Start by marking “Awaiting Destiny” as Want to Read:
Awaiting Destiny

Awaiting Destiny

I thought my quest to discover the truth about my Mothers mysterious disappearance, so long ago, had come to a sad and horrible end. Moments ago, I watched my last breath bubble to the surface like fleeing butterflies as I sank helplessly into the salty depths of the sea. The wondrous, aquarium like scene slowly faded around me until finally I drowned, an ordinary American ...more
Published October 16th 2012 by bookbaby (first published October 12th 2012)

Katie  Sullivan
This was short and sweet. A little young for me but it was a nice break. Target audience is probably tweens. It was clean though, which was refreshing.
Howard Parsons
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Awaiting Destiny is a cute story whose target audience appears to be 'Tweens but also provides a fun read for YA's who need a respite from the day-to-day effort of appearing to be "grown up". For those readers who are - ahem! - somewhat older than the target audience, Awaiting Destiny can serve as a brief but very pleasant vacation from being an adult.

Destiny Mariner is a thirteen-year-old girl living with her father, Jacob Mariner, aboard his double-masted sailboat, Seadancer, in the Enchanted
Jay
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
For young readers who enjoy Emily Windsnap. This reads more like a Disney movie than a book, and I felt Destiny was too passive for most of the story. The lack of tension and problem solving made it difficult to maintain interest, although there were some good world building parts. I do appreciate reading lighter stories with humor, but ultimately that was not enough for a better rating.
Vicky
Aug 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked the concept, but not how it was played out. I felt like this was a less experienced author who wrote it. There were a few grammatical errors. The wasn't a lot of character development. I also found that there was no 'I don't know you' kind of awkwardness with the family she never met.
Dayna McCall
This was an amazing book, the two main characters were so love able and the story line wasn't complicated and easy to follow. Amazing writing and it was a really nice book and a relief from the books with so much drama (: haha

Your an amazing writer (:
Alley
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Honestly,this book doesn't need an explanation.My star rating speaks for itself...:)

HUGS AND KISSES
Shadow
Jan 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Merminia
  • Beyond the Sea (Shades of the Sea, #1)
  • Teenage Mermaid
  • The Call of the Deep (The Matchless Deep, #1)
  • Selkie Girl
  • Fins
  • Legend of the Mer (Legend of the Mer, #1)
  • The Secret of the Emerald Sea
  • Ocean's Gift (Ocean's Gift, #1)
  • Breathless
  • Mermaid Park
  • Merrow
  • Selina Penaluna
  • Antara (Antara, #1)
  • Siren's Storm (Siren's Storm, #1)
  • Mermaid's Song
  • The Silver Dolphin (Mermaid Curse, #1)
  • Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath (Real Mermaids, #2)
I believe life is simply more interesting when you weave a little humor, enchantment, romance and especially adventure into it! I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with my family and spend my free time writing, playing with my pets, gardening and kayaking.