Start by marking “Summer in a Small Town: Welcome to Icicle Falls/Treasure Beach (Life in Icicle Falls, #0.5)” as Want to Read:

Summer in a Small Town: Welcome to Icicle Falls/Treasure Beach

(Life in Icicle Falls 0.5)

Two unforgettable towns, two touching stories...

Welcome to Icicle Falls by Sheila Roberts

It's the 1960s and Muriel loves the beautiful town of Icicle Falls, Washington. Life is good, except that her father expects her to run Sweet Dreams, the family chocolate company, when he retires. But she has sweet dreams of her own, dreams about a handsome stranger who comes to town....
/>Welcome
Published July 1st 2012 by MIRA (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Summer in a Small Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer in a Small Town

Lindy
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Book 31
Shelly Hammond
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was delightful! I mainly got this to read the first story 'Welcome to Icicle Falls'. This story is an introduction to the Icicle Falls series and it's so good. It gives an excellent background story of the matriarch of Icicle Falls (at least she is to me!) and also tells the story of a few others that are very important to the town and future books as well. If you are considering reading the series this is an excellent place to start and if you are already reading it this is a great on ...more
Jean
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Small Taste

This book was a teaser for the stories to follow - enough said to whet my curiosity but not enough to make me run right out to buy the books.
Teena in Toronto
Nov 04, 2014 rated it liked it
There are two short stories in this book.

"Welcome to Icicle Falls" is an introduction to Roberts' Icicle Falls series. It is the sixth book I've read by this author (and the fifth the Icicle Falls series that I've read) and I liked it. It is written in an interesting style ... Muriel and Dot are narrators and at times they are talking to you AND to each other. Muriel tells of when she was a teenager growing up in Icicle Falls. She had to work in her dad's chocolate company while her friends had
David Bailey
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This novella is an introduction to some of the characters in Better than Chocolate and Merry Ex-mas. It gives you background on some of the major characters in the books that follow. It is a good story by itself, but serves primarily as background for the following books. Hopefully the author will continue the Icycle Falls series beyond the first 3 books. There is no explicit sexual content, but we see when the mutual attractions hit sparks that the women say they do not want to feel, but cannot ...more
Lea
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
'Welcome to Icicle Falls' is an introduction to the Icicle Falls series, we're introduced to a few (I assume) key characters - Muriel, Dot and Cass - as well as being introduced to Icicle Falls (based on Leavenworth, WA). Loved the set up as if the author, Ms. Roberts, asked to of her characters to show us around and get us acquainted with the town.

'Treasure Beach' is a look at Happiness Key, a series I haven't read. This novella tells of a young teen who feels everyone will leave he
Cathie
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good stories

I loved them both. Sheila Roberts prequel to Icicle Falls was delightful!! And Emilie Richards story of Olivia was great!!! I've never read her before, but I'll look for more by her.
Sherri
Nov 12, 2012 rated it liked it
An enjoyable short story connected to the Icicle Falls series. It's best read shortly after reading other Icicle Falls books as I read this months after reading the first Icicle Falls book and it was hard to remember characters.
Karen Benson
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Kind of cheesy but I have progressed to the next in the series "Better Than Chocolate" and like it much better.
Stephanie
Nov 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Good set up for the Icicle Falls series and Treasure Beach was nice little snippit of a story.
Anna
Apr 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Two sweet stories of friendship and love. Both are novellas of other books.
Bibliobabe
nice intro story to icicle falls series
BJ
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Novella introducing Icicle Falls, town in several of Sheila Roberts' books. Also second novella by Emilie Richards including characters from her Happiness Key series. Both enjoyable reads.
Darlene
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
2 warm stories by 2 warmhearted authors of which I really enjoy their writing. Enjoyed both of them.
Mary
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good

Both authors brought out the true meaning of small towns and true friends. Both stories were well written and made me think.
Lori
Jan 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Nice little short story about Icicle Falls.
Ellen Thielen
Nov 07, 2014 rated it liked it
A nice departure from all my murder stories! You probably need to read the other novels in the series to have any interest in this one.
Bette Hansen
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Good stories to give background on the characters in the series.Will definitely help you decide if you are interested in the rest of the books.
 Gigi Ann
Nov 15, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a novel of two short stories by the two authors. It was an enjoyable read enough so that I awarded it 3 'Summer' stars.
Lindsey Eick
Mar 25, 2014
Kathy L
Aug 20, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• What She Wants (Life in Icicle Falls, #3)
  • Christmas at the Beach (Ten Beach Road #2.5)
  • Together for Christmas: 5-B Poppy Lane\When We Touch\Welcome to Icicle Falls\Starstruck
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Love a la Carte (prequel to "the orchard")
  • Wedding Belles (Sassy Belles, #2)
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Life Change
  • These Three Words
  • Henry VIII’s Wives: History in an Hour
  • Welcome to Harmony (Harmony #1)
  • You Again (Shelter Bay, #6.6)
  • Holiday Hideout
I'm the author of seventy-something novels, including romance, women's fiction and mystery. When We Were Sisters debuted in June 2016, a stand alone novel about two foster sisters traveling back into their past together. I loved writing it and love the cover my publisher chose.

I'm also excited about my recent series, Goddesses Anonymous, which started with One Mountain Away and was followed by So

Life in Icicle Falls (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Better Than Chocolate (Life in Icicle Falls, #1)
  • Merry Ex-Mas (Life in Icicle Falls, #2)
  • What She Wants (Life in Icicle Falls, #3)
  • The Cottage on Juniper Ridge (Life in Icicle Falls, #4)
  • The Tea Shop on Lavender Lane (Life in Icicle Falls, #5)
  • The Lodge on Holly Road (Life in Icicle Falls, #6)
  • A Wedding on Primrose Street (Life in Icicle Falls, #7)
  • Christmas on Candy Cane Lane (Life in Icicle Falls, #8)
  • Home on Apple Blossom Road (Life in Icicle Falls, #9)
  • Starting Over on Blackberry Lane (Life in Icicle Falls #10)