Start by marking “Teller Of Tales” as Want to Read:
Teller Of Tales

Teller Of Tales (Teller of Tales #3)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
In Brooke's third collection of newly rendered classic tales, an old man is ordered to stop reporting on the Emperor's degree of undress and, with the help of a little girl, to stick to writing fairy tales instead. When the unlikely pair embarks on a life full of stories, their everyday blends with the once-upon-a-time and they wonder: do the tales belong to the teller or ...more
Hardcover
Published September 1st 1994 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Teller Of Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teller Of Tales

Shonica
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book had not circulated at my library and was probably going to be withdrawn, but I thought it looked interesting so I took it home. It was wonderful! I thought it was simply collection of fairy tales retold which was really good enough for me, but it was much more. The fairy tales were told within a touching story of a storyteller and a young girl.

In the beginning while still thinking it was a cute collection of stories, I thought that the Emperor's New Clothes was cute. Rumplestiltskin..
Jennifer Sauer
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Solid Five Stars.

You can find the entire review with all it's ranting and rambles, along with the playlist, here: http://ivorypalace.blogspot.com/2017/...
Earball
Jan 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone. really. anyone.
Recommended to Earball by: my librarian
Stunningly well crafted book of stories. Or, rather, a novel of two people told through stories, both their own and re-written nursery tales. Layers upon layers, and brilliant writing and twists of language and meaning that had me cocking my head sideways like a dog trying to understand human language.

A marvelous example of a book that, like classic TV cartoons, manages to work for adults and (though I say this without having tested it) children. Highly recommended. I'll definitely be looking f
Kelly
Aug 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
An elderly man is ordered to stop reporting on the Emporer's degree of undress and instead write fairy tales. He doesn't know anything about writing fairy tales so enlists the help of a reluctant street-wise girl. She spends her day with him re-telling fairy tales so he can re-write them. Their everyday blends with the once upon a time. The question to ask is do the tales belong to the teller of tales or does teh teller of tales belong to the tales.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Humorous retellings of classic fairy tales told within the context of the story of an old man looking for someone to pass on his ability to hear "voices" that tell him what stories to write. Made me want to read the rest of Brookes' books of fairy tale retellings.
Catherine
Apr 29, 2016
Molly
Jul 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Teller of Tales (3 books)
  • A Telling of the Tales: Five Stories