Start by marking “Bad Blood” as Want to Read:
Bad Blood

Bad Blood

High school senior Victoria “Tori” Reeve has it pretty good. She’s rich, she’s smart, and she’s popular. What more could a girl ask for? Sure, she’s a little lonely, what with being single and her best friend going off to college and all, but she’s got her work at the Spaulding Crisis Center to keep her busy. When she gets a new boss in the very easy on the eyes form of Is ...more
Published February 5th 2013 by Ginny Lurcock

To ask other readers questions about Bad Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Blood

Start your review of Bad Blood
Matt Larkin
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Bad Blood is a YA vampire novel. It’s even a YA romance vampire novel. Yeah. You’ve seen that before, right? Well not quite like this. Bad Blood almost seems like a parody of the genre, both mocking and embracing it at the same time. At its best, it’s laugh-out-loud funny.

Our heroine, Tori, starkly contrasts with those I’ve seen in similar premises. She’s snarky, confident, rich, and absolutely takes no shit from the boys, human or otherwise. While Tori directly references Twilight a few times,
Pure Textuality
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have been excited about this book release for about a year now and I am happy to say IT’S FINALLY COMING ON FEB 5TH!!!!! I am fortunate enough to have the honor of being great friends with the author and she allowed me to read Bad Blood when it was still being called “Untitled Vampire Novel”. And I loved it. Right out of the gate.

Well, as time has passed and Ginny moved into the world of publishing, she became very serious about getting this book published. A brain storming session birthed th
Desirae (Dee)
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay if anyone would have said that I would have been totally into a vampire psycho stalker love triangle book, I would have said you're off your rocker that doesn't even sound good. But I was wrong, I thought this book was good. And no, before you even go there.. this was NOT like Twilight. There are no Werewolves or Shapeshifters, whatever you want to call them. Hell.. they don't even get married or have sex.
I know, right! Sad for me.. but good for the characters. it's about time that teenage
Heather Felder
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Twilight, YA, and Vampires
Shelves: vampires, favorites
**My FULL REVIEW here!**

I have to admit, I was a tad bit leery of reviewing Bad Blood, for a couple reasons:

1- I know the author. We aren't BFFs or anything, but we did dance and pour champagne together on NYE (not that I'm bragging or anything). I really didn't want to read the book and NOT like it. That would have sucked. I HATE writing "bad" reviews regardless, but knowing the author would have made it way worse!

description
(Me {the bright red hair}, & Ginny on NYE.)

2- The cover. Don't get me wrong...it
Seirra
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A review copy was provided for an honest review. I'm a sucker for vampire novels and I especially appreciate ones that are so unique from the rest. Bad Blood proves to be both entertaining and a hell of a lot of fun! I didn't expect the protagonist of the story to be so sarcastic and humorous which took me pleasantly by surprise. I consumed this book rather fiercely, it had a twistedly great story with easy to fall in love with characters. It was reminiscent of Twilight but further diverges from ...more
Charity
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow, color me impressed Ms. Lurcock! With so many vampire novels circulating the literary world it’s really difficult to find one that’s unique and captivating. Fortunately, Bad Blood possessed those qualities. I was instantly captivated by the characters and the pacing was spot on. I never got bored or felt there a lull in the story. I was invested, interested and actually cared what happened to these characters.

Speaking of characters our main protagonist Tori is awesome! She is a snarky, witty
Annie
Bad Blood, by Ginny Lurock, was a bloody supernatural adventure. For readers who do not know the basic storyline, here is the Goodreads synopsis for the book:
James Kelly
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Let's get this out of the way: I am sick to the back teeth of vampire paranormal romance. So sick and tired it hurts me in my soul. So bear that in mind. Because this book is a vampire paranormal romance. But I really enjoyed it.

And there's only one reason why: Lurcock's style. It's spunky and funny and so down to earth. It's funny and knowing and it makes the book fun to be around. Bad Blood has more personality within its pages than some real life people I know.

Don't get me wrong, the book has
Brandy Dorsch
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this book!! Tori is one of those characters that you bond with at the beginning of the story and feel like you can reach in the book and shake some sense into her. Isaac is an interesting character and I could not really get a read on him. He just rubbed me the wrong way. I don't like possessive guys and he was just a tool. Now, Drew on the other hand...

I have a weakness for guys like him and there were so many times I wanted to scream at Tori!!! This was a new take on a vampir
Anne - Books of My Heart
Feb 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I received an ecopy of this book free. I can't remember if I promised to review but it was my intention anyway so it doesn't matter. I don't repeat blurbs.

This is a story about a high school girl, Tori. She was an interesting character and funny at times. Characters are important to me, and so is humor. I would have liked to feel more depth on some of the characters. From Tori's point of view, we get to know her and a little bit of Isaac and Drew. We don't learn too much about her family or her
Nika  ♥Marie♥
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Check out the full review Here

This was a Solid 4 Star Read for me unlike anything that I have ever read in the YA Genre. This story was full of surprises from the beginning until I turned the last page. I connected with the characters that were created in this story and the direction that she took with the story I never seen it coming. This was a fantastic read for me and I couldn't put the book down.

It's very rare to pick up a book and you throughly enjoy and Ginny was able to accomplish this.
Jax Garren
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ginny Lurcock has a hilarious writing style that is fun, sassy, and easy to get along with. Drew is a fantastic friends-to-lovers hero that had me swooning the first time I met him. Lurcock sets up an interesting love triangle between the uber-hot best friend and the uber-hot overprotective vampire that has me hoping for a different resolution than the other bff vs vamp triangle out there that somebody might've written about somewhere. ;) But this one deals a lot more realistically with a modern ...more
Ginny Lurcock
So this one time I wrote a book with a snarky female lead, a couple of cute boys, an even snarkier female sidekick, and vampires. I'd love it if you gave it a read. Other people who have seem to enjoy it...

Linda
Feb 06, 2013 rated it liked it
A high school love story with a mysterious male with old fashioned views and a girl who´s lonely. A bit too much high school for me, but that´s just my preference.
LaGina
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great read! It had humor that made me LOL a few times while I was reading it. And what can I say...it had vampires in it.
Pereza
Dec 07, 2012
Sarah VanArsdal
Nov 23, 2019
Carol
rated it did not like it
Aug 22, 2017
Georgia  Smoochie Cuddlekins
Feb 06, 2013
Nicole
May 18, 2013
The worst thing about deleting my profile in a fit is having to rewrite my "About Me"

And the feeling that I've forgotten something important.

...

I really hope it wasn't to stop a nuclear reactor from going critical or something.

Well, I'm sure it will come to me.

Anyways... here's my shitty new about me:

Who is Ginny? Wife? Mother? Author? Reviewer? Blogger? Social Media Darling? Gamer? Fr...

OH MY GO