Start by marking “House of Night: Legacy (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
House of Night: Legacy (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #1-5)

House of Night: Legacy

(House of Night: The Graphic Novel #1-5)

When Tulsa teenager Zoey Redbird was Marked as a vampyre, it turned her world upside down. Now, Zoey must adapt to a new school where classes begin at eight p.m., figure out a whole new social hierarchy, deal with physiological changes that make her crave blood, and learn to accept her newly given magical affinities to the five elements: air, fire, water, earth, and spirit ...more
Published June 27th 2012 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about House of Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about House of Night

Start your review of House of Night: Legacy (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #1-5)
Nasty Lady MJ
Aug 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People Who Like to Milk the Whole Cow
Recommended to Nasty Lady MJ by: My Wandering Eyes
To see full review click here.

Graphic novel versions of YA books. They always seem to have a stink to them that I can't quite explain. Okay, I know technically what it is the cash cow...it's ridiculous having graphic novels for these books. Okay, there are exceptions. But more often than not it's the same story regurgitated in comic book form. Except unlike real comic books, usually the artwork is subpar and the story is ass.

This is no exception. Though I will give it to the Casts they try not t
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First read of the Readorama round 3 readathon.
Really enjoyed this graphic novel.
For all fans of the House of Night series.
Really recommend.
Clinton Read
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I gave this a 4.5 stars out of 5 stars. I loved this. But then again I am trash for everything House Of Night. This gave me everything that I wanted. This brought me history, magic, love and friendship. I def want to look up the true histories of these amazing women. This collection brought us lesson's I feel like we all need to learn in our lives. I will def remember these and try to live my life better because of them. P.S. I also loved the Artwork. I liked seeing the many faces of Nyx through ...more
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

Review: I received this for review from NetGalley and I guess I jumped the gun a little, I requested it because I really wanted to read the series but knew that I wouldn't be able to get my hands on it any time soon and figured this would be a good substitute. Well turns out someone actually gifted me the series this month, well the first 8 which is a lot of books, and after finishing reading this
Lu (Sugar & Snark)
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was surprisingly fun! 1-5 went to so fast and I LOVED the vampyre lore and history, it was fascinating!

The Goddess Nyx sets out to teach Zoey 5 lessons so that she can become a better leader to The Dark Daughters and by doing so we learn about the history of vampyres.

It worked out perfectly for me, cause it seems the events took place after the first book (which I read). I don't think it should spoil much for a first time reader of the series tho, and to be honest I think this series is a m
Nickcole
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5

I really loved this story and the idea that vampires are not bad, they have always been there just misunderstood. The only thing I didn't care of is that I missed out on what the book was about at first. It took me a few minutes to realize that if you want to understand what's going on with the characters you have to read the actually book.
Nicole Dunton
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Zoey Redbird has exposed Aphrodite for her bullying ways. In result, she's taken Aphrodite's place as leader of the Dark Daughters. Leading up to her first meeting, she starts questioning if she's meant to be the leader. Nyx tasks here with learning five lessons so she can always be sure she will be good enough.

I want to preface this by saying two things. I bought this four years ago and never read it because I found it hard to read on the kindle. I also haven't really had the opportunity to re
Jess Twibey
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice lil read, adorable illustrations! Just the quick pick me up read needed for a house of night fix till the next full book comes out! Would love to hear more vampyre stories from this perspective especially ones the fledglings have to learn about
Kittynelson
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed it and it was interesting but sometimes the drawing style bugged me :/
Ariel
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, did-not-finish
DNF for now. I think reading the novels first will help. Very beautiful artwork though.
Ashley Brilinski
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

Beautiful story (which could be read alone but I highly recommend the House of Night series) & beautiful artwork. The artist did a great job with the characters & scenery.
Heather
Mar 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: vampire, manga-comic
There was one good thing about this book. And that was the cover.

Not that I expected much from a comic version of a book, but... This was hardly recognizable. It's just 5 chapters, each chapter is Zoey learning a lesson from a story Damien reads from the Handbook. An occasional short flashback to explain something that happened because they started with book 2 and suddenly realized Oh, stuff happened in book 1, let's flashback.

The focus is obviously on these stories and everything else is pushed
Cyndy Otty
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Personally, I'm finding the current trend of giving popular books a graphic novel treatment to be a bit played out. But the one thing this particular series-turned-comic has going for it is that it's a new story rather than a straight adaptation.

Unfortunately, it suffers from a lot of inconsistency, especially in the art which vacillates between being confusing due to differing from the book descriptions to downright, well, awful and ugly. The story itself is rather weak and incredibly forgettab
Kerry
I have a love/hate relationship with the novels so I'm not sure why I thought the graphic novel would be any better.
Red
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not sure where to begin. Aphrodite is her normal slur-tossing spoiled self with insecurities galore.

They stay strong to the fundamentals. Vampyres have to get permission to feed, the feeding is not painful but pleasurable and gentle on the senses. They have been hunted and hurt for a long time on account of what they are. And Zoey is capable of learning each element.

Seeing Stevie Rae, I both love how she looks and it does not match how I always saw her in the books, which might be good, as I al
Alan D.D.
Serving as a "Book 1.5," this has been a amazing addition to the whole series that makes us understand what kind of lessons learned Zoey between the first two books in order to become a real High Priestess in training.
However, these are lessons we also should apply in daily life in order to be fair leaders and better humans, simple thigs we often forget used in a mythological setting, well-known tales we all remember but retold from the HoN world's perspective, which is amazing! The third issue,
Soobie's scared
I bought it because I read most of the books in the series, but when I started reading I was extremely confused because I was waiting for Lissa to pop up in the story. Then I realized that I had mixed up House of Night with Vampire Academy. After that, the light turned on and I could more or less picture in my mind all I remember from the novels.

So, yeah, maybe this one should be read while reading the books, when the memory is still fresh.

Apart from that, the story centers around Zoey and the f
Tanya H
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked it - but - having read the original novel series I found it lacking. I had trouble thinking of all the things not fully explained. But, I recognize if you have not read the novel versions you would never know and likely enjoy immensely.

As a teacher, who is looking for graphic novels of YA novels to use in a classroom with low-level reading but with appropriate/high interest for teenagers, I thought this would be very good. I was disappointed with a violent gang rape scene and extreme vi
Farren
So... I didn't read the synopsis and thought this was a graphic novel adaptation of the first five books. Oops. It does have some reminders of things that happened, but it's focused on women that Nyx has given affinities to in the past and how Zoey learns from their stories. I really liked the art style, and although there were several artists working on different issues, everything is consistent and the characters are depicted perfectly and are easy to identify. However, at the end of the day, ...more
Danielle
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3 out of 5 stars. I used to really love the house of night series but as I aged I started to see how utterly flawed it was. This graphic novel is no different. I don't understand why it's so graphic (sex, rape, beatings, homophobia, etc), yet the characters act like they just turn 13. It's frustrating! It just rubs me the wrong way now that I'm older. I also feel a theme of men always being the root of the almighty goddesses issues. The art in this book is better than other book to graphic novel ...more
Emily Cooper
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
The House of Night series is one of my all-time favorite series, and the graphic novel was just a lot different than the books. I know that the artists have some creative expression and the authors took some liberties with changing how things went down, I just wasn't a big fan. I'm also new to the graphic novel world so maybe it's partially me. It was nice to see some of my favorite characters brought to life through this art though!
Zimt
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Legacy is best read after book one in the House of Night series. It gives additional background story which helps to understand the House of Night world. The drawings were really nicely done and because of the choosen format it was also really easy to read as e-book. The stories were sad, strong and full of hope all at the same time. The drawings made the perception even more intense. A beautiful collection of short stories.
Megan
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such A Great Companion To The Series

If you've enjoyed some of all the books in this world, I recommend this book.

This was a great addition and a nice refresher about the beginning of the series. I loved the addition of mixing mythology with modern times and showing a variety of strong women.

I am looking forward to getting back to this world soon!

Trigger Warnings: death, some sexual violence, bullying

TW: death, some sexual violence, bullying
VonLeonhardt
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Hmm.

Hmm.

So, I'm not sure what to say about this book. I am glad it explores sexuality in the way it did, and the fact that it was banned is bizarre to me. Nothing in this book should cause concern, and its portrayal of het-sex is actually some of the better for teens I have read.

I guess I am not a fan of the world building and story? I'm going to give the novels a try some day and see if it was a format issue, or something deeper.
Lauren
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting foray into the Cast world of books. I picked this up at a local comic book store because I had heard of the author’s name, but I wasn’t familiar with her work. It was very cool learning about the magic system in the House of Night books. I look forward to continuing the series to learn more about these characters.
Sue Gill
Jul 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I havent read the novels. I quite enjoyed this as a lite read. The reworking of ancient gods, goddesses and myths was quite fun.
The life lessons somewhat corney.
The art mainly godd with some gorgeous touches. I was a little saddened but not surprised by the over sexualisation of female characters and the propensity for groin length skirts that had to flare up at the back.
Samantha
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cast-pc
Simply beautiful! So beyond excited to see the nerd herd brought to life and the many faces of Nyx... goddess worthy! Excellent choice in stories to draw out. I love the combination of history, mythology, and vampire lore. As a big fan of the HON series, this is a perfect addition for any fan.
Christina
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I picked this up not knowing it was based off a YA series. I did like the historical references. However it's hard to enjoy as a standalone because it feels like it references things from the book series that you don't know without reading it.
Beckywecky94
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked how the authors took cleopatra, Odess, Hercules, freya, and the Amazon’s and applied them using vampyres. Where each one stood for one of the five elements. This was the first graphic novel that I have ever read. I thought it was very neat to see the story in addition to reading it!
Lana
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book
Just as good as the rest of the Cast series
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Comic books/Graph...: House of Night: The Graphic Novels 1 3 May 17, 2013 04:31AM

• Dragon's Oath (House of Night Novellas, #1)
  • Lenobia's Vow (House of Night Novellas, #2)
  • Forgotten (House of Night Other World, #3)
  • Kalona's Fall (House of Night Novellas, #4)
  • Loved (House of Night Other World, #1)
  • Found (House of Night Other World, #4)
  • Lost (House of Night Other World, #2)
  • Nyx in the House of Night: Mythology, Folklore and Religion in the PC and Kristin Cast Vampyre Series
  • Neferet's Curse (House of Night Novellas, #3)
  • The Fledgling Handbook 101
  • Destined (House of Night, #9)
  • Redeemed (House of Night, #12)
  • Burned (House of Night, #7)
  • Revealed (House of Night, #11)
  • Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Skyward, Vol. 3: Fix the World
  • The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide
  • Tempted (House of Night, #6)

House of Night: The Graphic Novel (5 books)
  • House of Night #1 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • House of Night #2 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • House of Night #3 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • House of Night #4 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #4)
  • House of Night #5 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #5)

News & Interviews