Start by marking “Impossible (With Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Impossible (With Me, #1)

Impossible

(With Me #1)

Ashton Summers is on her way to becoming the most popular girl in school and nothing—or no one—is going to stand in her way. Especially not Luca Byron, her freak neighbor, with his tattoos, loud music, and distracting green eyes.

Luca Byron has three goals in life: get through high school with a low profile, make sure his garage band becomes something more than a hobby, and
Published October 24th 2012 by Komal Lewis

To ask other readers questions about Impossible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impossible

Komal Kant
Nov 16, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-wrote
There is no way I could rate or review my own book without being biased, so instead I decided to use this space to:

1) Thank everyone for supporting/buying/reviewing/spreading the word about 'Impossible'

2) Write a few fun facts about 'Impossible' because sometimes I have a bad memory and I will probably forget these myself in a few weeks. :P

Thank you everyone for the interest in my little book. I'm glad it made you laugh, cry, want to punch Ashton etc. I respect everyone's reviews, whether negati
Ails
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Remember when we made that deal that I would pretend to date you in exchange for a favor? Well, I’m cashing it in now. Don’t ever leave me. Don’t let me go. Always stay with me.”

Sweet. Youthful. Hilarious.

Ashton Summers and Luca Byron were best of friends until a tragedy caused their friendship to fall apart seven years ago. Ashton made new friends, joined the cheerleading team, and hung out with the popular kids while Luca made weird friends, formed a garage band, and became a social outcast
Ambur
Nov 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Impossible was a quick read for me, and I enjoyed it. :)

While I did enjoy Impossible, there were a couple of things that I think could've been done differently. First, I would have preferred that this book had been written in third person rather than first. I felt that first person made both Luca and Ashton seem very shallow, and it made it harder to like them...especially Ashton. Second, I wish that the topic of bullying had been handled better. Ashton was a horrible bully at the beginning of t
Angela Parker
I had a really hard time getting into this book. This isn't the first time I've read a book written in the first person. But it was the first time I had a hard time getting into it. It almost felt robotic.. Especially how Ashton explained her every step, and it all started with "I". Like- I walked to the front door. I opened the front door. I walked into the house.
I'll come back later and add a real example.

After having to mentally change things in my head as I read. I did obviously manage to
Sleepy
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book!! I think Luca is so sweet and sexy and cant help but love him!! As much as ashton treats him like shit he still trys to break down her walls and trys to become her friend again!! After he pushed her away after his dad died she finally stops trying with him and turns to the "popular "kids but in doing that she became a huge stuck up bitch!! She ONLY care about being popular!!! And she just gets pleasure in talking down to people including Luca and his friends but once ...more
Joy (joyous reads)
I have a grimace on my face.

The female lead was IMPOSSIBLE to like.
Libbie
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I knew I was going to have a rough time with this early on. Not the best phrasing, some questionable wording choices, choppy storytelling, etc, but I pressed on nonetheless. I love the boy/girl next door thing, always have, so I kept going just for the story.

I think I was at 60% on my kindle when I actually wondered out loud if Ashton would be a bitch through the whole damned book or if she would *ever* grow the hell up.

Unfortunately, the answer is not really. She has a few moments where I thoug
♥ Sarah
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anna
Shelves: fiction
3.5 delicious stars!

I love the whole enemies-to-lovers plot-line. And that’s exactly what Impossible was; it kind of reminded of the 90s movie, Drive me Crazy, starring Melissa Joan Hart. I remember sneaking into my older sister’s room to watch that movie as a kid. I loved it then, and I love it now.

Total comfort-read.

Overall: predictable, safe, and somewhat shallow, but...
So.
Much.
Fun.
description
Jessica
Nov 04, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: You're into cheating bastards and mean bitches? Go ahead and read this.
Ok, screw this. What is it with me and books full of cheating, lying bastards? Ugh! Seriously, I want to set this book on fire (which, unfortunately, I can't - seeing as it's on my Kindle...) *grumbles*

And for the record: NO, IT DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHETER OR NOT SHE KISSED HIM FIRST!!!!

Sorry, emotions are running a little high at the moment...
Nila
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm such a junkie for a loved-since-childhood romance! Though I had a lot of problems with this book, I read on to the end because the adorable Luca and the beautiful but shallow Ashton had been so close as children, and each had a special place in each other's heart. You just long to see them together. Tragedy and different goals have broken them apart. Ashton is a snob and one of the "popular" crowd in school: this is what she lives for. The author takes a chance by making Ashton so unlikeable ...more
Michelle Flick
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to start off this review with some honesty - when people pick up indie author's, they tend to be hesitant. What am I going to get out of this? Can this person really write a "good" story? What if I don't like it? All these thoughts are normal. However, Komal Lewis's debut novel will leave you with these answers: I got an awesome, well-rounded story. She can really write and leave me wanting more. I loved it!

I got to read the book prior to everyone else (Yes, I'm bragging).

I found myself
Avery
When I first discovered this book in the blogisphere world I knew that I had to get my hands on it- despite contemporary not being my 'go-to' genre (that belongs to YA paranormal)- There was something about this book that just called to me and pulled me out of my comfort zone and am I really glad that it did!

I really liked male main, Luca- think of any bad boy in YA (whether it be Jace, Daemon- whoever) and make him humble/ low-key and you have Luca. Luca never felt the need to flaunt himself o
Meredith
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Erica
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read IMPOSSIBLE by Komal Lewis in a day and loved it so much I read it again the very next day!
Ashton and Luca are next door neighbors and at one point they were best friends, but then tragedy strikes and the two drift apart growing into very different people. Ashton is popular, but she isn’t always very nice, while good-guy Luca is considered a freak for the way he dresses and the music he plays. Luca is amazing by the way—definitely my new book boyfriend.
Despite their differences, the two
Tatiana
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Эх, где мои школьные годы и мой милый плешивый сосед вояка, эх! :D Лука почему не ты был мои соседом???

Очень милая, немного наивная книга о взаимоотношения двух друзей, выросших вместе, но в средней школе оказавшись в разных социальных группах - Эш, самовлюбленная красотка, капитан команды черлиденга, Лука - мрачный изгой музыкант.
Не пошлая, простая, без особых драм, динамичная история. Прочитала на одном дыхании. Однозначно понравится поклонникам творчества Стефани Перкинс, Рэйнбоу Ровелл.
Autumn Doughton
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I feel this strange affinity with Komal Kant. We've never met or spoken, but we both released our first books within weeks of each other, and now (like we freaking planned it), we've released our new books within days of each other.
So, I've had this in my to-read pile for awhile and I thought last night, "you need to do this shit, Autumn." And I did and I am so glad. Love the story. Love the characters. Love the writing.
Now, I'm on to Kant's new book about Hadie and I am sure that I will lo
Abbie
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Actual rating - 2.5

I really couldn't stand the characters in this at first. They improved a little bit as the story progressed, but they still weren't ones that I could love.

This wasn't a bad read, but there were times where I felt a bit bored. It took me ages to get into it as well, because the characters were so unlikable.

Overall, Not bad, but had awful characters to start with.
Nikkita
This book is sweet and annoying and stupid but nice at the same time. Annoyed how stupid Ashy can be. But, uhm, I think you couldn't blame her? For what she did? Maybe, Just maybe, she did all that because, for people in middle school or high school or whatever, Popularity is really more important than anything. Stupid, I know, but still. Hmm. But I liked this book. Just annoyed how stubborn they can be.
Tamis
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Realmente no entiendo eso de las escalas sociales en las escuelas solo puedo decirles a todos aquellos que lo creen: ¡TODOS SOMOS IGUALES! no importa si eres rico o pobre. NUNCA intenten ser algo que no son solo se defraudara a ustedes mismo.

Me gusto el libro, me desespero un poco la prota pero en algún punto creo que la autora lo ha sabido manejar muy bien.

Y Luca Ma ma mia!!! es todo una cosita linda me encanto! ♥
Jodie
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-love-love
I'll grant you, Ashton was hard to like. Did it make me want to punch her in the throat at times? Hell yes! Did it make me wanna reach through the pages and ruffle Lucas's hair? More than once. Did it make the book less enjoyable? Abso-freakin-lutely NOT - it made it hella fun! I loved going down memory lane and remembering the sheer embarrassment that only a mother can invoke and re-visiting the friendship between highschool besties and first loves, and that feeling when you are pretty certain ...more
Kacii
I probably would've given this at the very least a three star, if not for hating one of the main characters. Honestly, I could barely stomache some parts the the book and I had to keep putting it down. I couldn't bring myself to read any more of it until I had cooled down.

Ashton is the biggest, most stuck-up effing bitch-princess I have ever had to read from their point of view. I bet Kance would be worse, but I (thank god!) didn't have to read from her point of view. Ashton is just... yikes.

I t
Zoey Derrick
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have said it on Twitter, and I will say it again on Goodreads as well as Amazon.

This book is a great Debut novel for Komal Lewis. I see many great things coming from her and I do look forward to reading more of her work.

I was fortunate to receive an advanced copy of this story from Komal herself and I am sorry that I was unable to finish it in time to give real feedback to her before its release.

The main character Ashton is a little hard to like, I am not going to lie about that. She starts
Rachmi Febrianty
Jan 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Meet Ashton Summers. She is the epitome of a mean girl. I really hate her even when I know she's only a fictional character. She's a bully, full of herself and couldn't learn from her mistakes. In some part, I don't want her to get happy ending. That's how much I hate her. But it also shows that the author did a really good job writing her. She can make her character under my skin while I read her story.

And then there is Luca Byron, Ashton's childhood friend. Everyone think he's a freak just bec
Monserrat Maxfield Markov
¿Han leído el libro de Bully de Penelope Douglas?
¿Cuántas de ustedes odiaron a los protagonistas, porque él le hacia Bullying y ella le perdono?

¿Saben que es lo que me molesta? Lo que me molesta es que en este libro, muchas personas lo leen y se enamoran del protagonista, que lindo, siempre estuvo para ella, le perdonaba todo lo que le hizo. Y Tate en Bully fue una estúpida por perdonar a Jared a pesar de que él la molestaba, si se ponen a leer los dos libros, verán que Jared jamás llego a los
Sevda
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is by far the greatest book I have ever read. I found myself dissapointed when I had to put it down late at night so that I could get some sleep for the next day.

The love story between Ashton and Luca really captivated me and I would turn the page in anticptation as to what would happen next. It really sends the message that Ashton and Luca and the love that they have is far from perfect, however, its real and its relatable. Love in the real world sometimes doesn't play out like it does in
Jessica
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know the story: Boy and girl grow up next door to each other, best of friends, something happens to tear them apart, something happens to bring them back together, HEA!! Well, this is that story. But I didn't find it boring, I enjoyed it. Why did I enjoy it? Luca. I couldn't have asked for him to be more awesome. The girl next door here is Ashton, and she's horrid. I'm assuming we're supposed to really not like her, because I really didn't like her. I get her back story, and I feel for her o ...more
Diana
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me divertí bastante con este libro, me gusto mucho en realidad. Es gracioso, fácil de leer, y me ha encantado. El libro es en sí para pasar el rato; no con acción, ni demasiado drama.

Aunque debo decir que desde el segundo en que empecé el libro quería arrancarle la cabeza a Ashton Summers de un solo golpe, en serio, es una condenada perr.. Sucia mujer rastrera. Pero cuando empieza a pensar con el cerebro y no con la vagina te das cuenta de que incluso te cae bien.

Me gusto bastante este libro y l
Nikki
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!! I really enjoyed this read! I love reading a book where the author has written the chapters from the male and female POV!
You can't help but to love Ash and Luca no matter how frustrating they can be! But then you also have to remember that they are only 17. Lol
While this was different from what I have new reading lately I thought it was a really great book. I hope that there will be a sequel! I'd love for Ash and Luca's story to continue! If you get a chance, read this book!
I am l
Mariandre
May 16, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
meh.

Sin duda eso define mis sentimientos, cliché a lo grande, la típica chica que es "perra" y le gusta ser llamada así pero a la vez le gustan los nerds, pero sin embargo el que le gusta no es tan nerd según los estereotipos...porque tiene un cuerpazo, terminan, pelean, una antagonista se besa con el supuesto nerd, la chica típica perra lo perdona, vuelven, felices por siempre.

Lo leí para pasar el tiempo, y porque necesitaba algo con que comenzar mis lecturas, así solo fuera para reírme de ell
JenRider
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book about high school romance and friendship..About the importance of family..About the consequences of keeping secrets from the people you love..About love and death..

Two characters so diferrent but at the same time the same..A story about insecurity and self discovery..

If the 4 stars wasn't an indication enough, let me say, people start reading!
  • The Truth About Faking (The Truth, #1)
  • I'll Be Here
  • Perchance
  • No Way Back (Mia's Way, #1)
  • None of the Regular Rules
  • Freeing Carter
  • Love and Relativity (Preservation)
  • The One for Me
  • The Crush
  • Chasing After Infinity
  • Fight or Flight (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • Torched
  • Bound Together
  • Silence
  • Second Chance Romance
  • A McCree Christmas (Chasing McCree, #1.2)
  • His Kiss
  • Unmaking Hunter Kennedy
Komal Kant is the international bestselling author of BENEATH HIM. She writes books about falling in love, books that make you laugh in awkward locales, and that one book where you bawled so hard that you loved and hated her equally.

Her days are filled with imaginary characters who speak to her in hushed tones before stealing her lunch money, a husband who accepts all her weird writer quirks, and

With Me (5 books)
  • Falling for Hadie (With Me, #2)
  • Wrong Side of Town (With Me, #3)
  • First Chances (With Me, #4)
  • The Chase (With Me, #5)
“If you leave me, you're going to have a heck of a time trying to get rid of me.” 22 likes
“I'd lived for her smile and I would've done anything to make her laugh. It always made me feel like I'd accomplished something when that dimple appeared in her cheek. Things were different now, but that didn't mean that I couldn't help her out this once.” 3 likes