Start by marking “Wild Edibles: A Practical Guide to Foraging, with Easy Identification of 60 Edible Plants and 67 Recipes” as Want to Read:

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
In this field guide to foraging wild edible plants, Sergei Boutenko (son of raw-food guru Victoria Boutenko) explores the health benefits of wild-harvested food, explains how to safely identify trailside weeds, herbs, fruits, and greens that grow worldwide, and shares his delicious, nutrient-dense recipes.

Sergei Boutenko has been gathering wild plants since he was 13, when
Published July 16th 2013 by North Atlantic Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Edibles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Edibles

Katie
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is not my favorite book on wild edibles, but it definitely has a place on my shelves as a helpful alternate. Some things you have to take with a grain of salt. The author writes that grass is a nutritious addition to a wild meal and praises just about any green as delicious and mild. I have tasted some of the greens he talks about and find them to range from weedy flavored to bitter. I have to assume that if you have been eating wild greens your whole life that your palate changes a bit. I ...more
Tiffany
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an excellent practical guide to foraging and plant identification, just like it says. The text is clear, the photos are full color, plus lots of tips, advice, and recipes. I borrowed this book from the library, but I will buy a copy to keep on hand. From his Facebook page, I can see that he's also published a deck of cards for portability out in the field. I might pick those up too.

"When I was in kindergarten in Russia, my teacher taught my classmates and me how to pick clover flowers an
Chelsey
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the information presented to me in this book. It's definitely going to be packed up in my camping gear, because since I live in the city, many of the items it shows don't really pertain to anything readily accessible to my location. I am wanting to try out many of the recipes in the book, because I'm an avid cook and love to experiment in my kitchen, so I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye out for the items listed that are not readily available in the grocery stores. The book was ...more
Amy
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Since reading thus book, I can not stop staring at the ground! This book has broadened my diet. I am so excited for spring. If you are interested in preparedness, gardening or natural health, this book will tickle your fancy. I was inspired by the stories Sergei shared in the book. I feel he described plants very well. The pictures were detailed enough that I feel confident that I can identify the edible plants with confidence. This book has launched me into a new hobby.
Emily Mellow
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: plants
Inspiring!
JEO Ocean
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great photos and the kind of book you take on a hike. Lots of the info was repetitive,but his story was interesting. Great reference book!
Stephanie