Start by marking “Hearts of Ishira” as Want to Read:
Hearts of Ishira

Read Book

Hearts of Ishira

When Arianna wakes on a strange planet, she is the only human able to communicate psychically with the big, sexy Thorsani warrior who rides in with his men to rescue the Earth women from their crashed space transport. The Thorsani, humanoid but descended from sentient cats eons ago, are also marooned on this planet they have named 'Ishira'.

Hunter and his brother Jace are C
Published September 16th 2012 by Bethany Aan

To ask other readers questions about Hearts of Ishira, please sign up.
1anujazz Hi Lee, try Laurann Dohner's Zorn warriors, Angela Castle's Captive surrender, Jeanette Lyn's Of another dimension.
Daniela The author is having some health problems but she said on her blog cca. 5 months ago that she will focus on writing book 2 and others.

T00zday
MOTHER-EFFING CLIFFHANGER!!!
Sooooooo many unanswered questions!!!

This author is a PLOT TEASE!

(Tantrum)

So wrong.

I'll get the irritation under control and try to deliver a succinct review later.

For now, I need to list all the interesting plot points within this book that just got left hanging out there with no love:

#1 - The human women were kidnapped and kept in stasis gel for (spoiler) a LONG time....for a purpose??? You never find out!
#2 - Is Ri the light in the prophecy?
#3 - Sean??
#4 - Babies?
Stephanie
May 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
I wanted to love this since Sci-Fi is my thing but ultimately couldn't finish it. I'm not a fast reader so I have to decide what's worth the time and what isn't. Here's why I bailed somewhere between a third and half way through:

It's a fun premis. Bunch of girls trapped on a planet with sexy alien men. Bethany killed me with passive voice but the story was good enough to soldier on (for awhile). She's loose with POV at times, and like passive voice, it's a pet peeve. You, potential reader, may n
Rann
Jul 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I was provided a copy of this from Lovers of Paranormal Group for an exchange of honest review.

Let's be honest, this book has a good rating but I don't enjoy most part of the book, I think the the chapters that entertained me much were the last three ones. I couldn't quiet decipher the thought that a 600+ page book and the story seems to be consumed by saving Ariana.

From the first page to the last, all I could remember is Hunter and Jace always getting anxious and looking for Ariana, because Ash
Angela Goodrich
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I freaking loved this book! As a fan of Evangeline Anderson's Brides of the Kindred series and Tracy St. John's Clans of Kalquor series, I have found another sci-fi erotica author to love.

Hearts of Ishira starts with a bang and just keeps on getting better. Initially I was concerned that the 600+ page book would be unable to maintain my interest as I have found few authors who can successfully write an epic novel. However,
Mary Mooney
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy from the author for my honest review, so here it is. Where to start: first I loved this book and am so ready for more. I love space travel in books or shows. If you would like to take a ride to another galaxy, then this book is for you. You will find yourself pulled into the story from the beginning when Arianna wakes with her body in so much pain and she can't remember why. When she opens her mind to try and touch someone to help them, she does not know who answers her bu ...more
Brutally Honest
Dec 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
I'll be honest. I'm really kind of pissed off I was not able to find this book and ended up wasting 3+ dollars on it. Not worth it!

The trouble with this book is that the premise is just waaaaay too interesting!!! It could have been soooooo good!! And the first few chapters that I was able to read as a preview were decent and had plenty of foreplay, so I really couldn't resist buying it.

My main problems are:

It's too damn repetitive. Issues that appear to be resolved in one chapter pop up over an
Susan
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Two other medics were following behind Hunter, making sure her scratches and wounds were clean before slathering them with salves and bandaging them. Four incredibly handsome, well-built men around her naked body. If she hadn't been so weak, she might have indulged in a bit of naughty fantasy."

Okay, I'm already fanning my face with the physical imagery, but let's take it one step further: Imagine you can call to another being within the boundaries of your mind, but instead of the human beings y
Xi
Apr 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 50% and I love long books if I'm enjoying them I think yay more to enjoy but this book dragged and annoyed me immensely.
Ok I need to get the negatives out first because certain things about this book annoyed me almost to the point of being infuriated.

My first big problem was reading through pages and pages of how the heroine was treated like crap in society on earth but is nothing short of wonderful and perfect on her new planet. I am all for heroines having big personalities
Crystal
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I didn't know if I would be able to get through it when I saw how many pages it was. The author done an amazing job writing this book and doing such a tremendous with all the characters and the high tech stuff that was in this book. I know that there are still some things that didn't get answered but man it was great.

It took me thirteen hours to get this book read and I didn't want to put it down not even for a second. Arianna was such a strong woman even at times that she tho
Summer
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one. The author really came up with some new and unique ways to create familiar things (clothing, sugar, etc) from alien flora and fauna. I had fun exploring and creating these things with the characters. I feel like a lot of scifi authors pass up the chance to have a lot of fun and be truly creative when writing about an entirely new planet with new lifeforms and plantlife. I also like exploring the endless possibilities when it comes to alien cultures and their ideas about moral ...more
Lee
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alien-romance
I loved this book, it's rare to find a book that's so well written that whilst you're reading it you are transported to the world and are living the story along with the characters but Ms Aan has managed that here. It's a sweeping tale with lots of characters to enjoy and get to know, and a brand new world to discover. Unlike some books in this genre this book didn't feel rushed or all about the sex, although it was steamy enough in places, but felt more well rounded as a story and as much about ...more
ValerieC
****
2015 (July) Re-read
There doesn't seem to be a second book, so this one leaves you hanging. It's a good book, but unless book 2 is ever written, I wouldn't recommend buying a cliffhanger.

2013: I didn't like the abrupt ending, but still loved the book. I hope there is a follow-up.
Bubbles The Book Pimp
FIRST READ BY AUTHOR. First in series

An absolutely fantastic book. Quite epic in length. Telling the story of a group of women who wake up on a strange planet fighting off alien wolf like animals. The focus is on arianna ( ri ) she is a psychic or ‘reader’ and with a broken leg and her group of 30 odd sorority girls it’s obvious the odds are not in their favour. Ri calls out mentally for help and hunter answers....

Having crash landed some ten years earlier whilst fleeing a brutal race commander
Anne Conley
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Hearts of Ishira, a sci-fi romance of epic proportions. First of all, I have to give kudos to Bethany Aan for the sweetest dedication EVER to her husband. Made me wish she was my wife.

I'll admit, science fiction's not really my thing. I prefer the classics, Arthur C. Clarke, 2001 Space Odyssey type stuff. But there were enough other elements in Hearts of Ishira to make it a compelling read for me.

1. Sexy cat-men. Once I got used to the furry aspect of the men on this plan
Michelle Willms
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hearts of Ishira by Bethany Aan
Arianna awoke to excruciating pain and screams somewhere nearby. When she opened her eyes, she saw a forest unlike any she’d ever seen. Strange insects and flying creatures roamed the land. Then, from the shadows, other living things emerged – animals unlike anything Ri could have dreamed in her wildest fantasy. She had no idea where she was.
She looked around and saw a corpse with a broken neck nearby. The creatures were almost in feeding frenzy over the woman’s de
Mercy
Well, this is one really long book, 600 + pages. It seems to me the authour had restarted writing it several times as there were inconsistencies and plot holes. A lot of stuff could have been deleted as to not to water down the book.
So we start with women waking up in a strange place with no knowledge how they got there. Our main heroine immediately shows us she is psychic and reaches out to ask for help meanwhile she is protecting the women she had no knowledge of with one severely broken leg.
Lynn Reynolds
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

The first scene is definitely not for the squeamish – might be better to read during the day so you don’t get nightmares. It’s where we first meet Arianna Hunter and she seems to be in pain. There are also other women there with her. Don’t let this first scene turn you off because you’ll miss a great book if you do. This book shows how resilient people can be in situations that they have no control over.

My favorite
Hayat
3.75
This book is a straightforward uncomplicated erotic romance that pulls the reader into to the lives of the character and their struggle to survive, make connections and create meaningful loving relationships and strong emotional bonds. This story started with a bang from page one and I was quickly immersed in the relationship drama of the couples. The plot is centred mainly around relationship dramas but it is offset by family tragedy, humorous moments and well timed cute domestic moments a
April
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Brief Summary: Hearts of Ishira starts off just the way I think a novel should begin. It begins with a mystery. Arianna awakens in a strange forest with no memory of how she arrived. She soon sees other women who are similarly injured and with no memory. Through a special power that Ri possesses she is able to feel the other inhabitants of the plant and knows that they only wish to help the women. Through advanced technology and the charming [ ;) ] nature of the Thorsani men the women must adjus ...more
Anna
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-shelf, r2r
Reread:

I've always been a fan of this book. I have loved Ri, Hunter & Jace from the beginning and rereading it this time around was just as exciting as the first time!! This year is the year of rereads for me and I'm enjoying every minute :)

****************************************************************
**I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.**

Wow. That was amazing.

This book felt so long, but Bethany Aan made EVERY moment worth the wait.

My first love for this book came from
Amy
www.the-book-diaries@gmail.com

I have found a new reading enjoyment recently from Fantasy/Sci-Fi Romance. With Hearts Of Ishira, I found myself enjoying the world and experience Bethany has created. It was a very intriguing concept and entertaining to follow. I liked the characters, and the entire basis of the story. It was creative and easy to believe. Each character had background which made them interesting and they were normal everyday people. Bethany did well bringing in young, old, pretty
Lucie Pašková
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who like scifi erotica
Shelves: sci-fi, sexy-alien, menage
So I finished this book and it was awersome.it has so much good things in it:
Hansome aliens
Beautiful planet
Beautiful curvy women
Special abilites
Jokes
Awersome writing

There was only thing I was little uncomfortable with (view spoiler)
Shelby
Apr 15, 2014 rated it liked it
*I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads*

I really wanted to like this book, and I did like the first half....unfortunately, for me, the second half wasn't as exciting.
The premise was great: a spaceship (carrying only females) crashes onto a planet of ONLY male warrior-cats. Thus the two species learn to cohabitate and start working on colonization.
I truly felt like this story was to long and to "wordy". I became frustrated with the dialog, sometimes feeling like t
Conny Conway
Jun 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Miss Aan gives you the opportunity to leave this planet we call Earth behind, to find our selves on a world called Ishira. As humans we have our culture, certain behaviors are hammered into our beings and what we call moral here could cause problems on Ishira. Men, refugees of a war,which robbed them of their home planet and females of our world try to find a way to live happily with each other, unknown if their DNA is compatible or not, they still have to enter the journey to making this world ...more
Barbara Gordon
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review (LoP)

EEEEP! I had NO idea what I was getting into when I read this book. I don't even think I read the synopsis. But I have zero regrets!! Definitely Sci-fi & romance. A group of women find themselves on an alien planet with super hot warrior cat-men, and some of them have psychic powers. Can they survive the dangers and unknown? There was definitely more romantical stuff, and some of it even erotica, but it didn't detract from the story
Locs and Lenses
Jun 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Received this book to review from Goodreads LoP book group. This book was about 200 pages too long. I liked the concept and the way they had to reinvent everything but it took too long to get to heart of the book and I got sick of them weaving things and fibers and spinning yarn. It was not bad but some things were repetitious and a little to unbelievable, even from a sci-fi point of view. Not bad but I won't be picking up the next in this series.
Diane T.
I enjoyed this tale from beginning to end but it does need some major continuity editing. Even with that I liked the story line and characters. This book would have easily gotten 4 stars from me if the editing had been better. Because of the editing problems, I just could not give it more than 3 stars.
Jen Reader
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Best. Book ever!!!! This. Jumped into my lap and proceeded to win me over from page one. The chacters rock the story rolls and theres something in there for everyone . It will take you to the most beautiful places in space and beyond. So what are you waitinv for grab the next big thing today!!!!
Dawn Bina
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hearts of Ishira has all I look for in a good read, and then some. A great plot, griping characters, and a good dose of naughtiness to round it out! I love the imagery of the other-worldly planet, how she makes you feel like you are there. And the imagery of the hunkalicious men on this world, that make a woman feel not just wanted, but needed and loved. Can't wait for the rest of the series!
Misty
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AMAZING

It is hard to find a good sci-fi book....and let me tell you Bethany Aan can write a wonderful sci-fi book. Great world building, awesome characters, just all around great imagination and wonderful writing. I loved this book and look forward to a sequel.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Cosmic Bounty (The Quads of Galafrax #1)
  • Into the Dream (The Arcadians #1)
  • The Dracons' Woman (The Soul-Linked Saga #1)
  • Of Another Dimension
  • Bethany's Heart (Unearthly World #3)
  • Lionheart (StarQuest, #1)
  • Alien Refuge (Clans of Kalquor, #7)
  • The Portal (Interstellar, #1)
  • Refuge (Skyport Virgo, #1)
  • Planet Mail (Mail Call, #1)
  • Knight in Shining Alien? (Athrian Warriors, #1)
  • Alcandian Soul (Alcandians, #3)
  • Hannah's Warrior (Cosmos' Gateway, #2)
  • Menagerie