Start by marking “Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin, #1)

Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin #1)

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  1,567 Ratings  ·  152 Reviews
Christmas in July at the zoo is the last place single parents Eric Riley and Marissa Wilder expect to find love. Thanks to some mistletoe mischief in the form of their two young daughters and Santa, they discover mistletoe rules were not made to be broken.

74% of the material is actually the story; the rest is samples from other books in the series.
Published September 15th 2012 by Stacey Joy Netzel (first published November 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe Mischief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe Mischief

Alan Nayes
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this author's last romance, the bestselling LOST IN ITALY, and thoroughly enjoyed it so decided to try one of her other romances, MISTLETOE MISCHIEF. Afterall, it is that time of year, right. I wasn't disappointed and this is from a reader who doesn't read all that many romances. But I loved the ending in LOST IN ITALY so figured she'd write a great ending here. Yes, she has those satisfying endings down! MISTLETOE MISCHIEF is about two divorced single parents who meet during a trip to th ...more
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
This is not a review!

Yep, another Christmas themed story. Grab it while it's free and be ready for next Christmas' reading challenges!

Christmas recipe for love—combine a matchmaking Santa, lots of mistletoe, one iron-clad rule, fated hearts; mix and stir. The Riley siblings don't stand a chance.

Mistletoe Mischief

Linda
Sweet romantic novella ; divorced mother of6 year old Heather , Marissa Wilder finds herself roped into chaperoning her daughter and her freind Reese at the school field trip to the zoo, celebrating Christmas in July , because parents failed to show up as promised. To spite being in work clothes and high heels she and the girls are having a good time, when reesespots her father Eric Riley , one of the no show parents . Eric and Marissa may have an instant attraction to each ther but first impres ...more
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
This is one of those reads that are perfect for a moment of downtime. It's a sweet, cute and short read that left a smile on my face.
While it is a short read the author does a great job at giving the characters some depth as well as some background to help flesh them out. In the end you have characters who feel human and are not subjected to the cookie-cutter routine. They have a genuine reaction to each other and due to some misunderstanding they even have a bit of aversion, but it was sweet t
Rhonda
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a fun romantic read!
Mistletoe Mischief is the first book in this series involving the Riley siblings by Stacey Joy Netzel. I just finished reading it and can't wait for the next. This was a fast fun romance. Ms. Netzel managed to make me care about these characters from the beginning. Even the child characters were well developed. The characters touched my heart and I hope they're in the other books of the series.
ShoSho
Dec 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
The best Christmas book I read this year although it was about Christmas in July :)
Susan
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, ebook
Nice little Christmas in July novella. Single parent Marissa unexpectedly ends up chaperoning her daughter's class trip to the zoo when some of the other parents don't show up. Part way through the trip another girl's dad shows up, late. Marissa is attracted to him, but believes he is still married to Reece's mother and is put off by his flirting. Eric is also attracted to Marissa and would like to get to know her better. He is confused by her cold attitude toward him.

Both Marissa and Eric have
Cheryl Steckling
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mistletoe Mischief by Stacey Joy Netzel
Romancing Wisconsin Series Book 1
This series is about Love finding a way to bloom in Wisconsin during any season.
Christmas in July at a zoo for Eric Riley and Marissa Wilder who are both single parents and both have a daughter the same age. Reese Riley and Heather Wilder have met recently and hit it off 100%. Marissa’s day had not started off in the best way. Eric was supposed to be with the children however he got interrupted on his way to the school by an
 Mummy Cat Claire
I knew this wasn't a very long book, but really, it's a novella.

Marissa Wilder is a twenty-nine year old divorced woman with a young daughter, Heather. Heather is close friends with another girl her age, Reese. Marissa has unexpectedly been forced to supervise the girls at their zoo trip. Shortly after their arrival, Reese's father, Eric Riley, shows up.

While the girls enjoy the zoo, the parents start to form an attraction. After Marissa injures her ankle, Eric offers to take them home but they
Kristin
Dec 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2012
This is a short story about two divorcee's who meet at their child's field trip to the zoo. At first Marissa's first impression of Eric is not good. Due to his tardiness, she was coerced into chaperoning her daughters field trip instead of heading to work. To make matters worse, the man is blatantly flirting with her when she knows his wife is at home pregnant with another child. However, we all know the saying about assumptions.

This was a cute Christmas in July story. Not a whole heck of a lot
Anita
This novella was equal parts sweet, heart-warming, fun, cute, and quite romance-y (even without the sexy times). As a holiday season romance fluff piece it delivered exactly what I'd been expecting and more.

There's Christmas in July at the zoo, two single parents whose young daughters have become attached at the him, a summer time Santa Claus in red boxer shorts and matching flip-flops, a few misunderstandings, and lots of mistletoe.

There was humor and lots of feel good moments that had me gri
Lou LaJeunesse
This was a fun and quick read. The first of a series. It is short read but leaves you wanting to know more which is what a series should do. It is heartwaarming and amusing . This book combines Christmas the zoo and two families you cannot wait to see blend. You have a matchmaking Santa and two people who need a second chance at love. Two small girls who develop a fantastic friendship. I will definitely read the rest of the series.
Amelia
Nov 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, christmas
A quick, short Christmassy read that cuts to the chase. The main characters - Marissa and Eric - are adorable together. I wish there was more of their kids in it cos they sounded equally adorable.
Becky
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
A cute quick read. This is more of a Christmas in July read.
John
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A nice, short read! Looking forward to reading more of the series!!!

Re-read of this to catch up so I can continue the series!
Purvi
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
sweet
Cindy
I really enjoyed this book. I read it after reading Netzel's book that was included in the Beach Brides series since that story crosses over into this series. Unfortunately the rest of this series is not available on kindle unlimited so I won't be reading it. I very much enjoyed it and I like the way the author writes but I can't pay $3 for a book that is less than 200 pages that I will read in less than 2 hours.
ReadingInThe6ix
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Very cute novella.

Eric and Marissa had great chemistry, and I appreciated that the book focused on one full day together (with an epilogue set in the future). I really loved Eric and his relationship with his daughter. I thought Marissa was a bit too judgmental for too long, but eventually came around.

Overall a quick, light read that is great for getting you into the holiday spirit.
Karen Loomis
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable, sweet read that is, sadly, short. Really enjoyed the story and the chemistry between the two main characters. It was also sweet to follow the relationship between their daughters. Christmas in July was a great story theme.
Carol
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute story!
Margaret
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet second chance romance. A single mum and a single dad whose daughters are best friends find love.
Angie
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series! Grandpa Butch is so funny.
Megan
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas in July

Christmas in July setting, plus add in pine trees, kisses, a frog, and mistletoe and you've got a great easy read!
Michelle
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it

My Review:
I'm a sucker for a cute Christmas romance, this threw me just a bit since it was more of a Christmas in July  that eventually goes to Christmas but it was still adorable. It also has insta-love which I am usually not a fan of, however, I really thought this book was cute. Eric and Marissa are very cute together and I kind of loved the misunderstanding they had about there relationships. They meet up at the zoo for both of their daughters class trip and with a few mishaps they are t
Sophie (Blogger)
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Marissa is a single mother to a sweet little girl called Heather, with a ex-husband who couldn't care less, Marissa is left to be both a mother and father figure to her daughter. So, when she meets Eric, the father of her daughter best friend she isn't impressed at all with him.
Then again, turning up late for a school trip didn't really go in his favour either, but he is very charming and handsome everything Marissa wants but she has to put her daughter first, she promised herself she would. Th
Jo-Anne
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Mistletoe Mischief is a short, fun read that is about the zoo having a "Christmas in July" day. It could really be read at any time, not just at Christmas.

Marissa was dropping her daughter, Heather, off for a day camp trip to the zoo when she found out that some of the chaperoning parents did not show up. She agreed to go on the trip even though she wasn't dressed for it, in order to not let her daughter down. One of the no-show parents arrives late and Marissa is pretty angry at him because she
Lisa
Dec 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Being from Wisconsin myself, when I came across a new series called Romancing Wisconsin I knew it was something I had to check out.

Mistletoe Mischief was a fun twist on the traditional holiday read; the story took place in the summer while the zoo was celebrating Christmas in July. This story still had the feeling of a holiday romance, but there was the added bonus of a campfire and smores which I personally think make any story better...and now I'm craving some. (Think I can dig through the sn
Danae Ringsby
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Marissa is a single mother of one who wasn't supposed to be at school today with her daughter but due to her sister being on vacation she was the one to take her to school. Figures that the day she is supposed to go into work in heels is the day that the parent volunteers don't show up for the school field trip. In an attempt to educate Heather and Reese on the animals at the Zoo Marissa meets Reese's dad Eric. The attraction between the two of them was like a massive wild fire right off the bat ...more
Kerr
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it
description

Full review can also be found on: Paein and Ms4Tune’s Book Blog

This was a cute little story. A lot cuter than I was expecting, but no steamy stuff was shoehorned in so it had the time. I didn't expect it to be a meet cute with an 'update' at the end though. I'd have liked to see a little more than day 1 and day 151 though!

I was expecting to find this annoying and cheesy but I actually didn't. I found this story quite well written and I loved the descriptions. Possibly one in particular....
The
Judy
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Mistletoe Mischief by Stacey Joy Netzel
Romancing Wisconsin Series Book 1
Marissa Wilder loves her daughter, Heather. That love has her at the zoo instead of work today and since it was last minute because of a few no show chaperones she isn’t exactly dressed in zoo apparel. Especially not her high heeled sandals. When one of the chaperones wanders up late she can only compare him to her ex-husband. Even so, she can’t seem to keep her eyes off the handsome man.

Eric Riley would love to have his da
Book Giveaways: Win a Christmas romance books by Stacey Joy Netzel 1 5 Dec 10, 2012 03:03AM
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • Christmas in Magnolia Cove (New Beginnings, #5)
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • Ice Gods
  • Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)
  • Silver Bells
  • Santa Wore Combat Boots
  • Jingle This!
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Save Me, Santa
  • Emilie's Christmas Love
  • Christmas Babies (Holiday Babies)
  • Holiday Kisses
  • A Wizard for Christmas
  • A Marriage Carol
  • Naughty or Nice
  • All I Want for Christmas is You (Fate with a Helping Hand, #1)
Wisconsin native Stacey Joy Netzel fell in love with books at a young age, so for her the graduation to writing them was natural. A member of Romance Writers of America (RWA) and Wisconsin Romance Writers (WisRWA), she credits her parents for encouraging her dreams of becoming a published author, as well as the very talented friends she’s made in WisRWA since joining in 2004. Her Christmas antholo ...more
More about Stacey Joy Netzel...

Romancing Wisconsin (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Mistletoe Magic (Romancing Wisconsin, #2)
  • Mistletoe Match-Up (Romancing Wisconsin, #3)
  • Autumn Wish (Romancing Wisconson, #4)
  • Autumn Bliss (Romancing Wisconsin, #5)
  • Autumn Kiss (Romancing Wisconsin, #6)
  • Spring Fling (Romancing Wisconsin #7)
  • Spring Serendipity (Romancing Wisconsin, #8)
  • Spring Dreams (Romancing Wisconsin, #9)
  • Spring Spark (Romancing Wisconsin, #9.5)
  • Summer Scandal (Romancing Wisconsin, #10)