Start by marking “Winter Eve (Ashwood Falls, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Winter Eve (Ashwood Falls, #0.5)

Winter Eve

(Ashwood Falls 0.5)

There comes a time when setting your differences aside isn’t just necessary, it’s a means of survival. After losing over half of their dens to a group rogue shifters, the wolves and leopards merged as one Pack, but living together is much more of a challenge then they expected.

Danica Welsh was born to be the leopard pack healer. An accident involving a drug induced youth l
ebook
Published December 18th 2012 by Fated Desires Publishing, LLC (first published December 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Winter Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Eve

Future Slayer Girl
Winter Eve is a warm short read that introduces us to the series Ashwood Falls; a town in which shifters thrive and follow their own set of rules. With some sexy men and independent strong women that I loved we follow the romance of Danica and Nevan. I have to be honest, I really struggled to rate this story. I am struggling now to review it. Although, I really loved the world building in this story, and all the character surrounding the lead two, I didn’t totally connect with Danica and Nevan. ...more
Victoria
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short, but not bad. Really interested to see who gets the next story in the series
Alyson LaBarge
Just finished this last night and I LOVED it!

This is the prequel to A Tiger's Claim (Ashwood Falls) although it is not mandatory to read prior to reading A Tiger's Claim (Ashwood Falls). This novella is basically focused on Danica and Nevin and their newly found relationship. Danica is the Pack's Healer, a revered position to hold. Sadly she was burned several years back and has never been the same since. Nevin suffered two huge losses in his life, one on top of the other and has yet to recover
Eva Millien
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Ashwood Falls series takes place in an enchanting community of shapeshifters that captivate the reader.

Nevan is a human on the way to visit his step family for the holidays when he wrecks his car. Danica is a leopard that shies away from people, but she lets Nevan stay in her home during the snow storm. The attraction between the two burns hot and their romance grows but when Danica is attacked by rogues, another tries to claim his mate. The suspense builds as the two must
The_Book_Queen
Eh. It's not that the novella was written poorly, but rather it was just so . . . average. I flipped the pages and finished reading in an hour, but nothing about the story stuck, and I didn't connect with any of the characters or the InstaLove.

It's possible I may try the rest of the series someday, as I realize this was meant to be just a prequel (though I couldn't see anything it really revealed).
Lisa Book Shelf
Shifters

He stumbles into a town filled with shifters and finds his mate. A human raised by shifters and a hurt healer finds love and acceptance
Melissa
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nevan Matthews is coming home to his family after being away for some time, but on the wintery roads in the Smoky Mountains, he swerves to miss hitting an animal and wrecks his rental car. He follows a leopard (the animal he swerved to miss) to a house in the woods. The leopard is a shifter named Danica, who lives away from town to avoid the pity in people's eyes as she was physically hurt and can no longer do her job (healer of the pack).

I loved the world building and the glimpse of the differ
Marsha Spohn
First reviewed at Haunted Bookshelf

Danica lived on the outskirts of the town of Ashwood Falls. Her cabin was her sanctuary. Even as a healer for the Pack and a leopard shifter, Dani often felt alone even in the midst of her friends and pack. Years before Dani had been burned on the right side of her body trying to talk down a drug crazed youth. One moment she was fine and dealing with the young man, the next she was engulfed. The burns limited her healing abilities since she was a touch healer,
Debra Taylor
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it

This short novella is actually a prequel to an upcoming new shifter series from Lia Davis. I have a particular weakness for shifter romance ( it is my opinion that it should be in a genre all it's own) so I gleefully snatched this one up right away. I'm so glad that I did because it was a fantastic start to what is going to be an awesome series.
Nevan has distanced himself from his family after the loss of both his wife and his father within the same year. He is finally on his way home to visit h
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
The following review is my opinion and not a paid review. I was given a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Nevan Mathews’ fiancé died three years ago and since that time he has hidden himself in his work. He hasn't been home in five years so he lets his step-mother talk him into coming home on vacation. Nevan loves his step-mother and his step-brothers but has not been able to visit them since his father's death. On his way to visit his family Nevan has an accident and r
Julie Ramsey
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
Winters Eve

Danica is a healer for her shifter community. She was scared in a fire and has lost some of her abilities. Depressed, she decides to live alone. Her alpha keeps an eye on her but is always worried and has his enforcers go by her home. She goes out for a run and runs across the road, and is almost hit by a car. The man in the car swerves to miss her and hits the rock wall. Nevan is not hurt but his car is totaled. He sees an animal and follows it. Leading him to a house in the woods, w
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
I LOVE shifter romances and I LOVE stories with wounded or "imperfect" heroes and/or heroines and their struggle to find love and a HEA despite those imperfections. So Winter Eve appealed so much to me as it featured a heroine who was both scarred and a shifter. I couldn't wait to read!! This is another cover that I just absolutely loved.

Winter Eve was a quick easy story with likable characters that was a good start to the series. Danica and Nevin were so cute together and I liked how he was ab
Rhonda
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot about the author Lia Davis. Today I read the blurb for her new release. I couldn’t wait to read so I bought it and read it immediately. Well, I couldn’t put it down and now am impatiently waiting for the first book, A Tiger’s Claim, which releases in April of 2013. Uhhhh! This is why I don’t start series until they are like 5 books in.

Danica, a leopard shapeshifter was born to be a pack healer. After an accident where the right side of her body was badly burned and scarred, sh
Emily
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nevan Matthews isn’t overly excited about his trip, but having lost his fiancée he knows the importance of being with family. He did not expect to crash his car and find himself getting help from a beautiful woman. Stranded with no phone and a storm looming, Nevan is intrigued by Danica a leopard shifter, for the first time in a long time Nevan is attracted to another woman.

Danica, a healer whose intervention with a drug induced teen ended with her being scarred and unable to heal others has wit
Theresa
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great introduction to Ashwood Falls. This was a great short story to get you pumped up for the Ashwood Falls series. I felt as though I was watching the scene unfold before my eyes as Lia told this awesome romantic shifter story. Ashwood Falls 101: Here are some facts to get you better acquainted. Ashwood Falls is a small Smokey Mountain town with a mixed pack - half wolf and half cat. Both packs were attacked over 200 years ago and over half of each pack was wiped out. They discovered together ...more
April
What a great start for the series! It is a quick read but Ms Davis really packs it in there!! You get Dani and Nev's romance, a glimpse at several other characters who are in the next books and a really great look at the world she has created.

Dani is a great character and I liked that she did not wallow in self pity, she showed real strength. And Nev is a perfect match for her!! He also showed that he is strong enough as a human to handle a shifter mate.

I would have liked just a bit more about D
Delphina
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I recently discovered Lia Davis and this is the third book I have read by her. It is my favorite, so far. I have a weakness for all things shifter, so when I saw this I knew I had to read it. This is actually the prequel to her upcoming shifter series and it does a beautiful job laying the background for a new series. I was able to explore the lore she is using and to see some of the dynamics of the pack she will be focusing on. The love story was very heartwarming. Seeing a shifter that was not ...more
BBMoreB ~
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Lia has crafted an analogous world that includes many great characters (and lucky for us readers -- future stories)! In a genre flooded with an ever increasing number of formulated tales – it was refreshing to read this touching love story. The author put just the right amount of sentiment, sensuality and steamy sex into this prequel to ensure that the Ashwood Falls series will have a very promising future.

Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge by Lia Davis for the sole purpose
Tricia Kristufek
Feb 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
"You're being lead away by a cat, like Alice and that damn rabbit..."

Danica just wants to be left alone, without the pity and sorrow her folk look at her with. But when she darts in front of Nevan's car and leads him back to her house, alone is suddenly the last thing she wants to be anymore.

As this is a precursor to the actual Ashwood Falls series, it sets up the characters well, showing the depth of Dani's scars and how Nev's strange upbringing can help. Though short, readers can get an idea o
Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews
I really enjoyed this short prequel by Lia Davis. Winter Eve introduces us to key characters in the town, future books and of the actual town of Ashwood Falls and shifter world.

This was a really quick read, it flew by, but it was also a
wonderful introduction to the series and characters with a romance that really warmed both the heart and body temperature. Just what you need on a cold night!

I would highly recommend Winter Eve to anyone looking for a good paranormal romance read. I cannot wait t
Karen Roma
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
On a Winter's Eve, Nevan Mathews is travelling home to the place that holds his fondest childhood memories and a heartache that burns deep within.
In a split second he finds himself careening of the road, stranded with a snow storm threatening his survival.
As Nevan looks up, piercing green eyes look through the trees and beckon him to follow.
It’s the moment of choice. Could this be Nevan's saviour or the biggest mistake of his life.
Join Nevan in discovering that although love and pain are often
Jessica Parsons
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A short quick read to start off the Ashwood Falls series about overcoming grief and accepting one’s self. The attraction is instant and leads to a few steamy scenes, we meet some other interesting characters as well.When someone tries to claim Danica as there's, Nevan will fight to keep what he feels is his since he is no normal human and had a different upbringing.
Susan
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Lia pens "Winter Eve" a well written, exciting romance filled with likeable characters such as shapeshifters. A nice quick novella....I wish it was a bit longer, but it's a fantastic start to the 'Ashwood Falls' series. Highly recommended to all supernatural, romance and shapeshifter fans.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Tamara
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
As a good prequel should do, Winter Eve gives you just enough information about these characters to leave you dying to know their stories. When I got to the end I kept trying to turn the page! It can't end there, I still have so many questions. Oh, Lia you are diabolical, now I can't wait for the rest of the series.
Full review @ http://www.sizzlinghotbooks.net/2012/...
Jacqueline
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
The start of what I (if the coming books are anything like this one) will be a very good series. As it is a novella it was a quick introduction to the series but we seemed to meet plenty of the main players. Ashwood Falls looks like it is going to have an original twist to most shifter stories by an author I have never read before so it looks like I have found myself a new series.
Teresa Lloyd
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have found "Winter Eve" to be a very exciting, romantic and passionate book! The Ashwood Falls Series promises to be a wonderful adventure in a long journey to come. I am very excited about the Ashwood Falls series and all of the future adventures that Lia Davis will be bringing to all of us!!
Happy reading and writing*
Teresa Lloyd
morris1963tess@yahoo.com
Amy
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this quick read. I liked how Nev was empathic and had the ability to move so quietly that it threw Dani off. To me it made the difference between human and shifter less and way easier for the female shifter to be with the human.
I recommend this read to all those who enjoy a good shifter romance.
L.M.
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much. A town of shifters, a healer that had been in an accident and lost her way, a man broken from loss and grief. True love heals. I can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Margie
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
if you are a fan of shifter;s this is the book for you. a great start to what is going to be a great series and i can't wait for the the rest.
Tina
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing

As a arc I loved it I have not read lia work before now I look forward to reading more. Beautifully written. I recommended to all my friends and family
  • Forgiveness (Redwood Pack, #3.7)
  • The Nymph’s Labyrinth (Nymph #1)
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • Alpha's Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack, #1)
  • Born Cheetah (Shifting Crossroads, #7)
  • Predator's Refuge (Gemini Island Shifters, #3)
  • The Devil Made Me Do It
  • Rane's Mate (Armageddon Mates, #2)
  • Sable (Dark Sentinels #1)
  • Forbidden Life (Forbidden, #3)
  • The Forbidden Trilogy (The Forbidden Trilogy #1-3)
  • The Silver Cross (Vampire Nightlife, #1)
  • Captivated (Courts of Light and Darkness, #1)
  • My Highland Bride (Highland Hearts, #2)
In 2008, Lia Davis ventured into the world of writing and publishing and never looked back. She has published more than twenty books, including the bestselling A Tiger’s Claim, book one in her fan favorite Ashwood Falls series. Her novels feature compassionate yet strong alpha heroes who know how to please their women and her leading ladies are each strong in their own way. No matter what obstacle ...more

Ashwood Falls (9 books)
  • A Tiger's Claim (Ashwood Falls, #1)
  • A Mating Dance (Ashwood Falls, #2)
  • Surrendering to the Alpha (Ashwood Falls, #3)
  • Divided Loyalties (Ashwood Falls, #4)
  • A Leopard's Path (Ashwood Falls, #5)
  • Jaguar's Judgment (Ahswood Falls, #6)
  • Bundles of Pink (Shifters of Ashwood Falls, #9.5)
  • Alpha Challenge (Shifter of Ashwood Falls, #10)
  • Shifters of Ashwood Falls: Collector's Bundle
“He raised his hand to brush a stray hair from her face. Instead of dropping his hand, he slid it behind her neck and drew her closer. His earthy pine scent enveloped her. When his lips touched hers, she lost any hope of control.” 6 likes
“Yeah…hey, you have a male here.” Shay walked toward the hall, sniffing the air. “And he’s human. Way to go, Dani!” 5 likes