Start by marking “Roping Your Heart (Riding Tall, #2)” as Want to Read:
Roping Your Heart (Riding Tall, #2)

Roping Your Heart (Riding Tall #2)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  585 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
The Cat Hayden returning to her childhood home after nineteen years is a different person, and a tragic accident has left her insecure about her appearance. But her heart is still filled with memories of the love she left behind… Blake McBride.

Blake recognizes Cat with his heart, a heart that never stopped loving her. But that heart was broken when she left so long ago. Ca
Published October 27th 2012 by Pink Zebra Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Roping Your Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roping Your Heart

SheLove2Read
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of "older" couples
Shelves: 2013
I liked this one much more than the first book in the series.

Cat and Blake were high school sweethearts, torn apart by what were at the time insurmountable obstacles for them both. The intervening years weren't the best for either of them: Cat was disfigured and almost killed during a savage attack by a horse she was rehabilitating, and Blake endured many years of an unhappy and loveless marriage. Fast forward 18 years - they meet again at a 4-H camp Cat is working at, unbeknownst to either of
✿-Anna-✿
There isn't much to say about this story except how incredible it is to think that you can leave the man you loved for almost 15 years, come back into his life, on the down low, and still have him love you as if you never left... that only happens in a romance. *giggles*

The romance between the main characters actually wasn't the main focus in the story between Cat and Blake actually... it was the fact that Blake's ex-wife wanted to take his daughter to live with her.

Even though the couple had t
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cat Hayden hasn't had an easy life. She grew up with two alcoholic parents. The only good thing about her childhood was being with Blake McBride but after finishing high school she wanted nothing more than to leave town and Blake wouldn't go with her so they broke up and she left on her own.

When she was 19 working working with a rancher on rehabilitating horses the horse turned on her broke many bones, cracked her skull and cheek. This required both brain surgery and extensive plastic surgery w
Judith
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
There are myriads of novels about two lovers who have left one or the other behind, who come back in several years to re-ignite their relationship. But in this novella, Ms McCray brings together lovers after nearly two decades of time and distance, both of whom are now divorced, both of whom have wondered if love would ever find them, and both of whom still cherish what they shared in a deeply hidden part of their hearts. Now Cat and Blake re-unite as friends, as CPA (Cat) and client(Blake) as w ...more
Linda Strong
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
It's a beautiful romance when Cat returns to her home town to take care of her ailing grandmother and runs into Blake McBride .... the boy she left behind so many years ago. Blake has never stopped loving Cat, but since she had left town without a look backwards, he's not sure he can trust her with his heart again.

They both have issues to overcome. He has a teenaged daughter whose mother abandoned them both. Cat has a disfiguring scar on her face that has left her so different from the happy gir
Kameron
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A love like Blake and Cat's is rare. What's even rarer is finding it again after life has pulled a couple in two different directions.
I truly believe this story will touch many reader's hearts.
Some will relate to a "lost love".
Many have dealt with an ex, like Blake has, who is battling or battled a drug/alcohol addiction.
Countless people have or are in the middle of a divorce with a child involved.
But this story has what we all want in life...... A HAPPY ENDING. :)
Nicole
I really liked this book. Good romance and backstory.
Passionpages50
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Love comes full circle at 4-H Ranch"
*Free Audible credit received for an honest review*

Roping Your Heart: Riding Tall is the second chance romance story between Blake McBride and Cat Hayden.
Their love story began 19 years before the start of this story, back when the two were just young high school kids in love. Cat always had dreams of getting out of the small town she grew up in and away from her abusive, alcoholic parents. Blake McBride did not share her wanderlust and wanted to remain in to
Lori
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
The heart never forgets it's first love.

I really enjoyed this book. It's a really good story with a little steamy romance and a HEA. You'll want to keep your earbuds in for parts of this book.

Even though this is a second chance at first love story there is so much more going on. For a shorter story there is a lot packed into it. It's well written, flows smoothly and while it is a sweet story in many ways there are times it is also an emotional roller-coaster and covers some very serious
Patty
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Single dad and second chance romance combined in one book! How can you possibly go wrong with this combination? Cheyenne McCray has written a wonderful installment to the Riding Tall series with single dad, Blake McBride and his returning high school sweetheart, Cat Hayden. So much has happened in 19 years of the two being apart, but the draw between them is too strong. With a strong willed 14 year old, a crazy ex-wife and baggage on both sides to sort through, this couple navigates through life ...more
TinaMarie
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rock Chick
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it

Its a sweet second chance romance. I loved both characters, I understood both of them, and as much as I wanted them to be together, I admired Cat for having the courage to leave and try to built a life outside of the small town she grew up in.

Blake also moved on. He got married and divorced and has a beautiful daughter. He also has a bitchy ex (as all male characters seem to have).

Samantha Schafer
*audio*

I enjoyed the narrator, but I prefer duo narrators with audio books.

The story line itself just didn't do it for me. Seemed kind of all over the place and rushed.
Maria
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Audiobook Review
Great story, and fantastic narrative.
Lost love, second chance romance, who doesn't like those!
David Quimby never disappoints, always an enjoyable listen for me.
Barbara
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gave the audiobook 3 1/2 stars. The story was engrossing with good character development. Wish the narrator had been better with the female roles.
Syahira Sharif
Nov 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Roping Your Heart is one of the contemporary series about Cat who came back to her hometown for her grandmother after years of staying away from everyone including her teenage love, Blake whom she left for a better life, away from her miserable father. Scarred from an incident with a horse and from her miserable marriage which end with the tragic lost of her daughter. She came back to her old world and seemed to never remember why she wanted to leave in the first place when she sees Blake whom s ...more
Victoria
"It’s like no time has passed at all.”

She tilted her head to the side. “Even though I don’t look the same?”

He gave a slow nod. “It doesn’t matter a damned bit that you look a little different.”

“A little different?” She shook her head even as his words echoed in her mind. “You didn’t even recognize me.”

“You know that a part of me did.” He studied her eyes. “You’re just as beautiful as you ever were. You’re still KitCat to me.”

3.5+ RATING- I recently read my first Cheyenne McCray book and enjoyed
Carey Decevito
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
A wonderful story of love lost and rediscovered...possibly.

Cat Johnson, a former barrel racer, comes back home as a different person. Scarred both emotionally and physically, she tries to rebuild her life. Coming home should have been a good thing but she wasn't quite sure based on how she'd left it some 18 years before.

Blake couldn't believe his eyes when he discovers that the alluring yet also very familiar person that had been coaching his daughter was his long lost love, Cat Johnson.

Caught i
Kumiko Lei  ~Lost In A Book~
This was decent. I will say, it surprised me. I wasn't planning on reading anymore in this series but I'm glad I did. I liked this one more than the first in the series. The characters in this one were more complex and more emotionally scarred.

I didn't notice a lot of overly descriptive details like in the first one and if they were there the story kept me from noticing.

I lean a little toward the vengeful side and didn't like the way Sally got away with all her sneaky, conniving bitchiness. The
Amanda
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and the characters as well as the whole story. The whole custody situation was great to read about and really brought a complicated situation that happens all to often to light.
This whole book had a pretty strong back story...all the different characters were very well fleshed out. I knew while reading the previous book in this series that I was going to like Blake's story and it didn't disappoint me one bit.
So far this has been my favorite...let's see what the next few
Angel
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Joy Whiteside
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was another amazing read by the fantastic Cheyenne McCray.

From the moment that I picked this book up, there was no putting it down until I was finished.

It moved along at an amazing pace, has characters that you fall in love with instantly and want to see happy no matter what, and a story that keeps you entertained and interested throughout.

Cheyenne McCray is a very talented author and I am looking forward to reading more of her work in the future.
Denise Koopman
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so very much. It has been a very long time since I cried over a book. It was very romantic and filled with so much love for all the family. It was also heartbreaking, not to spoil the book but imagine a child that you thought for 14 years was tour's and come to find out she wasn't't and was taking from you. A real heartbreak and I loved the whole story from page 1 to the end. I would want all my friends to read these series if books. They are wonderful!
Sheri
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
First love that lasted a lifetime. That's this story. When circumstances put them together again, it's like they were never apart. There's much more to the story than that, and it was a good read. The hero's daughter is a big part of the story, and I enjoyed that whole family aspect. It's a big part of the couple's conflict, and it worked really well. Very enjoyable. It's nice reading about a couple that's a bit older than the usual romance.
Betty
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cat Hayden left her childhood home 19 years ago. Living with her alcoholic and abusive father had just become to much for her to handle. Blake McBride was the sweetheart that she broke up with and left behind. Now, 19 years later she has returned.
This is a wonderful story of second chances and a love that has refused to die. I enjoyed the story and the wonderful characters that brought the story to life. Well written and fairly fast paced. Well worth the read!
Treasa Ryder
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love this man.. Blake is soft and sexy and exciting and sees beyond what Cat feels she is. She has been through a lot and Blake takes things from where they left off all those years ago and runs with it. They are both still in love with one another and deny it and then when they admit it things took off. Then with Blake's daughter things were touch and go but Cat won her over and they made a great family.
Peni
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Recommended
Shelves: contemporary
Cat and Blake belong together. Due to decisions made at an early age, they are separated, as happens often in real life. This story shows where the lines between loving and caring for your loved one can get mixed up with our own desires and needs. Isn't loving, after all putting the loved one first trusting that they are doing the same? So ... is this a story ultimately about trusting or about true love? You decide. This story is definitly recommended.
Annelise
Jun 07, 2013 rated it liked it
It was a good read, there was just no rush. You know? Those times when you cant put down the book because you just need to read the next paragraph, then to the end of the chapter and before you know it, its 5 in the morning and you just finished the book before you need to shower for work. That rush!
Alison Davies
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cat had a hard life, her abusive father caused her to flee her hometown and the love of her life. 18yrs later after heartbreak and a serious accident, that scarred her for life.. she's back to take care of her sick grandmother,, when teaching the kids how to ride horses, she bumps into Blake, who's never stopped loving her, even when she walked out on him... I'm loving this series
Brittany
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book. It didn't really make sense in that it was the 2nd book of a series. This really could have been a stand alone story. I liked the action and romance in this book, but was somewhat disappointed that the sister's book wasn't the second story. Lucky for me the sister is book 3!
  • Ty's Temptation (Bad in Boots, #2)
  • Dylan  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #2)
  • Momentum (Buckin' Bull Riders, #3)
  • Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch #4; Rocky Mountain House #4)
  • Darn Good Cowboy Christmas (Spikes & Spurs, #3)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • Malice Striker (Viking Vengeance, #1)
  • Worth The Trouble (Texas Trouble, #9)
  • Lawless (Aspen, #2)
  • Justice Healed (Cowboy Justice Association, #2)
  • I'll See You in My Dreams (Hell Yeah!, #8)
  • Undeniable (The Dalton Gang, #1)
  • Blackthorne (Heart of Fame #8)
  • Make Mine a Cowboy (Cowboy Dreamin', #1)
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • Two Times as Hot (Oklahoma Nights, #2)
Cheyenne McCray is an award winning, New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author who is a rare native Arizonan but refuses to be put behind glass as an endangered species.

In her spare time she loves to torture characters—whether they’re misbehaving or not—and kill off deserving individuals. She also totally gets off on blowing things up. All fictionally, of course. She’d rather chew glass th
More about Cheyenne McCray

Riding Tall (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Branded for You (Riding Tall, #1)
  • Fencing You In (Riding Tall, #3)
  • Tying You Down (Riding Tall, #4)
  • Playing with You (Riding Tall, #5)
  • Crazy for You (Riding Tall, #6)
  • Hot for You (Riding Tall, #7)
  • Made for You (Riding Tall, #8)
  • Held by You (Riding Tall, #9)
  • Belong to You (Riding Tall, #10)
  • Amazed by You (Riding Tall)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Don't Say A Word
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)