible I felt like I had achieved something making it to the end of this one. The slant on vampires, the memory deficient and incredibly violent 'Fugue', is original and very we ...more
Pete Aldin
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-reads
Racey, pacy and so so original. I've only ever read two other vampire books (one of them Dracula) and had no interest in reading more. But this is the most satisfyingly frightening take of vampirism I could hope for.

Don't read it unless you like lots of sex, blood, pathos, blood, violence, blood, tension and blood.
Charlotte
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great ending - not as deep or as chilling as D'Lacey's other books.
Rob Miller
Feb 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Though I’m sure to upset some authors and publishers who, understandably, want five-star reviews, I’ve my own definition of the five-star system.

*One Star: A crime against God and man.
*Two Stars: Poor, or otherwise not ready for publication.
*Three Stars: A solid work worth the money/read.
*Four Stars: A superior, award-worthy achievement.
*Five Stars: A standard setter, a work to stand the test of time, a work to be studied and read again and again….

Blood Fugue, by Joseph D’Lacey
Wonderful vampiric
Theresa Derwin
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome book. Review on www.terror-tree.co.uk
Imogen Paradise
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very sexy, very scary. Thrills & chills and lots of twists. Original & compelling.
Joseph Silver
An interesting spin on vampires. Intense sexual descriptions and some grotesque scenes make this perfect for every sick puppy out there.
Dave-Brendon Burgh
Jan 06, 2015
Becca Reho
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways-wins
Firstly; to be clear, I don't think I'm really the target audience for this book. That said; overall, I enjoyed it.

I won this book as a Goodreads giveaway and didn't entirely know what to expect. I knew it was horror, but having read some of the other reviews (referring to it as vampire fiction) I was expecting I suppose a sense of dread and general peril. It's actually quite gore heavy, and I don't generally enjoy that much. Probably because of this, it took me a while to get into the book, bu
Elizabeth
Nov 11, 2012
Stuart Yellop
Jun 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Became vegetarian after writing MEAT. Fond of meditation, unfathomable questions and cats.

Repped by Robert Dinsdale.

"Joseph D'Lacey rocks!" Stephen King.