Start by marking “The Shadowed Throne (The Risen Sun, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Shadowed Throne (The Risen Sun, #2)

The Shadowed Throne

(The Risen Sun #2)

Laela the half-breed raised in the South is now the Queen of the North. The seemingly invincible King Arenadd Taranisaii and his partner, the dark griffin Skandar, are missing. The Northerners blame Laela for Arenadd’s disappearance, but she knows the truth …

With only her griffin partner Oeka to help her rule, Laela struggles to maintain power and tensions mount with Arena
Published April 1st 2013 by HarperVoyager

To ask other readers questions about The Shadowed Throne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shadowed Throne

J.F.R. Coates
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Certainly my favourite of the series so far, I feel like the author is finally getting a better grasp on her characters and focusing the plot. Most of this good work came in the form of Kullervo, who was involved in most of the best moments.
I worry the third book in the series could fall back into recycled plotlines from the first series, but hopefully this will not be the case.
Polly
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story continues with the next generation of players. I love this series, it's deep
and very original.
Shaheen
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Taylor's gorgeous writing hooks me again! The Shadowed Throne is impeccably plotted and wonderfully told, figuratively carrying me away into another land. I'm not sure I'll survive the wait until the concluding volume of the series.

Since the groundwork was beautifully laid out in the previous title, The Shadow's Heir, is great to see that Taylor jumps right into the action and doesn't waste time specifically re-orienting readers into the world. Which isn't to say that I was confused at any point
Gina
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this series so far and I love how different it is from most fantasy these days. I felt myself trying to figure out who's side I was on a lot while reading this.
[Spoiler Warning]
Like I hate Saeddryn a lot but like the character Laela was becoming made me wonder who I would side with. In the end I would side Laela mainly because everyone she trusted is just leaving her. She wasn't prepared to be a Queen overnight people! ugh this series stresses me out because I hate seeing a character get
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. This review is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

To be safe, I won't be recording my review here until after the AA are over.
Trilby Johnson
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Much slower than the first novel and less focus on our Heroine who is struggling as a young Queen surrounded by power struggles. Love how each party's perspective is explained and underlies the truth that we all see what we want to see. I hope there is another episode coming soon.
Tarrin Gackstetter
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well-written. The reason I give this 4 stars is because the author often has characters explaining their actions and it detracted from the plot. Everything else from the twists to the character development is great, if odd.
Raquel
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: april-2013, fantasy
Loved it and can't wait for the next book!!
S.J.
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Elaine Brown
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was really good. Definitely worth reading if you've kept up with the series.
Leanne
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
EPIC!!!!!! now to wait for the next one.........
Earlyshirley
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rollicking good yarn. Ends a bit abruptly...a cliff hanger...and now I have to wait for the release of the next book.
Bethwyn (Butterfly Elephant Books)
Aurealis awards nomination.
Nov 29, 2013
Annamarie
Jan 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Valley of Shields (Empire of Bones, #2)
  • Black Sun Light My Way (Children of the Black Sun, #2)
  • The Marching Dead
  • Ink Black Magic (Mocklore Chronicles, #3)
  • Justice
  • Reunion (Rift Runners, #3)
  • The Gods of Vice (The Vengeance Trilogy, #2)
  • Shine Light (Night Creatures, #3)
  • The Glass Republic (The Skyscraper Throne, #2)
  • The Cloud Hunters (The Cloud Hunters, #1)
  • Web of Deceit (The Merlin Prophecy, #3)
  • Eclipse: The Lost Book of Ascension (Books of Ascension #3)
  • The Tower Broken (Tower and Knife Trilogy, #3)
  • King Breaker (King Rolen's Kin #4)
  • Rupetta
  • The Obsidian Heart (Echoes of Empire, #2)
  • Dusk (Tales of Noreela, #1)
  • Fish Out Of Water
K.J.Taylor was born in Australia in 1986 and plans to stay alive for as long as possible. She went to Radford College and achieved a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications at the University of Canberra, where she is currently studying for a Master’s Degree in Information Studies.

She published her first work, The Land of Bad Fantasy through Scholastic when she was just 18, and went on to publish The D

The Risen Sun (3 books)
  • The Shadow's Heir (The Risen Sun, #1)
  • The Shadow’s Heart (The Risen Sun #3)