Start by marking “Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction (Sydney Dovedale, #4)” as Want to Read:
Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction (Sydney Dovedale, #4)

Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction

(Sydney Dovedale #4)

Carver Danforthe, Earl of Everscham, has a reputation for being a wild rogue—not for indulging the ambitions of his sister's maid.

But Molly Robbins' unique dress designs have caught the eye of society's elite, and if it means her own dress shop, Molly will make a deal with the devil himself—or his proxy, the notoriously naughty earl.

But becoming his mistress is not a
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published February 4th 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction

Start your review of Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction (Sydney Dovedale, #4)
Mary - Buried Under Romance
Feb 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is my favorite book out of Jayne Fresina's Sydney Dovedale series. I've long awaited Molly and Carver's story, ever since their fated meeting when Molly was just a young girl being employed by Carver's sister, Lady Mercy. Molly remains the practical, sensible, and sweet girl that she was, who slowly becomes tempted by Carver though he, too, gradually begins to have a conscience and learns not too late the important of Molly in his life. This was a truly enjoyable read and I highly recommend ...more
Caz
I've given this a C+ at AAR, so 3.5 stars.

I confess that I was feeling a little jaded when I started reading this book. I’ve read or listened to several titles over the last few weeks which I’d classify as “fluff” – light-hearted, often comedic romances which, while enjoyable, are like the proverbial Chinese meal: Half an hour later you’ve forgotten all about it and want another one! I should also make it clear that I have nothing against “fluff” – in fact, I’m a fan when it’s done well, and
Danielle
Dec 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Molly Robbins, former lady’s maid, has left her fiance at the altar to take her ex-employer’s brother, noted rake Carver Danforthe, up on a drunken offer to loan her the capital to start her own dress shop. In the twelve years in his employ, Molly has always been his Mouse, quiet, stern, and plain. But when she introduces a no tomfoolery clause to the contract, she’s suddenly forbidden. And Carver can’t get her out of his head.

I like that so much in summary! But again, there are too many plot
Jaclyn
Molly Robbins is a former ladies’ maid. She’s jilted her fiancé at her wedded and moved back to London to make a career as a dressmaker. Unfortunately, she has to gain the funds to start her business, which means taking her previous employer up on his (drunken) offer of help. Carver Danforthe, a notorious Earl, has always enjoyed sparring with Molly when she was his sister’s maid and, at the end of the day, not really all that upset to have Molly back in his life. However, Molly has one ...more
Clare O'Beara
Set in Victorian days, this adult romance tale of two classes proves an enjoyable read. There is not much action but plenty of banter. A village girl turned lady's maid has taken her leave to marry, but she bows out and returns to London to design dresses for wealthy ladies. In order to set herself up she will need a loan.

Molly's employer's older brother, Carver Danforthe, is an Earl. He's drunk when he signs a contract to loan Molly money. The girl has learnt to read and sew, observed fashions,
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction (Sydney Dovedale, #4) by Jayne Fresina Jayne Fresina

I was looking forward to this book because Molly and Carver are such different people. Molly is the youngest of the 12 kids in her family. She comes from a poor family but she has always been a dreamer. She thought that more colors are in a cloud not just white. Her mom told her to stop dreaming. Carver was the 2nd son but his brother die before he was born but he was always an afterthought to his parents. Since his parents didn't expect anything from him or his life, he lived
My Book Addiction and More MBA
MISS MOLLY ROBBINS DESIGNS A SEDUCTION by Jayne Fresina is a witty Victorian Historical Romance set in 1835 England. #4 in the "Sidney Dovedale" series, but can be read as a stand alone. Meet Carver Danforthe, Earl of Everscham and Molly Robbins, his sister's maid who wishes to designs dresses.

Filled with witty banter, passion, dress designs, a bit of romance and love. Carver is a charmer to say the least. Molly will do anything to open her own dress shop, but is she willing to become Carver's
Rema
Jan 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
This was on my list for awhile and I was eagerly waiting to read it. Unfortunately, the book did not live up to my expectations. There are very few books that can really capture the romance between people of different classes falling in love, in a somewhat believable way (given the genre, a suspension of disbelief is almost a must) and a few books do it perfectly. I was hoping this book might be one of those few.

I began reading this a couple hours ago and was determined to finish it in one
Greis
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This was so incredibly mediocre in almost every way possible. I expected so much more from this story.

The writing read like something I would've written when I was 14. To be quite honest, I think the fanfiction I wrote when I was 14 was better than this and I didn't even know what the fuck I was talking about at that age. It was so juvenile and childish, there was a whole of telling and not showing, which normally wouldn't bother me but it didn't work for this story and it got on my nerves.

The
Bethany
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This wasn't a terrible book, it just didn't hit the right notes for me. I found a lot of Carver's actions to be the opposite of what Molly wanted, even though he was trying to be kind, and there was some vague consent issues as well. Just not for me, really.
Melody Melody
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Need a book report
Lillie
Aug 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this book. Dear god, did I. It had so much potential.

The dialogue (whenever it did pop up, which was rare) was witty and even funny. The characters were each different and enjoyable and the plot was a stray from the usual HR tropes.

Only it wasn't.

All of this was hindered by TOO MUCH FUCKING PADDING.

Now, I haven't (and don't intend to) read the other books in the series and I'd never even heard of this author before but the premise was promising and I needed something fresh.
Debbie Lester
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jayne Fresina continues her Sydney Dovedale series, with her latest book, Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction. This a series featuring a Victorian era setting and some very unconventional heroines. Fans of Fresina will love her use of humor and applaud her research. As the roles of women were strictly defined in this time period Fresina's Miss Robbins is a breath of fresh air in a society that is not inclined to change. A great addition to this engaging series.

What I liked:

This series has
Books With
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The benefits of reading Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction:

1. “She was no longer just a person to whom things happened; she made the happenings for herself.”

One major trait that makes Miss Molly Robbins stands out is perhaps its unlikely premise. Margaret “Molly” Robbins, a lady’s maid turned seamstress, starts her own business in London with nothing but her strong country bones and some reluctant financial backing by her ex-employer, the charming scoundrel Earl of Everscham. Molly Robbins
Gaele
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Continuing to feed my addiction for historical romances, I was fortunate to be offered the opportunity to read this title before publication. The fourth in Jayne Fresenia’s Sydney Dovedale series, I had no problems following the characters or actions in the story at all.

Molly was a lady’s maid, and she left to marry. While her family and friends all believed her to have found a good catch, she wanted more – and ran from her wedding to London to start her own dressmaking business. Unfortunately,
Amy Alvis
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Originally reviewed for: Historical Romance Lover blog

This is book 4 in the Sydney Dovedale Series.

Miss Molly Robbins has just walked away from her own wedding to start her dress shop in London. She has sent all her money home to her family while she was a lady's maid to Lady Mercy Danforthe (from Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal, book #3), so Molly goes to her former employer, Carver Danforthe, Earl of Eversham, to get a loan.

Having been woken up at an ungodly early hour, Carver agrees
Rachel T
As reviewed for The Reading Cafe 01 May 14

4 out of 5 for this reader folks!

Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction by Jayne Fresina is the fourth book of her Sydney Dovedale series. I was eager for this story as there were a few teasers in previous books and the pairing of our hero and heroine was a little unusual. Well I am happy to say that Jayne Fresina delivered.

We met Carver Danforthe, Earl of
Haeja
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm a fan of dressmaker/dressmaking stories under the historical romance genre, so I instantly grabbed the chance to get a copy of the ARC via Netgalley. So how did this fare with this historical romance fan? Read on to find out.

Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction is light-hearted and entertaining romance. Carver Danforthe's thoughts and inner battles have been very fun to read. Molly Robbins is very admirable, being a determined young lass in London. She had a dream and she worked towards
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

As one of eleven children born to poor but hardworking parents…

And right from the start, showing a touch of Northanger Abbey, I was won over with a bit of realism in this Regency romp!

It seems that, apart from the likes of Lisa Kleypas, my favourite historical romance authors tend to feature a little further down the scale of success. With this fourth instalment of the Sydney Dovedale series, Jayne Fresina has earned herself a new fan.

I’ve never read anything by this
Daisy
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
So I was reading this book while I was away at a training session where we had to delve into all our feelings about a lot of things and it was just the lightness I needed in those few moments I had for myself!

I really liked Molly! She knows what she wants and she's going after it wholeheartedly. I like that in a person. She's determined to make a living for herself and be a succesful modiste. She's also just a nice person and she cares about the people who live in the same building she does.

Gail
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute story, well-written and fun, if rather improbable. The heroine skips out on her wedding to go back to London and take the offer of her employer's brother to finance the dressmaking business she's always wanted. The hero is a rake--I'm not sure why-- but he's always been attracted to the heroine, though he denies it even to himself. Until she becomes his mistress. I did have a lot of problems with Fresina's disaster of the forms of address for the English aristocracy. The hero is the Earl of ...more
Katrina Lewis
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Until this book, I had never read anything by Jayne Fresina, but this was a great introduction, and I look forward to reading many more, and have already checked out her back list – adding Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal as one of my next-to-read books. In this story, Carver and Molly are clearly drawn to each other and seeing them grow more confident in themselves, and their relationship is a special journey, and I thoroughly enjoyed their story. With lines like, “The burden of ...more
Kari
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2014
For the most part I liked the book. I really like Molly. I thought she had a lot of guts trying to start her own business in a time that most women weren't independent. Her frank banter with Carver was a lot of fun. Carver was a little hard to like at first, but as I got to see his softer side, he won me over. The ways in which he kept giving help to Molly's business were very endearing. I also loved how he kept trying to seduce Molly. The romance was sweet and very satisfying. There was a ...more
Alexandra O'Hurley
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC by the author, and I am SO grateful!

THE BEST ONE YET!! I could not put it down and if I had to, I came up with excuses to stop what I was doing so I could read more. I absolutely LOVE Carver and Molly and watching them succumb to one another was delicious. I love that Molly was her own woman, ready to stand on her own two feet and start her own business (yes, with a little help from Carver.) And I love how Carver was shown to be much more than what was seen at face value. The
Kay (aka) Miss Bates
Fresina's romance is a delightfully fluffy read, though she also aims for gravitas by endowing her hero with some nastiness in childhood and her heroine with low self-esteem. The cross-class issues, which are more serious in this context, are dismissed quite easily. Read this wittily written novel for its humour and the banter between the leads, but keep in mind it's light on the historical detail and authenticity. If you'd like to read a more extensive review, please follow the link:

Beth Johnson
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hea, 2015-reads
This book was better than the last one by far. Not only were the main characters likable with a decent relationship, but the majority of the secondary characters were actually nice people as well (aside from the one snobby friend and the ex-mistress). The twist came as no surprise by the time of the reveal; still, it was a pleasant twist. I will probably give this author another chance since the writing was good even if the worst of her characters played to badly framed stereotypes. (One thing I ...more
Eva
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
'Soon, once winter took the countryside in its firm grip, those same branches would be stark and bare against the bleak sky. But buds would sprout again eventually, and birds would nest there. By the time the next Everscham heir was born, the cherry and apple trees that bordered the lane to Sydney Dovedale would celebrate the occasion with festoons of pink and white blossom. And thus the cycle of life began all over again.'
I just love the way how Jayne Fresina writes her stories! However I must
Nakeesha
It was front-loaded with a lot of backstory and flashbacks from various points of time. Personally, that's difficult for me to keep all of that information straight in my head. My preference as a reader is that it be revealed through story when its important because I'm simply not going to remember all of those details 100 pages in. When the backstory continued on into the second chapter I had to call it a DNF.

ARC provided by Netgalley
Amy
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A super cute historical romance between former lady's maid / dressmaker, Molly Robbins and the Earl of Everscham, Carver Danforthe aka Danny. FYI -- Danny & Molly have a signed contract, whereas the Earl, himself, has set Miss Robbins up in trade, but there is a catch. In the contract's fine print, it clearly states "No Tomfoolery."

Well, we all know what this means. This is an invitation to challenge the contract. :-D
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 26, 2015 08:54AM

• Goddess of the Hunt (The Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy, #1)
  • Too Wilde to Wed (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #2)
  • How to Entice an Enchantress (The Duchess Diaries, #3)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Beyond Scandal and Desire (Sins for All Seasons, #1)
  • The Lady Hellion (Wicked Deceptions, #3)
  • Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #1)
  • The Work of Art
  • His Every Kiss (Guilty, #2)
  • Project Duchess (Duke Dynasty, #1)
  • A Wicked Way to Win an Earl (Sutherland Scandals, #1)
  • Born to Be Wilde (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #3)
  • Rules of Surrender (Governess Brides, #2)
  • Rules of Attraction (Governess Brides, #4)
  • Rules of Engagement (Governess Brides, #3)
  • The Matrimonial Advertisement (Parish Orphans of Devon #1)
  • When a Duchess Says I Do (Rogues to Riches #2)
Feel free to ask me a question, if you have any. Thank you for reading my books!

Sydney Dovedale (5 books)
  • The Most Improper Miss Sophie Valentine (Sydney Dovedale, #1)
  • One Bad Note (Sydney Dovedale, #1.5)
  • The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2)
  • Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal (Sydney Dovedale, #3)