Start by marking “A Man To Trust” as Want to Read:
A Man To Trust

A Man To Trust

The battered survivor of an abusive marriage, Angela doesn’t mourn her husband’s death in a drug deal gone bad. But she’s not sure she can survive losing her heart to the handsome detective who believes she’s a criminal, too.

Tasked with Angela’s safety after she’s targeted by an unknown enemy, Jake discovers the beautiful widow is not what she seems. He soon realizes that
Kindle Edition
Published October 13th 2012 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Man To Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Man To Trust

Joy
Aug 26, 2013 rated it liked it

234 pages

I’m not going to regurgitate what’s already been said but it kept me reading that’s for sure even if I found a couple of things a bit too silly to believe. Like some of Angela’s actions, persistently placing herself in danger when she knew there was a hit out on her and at one point when she did the silliest thing of all forcing Alex to go all gung ho and chase after her to her captives lair without thought to the consequences of leaving his son an orphan particularly after the way they
Mical
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good riveting suspense.

A good read that will keep your interest. Always knowing the hero will win the day. Will he get the girl?
Anna's Herding Cats
Ahhh I liked this one. It was my first time reading Yeko and she kept me very entertained, turning the pages and ignoring the housework much longer than I should have.

A Man to Trust was the perfect combination of an exciting suspense and a steamy romance as Jake tries to keep Angela safe from those out to stop her testimony in a drug case. One of the things I really liked was that the story starts somewhat in the middle of things with the big event that sparked the story already having happened
Ruth Hill
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, mystery
The story line for this book was fantastic. It is a great romance and mystery/thriller. I can recommend this book easily due to it readability, likable characters, and resolved ending. The story is pretty straightforward, and thankfully the romance is not sappy. There are some portions that deal with marital abuse that are difficult to read. I like the fact that the details of Angela's past come out in little spurts throughout the book, and I was pleased with how well the author handled this wri ...more
Buffy Kennedy
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Right off, the bottom line is I loved this story. The dynamics between everyone involved in the case, the family dynamics between Jake and his brother (and their kids), and the friendship dynamics between Angela and her best friend were so natural and multilayered. The case itself has depth and stays active throughout the plot.

The characters themselves were all very compelling. Other than the villain(s), there is no one that I did not like, in fact I generally only wanted more. Angela’s dark pa
Buffy Kennedy
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The characters themselves were all very compelling. Other than the villain(s), there is no one that I did not like, in fact I generally only wanted more. Angela 19s dark
S.J.
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This story took hold of me on page one. I instantly liked Angela (heroine) and began cheering for her, but Jake (hero) didn't buy her story, and boy oh boy, it made for some page turning fun. As the story begins to develop, Jake is forced to take another look at this sexy female and protect her from men trying to kill her. This book lives up to the name romantic suspense, you have them both, live and in heart pounding action.

There are several hot scenes in here as well. Cheryl does a great job o
Kimberley Humphrey
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Yeah I liked it. I loved Jake. Really what's not to like. He's a sexy, alpha cop & bonus he's a twin :) His occasional doubt in Angela I understood, even if it frustrated me a bit & made me want to yell "just talk to her".
Angela's back story is sad. I really got her idea of not getting involved with a man again but when the pleasures so good who can blame her for slipping. She did frustrate me with some of her stupid moves, deliberately putting herself in harms way when she knew the thre
Janna Shay
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Man to Trust is a fast-paced contemporary romantic suspense that will grab your attention from the first page to the last. Cheryl Yeko once again demonstrates her talent for words as she weaves a story of an assassin’s attempt to silence a witness, and the police officer who is faced with the dilemma of duty verses desire as he tries to stop the killer.

The sizzling chemistry between the incredibly sexy Jake and the seductively beautiful Angela burns up the pages as you follow their road to tru
Teresa Stirewalt
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book the story was very involving pulled me right into the situation and I was able to place myself into the story and forget about the real world for awhile. I couldn't put the book down. This the third book I have read by this author I have read 2 other books written by her. Protecting Rose and Mountain Hero, I will be following all this up with her book Abducting Casey and I can hardly wait to dive on in.
Virginia Lee Boylan
A book worth the time to read but didn't keep me up late to do so. The heroine's past and her gradual coming to terms with it was endearing, but some of the solutions to the story's problems were a bit too pat, especially the end with one of the bad guys conveniently resolving all the prior dangers. Some editing problems had me pausing a few times, too.
InD'tale Magazine
The plot sounded promising, a detective and a woman he should never fall for against the backdrop of suspense and danger. However, there were some problems with the execution.

Read full review in the 2013 May issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Diane
A decent Kindle freebie! Awoman who is a victim of her late husband's abuse then gets caught up in his business affairs, and someone is out to kill her for what she knows. The cop who is assigned to protect her thinks she is guilty as sin, but is unwillingly attracted to her, and sparks fly!
Julianna
I liked it, just wasn't a huge fan of his up and down, jerking her emotions around.
Cyndi Hackett
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-surprise-hit
Nice love story. jack drove me crazy but in the end it was a good story
Paranormal Kiss
Sep 29, 2015
Angela  P McLeod
Jun 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
My writing career began when my wonderful husband bought me a Kindle for Christmas and changed my world. I started reading romance novels, and fell in love with them. I decided to write one myself, and disappeared into my room over a long Wisconsin winter and wrote my debut novel, PROTECTING ROSE. I submitted to a few publishing houses and was offered a contract with Soul Mate Publishing, which I ...more