Start by marking “Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 4

Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 4

(Fullmetal Alchemist: Omnibus #4)

Bargain omnibus editions of one of the bestselling manga series of all time!

In an alchemical ritual gone wrong, Edward Elric lost his arm and his leg, and his brother Alphonse became nothing but a soul in a suit of armor. Equipped with mechanical ""auto-mail"" limbs, Edward becomes a state alchemist, seeking the one thing that can restore his and his brother's bodies...the
Published March 12th 2013 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 4

Sara
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
How did I forget to update this? Of course these volumes continue to be a 5 stars for me.

I like how some parts are different than the anime. I think the manga allows you to spend time with the characters and think how they evolve, which might not happen in the anime with the sound effects and the animation of the battles. I really liked the separation between Al and Ed and how they grew from the time apart from one another.

Also, this volume had the most epic battle of the entire series. Yes, M
Debbie
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Volume 10 - This volume was a nice chance for Alphonse to shine, and provided some interesting developments to the overarching plot line. Overall rating: 4 stars

Volume 11 - Lots of action and plot development in this one, along with great character growth and depth. Overall rating: 5 stars

Volume 12 - Ok so that twist was hinted at in the last volume but it still shocked me! Right from the start, this volume was so intense, so much development; it included plenty of action yet also lots
Sophie Crane
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
You will not be dissaponted with Fullmetal Alchemist, it is a fantastic manga series. I highly recommend it to everyone, doesn't matter if you are a manda fan or not, you will love it.
casey
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“maybe ive been in love with him from a long time ago” GOODBYE!!!!!!!
Connie
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-i-ve-read
[third read for 2018 booktubeathon, for the movie adaptation challenge]

5/5 stars

Oh my god this volume was so fucking emotional. Winry and Edward really went for my throat in the latter half, can you believe this? I'm so happy I checked this series out, it's incredible, but every single chapter makes me upset/cry in some way, my poor little heart can't cope.
Shala
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The plot and the character development in this series is amazing! This particular volume contains a steadily moving plot and character growth in spades!
Jolien
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this manga.
Courtney
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks for making me read this, ChaosSquid! XD
Andrew
NON-STOP ACTION!!! This trifecta of volumes 10,11,12 was reeeeeeeaaaaaalllly good. And of course the ending left me hanging. Good thing I’ve got the next one right here .
Jezza
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Muahaha. My collection is slowly growing... :) dang I love this manga. And the Brotherhood anime. SO GOOD. Edward Elric was my first love. Screw that Cullen fellow. JOKES, I still love him too. Just not as much. Okay, going on a tangent now. Gonna stop. Now. :D
Filipa
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I almost shed a tear (or definitely shed a tear) in half of these pages! LOVE IT SO MUCH
Taylor Ramirez
Adam Spanos
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: viz, manga
Volume's 10-12 of Fullmetal Alchemist are the most action packed in the series to date. The punches almost never stop flying with no less than three major encounters with the Homunculi. The action is brutal, fast-paced and still manages to move the plot along with every page! And in true FMA tradtion, there are some shocking and powerful revelations revealed. Don't sleep on the manga just because you've seen the anime all the way. This is a whole other ball game!
Estrella
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books
Arakawa: "Let's throw in some more feels!"
Me: *sobs*
Arakawa: "And some more!"
Me: *cries* "Why?!"

Arakawa, you brilliantly evil person who created this amazing story, in case you're wondering: Yeah, I am fine. Everything is perfectly fine. Don't mind me, I will just have to get my hands on the next 3-in-1 volume asap.
The Dyslexic Bookworm
THIS MANGA IS AMAZING
Jenna
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this volume. I think it might have been my favorite. I am curious to see what happens next. I have an idea about something and I want to see if I end up being right.
Jessie_Book
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would like to say that this has some of the best scenes I've ever read in a manga, but this is Fullmetal Alchemist, I know its just going to get better and better!
The Inked Reader
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-comics, 2017
מונטסרת
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
the plot just keeps getting better... and I ship Ed/Winry and Mustang/Lt. Hawkwye sooo much.
Ladiibbug
Mar 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Fullmetal Alchemist (3 in 1 ed.) - Vol. 10, 11 & 12 - Manga

The overwhelming ratings for this edition are 5 stars. It was a struggle to get through this one.

While I enjoyed Vol. 1-9, due to my TBR, I'm calling it quits on this series, like others, unless they are thoroughly entertaining.
Saphirablue
Maja Helena
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*The story of Fullmetal Alchemist, following the Elric brothers, is the perfect story. It has everything: The balance between dramatic moments and moments of comic relief is amazing, the characters are well rounded and has great growth and, finally, it deals with difficult subjects in a nuanced and respectful manner.

Also, the art style is amazing – especially in those comic relief moments! It’s just priceless! That in memoriam part at the end of each volume is just hilarious! *

Another amazing v
Devastate Lasting
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kameron Mitchell
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A small bit of a lapse in my memory between this one and the last one made me a little lost in volume 10, so I appreciate the small reminder the author fit into the story to help me catch up. But anyway, good volume, lots of drama, and good characters. Onward!
Ines
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Of all the Homunculi Gluttony might just be the scariest when he flips out ... precisely because he's a complete idiot otherwise.

... alright, Pride still takes the cake in the scary department. But this was intense.
Mathilde Paulsen
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having the best time reading these!
LJ
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
That ending was intense!!
Cassandra
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want to be Hawkeye when I grow up. And Mustang is a much better character in the manga than I knew from watching the first anime.
Lissel
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-mm, fantasy, manga
*3,5 STARS
Alice Adams
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Omg, this series is amazing. Why didn't I read it sooner?

• Nijiiro Days 2 (Nijiiro Days #2)
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 2
  • Dragon Ball (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2  3
  • Vagabond, Vol. 5
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 6
  • The Legend of Zelda: Legendary Edition, Vol. 1: Ocarina of Time Parts 1 & 2
  • 美少女戦士セーラームーン新装版 11 [Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon Shinsōban 11]
  • Arisa, Vol. 02 (Arisa, #2)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth I, Boxed Set (Magic Knight Rayearth, #1-3)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 6 (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, #6)
  • WARRIOR: a collection of short stories
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part One (Imbalance, #1)

Associated names :
荒川弘美 (real name)
ARAKAWA Hiromi

Name (in native language) : 荒川弘

Zodiac : Taurus

Blood type : A

Her self-portrait is usually that of a bespectacled cow, as she was born and raised on a dairy farm in Hokkaido with three older sisters and a younger brother. She worked as a farmer for 8 years before moving to Tokyo.

Arakawa thought about being a manga artist "since [she] was little" and d

Fullmetal Alchemist: Omnibus (9 books)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1