Start by marking “Jane's Gift (Lone Pine Lake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jane's Gift (Lone Pine Lake, #1)

Jane's Gift (Lone Pine Lake #1)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  710 Ratings  ·  112 Reviews
Lone Pine Lake’s resident playboy, fire captain Christian Nelson, is happy with his single-guy lifestyle. But when quiet, mysterious Jane Clark comes for a tour of the firehouse with her three small children, Chris is immediately drawn to the beautiful woman—even though he’s been burned by commitment in the past.

Jane’s been battling scars both physical and mental—having li
Published October 25th 2012 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Bliss) (first published October 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Jane's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jane's Gift

Wendy'sThoughts
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Karen Erickson fans, Holidays, Romance
3 Taking a Chance Again Stars
* * * Special Holiday Sale-99 Cents!!!
This is a holiday story which spans Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have a Mother of 3 who experienced the horror of a home fire. They were rescued but her husband did not make it. After going through all the treatments, surgeries and therapy, our gal has come back home to her family to start over.

It has been two years and Jane has learned all the tricks to cover the skin grafts on her face... she has come to terms with the scarr
Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
A refreshing story about how a family pulls together and moves forward after a devastating life altering fire.

Christian Nelson is the single fireman who has the label 'player' tattooed on his chest. Jane Clark is the mother of three who has been left a widow and a recovering burns victim after a house fire.

I am a sucker for a HEA plot and this is a feel good book. I will be looking for other books by this author as I liked her style of writing.

Kati
***Original review posted at Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance***

First thought I had when I read the blurb of Jane's Gift? Heck yes! If there's a fireman, fire chief or any man that wears turnouts, I'm totally in. I'm easy like that.

I'm going to preface this review with: have Kleenex on hand because you'll tear up a few times. The prologue will make you cry. Thanks Karen Erickson!

Jane Clark lost her husband and home in a fire and is left to raise her three children by herself. She's not re
MsRomanticReads
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to MsRomanticReads by: http://karenwritesromance.com/books/j...
This review was originally posted on my blog.

This touching story about grief, hope, renewal and finding love (again) was my first read by author Karen Erickson, and it won’t be my last. I liked Jane’s strong resolve to rebuild her life post tragedy that took her home, her husband and left her badly scarred. I also liked her over protective brothers and their families who rallied around her and took her in. Jane’s recovery was painful, but she’s determined to get better for herself and her childr
Emily
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Two years after almost losing her life in a fire, widower Jane Clark has moved back home to Lone Pine Lake to start over with her three children in tow. Wanting to ease the fear of fire for her children, and well herself, her brother arranges for them to meet Captain Christian Nelson at the firehouse to learn about fire safety. She had not expected to find herself attracted to the town playboy, nor that his feelings maybe returned.

Christian usually avoids women with children, but everything abou
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 Stars

It’s really tough for me to read Christmas stories this early in the season, I’m a firm believer in the Christmas season doesn’t begin until after Thanksgiving (well except for Christmas shopping that is all done before, but that’s self preservation). However, this is my first holiday season with Guilty Pleasures and I’m reading Christmas themed stories way earlier than I normally would. I just hit the jackpot with Karen Erickson’s la
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed on: http://readyourwrites.blogspot.com

For Read Your Writes Book Reviews

Have you ever picked up a book and immediately KNEW you were going to like it ? That was my experience with Jane's Gift. I was hooked with the second sentence. Jane's Gift is a wonderful book that will have you rooting for Jane and Chris as they deal with the obstacles they face on their journey to a truly happy and fulfilling life.

How soon is too soon to move on with your life after you lose your spouse? Should you
Tina "IRead2Escape"
If you are looking for a heartwarming, sweet read to help put you in the Christmas spirit Jane's Gift may be just the book for you.

Jane Clark woke up from a 2 month long medical induced coma to discover her life has turned into the worst possible nightmare. Her home was destroyed in a fire, a fire she barely made it out of alive thanks to her husband. Running back in to save the children Jane was burnt severely and her husband was killed. Now, 2 years later she has moved back to her hometown to
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
The book grabbed me from the prologue with Jane's tragedy and had me going until the end with anticipation of a HEA.

Jane has tons of battle scars physically and mentally. She is widowed and now a single mother.

Christian (Chris) is the fire captain and Jane's brother 's best friend. He also happens to be the town player who is not looking for commitment.

Because of Jane's past she is shy and timid and love is not on her radar. Well...until she meets the heartthrob fire captain who is the person th
Melanie
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The above blurb is a perfect hook for this heartwarming and very touching story of one woman’s acceptance of the tragedy that befell her family and hope for their future.

Jane Clark is surrounded by her children, her siblings and her parents, yet deep down she feels that the hole in her heart where her husband used to dwell, is empty. And when she decides to face her fears of fires and meets a man who just might help her do that and possibly offer her a second chance in love, she isn’t sure of he
Pam
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Jane’s Gift is a very enjoyable holiday story that tugs at your heart and has you believe in the miracle of love.

Jane Clark moved back home to the safety of her family after a devastating fire two years ago that killed her husband and left her with scars on both her body and mind. She is trying to get back to a normal life with her three kids however she has been unable to move on and even though her kids were not hurt in the fire, the two older ones seem to still be frightened.

With the help of
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥
You can find this review and more at Forever Book Lover.

I am a fan of Karen Erickson, she is known for her sexually charged erotic books. This my friends is quite different from her normal writings, this story is sensual but not overly heated. It is a true holiday romance book, it warms your heart, brings a tear to your eye and after reading it you know that love can overcome fear, loss and brings two seemly opposite people together. I think one of the things I liked about this story is the char
Anna Marie
Nov 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
Homigosh, you've GOT to be kidding me.

Our heroine has burns over 30% of her body. In the first three pages, she's cowered away, hid behind her hair, and cringed. One week later? She's tucking her hair behind her ear, openly flirting, and being Ms. Shwang. W.T.Heck?!?!?

And the cheesy writing. "We can see a comedy. I saw the preview. It looked like it was funny." <<< ?!?!?! Really. A comedy that looks like it might be funny. Who knew?

I'd really like a book that was what it was supposed to
Donna
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Jane and her three young children survive a fire that takes the life of her husband. Jane is burnt badly and it takes time for her to recover. Two years later Jane and her children have returned to the small town she grew up in. With her family close she is starting over.
Christian Nelson is the new fire captain and local playboy in town. He meets Jane and her children when she brings them to the station in hopes that it will help them get over their fear of fire. He is instantly taken with the
Angie
Nov 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Jane is a widow. She lost her husband in a house fire when he saved her and their childrens lives. But she didn't escape without permanent burn scars.

Two years later she and the children have moved back to her hometown to start over. Here she meets the handsome fire chief, Christian. Christian is equally smitten despite Jane's scars.

Some minor drama with Jane's resistance, Christian's occupation, the gossiping townsfolk, and the children's acceptance but all's well that ends well.

This book was
Eileen
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ms Erickson's writing is still fairly new to me but I wanted a Christmas story and I'm glad I read it for this holiday season. Jane lost so much in that fire but she has come far in two years and takes the next step to moving on with Christian. What a good match for them. Glad to see the interaction with her children too because it is a ready made family. Looking forward to the other sibling stories especially for Mac and Mindy.
Stella
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Such a heartfelt, moving wonderfully emotional story! I enjoyed it and even teared up a few times. The hero is dreamy and the heroine is lovable. Loved the many supporting characters and the whole community :-D A delightful story!! Detailed review to be posted soon.
Stephanie
I don't know how to rate this. This book was definitely not "my thing". Doesn't mean the writing was bad and the characters weren't good, it was just too sweet, predictable and cliché romance for my tastes.
Penny Watson
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
B+

I cried at the end. Super romantic ending and sweet story.

Sandy S
Nov 23, 2016 rated it liked it

About the book: November 5, 2012

Jane’s been battling scars both physical and mental—having lived through a devastating house fire years ago—so she’s hesitant when her brother’s
Ursula
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
A devastating house fire cost Jane Clark nearly everything: her husband, her confidence, and her looks, with the physical scars marbling her body. Now, two years later, she’s living and healing back in her childhood hometown of Lone Pine Lake. The upcoming holidays are the perfect opportunity to bring some Christmas cheer into her young children’s lives, starting with a visit to the firehouse, where her brother’s best friend has offered to help quell their residual fears.

Lone Pine’s resident pla
Rhianna
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Short, Sweet & Filled With Holiday Spirit

Two years ago, Jane Clark lost her husband and her home in a tragic house fire. Left with burn scars that remind her of how she almost lost her life too, she's still struggling to rebuild the life she lost. Returning to her hometown of Lone Pine Lake, Jane's focus is on making her three children feel safe and happy after so much trauma. There's nothing like the Christmas season to bring joy and smiles. But on a trip to the local firehouse where the id
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Also found on http://sillymelody.blogspot.com

Continuing on with my Christmas reads, I just finished a heartwarming Christmas story about overcoming tragedy in life. Nothing like sharing a heartwarming Christmas story during this time of year, so I bring you Jane's Gift by Karen Erickson.

Poor Jane, who lost almost everything in a house fire. Unfortunately, her husband was unable to survive the fire. At the same time she was able to survive and so were her kids.

Two years later, Jane and her childr
The Smutty Kitty
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
As posted on The Smutty Kitty

4 out of 5 Licks

Let me start this review by saying who doesn't love a sexy firefighter? I mean seriously if you don't then you might as well leave now. lol Yeah I had a feeling none of you would be leaving. *insert smug smile* Now Jane's had a rough few years. She was in a house fire that killed her husband and left her scarred physically and emotionally. Her children are scared of fire and a trip to the local firehouse helps ease their worries. Jane meets sexy fire
Cathy
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a very sweet story and a great start to a series. There is a lot of family, taking chances, second chances, coming into your own after something horrible happened and more family. This was endearingly delightful.

We meet Jane after she’s had a terrible accident and lost her husband. She’s trying to pick up the pieces of her life both for herself and her kids with the help of her family by moving back closer to them. She tries to be invisible but she’s caught the attention of the fire cap
Rhonda
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Jane's Gift by Karen Erickson
4 STARS

Jane's Gift is a tender story that takes place mostly in her small hometown over the holidays.
Jane wakes up in the hospital to find she has been in a coma for 3 months. Her children are okay but her husband died.
Two years later Jane has brought her 3 children home to live in her brothers second home. Jane has a big family and support system thier. Jane and her 3 children are a afraid of fire, with a good cause for it. Her younger brother Max arranged for them
P.e. lolo
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story about a mom who survives a house fire, but loses her husband. Her three children made out of the house and she finds out about her children surviving, and losing her husband before they have to put her into a coma because of her burns and the treatment for them. You pick up the story two years later and she is working on putting her life back together slowly. She moves back to her home town surrounded by family, and friends. Her brother has told her about an offer from ...more
Aimee
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a really good Christmas story with likable characters and a story that will touch your heart. Jane has gone through a lot in the past two years with losing her husband in the fire that took their home, recovering from her own burns, and learning to raise three kids on her own. She decides to head back to her home town to be close to her family and meets Christian, the town's fire captain. Jane is attracted to him immediately, but she does not even consider that he could be interested in ...more
Nicola
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is simply a lovely read. It has endearing characters, a good storyline and touching heartwarming moments combined with those that tug on the heartstrings a little.

Jane has returned to her family following a tragic fire 2 years previously which resulted in the death of her husband and her being left with terrible injuries. Her scars aren't only on the surface; left with three small children she is still grieving and understandably self-conscious. Christian is her younger brother's best frien
Alison
Three and a half stars.

This was a super sweet, behind closed doors, holiday romance.

Jane and her children survived a horrible house fire in which her husband died and she received terrible burns. Two years later, she has moved back to Lone Pines to be with her family but she and the children are still traumatised. After they react badly to lighting the living room fire, Jane's brother Mac suggests she take the children to the fire station for a private open day to get them less scared of fire. W
  • Desire by Design
  • Love Him or Leave Him (Small Town, Big Dreams, #2)
  • Real Men Don't Break Hearts (Real Men, #1)
  • Just for the Summer (Lake Bliss, #1)
  • Kissing Kendall (Maritime City, #2)
  • Sugar Rush
  • Luck of the Draw (Shamrock Falls, #2)
  • Flirting with Danger (Firefighters of Adelaide, #1)
  • His Reluctant Rancher (Three River Ranch, #2)
  • We'll Be Home for Christmas (Holloway, #3)
  • Speaking of Love (Perfect Kisses, #2)
  • Playing the Maestro
  • A Cinderella Christmas Carol (Suddenly Cinderella, #1.5)
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Duke
  • The Switched Baby Scandal
  • The Best of Me (Return to Briarwood, #2)
  • Lord of Fire and Ice
3198951
USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson lives in central California with her husband, three kids, one dog and too many cats. Being a romance writer and bringing her characters to life is her greatest dream come true.

She also writes as NYT & USA Today bestselling author Monica Murphy.

Karen's Facebook page:

More about Karen Erickson...

Lone Pine Lake (2 books)
  • Tempting Cameron (Lone Pine Lake, #2)