Start by marking “Nice Day to Die ( I Am Alive, Book 1 Episode #1 )” as Want to Read:
Nice Day to Die ( I Am Alive, Book 1 Episode #1 )

Nice Day to Die

(I Am Alive #1.1)

Every girl dies - not every girl really lives.

Sixteen-year-old Decca Tenderstone feels captivated when she meets gorgeous and reckless Leo, who is arrogant, silent, beautiful, and shoots almost every one he meets.

They live in a dystopian future in Los Angeles where every sixteen-year-old is ranked on a scale from one to ten to determine their future. Outranks, who are cons
Published November 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Nice Day to Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nice Day to Die

Start your review of Nice Day to Die ( I Am Alive, Book 1 Episode #1 )
Cassandra Shanahan
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Every girl dies - not every girl really lives.

When I first opened I Am Alive (AKA Nice Day to Die), I was thrown back by how amazing and addictive the plot and characters were. You can't help but fall in love with the heroine, Decca, not to mention the sexy Leo!
The novel opens with, "I am going to surprise you. You have no idea..." and what a surprise we get. I was blown away with the astounding fast pace storyline and devoured the whole book (Kindle Edition) in less than 24hrs (I was lucky enou
Sara
This story was very interesting with lots of twists. It feels like a mix of few of the dystopians I have read. Decca lives in a future time where they are demented and are trying to build a utopia of perfect people. Everyone is ranked a number 5 through 9. Fives are monsters and the nines are near perfect in looks but maybe not brains. Anyone ranked 5 is labeled a Monster and gets thrown into the Monster games at the old Disneyland. The arena is called the Playa and they compete in deadly games ...more
Katherine
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this a billion stars I would!

Can I just say that I didn't want this book to end?! I cannot wait for the next books...but seriously I am dying over here...
Lucybee7
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Read

This was a good, quick read. I enjoyed the fresh-take on the dystopian novel, and while a few things were reminiscent of the Hunger Games, this was a pretty well-rounded novel. I enjoyed getting to know the main character, Decca, and a few of the other characters. I would have liked to have gotten a little more background. Give or take a few character development holes and plot issues, I enjoyed reading this novel and will definitely be back for part two.
Tru Steamer Moss Diavolo
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very different

I read this book because I loved the Insanity series. I was not disappointed. I like this and excited for number 2 to come out.
Beth Esda
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great one

Jace does it again with another great book. I found myself unable to put this one down! Decca I a great character and the story was eerily believable.
Tiffany Marin
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I know it seems like I've been handing out all kind of 5 stars today but that's only because I've been reviewing books by Cameron Jace and he is one of my favorite authors. Now, as far as "I Am Alive", it was simply fantastic!
Decca Tenderstone lived in the U.S. of the future. In her dystopian America, all teens are assigned a rank between 1 and 10. No one has ever been ranked a 10. Anyone ranked below a 5 gets killed. Decca is determined to survive. When the unexpected happens and she is ran
Jagged
May 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
I told you I was going to surprise you. Yes, you did. And I was surprised.

This was an okay take on The Hunger Games style dystopia, I suppose.
The games used to kill the Monsters were clever enough. I just think the explanations for the state of the world could have been better. The use of X's and Z's was annoying, and the read was very juvenile. It was still a fun little read though. Jace has a good sense of humour. There was also a very desperate need of character development. The plot itself
Lourie
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it

The idea of children fighting on TV is nothing new. Just read the previous reviews to see that. With that said it is different then the "Hunger Games" in that they are not fighting each other for survival, and more then one person could potentially get to the end and survive.

Even though the idea is used, the story is still entertaining and moves quickly. It's easy to get sucked in.

There are a few typo's but not as many as the previous reviews would lead you to believe, so maybe some were fix
Holly Letson
Jan 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Much as I love "The Grimm Diaries Prequels", I cannot finish this one at all. But, I am sure that some people will love it.
This book is one that you know you won't finish from early-on, but it keeps drawing you back in to make you read 2 or 3 more pages. You keep going back 2 or 3 times before giving up. But, sadly, it just doesn't get better.
The weirdest thing is the obsession with Z and the "zuh" sound. The obsession with the number 10, I can get over, but not the Z obsession or the calling
Sondra
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This is a very unique dystopian YA series and don't let the beginning of the story fool you into thinking it is a copy of The Hunger Games. There are currently 3 "episodes" (or book installments) of Book 1 and I rated all 4 stars. What may at first glimpse seem like one dimensional storytelling has many layers to it, and I appreciated being rewarded with some of my theories that the story was far deeper than it appeared when I got to the ending author notes of "episode 3". Another great series b ...more
Karsyn
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Entertaining book. Some parts were really on the lame side, like changing all the letters of things to Z (Dizny) and the other stuff with the name brands changed (iAm instead of iPhone) so some really lame, stuff, but the story itself was brief and entertaining. Yup, it's been done before, as the author says, but it was new characters and in a new way and I found it entertaining for an hour. Not perfect, not the best thing ever, but a fun way to pass some time.
Marissa Ard
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Fabulous!

I loved this book! You never knew what the main character was going to do! They say the greatest artist are a little bit crazy and this book shouts crazy in a Great way. I immediately fell in love with this author his prose is beautiful! He used all the right words in all the right places. Excuse me while I go read every work he has ever written!
Richard Schultheis
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read

Awesome read

I thought it was very well done indeed. it reminded me a little bit of the hunger games mixed with other parts. i can't help but wonder if some inspiration came from the movie The Nines. though there is no real resemblance. either way I will be eagerly awaiting book two
Lyanna Moore
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting story

I was interested in the story after reading the synopsis. I'm into dystopian stories right now and this was a good one. I admit some of the dialogue was a bit corny at times and I wanted some of the answers to come faster but overall a good read. I'm ready for book two!
Cher
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Author is Cameron Jace not Cage.

I am still a bit new to this genre of dystopian stories. A bit more editing wouldn't have hurt. Main character is well written, however there could have been a bit more depth to her 2 leading men, Leo and Woo. Story is for YA, so I am keeping this in mind for story content. I will try the next in the series.
Natalie
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Could not put it down!

This book had a very Hunger Games feel to it. There's a bit of romance, tons of action, and loads of @ss kicking! I read this in one day, only because I could not put it down and literally did nothing all day but read this book. And there's a second book! I'm foaming at the mouth for it!!!
Kaitlin Lowry
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I Am Alive

Couldn't put it down. Part of the allure of this book is that you experience what the main character is feeling. If she is confused or in love, you are too. The themes f humanity and finding one's strength were empowering. I loved this book and I hope a second one will be written soon.
Angela
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ONE OF A KIND TREASURE!

By far one of the Greatest stories I've ever read!! WOW! This book hooked me from the beginning, and continued to keep me on the edge of my seat screaming and cheering out loud for characters I fell in love with! The writing is flawless, perfect amount of detail without boring, never a dull moment, and characters, just WOW! Dying for Book 2!
Anonymous
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I AM ALIVE

This book was amazing. I couldn't believe it this will find a way to your heart like no other. I can't even begin to tell which were my favorite parts. It will make u cry & laugh, but it's worth the trip.!!!!!!!
;)
Natalie
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

If you loved the Hunger games you'll love this. A dystopian society where ranking by number is everything. And if you're ranked as a Monster then be prepared to die.
I'm really REALLY looking forward to the next book. What will Decca do?
Annie Wormull
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I read this book, it was titled I Am Alive, and the author's pen name was Cameron Jace. I learned there was a sequel, and I signed up for his newsletter. Still waiting for the follow up. Le sigh...
Chad
Nov 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
I won't lie I couldn't bring myself to finish the book. I really didn't like the writting style and grew bored too quickly.
Danielle
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very good read

this book was very enjoyable. full of many twists and turns. keeping you wanting to reading more. a real page Turner
I am looking forward to the next book
Amber Klemish
The future

This book is very similar to The Hunger Games. It was a good fast read. I would recommend it to anyone.
Bonny Paz
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Interesting plot with an obvious love triangle, teen angst and going against the system. I enjoyed reading this. It was quick, fun and a page turner for sure.
tara calkins
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book

I would absolutely recommend Cameron Jace to any young adult looking for a new twist in their collection of authors!!!!!
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good book

I thought this book was good however it faintly resembles the hunger games so if you like that book you will like this one
Tammy Corwin
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really good book!

Loved this book! Can't wait for the second one in the series! Once you start reading you can't put it down!
Jasmine
Jul 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Super reminiscent of The Hunger Games. It's just a faster paced and not as well thought out as THG was.

• Increscent (I Am Alive, #2)
  • Grimm Diaries Prequels (The Grimm Diaries Prequels #1-6)
  • Havoc (Rise of the Iliri, #9)
  • Mushrooms (Insanity, #8)
  • Extinction: Undead Apocalypse (THEM Post-Apocalyptic Series Book 5)
  • First Dangle and Other Stories
  • Counteraction (Them, #2)
  • Gabby's Run (Them #3)
  • Different (Tainted Elements, #1)
  • Branded (Fall of Angels, #1)
  • Nothing Can Keep Us Together (Gossip Girl, #8)
  • Perfected (Perfected, #1)
  • Infamous (It Girl, #7)
  • Trust (Sons of Don, #1)
  • Tormenting Lila (Lila, #2.5)
  • How to Wake an Undead City (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #6)
  • For Love of Evil (The Demons' Muse #2)
  • Open Minds (Mindjack #1)

I Am Alive (3 books)
  • I Am Alive (I Am Alive, #1)
  • Increscent (I Am Alive, #2)
  • I Am I (I Am Alive #3)