Start by marking “No. 6: The Manga, Volume 01 (No. 6: The Manga, #1)” as Want to Read:
No. 6: The Manga, Volume 01 (No. 6: The Manga, #1)

No. 6: The Manga, Volume 01

(No. 6: The Manga #1)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  2,098 Ratings  ·  139 Reviews
A PERFECT LIFE, IN A PERFECT CITY

For Shion, an elite student in the technologically sophisticated city No. 6, life is carefully choreographed. School, study, and the occasional visit with his friend and classmate Safu. One fateful day, however, he takes a misstep, sheltering an injured boy his age from a typhoon. Known only as Rat, this boy is a VC – a fugitive living outs
Published June 11th 2013 by Kodansha Comics (first published June 7th 2011)

Maria (Big City Bookworm)

I took a gamble in buying the first volume of this series without really knowing anything about it. I ended up really enjoying this first volume. At first, I thought it might be meant for a younger audience, but it actually ended up being a lot more mature than that. It kind of gave me a Hunger Games/The Giver vibe. I'd really like to continue with this series!
Jahanzaib Asim
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eeeeeeeeek. ❤
Loved this so much. AAAAAAA
Kate
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4/5stars

this was SUPER action packed and gripping right from the start! I think I'll definitely be picking up the others!
Mizumi
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Mizumi by: River
Shelves: books-i-own, no-6, manga
Not going to lie, my main motivation to get the manga was the art. I just really love the toi8 designs (and some of the designs leaked into the novel covers as well later on, so I suspect that's not just me. Seriously, Nezumi (oh, sorry, Rat) with novel-canonical short hair is hard to picture at this point).
I won't really go into depth about the story here, since I'm currently also re-reading the novels and I fully plan on catching up with those before the manga does. My final review of the ent
Kati
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
My favorite anime is now a manga! Man, I was so excited when I came across it in Amazon UK's shop! I love the setting, the adventures of Shion and Rat, the blossoming love between them. As I have said many times in the past, Shion and Rat remind me of X-Men's Charles and Erik, respectively. Shion is a child of privilege but so kind-hearted and willing to help anyone, he would give the shirt off his back to a person in need. Rat is a child of oppression, full of hate, disillusioned and determined ...more
Sesana
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, dystopian
I don't know why, but this book just didn't work for me. I have no real problems with the writing, or the setting, or the characters. The pace is pretty good in this volume, and there's quite a bit that happens. I can understand getting sucked into the ongoing questions about what's going on in No. 6. Even the art is good, polished and consistent. I have nothing concrete to complain about, but I just didn't connect with it.
☆♥☆Kotyonok꧁꧂
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THIS.

THIS.

ABWSLFIEHGWOE;;VOOHG;WHNFNLQ;WJFV

RTC

JBWEBFKEGNVED'NBNVAD'NQELNH;VLDA

P.S. In case you can't tell--I LOVED THIS.

Kate (Reading Through Infinity)
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, dystopian
Surprisingly, I didn't enjoy this quite as much as I enjoyed the first episode of the anime, but I think this was largely due to the fact that I already knew what was going to happen. The anime portrays the events with more dynamism and pace, but I still loved this first volume and will be picking up volume 2 immediately.
Selena
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gah. Cliff hanger.

If I didn't already know what was happening, that would really drive me up a wall.

Actually, if you've seen the anime, there's not much to gain by reading the manga just yet. I assume there will be more info we didn't get in the anime eventually, but so far it's pretty much the same.

Also, "Nezumi" sounds much better as a name than just "Rat" (the translation). Just my personal opinion there.

Anyway, this is the story of Shion, a member of the elite class of geniuses, and how he f
a secret agent fangirl
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The best manga I've ever read; the story is thrilling, the characters are well designed, the art style is stunning. This deserves a 5 star rating without even blinking.
Maria
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Идеально. Идеально. Фантастически идеально. Самая лучшая манга в мире.
Mal
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Naailah
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Naailah by: Cassandra
Wow, everything about this is amazing from the art to the story to Shion and Rat. I ship them.
Venesa
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
*based on whole series* Pretty art and an interesting storyline. The relationship between the two main characters, Nezumi and Shion, is beautiful and sweet and not forced in any way. They have an obvious deep affection/love for each other without there being any heavy focus on it, and its lovely to see that theres no disgust/hate when one boy kisses the other, its just natural. The anime is also very good, but the manga has more depth and more consistent art in terms of quality. Only 4 stars bec ...more
Aleksandra
Feb 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
Non-yaoi manga with gay relationships that is canon... sign me in.

I already watched the anime and let me tell you, Nezumi and Shion— they’re too precious. And since I’ve heard the manga is better I can’t wait to read it now!
alex ♡
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
ayyy shion and nezumi better break my heart again this time 😩
Supermomochan (PeachyFishyBooks)
I liked this! it was nice to read a GOOD dystopian! There was a lot of set up in this volume, so I can't wait for later volumes! I am excited to see what happens!
Carrie
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I still have no idea where this is going but I am entertained.
GigaBuri (PeachyFishyBooks)
This was so good and deserves more awareness!
Alba
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Creo que podría decir lo mismo del manga con respecto a la novela. Es bueno y la trama es interesante, pero el desarrollo de los personajes, que sí sucede, no se ve completo. Sion madura muchísimo de un momento a otro, debido a sus circunstancias claro está, pero Nezumi prácticamente es obligado a cambiar su forma de ver la vida y todo lo demás. Eso es lo que sucede cuando te haces responsable de la vida de otra persona. Me agradaron las adiciones al manga (siendo primero al anime) como la cuida ...more
L.M.
I am completely, totally, utterly obsessed with No.6. The anime. The manga. Most especially the light novels. I adore them. A-D-O-R-E everything about this world and these characters. I love how each iteration of the story is slightly different from one another. It always keeps me guessing and trying to remember which story goes with which medium. It's enchanting--despite the fact that this story deals with some majorly hard themes and difficult situations.

This volume of the manga was beautifull
Emily G
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm staying with Kati so I grabbed the opportunity to read this manga, as it sounded exactly the sort of thing I like, and I was right :-)!

No.6 is a city of the future where everyone's lives are controlled by computer. Shion is a young boy who has been identified for the elite stream of education that brings a privileged life. This world comes to an end the night he decides to go out into a storm and rescues a young, injured fugitive known as Rat.

Shion and Rat don't meet until four years later,
✿ cassandra ✿
I've been interested in this series for a while. And now, I've finally started reading it! After all the teasing with Mikayuu, I wanted to read a story about an actual canon (gay) couple. I totally ship Shion x Nezumi! :D

I'm really enjoying the story so far! The plot is interesting and I want to know what happens next. I'm not sure if I'll watch the anime though. I probably will. Lol!

And Shion had a little Kaneki Ken moment. I absolutely love it whenever an anime/manga character's hair turns whi
Adalira Morningstar
3.5 stars, really

I got this added to our conservative Mississippi library and I'm the first person to check it out. I wonder how long it takes for someone to complain and get it pulled off the shelves!

"I want your sperm" is easily one of the worst ways to ask someone for casual sex.

Shouting "you don't even know sex" is also a weird way to beg someone to continue living.

I'm so glad I'm not infected with bees.
Emily (Book Jems)
ETA (7/9): Read and loved. This is a new series that I'm definitely going to pre-order and read all the way through. I'm so glad to be back in this world! The anime was brilliant, hopefully, this manga will be as well. (view spoiler)

YESSSSS. FINALLY. YOU EXIST. PRAISE.
Good thing I get birthday money next week.
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Read for the first time in July, again in November.
Sean O'Hara
While the source material is good, I find this adaptation lacks oomph to drive the story forward.
Andrew Nunn
NO.6 is a very interesting manga and I do recommend to young adults and manga lovers everywhere. The reason why is because the way it seems draws you in because of the drama danger and romance
Paul Spence
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
The rulers of No. 6 claim it is a Holy city where “despair has been eradicated.” Shion forsakes a privileged life and future to trust his own instincts and help someone in need. Years later the full effects of that choice, as well as possible truths about No. 6, will come back to him.

While the central concept of an apparently utopian society with a rotten core is cliche at this point, the particular details of No. 6 and the way things are unfolding give the world/plot a lot of potential. There’s
taz
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is so special to me. I keep revisiting it in every way I can.

So after reading the novels and watching the anime, here I am again, flipping through every page of the manga with the same excitement that I felt in getting to know this world for the first time.

Of course, I'm still partial to toi8's designs, but Kino's art style works nicely for this story and I can really appreciate the work she put into this adaptation. Props to her!
Shoujo Manga Book...: No.6 Discussion 15 23 Sep 25, 2015 04:46PM
  • His Favorite, Vol. 1
  • セブンデイズ Friday → Sunday / ( Seven Days #2)
  • Vassalord, Volume 1
  • 07-Ghost, Volume 02
  • Love Stage!! 2
  • Durarara!! Saika Arc, Vol. 1
  • No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!, Vol. 1

No. 6: The Manga (9 books)
  • No. 6: The Manga, Volume 02 (No. 6: The Manga, #2)
  • No. 6: The Manga, Volume 03 (No. 6: The Manga, #3)
  • No. 6: The Manga, Volume 04 (No. 6: The Manga, #4)
  • No. 6: The Manga, Volume 05 (No. 6: The Manga, #5)
  • No. 6: The Manga, Volume 06 (No. 6: The Manga, #6)
  • No. 6: The Manga, Volume 07 (No. 6: The Manga, #7)
  • No. 6: The Manga, Volume 08 (No. 6: The Manga, #8)
  • No. 6: The Manga, Volume 09 (No. 6: The Manga, #9)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)