Start by marking “Ivory (Manhattan Ten, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ivory (Manhattan Ten, #2)

Ivory

(Manhattan Ten #1)

That cold day in hell? It’s here…

Manhattan Ten, Book 2

If Ivory’s fellow flight attendants whisper that she has ice in her veins, they’d be right. She’s spent years ruthlessly suppressing her dangerous ice powers, pretending she didn’t grow up wild on the tundra.

Her legendary coolness has held solid—until a crazed attacker snaps her composure, unleashing her ice beast
Published April 30th 2013 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Ivory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ivory

Start your review of Ivory (Manhattan Ten, #2)
Melissa
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
If Elsa from Frozen and a Wolverine-Jaguar-like X-Men character had a book baby for adults, it would be this one. It's full of heroes with super powers, that have some of the same problems than us so it would make them human-like, full of action and with a build-up steamy romance... it's short, so you can read it really fast and you will want to read more from Ivory, trust me.

Many thanks to the INscribe Digital for the complimentary e-copy of this book through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in
Sandra "Jeanz"
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I should start by explaining that this book has been published before in 2013, but it was bk 2 in the series then. The books have been switched around a little and it is now bk 1 in the Manhattan Series. I’ll be honest normally I would read “super heroes” and scrunch up my nose and think no immediately but the cover of this book really caught my attention enough to make me read the blurb and in turn interested in reading the book. I really love the cover in the neon-esque ice blue writing on the ...more
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:

This superhero romance novella is entertaining from start to finish. We are introduced to The Manhattan Ten, a group of supers who use their powers openly to protect the people, and Ivory is their latest (reluctant) recruit.

The story moves admittedly quick as it isjust a novella, but it wasn't as shallow or lacking as many novella romances tend to be. I got a sense of character, world, and plot despite the swift pacing and although I might've wished for more time and depth,
Janelle
Lola Dodge kicks off a new series of superhero romance novellas with Ivory, the story of a Scandinavian goddess (maybe? it's never quite clear on this point?) who finds herself mixed up with a superhero team. It's 80% romance and 20% superhero fiction, if that's relevant to you.

This book didn't work for me, for a lot of reasons. I liked the premise: super-powered flight attendant kills someone on her flight and ends up having to lie low with a team of supers who are investigating a serial killer
Lucy Gardiner (luc_lostinbooks)
Val is a flight attendant hiding from her family and her power of controlling ice. After she uses her powers on a flight she’s approached by a jaguar shifter and asked to join a group of superhero’s.
She becomes part of the team and her name changes to Ivory.

I liked the mysterious element with the serial killer targeting supers. It added tension to the plot.
A also liked that Ivory was a tall, powerful capable woman.
The chemistry between jag and ivory was hot and even though the book was short
Dot & Needle
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This book starts off with a literal bang as Valdis (soon to be known as Ivory) fights off an attack on a plane with her secret powers. In order to avoid trouble, she then reluctantly joins the Manhattan 10, a group of superheroes who openly protect people.

This was a short fun read that was steamy in the right places and also had a few surprises up its sleeve. The author has a tendency to use short sentences and it mostly worked for me as it relayed a sense of urgency but from time to time it
Lauren Kastermans
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An effective genre cross, this Superhero Romance Novella is enthralling from start to finish. The Manhattan Ten, are a group of superhero's who openly use their powers for protection (gasp, yes openly).

Within a few chapters, the author had effectively woven together the plot-line, world and characters into a dynamically altered narrative that left the reader wanting more. Whilst this may have been too quickly, leaving room for depth and development, this is something easily justified by being
Bespectacled Petal
I got a free advance readers’ copy in exchange for my honest review.

It has been a while since I tried a romance story. This actually was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Ivoryis an ice princess from Scandinavia. A literal ice princess, as in she was made of ice. She is working as a flight attendant while running away from her family. She is also forced to suppress her superpowers because using them triggers her inner warrior. However, on one of her flights, she is forced to use her power to
Layla
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this through NetGalley in return for an honest review.

3.5 stars.

This has actually been re-branded as the first book in the Manhattan Ten novella series.

A sexually charged superhero short story from start to finish. If you want something that doesn't require a lot of depth but has some really great sexual chemistry with it's characters then look no further. A very quick read, action packed from start to finish.
Geertje
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
This wasn’t my cup of tea at all.
Everything went way too fast for my liking. I like a slow, well explained story. But this book just kept throwing information at me.
I also expected more superheroe stuff.
Layla
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

Erin Sky
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a re-release of a superhero-romance series (The Manhattan Ten) in which this was previously book 2. It's now book 1 and it's utterly fantastic.

Ivory is an ice-elemental super who's been hiding among humanity for years. When a surprise attack "outs" her powers, she's forced to seek refuge with super-hotty Jag and the Manhattan 10, a superhero conglomerate that puts Lola Dodge about 6 years ahead of her time, since the original Ivory came out that long before Amazon Prime's The Boys.

Fans
Angie
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, read-2013

While Ivory is the second book in the series, its events actually take place before Temptress. However, each book reads like a standalone, so you can read them in whichever order you prefer. I am glad that I read Ivory second though, because it’s even better than the first book! Again, we’re following a woman with super powers who’s attempting to stay under the rader. Valdis aka Ivory (as the public names her when they discover her) is an airline attendant running from her past. On a flight from
Katie
This was an interesting and exciting novella with multiple positive aspects: romance, superheroes, shifters, and bad-asses. The story flowed well and the ending follows a consistent plot.

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

⚜️Trea
I'm rounding up on this rating, because there's a lot of unanswered questions by the end of it, and most of it has to do with the lack of world building. First off, where does this book fit in the timeline? It doesn't seem like Tank has met Temptress yet, but nor was there any real mention of Ivory in Temptress' book. Also, who exactly are Ivory's people? Where does she come from? For that matter, where does Panther come from? I really would enjoy the series more if there was more info like that ...more
Coyora Dokusho
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Liked this one better that than the first one! But I noticed Continuity Errors. !!! Because it was short, I feel like some steps were cut out in the character development, but it was still great!
Aileen Erin
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Manhattan Ten series, and I loooooove it. Lola's face paced writing makes it a quick and easy read. It's got just enough action and romance to make this girl happy. Can't get enough of it! Read Temptress first, and then read this one!!! :)
Meg at
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kitties, Ice & Everything Nicely Spicy!
Ivory is the first (and newly released) novella-length story in The Manhattan Ten Series by Lola Dodge. Don’t worry, just because this a shorter story doesn’t mean that the readers get short changed on fun. Instead it takes off soaring! Really! The story starts off in an airplane, and we find out why airplanes and Superhumans create a great setting for getting to know our two main characters: Ivory and Jag.

Valdis aka Ivory isn’t your typical flight
Bobbie Kirkland
I received a free copy of IVORY (Novella 1 of the Manhattan Ten Series) by Lola Dodge in exchange for an honest review. Valdís is in hiding from her evil family and is voluntarily suppressing her ice powers. Fully unleashing her powers would result in Valdís losing her morals, going insane, and returning her to her killer nature. Following a public incident wherein Jag witnessed Valdís use her powers, Jag conscripts Valdís into joining the superhero group called the Manhattan Ten. Jag and Valdís ...more
Brianna
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you NetGalley and INscribe Digital for offering me the chance to read and review this e-arc. All opinions are my own.
----
ALL THE STARS. I was immediately gripped into this story and found myself staying up into the late hours of the night to get my fill of this amazing, page-turning romance. Needless to say, I had to sleep at some point, but as soon as I was awake (and even during parts of my work day) I squeezed in as much reading as I could until I finished this book and I am absolutely
Marie -The Reading Otter
Review:
3.5 Stars

I received this book from NetGalley for review.

This was a very enjoyable, albeit it short, read. I kind of wish it had been longer. Kind of the only reason I didn't give it a higher rating.

I really liked the characters and the setting. But I would have liked to have more information on both the world and the characters. With this being a novella, things felt kind of rushed. There wasn't as much character development for me to buy the romance the way I would have liked.

There
Roberta
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun introduction to the Manhattan Ten, a group of superheroes that work together in New York.

I really loved this book, it was short and to the point, with an excellent plot, sizzling chemistry and a good few witty one liners. I’m not usually a fan of possessive men, but Ivory more than meets Jag in terms of power, so the balance is there in their relationship by the end of the book.

I love the set up of the world, I love the various powers of the ten (which I look forward to
Adrianne
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
description

A very quick read, but packed with action and sexual tension. This is a superhero romance, somewhere between Black Panther and The Boys, Amazon series. There is a company which employs ten superheroes, called The Manhattan Ten. They are celebrities, always in the public eye, attending galas and nowadays, it seems, concentrating more on PR and public appearances. The two main characters are both strong, stubborn and lethal. I guess you’ll just have to read this book to find out if they manage to
Jeraca
Oct 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this free eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

This was a very quick read and a pretty good story as well. I really liked Ivory and Jag. They are both strong willed and determined to do things their way, so to see them butt heads over and over was entertaining. Plus the attraction between the two was crazy explosive.

I'm intrigued about this world with supers and how they have deemed them as heroes. It reminds me of X-Men and The Incrdibles. I may have to seek out some
Kaye
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE EXCITING ADVENTURE!!!
Ah snap! Lola breaks the chain, charters the course and conquers the passage. Imparting well rounded scenario's, ramping up the excitement and adrenaline with such intensity and skill, melding this gem together flawlessly. Bucking the odds, blazing the playing field, propelling this baby into the eye of the storm, breaking it down, throwing it into a tailspin with stunning results. The chemistry is intense, sizzling and palpable. The personalities are well matched and
Ess
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
If you’re in the mood for a superhero adventure with an added flavor of romance, this novella, Ivory, features both. Because it is a novella length the story reads like an episode with a beginning, a middle and an ending. But if you’re looking for a more detailed accounting of how these superhero’s gained their powers, how the Manhattan-5 formed, and when they formed, you’re not going to find your answers in this short story.

The writing style was easily read, and the adventure was engrossing
Henry Lazarus
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Lola Dodge has a fun new series about Ivory ( ebook from INscribe Digital,) a member of a tribe that uses ice abilities to hunt in the Polar regions. She’s found her way to civilization, working as a flight attendant and hiding her abilities. Unfortunately her flight loses air-conditioning and a passenger who hates people with powers tries to kill her. That brings her to the attention of Jag, a Jaguar changer and member of New York’s Manhattan Ten. Jag recruits her and soon she has to deal with ...more
Paige Narins
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve never read a superhero romance before and I tell you what - I’m hooked! At least by Lola Dodge. Really enjoyed this novella. A great length and a good mix of action, romance, steam and world building. This book definitely drops you right Into the action but I enjoyed the fast paced start and with a little patience you will learn everything you need to know throughout the course of the book. Can’t wait to continue this series!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Annie
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I enjoyed this story about Ivory and Jay. She's an ice princess who literally can throw ice spears. Jag is a shifter that turns into a Jaguar. They meet on a plane when she takes down an antisuper. Now she's thrust into the spotlight that only the Manhatten ten, a team is supers that fight the bad guys. But when someone from her past shows up all bets are off. Lots of action.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
The Rebel Scribe
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to NetGalley and to the publisher for sending me an e-galley of this book in exchange for an honest review!

For a novella, Ivory really packed a punch. Since this is such a short story I'm not going to dive deep into the synopsis. If you're interested you should check it out for yourself.

I will say that the characters are completely fleshed out and realized. The chemistry between Ivory and Jag isn't rushed. I really liked the back and forth between them as well.

Overall it was a fun and
« previous 1 3 next »

• Don't Read the Comments
  • The Memory Thief
  • The Stars We Steal
  • A Friend Like You
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Off Balance (Aunare Chronicles, #2)
  • Grumpy Jake
  • The Weaver (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Ice (Alien Breed 3 - English Edition)
  • Aphrodite Made Me Do It
  • Snug: A Collection of Comics about Dating Your Best Friend
  • Coral
Lola is a compulsive traveler, baker, and procrastinator. She earned her BA in English from Stonehill College and MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University—and hasn’t stopped moving since. When she’s not on the road, Lola spends her time indoors where the sunlight can’t melt her, writing or bingeing on K-dramas and cherry soda. She can be summoned in a ritual involving curry, Hello ...more

Manhattan Ten (4 books)
  • Temptress (Manhattan Ten, #1)
  • Belle Fury (Manhattan Ten, #3)
  • Angel (Manhattan Ten, #4)
“From moment one, you were the wildest thing I've ever seen. ll I do is imagine how you'd taste.” 4 likes
“From moment one, you were the wildest thing I've ever seen. All I do is imagine how you'd taste.” 3 likes