Start by marking “Bank 3.0 - Why Banking is No Longer Somewhere You Go, But Something You Do” as Want to Read:
Bank 3.0 - Why Banking is No Longer Somewhere You Go, But Something You Do

Bank 3.0 - Why Banking is No Longer Somewhere You Go, But Something You Do

The first edition of BANK 2.0 took the financial services world by storm and became synonymous with disruptive customer behaviour, technology shift and new banking models. In BANK 3.0, Brett King looks at the latest trends that are redefining financial services and payments. From the global scramble for dominance of the mobile wallet, the expectations created by tablet com ...more
Published November 1st 2012 by Marshall Cavendish International (first published October 1st 2012)

Be the first to ask a question about Bank 3.0 - Why Banking is No Longer Somewhere You Go, But Something You Do

Start your review of Bank 3.0 - Why Banking is No Longer Somewhere You Go, But Something You Do
Jobin Thomas
Mar 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
The book basically says this - "People are doing all transactions online and through cards. Hence it does not make sense to have physical branches."

This is a very long (360 pages) and a boring read. I thought I could learn something new about FinTech - but, I was wrong.

I won't recommend this book.
Amy
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this with my team at work. Given that we work in the banking industry, it was interesting to think through the future of banking and how we, in our day to day work, can help shape the future of the bank we support. But, it's not a very enjoyable read although it's not difficult. A lot of the stats are used over and over which became a bit monotonous. But, all in all, it was OK. Worth a read if you're passionate about banking or if you are particularly interested in how banks are changing.
Lea Bech-Sjøthun
Oct 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Well, definitely some great ideas... but after 2.0 this somehow felt a bit like iPhone5. It's 2.0 with a few new chapters...
Cigno
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
The first 2/3rds of the book were fascinating for someone such as myself who is in the banking industry. The last third of the book became very redundant. But overall, very informative and a good read for bankers.
Sérgio Viana
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Probably a very good book when it was published, but obsolete when I read it on 2018.
Filipa
Brett King has written a thought-provoking book about the future of banking, which explores the impact new technologies have on our everyday life but also how these new technologies affect the daily banking operations we all engage in.
He has painted a very clear picture of what's in store for this industry but that was not all. He talks about customer behaviour, customer expectations and how brands should interact with customers in new emergent channels of communication.
His writing is clean, d
Daniel Wagner
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book had a lot of good information that is still relevant at the time I am reading it. The main downside for me was the repetition, and explanation of technology that we probably didn't need all of the details for.
Manish Gupta
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Informative. A bit long and repetitive though.
Saber Khosravi
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All bankers and fintech activists should read this book
Liutauras
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Just same same
Lana
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book elucidates the future of banking, centred around the new, hyper-connected, immersed in social media breed of consumer. As smartphones and tablets become more pervasive, consumer behaviour is changing rapidly, including the way we bank. Whilst most industries are embracing this digital revolution with open arms, the banking sector seems to be trailing behind.

The author offers a glimpse into what banking may look like in the not so distant future, as we move towards a cashless world, an
Lana
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it

Neyaz
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Bankers, Creative thinkers, Innovaters
Recommended to Neyaz by: Aditya Mandloi (Bangladesh Head of Consumer Banking, Standard Chartered Bank)
This is quite an interesting book reflecting the way banks should change and move to deal with the ever changing and increasingly demanding customers of today and the near future.

Although some of the points seems too good to be true, it is nonetheless just a glimpse on how the future of banking might possibly look like. With the advent of smart devices and internet, the world has become a global village, opening doors and creating opportunities for people everywhere. People's view of the world i
Waithera
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: priority
If you love FinTech, this is DEFINITELY a book you would enjoy. Brett manages to communicate seamlessly on usability and overall user experience of products and being a big advocate of these aspects, I took great interest in particular sections of the book. Overall an informative read.
R L
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just like a compiled case studies about the innovation and the tech growth in financial services Industry. The index were well-coordinated. The examples were updated yet still couldn't provide the possible advancement of the tech features in the industry. Just showing what's currently happening in the industry right now. You can catch it all up just by reading articles about fintech daily.

But this book is still essential for people that want to grasp the idea on what's happening near the future
Jari Pirhonen
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book explains why traditional branch-based banking strategy doesn't work anymore. Even though banks are present online, many still have old-fashioned thinking. Customer behavior is changing rapidly because of new technology. Banks need to change as well - or become insignificant. There are many hungry startups creating innovative solutions to replace banks' offering. Message of the book is that banking is essential, banks are not. Banking is at the high risk of disruption.
Serri
Dec 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: business, nonfiction
Interesting insight into the future of the banking industry. A nice follow up to Banking 2.0 but contained mostly similar concepts. If you've read Banking 2.0, might want to wait for Banking 4.0 (if they end up updating it again) before reading this.
Judy Williams
I'm not rating this book because I didn't finish it. About once every two years I tell myself I should read a business book, and I try. And I fail. This is a good book, I just can't finish it. I'm sure I'll forget this lesson again in about two years.
Vincent Lam
Good thinking but a bit aged

Just as the author said, the pace technology is advancing is becoming faster and faster. While the thinking in this book is good, the information presented is a bit outdated now. It urgently needs an update.
Farid Samadov
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
All of us we face aspects shown in the book ad hoc, with more increasing features daily. What does this book a good one - it gives a holistic, systematic, aggregated view on these ad-hoc, decentralized aspects of future banking perspectives.
Jason
Jan 15, 2013 rated it liked it
A really good book with great ideas and action items. However, this was similar to 2.0, which I preferred.
Ben Wong
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
The author clearly thought this one out very well! in terms of the content it is easily 4 stars, but for some reason I felt it was incredibly dry.
Rob Rensman
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
A compelling analysis of the future of banking without banks, well at least not as we know them. Bring it on!
Magnus
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Insightful on the future of banking and payments. There's a lot of geeking out over new technology that's generally enjoyable, but sometimes getting a little too far off topic.
Vijai Shankar
Nov 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretty decent book. Interesting concepts and perspectives on where banking is ahead. If you are especially in Mobility, this book will be a good read.
Lye Tho
This book is a must read for all bankers.
Delhi Irc
Location: GG7 IRC
Accession No: DL027038
Chuck C.
Jan 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Too boring to finish. Chapters incredibly repetitive. Branches are going away - yeah, we get it. This entire book has about 15 pages of content. Horrifically bad.
Abdia
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
For those who are working in the field of banking and finance industry, this book should be put into your priority books to read. :)
Marcelo Gonzalez
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love and recommend the book.

• Bank 4.0: Banking everywhere, never at a bank
  • Digital Bank: Strategies to launch or become a digital bank
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More
  • How Will You Measure Your Life?
  • Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything
  • The Telomere Effect: A Revolutionary Approach to Living Younger, Healthier, Longer
  • Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders
  • Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time
  • VALUEWEB: How fintech firms are using bitcoin blockchain and mobile technologies to create the Internet of value
  • Doing Digital: Lessons from Leaders
  • It's Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy
  • Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers
  • Digital Human: The Fourth Revolution of Humanity Includes Everyone
  • All Marketers Are Liars: The Power of Telling Authentic Stories in a Low-Trust World
  • Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us
  • Running Lean: Iterate from Plan A to a Plan That Works
  • Просто космос

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Librarian Note: There is more than one author by this name in the Goodreads database.

News & Interviews