Start by marking “Arrows Across Eons: Becoming Tina Turner” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Arrows Across Eons: Be...

Katherine Carlson

Arrows Across Eons: Becoming Tina Turner

4.73  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
God? Tina Turner? A 12-year-old kid?

Somehow everything is profoundly connected…in the most magical of ways.

A young Canadian girl resists everything that doesn’t feel right, and finds shelter and inspiration in the powerhouse example of Tina Turner. Years later, she moves to Los Angeles and literally runs into Ike Turner…who then delivers her to Zelma Bullock - Queen mother
Published February 1st 2012 by Shadow Valley Press

To ask other readers questions about Arrows Across Eons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arrows Across Eons

Barbara
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Arrows Across Eons becoming Tina Turner: It's more about the young girls journey to adulthood; the influence Tina Turner's life had on her and knowing she wouldn't/couldn't fit into the mold society and family expected of her. The synchronicity of events bringing people together, leading one to believe there are no chance encounters. Admitting who you are and being honest, living an authentic life. I was sad to see the book end like there is more to this story.
This book was read aloud to me whil
Derek Stoltz
Self actualization!

Wow - I really enjoyed this read. I have been reading a lot in the spirituality category lately and this is one of my favs. I think it will appeal to many - even those not very familiar with Tina Turner.

The reason I enjoyed this book so much is because it is all about self-empowerment. It is about taking responsibility for our own lives - which can often prove challenging. This book may not be appreciated by those who are stuck in victim-mode or have a vested interest in cling
Darlene
Jun 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very personal, often humorous, and touching account of the author's relationship with Tina Turner, and, well everything really, as she shows us how we are all one. I often laughed out loud, or put the book down to quietly ponder a connection or conversation. It also rekindled fond memories of my own adolescent obsessions, and the significant frustration and confusion I felt as I pulled away from them as I grew up. Thanks for reminding me of the magic!
Lin
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is wonderfully touching. The journey of the child is a compelling one in that it is so uplifting and universal. It is also a loving tribute to a person who has come to symbolize so much that is beloved to our culture: perseverance, resolve, and inspiration.

A serious and very spiritual tribute to Tina Turner.

Chad
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This particular book will hit a cord with every one on some level. For the Tina Turner fans that view Miss Turner as a one of a kind true-legend, this is for you. For those of us that have or will come out - I often discuss my coming out experience as a second puberty, this read is for you! If you have a wonderful connection with your mother this is for you. If you feel like you have so much to give the world that your spirit is bursting through this physical experience to express itself, then t ...more
Penny
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The reality of this book far exceeded my expectation I was expecting to learn more about Tina Turner, but instead was whisked away on a magical carpet ride of how Tina's life path/struggles profoundly impacted the pre-pubescent girl who idolized her.
Delightfully written, Arrows Across Eons is an honest, self-actualizing portrayal of being true to who you are and not fit into the mold the world/society expects to to be. Having recently met Katherine, I can say without hesitation, Tina would be g
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The entire time I was reading this book, it was playing out like a movie in my mind. I was inspired by the message and really cared for and related to the characters. It is elegantly written,at times funny and always honest. I am now more aware of and appreciate all the "coincidences" that happen in my life on a daily basis. I bought 2 copies and read it together with my mother.
Carl
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful book! I have never read such a glowing tribute to a rock star but it is so much more than that. It is at once both literal journey and figurative roadmap... clues about life are strewn about like gems. And while the book admits there are no certain answers, it feels so good just the same.
Diane
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book.. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. Being a fan of Tina Turner this was a must read for me and kept me reading right up until the end. Another example of how Tina can influence the lives of many. This is a heartwarming story you must read.
Rylie Lowry
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must read and must share book. It's inspiring and has something for everyone. The main character discovers herself and the great possibilities of her own life through her inspiration and captivation with Tina Turner. Find the beauty and magic in your life by reading this amazing book.
Veronica
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful book about about an average girl growing up and discovering herself and what her life and religion mean to her.
Mikeal
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An inspiring story about one woman's personal journey through life and how fate turned childhood dreams into reality.
Anja
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of Tina Turner myself - so I just had to read the book - and then discovered this book has so much more to it. Find out yourself!
Donna
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Excellent book. I enjoyed the alternating time periods in the chapters. Great coming of age story.
Larry
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read from the very talented Katherine Carlson!
Kathy
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read, funny, sad , intriguing
Astrid Klepsch
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for every Tina Turner fan (but even if you are not a Tina Turner fan, you will still enjoy this book).
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
  • How Precious Was That While
  • Before Scarlett: Girlhood Writings of Margaret Mitchell
  • Somebody's Someone: A Memoir
  • Road to Tara: The Life of Margaret Mitchell
  • My Folks Don't Want Me to Talk about Slavery: Twenty-One Oral Histories of Former North Carolina Slaves
  • Shaping Kate: Coming of Age in the 1950s
  • No Ordinary Joes: The Extraordinary True Story of Four Submariners in War and Love and Life
  • Father Knows Less Or: "Can I Cook My Sister?": One Dad's Quest to Answer His Son's Most Baffling Questions
  • By the Iowa Sea: A Memoir of Disaster and Love
  • Tearing the Silence: On Being German in America
  • What a Son Needs from His Mom
  • The House by the Dvina: A Russian Childhood
  • Dancing with Rose: Finding Life in the Land of Alzheimer's
  • The Hunger Fix: The Three-Stage Detox and Recovery Plan for Overeating and Food Addiction