Start by marking “The Secret Wedding Dress” as Want to Read:
The Secret Wedding Dress

The Secret Wedding Dress

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  315 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
A wedding dress...but no bride!  Paige Danforth isn't interested in setting herself up for an unhappy-ever-after--thanks to her father's betrayal, the closest she'll ever get to walking down the aisle is as a bridesmaid. But one bridal sale later, Paige is left clutching her own champagne chiffon wedding dress! Clearly she needs to end her self-imposed dating drought....

E
Published March 19th 2013 by Harlequin KISS

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Wedding Dress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Wedding Dress

Margo
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: throw-him-back
This is one of those times when being a grownup reduces your enjoyment of a book because you are saying to the h: "Honey, he is a weak man who will disappoint you when the chips are down. Throw him back."
Tia
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Haha! I really liked this one, especially the epilogue, it made me laugh and giggle like a child. I loved the heroine and the fact she had been through so much emotional trauma to do with her parents, yet still found love with the hero. Paige and Gabe were definitely two of my favorite characters from the new harlequins. I think I will always remember this story. Now I'm curious about Clint and Mae...
Nicola Marsh
If you enjoy fun, flirty, contemporary romances, you'll love The Secret Wedding Dress.

I love reading books set in my fabulous home city of Melbourne.

Paige is ballsy and quirky, Gabe is flawed and incredibly sexy.

Thoroughly enjoyed!
Desere
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We all know the story, girl meets boy, they start dating, they fall in love, they get engaged and then only comes the part of finding the perfect wedding dress.

But if you are a Ally Blake fan you should by now know this author never writes just the plain good old fashioned story, no she takes the usual and turns it into the extraordinary !

In this read we meet Paige, she is as happy as can be, she has her job and her best friend, who needs a man!

But when her best friend hits the shops to find h
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
I've seen several Harlequin Kiss books at my local Walmart and read the descriptions on most of them, but this was the first one to appeal to me enough for me to buy it. A heroine who bought a wedding dress despite not even having a boyfriend. A hero who was only interested in no-strings-attached sex. I wanted to see how things would go between them. Unfortunately, this book didn't work for me.

The attraction between Gabe and Paige was clear. Their first meeting was in their apartment building's
Trish Wylie
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED. It. Fast paced, funny, warm and deliciously hot, this is the kind of can't-put-down story Ms. Blake is famous for writing. What's more, she has a magical way of making it feel like the heroine is a best friend who is telling her story over cocktails instead of within the pages of a book. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE!
Yohana
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kegilaan demi kegilaan, begitulah yang dilakukan Paige Danforth. Setelah berebut gaun pengantin diskonan kemudian menjepit jari tetangga barunya di lift, dia memutuskan untuk melanjutkan kegilaannya dengan merespon rayuan rayuan si tetangga.
Novel paling tipis dengan durasi baca paling lama. Entah kenapa rasanya ada yang kurang greget. Padahal ketika baca sinopsis di belakang novel, tak sabar menanti kiriman paket si abang J*E. Tapi untuk reader yang mencari bacaan yang tak seberat bulu mata Syah
Elisa Vangelisti
Aug 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abbandonato
Amo i romanzi d’amore, soprattutto se non è platonico, ma conclamato. Quindi – in genere – nel momento in cui la passione si concretizza mi piace leggere il giusto coronamento dei sentimenti e gustarmi la loro sublimazione messa in pratica. Ci può essere un modo di raccontarla pudico, plateale, frettoloso, distratto… ma di tanto in tanto mi capita persino di rileggere la scena, nel dubbio di aver saltato qualche riga. Eh? Questo è il caso. Per ben due volte. Così deduco che per Ally questa sia l ...more
Titi Sanaria
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sulit klik-nya. Banyak bagian yang di-skip. Ternyata nggak semua romance bikin mager. 😅😅😅
Jessy
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A very easy and quick read. A very romantic and sexy story of Paige and Gabe.

Meliana
Awalnya Paige Danforth hanya berniat untuk menemani Mae, sahabatnya, ke sale besar-besaran gaun pengantin, tapi entah ada dorongan apa Paige akhirnya memutuskan untuk membeli sebuah gaun pengantin padahal Paige tahu bahwa dirinya tidak akan memakainya karena dirinya tidak percaya akan cinta apalagi komitmen pernikahan. Paige tidak mengerti kenapa Mae yang awalnya satu visi hidup dengannya mendadak berubah dan memutuskan untuk menikah, Paige yang kehilangan sahabatnya itu memutuskan untuk mencari ...more
Pupottina
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harmony
L’ascensore dei desideri di Ally Blake è un romanzo rosa, leggero, rilassante e romantico come guardare una commedia sentimentale a tema fiori d’arancio.
Quando il tema è il matrimonio, il lieto fine è garantito e non c’è niente di più piacevole che farsi accompagnare, fra le pagine, dal primo sguardo in poi.
Ally Blake ci racconta la storia, nata in ascensore, fra Paige Danforth e Gabe Hamilton.
Lei è una ragazza non molto romantica che ha già deciso di non credere nel lieto fine ma, nonostante
Romancenesia
Suka deh sama cover dengan background baju pengantin ini, tapi kenapa sepatunya gak putih juga ya? Mungkin supaya kontras dengan warna putihnya. Hahahahahah...

How they met...
Mungkin lagu Kunto Aji berjudul Terlalu Lama Sendiri cocok menjadi backsound lagu ini. Semua ini karena sahabatnya yang akan menikah dan mengajaknya belanja sale gaun pengantin. Di sanalah Paige menemukan gaun impiannya dan membelinya.

Lift tempat tinggal Paige tidak pernah bisa beroperasi dengan baik. Namun, khusus pada hari
Angela
Paige Danforth secara impulsif membeli sebuah gaun pengantin yang entah kapan ia pakai. Dan ketika ia pulang dan menaiki lift yang hanya Tuhan dan lift itu sendiri yang tahu kapan akan berhenti di lantai yang tepat, Paige bertemu dengan seorang pria.

Gabe Hamilton menempati penthouse dan ia tak menyangkan akan menemukan wanita yang menarik perhatiannya. Pertemuan mereka di lift meninggalkan kesan bagi Gabe. Pertemuan mereka yang berikutnya membuat pria ini semakin penasaran pada Paige.

Siapa yang
Yazmin
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

The Secret Wedding Dress by Ally Blake is a fun and sexy romance that will keep you hooked till the end.
Paige Danforth is not interested in getting married or anything permanent. But after going with her best friend, who is getting married, to a wedding dress sale, she finds herself buying a dress herself. It’s a beautiful dress, but she has no intention of wearing it. She knows there is no happily ever after, especially after everything she saw parents go through.

Gabe Hamilton is back
Summer
Jul 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Her parents ugly marriage saddled Paige with a horrible concept of relationships, meantime, Gabe grew up without any example of romantic relationships whatsoever, so when they get together, it’s with the idea of something limited, something inconsequential, something just to see them through a rough patch in their lives, they’re emotionally ill-equipped to handle more, which is, of course, where things get good.

Save for a couple authentically intense scenes between Paige and her best friend Mae,
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Amore. E per quanto ne fosse spaventata, ora si rendeva conto che si trattava di un sentimento bello, straordinario, incredibile. Un miracolo."

Nel complesso è stata una lettura leggera e carina (anche se in questa collana ho letto di meglio XD). L'idea dell'ascensore dotato di vita propria che va su e giù facendo sbocciare l'amore tra i nostri due protagonisti l'ho trovata originale e divertente ma mi sembrava anche un po' inverosimile...almeno fino all'epilogo che svela l'arcano XD Per il rest
Gail
Cute story with some funny moments. Heroine has no intention of ever getting married, but when she goes wedding dress shopping with her best friend, somehow one dress captures her and insists on being bought. The hero is a venture capitalist who's built his company from the ground up, after being betrayed by a woman he fell for, so he's very anti-getting-involved. And then they meet in the elevator of the building where they both live. And the romance begins, with much resistance. The hero doesn ...more
Ana
Apr 14, 2013 added it
i'm read 50pages and i'm done! god i can't read it any more. hate whan there is that friend who constantly is pokes in paige's relationship with gabe and is some kinde of matchmaker. and than there is paige..she is independent, realistic and smart but when gabe enetrs the room her iq goes low, waaaay low and it's sooo patetic and annoying. i simply can't read it any more because only i can think when i readd this book is 'get real! get real! don't shoot mae! get real!' --'

uh oh lets not forget H
Jessica Vargas
Dec 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star
Me gusto la historia fue facil de leer. pero no se merece 5/5 por que es imposible que al primer momento ella deje que el entre asi a su vida. Pero me fascino el trama, al final el amor siempre gana y bueno ella pudo utilizar el vestido de boda que ella se enamoro ese dia cuando fue de compra con su amiga.
Maria
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fave-as-fuck
5 awesome stars for this one!

I love love love the plot, the characters, and all of it. Lol. With Gabe as a hero, who wouldn't drool? Yay. He's just so closed-off, dark and mysterious with a dangerous aura looming behind. It is one of the books that I've read whom I fell in like with the heroine. Seems like all of Ally Blake's heroine I love. Haha.

Good read! Recommended!
Elin
This is a fun and light read. It has all the important ingredients for a sexy romance novel; interesting characters, a captivating story and steamy sex-scenes.

If you're looking for a good time and a light read, this is highly recommended.

I received this book through first reads giveaway.
June
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fun little oldie movie comments. Hitchcock, Rock Hudson, Doris Day. And the concept of a comfortable relationship because they knew it wouldn't last long so no pressures to be the perfect person or have the perfect skills.
Denissa Levou
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Me molesto desde un principio la relación de los personajes, ya que todo fue muy presuroso. Y todo porque él le sonrió y ya la protagonista quedó enganchada del cuate. Osea no, no, no no, es tan improbable que suceda de esa manera en la vida real que me costo creerme la historia
Tasha
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I usually judge a book by its cover (and no this isnt meant that I judge people by how they look), really I say if a book will be a big hit by the cover, this cover had me hooked so I had to get the book and it was well worth it
Norii P.
Oct 02, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5/5
Roz ~ My Written Romance
A lot of fun. Can't wait to read the follow-up.
Holly Mcbee
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book for many different reasons. Buying the dress and life taking a unexpected turn. i say oh Yeah.
Joan Wong
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
boring at first chapter but interesting to read on.
Goobledybook
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
One of the best Harlequin/Mills books I've ever read. The characters were well developed and the writing was exceptional. The epilogue was funny and surprising.
  • It was Only a Kiss
  • The Guy to Be Seen With
  • Must Like Kids
  • Why Resist a Rebel?
  • Driving Her Crazy
  • Her Man in Manhattan (Brannigan, #3)
  • First Time for Everything
  • The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2)
  • All Bets Are On
  • One More Sleepless Night
  • Hitched!
  • Her Deal with the Devil
  • Secrets & Saris
  • Anything but Vanilla...
  • My Boyfriend and Other Enemies
  • The First Crush is the Deepest (Girls Just Want to Have Fun #1)
  • Backstage with Her Ex
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
Australian writer Ally Blake is a redhead, a footy fan, a devotee of the language of Aaron Sorkin; she is addicted to stationery and M&Ms, weak in the face of Italians and firefighters, married to a spectacular and ever-patient man, mum to three beings of pure delight, and a firm believer in love, luck, and fairies.
She is also a best-selling author with more than twenty-five fun, flirty romanc