Start by marking “Under the Looking Glass” as Want to Read:
Under the Looking Glass

Read Book

Under the Looking Glass

Maura Reyes survived an almost unbearable trauma—the loss of her family in a home invasion. Two years later, she’s still consumed by grief and acute insomnia, hiding inside her elegant, empty Los Angeles home. No amount of therapy or medication can restore what Maura lost. When her therapist suggests a change of scenery, Maura reluctantly agrees to go on a cruise. But once ...more
Paperback, First, 146 pages
Published October 21st 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Under the Looking Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Looking Glass

Start your review of Under the Looking Glass
Alan Nayes
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My initial observation after finishing UNDER THE LOOKING GLASS, other than I just finished a very well written story, is that the author herself must be brilliant in order to have conceived such an undertaking. The story revolves around Maura Reyes who seems to be attempting to figure out what happened to her husband and dog-- a terrible crime has been committed in Maura's home yet she is unable to unravel the truth. As the reader delves deeper into the story, bits and pieces of the crime are re ...more
Christine
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a woman who survived home invasion, whose world is upside down, who can't sleep or dream. It's about a cruise, a theme park, a bathtub and a husband.

But it's not, and at one point I became so enthralled with picking apart the pieces of this puzzle to find the reality, and it was so impossible that I just let the sure, steady hand of the author guide me through the maze.

This is an incredible piece. Daring and breathtaking in its ambition. You could spend
Lynda
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think I enjoyed this book, it felt like a fast paced crazy disturbing journey into the unknown, never quite knowing what is real and what is not. I received this book on a review basis and decided to read it based on reviews on goodreads. It definately kept me reading but I can't say that it left me with a pleasant feeling, but I guess that was the authors intention.
I gave it a 4 star rating because I thought that it was written very well and at no stage was there any part of the story w
Caleb Blake
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cross-posted from Papyrus Independent Author Reviews (http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/03/31/under-the-looking-glass-by-alisa-tangredi/)

There is a crime. Of that we are certain. But we are not so sure of the place and time. Follow Maura through the looking glass and down the rabbit hole as we try to piece together reality from fantasy.

Under the Looking Glass is essentially a dramatic mystery that reveals itself slowly through the unreal imaginings or memories/>Under
Carolyn
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways-yes
This book was really interesting and I would read it again. The story was sometimes confusing but its actually why the book is good. I am not giving anything away because it would spoil it and I don't do that. The whole story captivated me from the start and I couldn't wait to turn the page to see what happened.

Thank you to Goodread Giveaways for giving me the opportunity to be able to own and read this book.
Sasha
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This story was very well written by what I would have to say was a brilliant author. The author has written a very enthralling story. For me this book kept me wanting to find out what really happened and made it so I could not put the book down. The author has very wonderfully lead the readers to be fully immersed into the story. I would truly recommend this book to any readers. It is a wonderful read
Jess
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-author
What an interesting book. such a great twist at the end and it always had me thinking. While reading this book I had in my mind that I didn't like it but once the story started to unravel at the end I couldn't put it down until it was finished. Would love to read more books like this
Mandy White
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling, and a bit of a mind-warp. Excellent read!
comfort
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Disturbing
Jessica Bronder
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Maura Reyes was a victim of a home invasion. She is now alone with insomnia and trying to figure out what happened that night. The only time she leaves the house is to see her therapists. They are trying to help her with medication and therapy. Eventually they suggest that she take a cruise.

On the Cockaigne, Maura discovers an Alice in Wonderland theme missing the Alice. Maura takes the place of Alice is begins her adventure to heal from the home invasion and break through to what really happen
Georgeanna
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! I loved this book!! I was blindsided!!! I refuse to give away any spoilers, but, Wow! I never, ever, ever saw that coming! Alisa Tangredi is brilliant. She draws me completely into the story and characters and I was totally and completely blindsided. I loved this book. I received a free copy for review and I will make it a priority to read everything this author publishes.
Sheryl
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and it was a quick read. after reading several 5 star reviews for this book I was extremely excited to read it, especially the ending. I wasn't completely thrilled with how the story panned out. for me I had to reread parts about 3/4 through as it was hard to follow. a very good book, but not 5 star worthy IMO.
Gail Richardson
Feb 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
RECEIVED BOOK FREE THROUGH GOODREADS FIRST READS. I could not even finish this book. I tried, but, it jumped around and i found it difficult to keep my consentration (sic) I'm sure there are those who would understand this book better than me.
Noreen
Feb 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I love books with a twist but I felt like I spent the whole time reading this book trying to figure out where the author was going instead of enjoying it the storyline. I was not a fan of this book. I would give the author another try.
Karyn
rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2015
I-Ching
Aug 13, 2013
Charybdis
rated it did not like it
May 20, 2017
Lisa Singer
Aug 10, 2019
Karin Cox
Mar 21, 2013
A native Californian, Alisa Tangredi currently resides in Van Nuys with her husband and their dog. She has written all her life, though most manuscripts were hidden in a drawer. She studied theatre and music at San Francisco State University and worked as a stage actress for thirty years, with sporadic employment in commercials and television. She was also an active participant in several Los Ange ...more