Start by marking “Wingspan (Taken on the Wing, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wingspan (Taken on the Wing, #1)

Wingspan (Taken on the Wing #1)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Jenn Klein was raised in the human world unaware of her gryphon heritage or the legacy before her. Devastated by the death of her twin brother, she makes the uncharacteristic decision to find emotional connection with a stranger, a man she knows only as Talon in the cave-like sleeper cab of his rig. But no sooner is she introduced to the gryphon world they’re meant to shar ...more
Published May 1st 2013 by Blue Swell Books (first published April 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wingspan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wingspan

Jonel Boyko
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This novel was a lovely introduction to griffons. Munro found herself a niche in the realm of supernatural literature without getting hung up with the mainstream supernatural beings. She also develops a unique mythology to go with her characters. Everything regarding the culture and history of the griffon is laid out for her audience, but she does so in a very entertaining and captivating manner.

Munro’s characters are quite well developed. You get to know the main characters inside and out. They
Taylor Caitlin
I received this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

The story follows Jenn/Shadow, a human/gryphon woman who falls in love, finds her long lost family, and takes her place as a royal leader of her family's eyrie.

The beginning of the book is very confusing, and not just because of the frustrating writing style and poor editing. The gryphon lore the author bases the story on is very complex and unfamiliar to me, with very little explanation or background provided. It wasn't until about halfw
G. Gaynor
Oct 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Lisa Lenox
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: orphans
This book makes me sad. Why? Because there's an excellent story here, and little kernels of characters, but they never develop any real depth, and the writing is sketchy, at times abrupt, and generally quite unclear. One is never sure where a thought is going, and I don't mean that in the suspenseful, exciting way, but rather the confusing, muddled way.
And I do mean there's an excellent story. I really wanted it to be good. Sadly, it just never reaches that plateau of good storytelling. Perhaps
Deanna Albert
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story and really long but.........

I loved this book. The creation of these creatures is pretty original and really imaginative. I only noticed a few typos, and considering the size of the thing that's impressive. My only problem here is that it's written in the present tense, something that most authors don't do and it took me some time to get used to. Because of this, I got lost several times in parts of the story and had to go back and re-read. Other than that, this book is one of my fav
Jamie Lagenbrunner
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was just a tremendously easy read and an exciting story. I was asked if I wanted to buy her book because I had bought one before so it wasn't a lot and I did. I'm glad I did. I had a few hours to kill on Sunday and stayed up late to find out how Jenn and Mark turned out. I love the gryphon world she made. Her transition between points of view was very easy. She's just a really good writer and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this. My wife grabbed my Kindle when I was finished and started ch ...more
Selina
Oct 06, 2013 rated it liked it
This review is my personal opinion and not necessarily true for other readers. If you are thinking about reading this book do not let this review sway you too much.
First of all I want to say that I thought it had poor writing and was also very confusing as to what was happening.
Although, I did enjoy the new concept of gryphons. The love story was also okay but it seemed somewhat unrealistic.
That is why I gave this book three stars. If the author had just spent a little bit more time editing a
Siobhan Serra-coles
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I won this book (free) thru Goodreads and I was soooooo happy I did! I loved this book and can't wait for book 2! After years of feeling alone, Jenn unexpectedly finds someone who could make that hurt go away. This is when Shadow is born and her coming of age helps Jenn find what she's always wanted. Family. Friends. Home.
Carolyn Miller
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I really enjoyed this start of the series and if this anything to go by the series can only get better. From one frying pan into another and learning her past the heroine is perfect. Loved it and definitely recommend it to others.
Jody Marie Dewey
Good read

Good read

excellent characters. good story. I would have lied to read more about Terry. The first meeting between Talon and Shadow was a bit abrupt. I would have liked a bit more on that.
Kristin
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I got this book in a goodreads giveaway and I was stunned at how good it was. I can't wait for the next one to come out.
Stephanie
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I received this book as part of a Goodreads giveaway. It was an interesting read, I hadn't read a book about gryphon/humans before. Entertaining and the author obviously did a lot of research!
Elizabeth
Mar 29, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
If you haven't picked up your copy, Wingspan is free on Instafreebie until April 30, 2017. Available in mobi, epub and pdf.
Auntie Sherry
Jun 04, 2016
Jacq
May 14, 2013
Marti Poston
Sep 23, 2015
Holly Elizabeth Hobbs
rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2018
Peggy
Jun 23, 2016
Luz Boschulte
Jan 05, 2015
  • Eternal Flame (Guardians, #1)
  • Time Thief (The Anomaly #1)
  • The Sandman (Reveler, #7)
  • Tempest Rise (Treborel, #1)
  • Daughters of the Jaguar- Boxed Set (Book 1-2)
  • Coyote Home: Coyote Hunger Book 1
  • The Purrfect Picture (Australian Shifters, #2)
  • Retribution (Dragonlands #3)
  • The Key (Project Enterprise, #1)
  • Highland Beast (High Plains Shifters #1)
  • Roxanne Desired (Prime Wolf, #2)
  • Primitive Fix (Primitive, #1)
  • Reluctant Protector (Protectors, #1)
  • King of Prey (King of Prey, #1)
  • The Dragon and the Wolf (Things in the Night, #1.5)
  • Love on the Run
  • Unburying Hope
Elizabeth Munro lives in the rainforest on Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband and kids. She has published six books, the three volume Chronicles of Anna, a contemporary time travel/reincarnation fantasy, Wingspan and Skyfall, gryphon shifter romances and her science fiction romance Constant.

She’s a recent fan of Aussie spec fiction and loves finding unusual stories set in common places. And
More about Elizabeth Munro

Taken on the Wing (2 books)
  • SkyFall (Taken on the Wing, #2)
“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.” 2 likes
“What kind of hellish punishment does Lev have planned if he needs the females’ crazy magic moon water? Nothing Talon has ever heard of but the gryphon is a recluse and stories about him keep children from sneaking out alone; a terribly convoluted mixture of the rogue army attack on his eyrie, death, and the name Lev, one of the few survivors mean enough to live through it.” 1 likes