Start by marking “Letting Go: The Pathway To Surrender” as Want to Read:
Letting Go: The Pathway To Surrender

Letting Go: The Pathway To Surrender

(Power vs. Force #9)

Published 2012 by Veritas Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Letting Go, please sign up.
Tom Audible or the physical book, this one is one that you could reread for a lifetime. No need to read the previous books

Lisa Shultz
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A profound book. I will re-read for the rest of my life. If I had to suggest one book that I would like everyone to read, it would be this one.
Stan
May 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
When I started this book I had good hopes, a lot of 4/5 star reviews, a topic that interests me and a promising introduction. Only during the process of reading this book, the statements and stories became more and more bizarre. I was actually astonished by the amount of illogical, random and false statements in this book. When I came to page 200 I could not take it anymore and had to burn the book. Some examples of the crap that was written in this book.
`Positive energy increases muscular
Cloris Kylie
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let’s follow the pathway of surrender:

First, picture a big chain around your ankles that prevents you from moving toward the life you desire. That’s the image I give to my audiences when I talk about attachments.

Second, think of the similarity between a peanut butter sandwich, a satellite signal, and a thought. They are all forms of energy. They only differ by the wavelengths at which they vibrate. Negative thoughts and emotions are aligned with low, slow-moving energies.
Neil Funsch
Feb 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
As much as I wanted to like this book...I didn't. Upon finishing I did some belated research on the author and it isn't good. In fact his Wikipedia page has been deleted (How does that happen?...check it out and find out) and he is not well reviewed on websites which evaluate spiritual teachers. His PhD is from the now closed Columbia Pacific University which has been charitably described as a diploma mill. This doesn't make him a bad man and there is an occasional nugget of insight in 368 pages ...more
Matthew Treya
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful distillation of all of Dr. Hawkins' teachings, written just before his passing. Most elegantly simple. A true gift, a classic, a gem. What else can one say?
Red Hand
Feb 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: utter-crap
So I'm holding off on actually rating until I finish the audio book...but so far, I am deeply unimpressed. This book would be about half it's actual length if you cut the lists to manageable size and removed the outlandish claims (such as it being able to cure allergies). It usual riddled with false claims about auras (debunked) and other New age claptrap.
I honestly hope it gets better because right now, one star is too high.
Edit: So apparently, if multiple books are written on a subject
Υπάτιος Βαρελάς
Jun 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
Written by a medical doctor. Sad. How can an MD completely miss the logic and purpose of negative emotions, ignore their foundation in our childhood and treat them as the cause of all disasters and problems?

The author nicely writes about how repression of negative emotions creates problems, however the "letting go" process in this book is actually a repression strategy! The whole book is based on cognitive reframes, belief changes and positive empowerment, which are processes trying
Doug
Jun 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mindfulness, 2015, kindle
The first half of this book has some incredibly useful advice for learning to let go of anxiety and negativity, but the second half is a bit too new age-y for me. It starts jumbling science and spirituality with grand claims about how surrendering negative thoughts will make all your dreams come true, including healing physical ailments AND telekinetically summoning your waiter in restaurants \_(ツ)_/ ...more
Will Mitchell
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cannot possibly say how much this book helped me manage my anxiety and fear.
Curt
Oct 21, 2012 added it
Recommends it for: searcher for Truth
Finally! The book that explains the actual technique the good Dr. used to solve his many health dilemmas.
Having pre-ordered it months ago, it finally arrived this week.
Only two or three chapters in I already think this may be his most important work yet.
If you're human you want to read this one.
link: publisher's site
[image error]
Alison
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this entire book and got a lot out of it, though at the end I thought I had somehow missed the whole "letting go technique". That being said, Hawkins composes thoughts, ideas, strategies about the concept of letting go - which has been addressed in many and various ways by both psychological and spiritual traditions - that do seem somewhat novel. I especially appreciate his explanation of the "hierarchy" of emotions and their actual frequency levels. One thing that annoyed me is that he w ...more
Heiki Eesmaa
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Quite different from the rest of DRH's work. While surrender itself is Lester Levenson's releasing, currently best known as Sedona Method, the Doc puts so different a spin on it that the origin of the technique is just a side remark.
Cheese
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Ignore thoughts. They are just endless rationalisations of inner feelings.”

Letting Go goes into detail about the different emotional states of consciousness and rates them from 0 - 1000, 0 being suicidal/shame and 1000 being enlightened.

There is a mid table line where someone goes from being unhappy to happy and it also explains each emotion and how it affects us in everyday life.

All this is good an well, but the title of the book is about the method of surrendering. Letting
Owen Tuleja
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you had told me four months ago that I would read a book called "Letting Go" and find its contents helpful and even life-changing, I would have laughed out loud. Such are the vagaries that life presents us.

One of the central tenets of Hawkins' book is to direct the reader away from focusing on thoughts and towards focusing on feelings. One (negative) feeling can cause a thousand (negative) thoughts: relinquish that one negative feeling and you have "cured" yourself of a thousand n
Ana
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was recommended to me by my therapist and I must say I'm disappointed yet deeply unimpressed. I don't necessarily disagree with everything -in fact, I do find the technique useful- but a lot of his conclusions are just...stupid, delusional if you will, and the fact that he uses Mother Theresa and Ghandi as examples takes some credibility away from him, in my opinion. I mean, forgive me if I don't find reassuring Hawkin's use of a raging misogynist, racist and anti jew like Ghandi as a symbo ...more
Mehrsa
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
There are definitely nuggets of truth and great wisdom in here, but it’s quite repetitive. Also, it’s pretty out there. If you follow this protocol, you’ll lose weight, have great sex, succeed in life, etc. I guess I don’t buy most of the aura stuff either. But I do believe in letting go.
Pål Fiva
Mar 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Bought it on a whim. Contains some interesting ideas and observations, but they drown in the tsunami of logical fallacies, junk science and overall mumbo jumbo.
Cheryl
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What can I say here except "Well done David R Hawkins!!"? I have read most of his work starting with Power vs Force which Wayne Dyer was recommending during one of his tours. I was immediately struck with the excitement that comes whenever I read something that totally resonates. This was at the beginning of conscious seeking & I have been reading his successive works since, while mastering thoughts, feelings & finally falling into Awakening.

And then I see this book (also recomm
Jonathan
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ultimately the author gets around to lending useful advice and practical wisdom, but be prepared to endure pages and pages of talk about psychic power, energy vibrations and similar concepts.
The chapters / thoughts are not well organized and there is never any real outline of what "the letting go process" is or how to enact it.
Jane
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excellent technique for mental health. Also, a great read for understanding how emotions affect our health and life.
Miriam Margaret
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Without reservation, I can say that I am permanently changed for the better through reading this book. The effect of understanding the negative emotions behind an "I can't" mentality -- which is truly a coverup for "I won't" -- was nearly instantaneous. My spirit feels lighter now, my sense of purpose clarified, underlying resentments toward specific "others" on the fast-track to dismantlement, paving the way to unconditional love. Going back to the old way now seems counterintuitive and frankly ...more
Michael Cabus
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Every little trifle, for some reason, does seem incalculably important today, and when you say of a thing that 'nothing hangs on it,' it sounds like blasphemy. There's never any knowing—(how am I to put it?)—which of our actions, which of our idlenesses won't have things hanging on it for ever.”
― E.M. Forster

What is it about even the idea of letting go that causes so much resistance?

Even with Hawkins introductory warning, that the ideas require an open mind, even with a mind wide
Spencer-Rae
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Honestly - I thought this book was a bunch of nonsense. Now, if you subscribe to it, that's okay but before you rush off to respond negatively to my review, consider what negative energy you are going to be sending me and how this might impact on your own inner healing or karma; or on your ability to speak to dead animals, or whatever it is you desperately want to do (and need to 'let go of'). 😜

I got some value out of the 'technique' of letting go, and this is probably the only value
lisa
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life changing for me.

Very useful information. Great examples and scientific proof. Sometimes I wanted to get to a point quicker, but the information that is provided is so necessary to understanding how it works and why. Patience in reading, take time to practice technique, it works. My daughter is in a ,, unhealthy relationship, I would become so upset, angry and guilty , that I was pushing people I loved away unconsciously. I let go of guilt, desire to change situation and just loved. I
Judith Jnclaude
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lovely

This is a beautiful book and I did the technic of letting go in the book one night I was so upset And it was a different experience owning the feeling instead of stuffing it or repressing it. But as I stick to it the feeling disappear and as he said at the root of my anger was fear. I will continue to practice the technic learn in this book as long as I'm alive. Very easy and may do wonders for my life.
Laurie
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A classic. Extremely well done. If you want to have a happier and better life, read it.
Eliel Herlevi
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Never felt so conflicted about a book before. It is filled with great ideas on how to improve one's approach on life and I do not doubt that many have found it helpful, because some of the ideas make so much sense. However, the book is also filled with ridiculous and unproven woo-woo such as telepathy and psychic abilities. Also, citing Jesus to prove your points doesn't exactly improve credibility in the 21st century. The worst part is how a writer who presents himself as scientific constantly ...more
Lara
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z-2017
This book was a bit like Napoleon Hill or The Secret mixed with modern science. At times it felt dated and at other times it mentioned fairly recent events. The evidence tended to be from single studies or anecdotes. So, while it covered a topic that has been covered in other books over the years. It did cover it well, though.
Norah Al Kasabi
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a big book by all it means; it’s size, content and it’s impact. The book quantifies emotions and energies and dissect it to bits and pieces so you can see it in yourself and in your actions. Some of the topics are not new but because the book has a wholistic approach to the matter, most information are relevant. It’s the type of book that you need to constantly go back to. Highly recommend it.
Todd Hinklin
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DEEP

• Advanced Energy Anatomy: The Science of Co-Creation and Your Power of Choice
  • The Mindful Woman: Gentle Practices for Restoring Calm, Finding Balance, and Opening Your Heart
  • Dreaming the Soul Back Home: Shamanic Dreaming for Healing and Becoming Whole
  • The Myth of Self-Esteem: How Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Can Change Your Life Forever
  • Coming Closer to Ourselves: Making Everything the Path of Awakening
  • Leap of Perception: New Attention Skills for the Intuition Age
  • Soul Vows: Gathering the Presence of the Divine in You, Through You, and As You
  • I Can See Clearly Now
  • Levels of Energy
  • Life Loves You: 7 Spiritual Practices to Heal Your Life
  • Loveability: Knowing How to Love and Be Loved
  • Total Law of Attraction
  • The Gift of Giving Life: Rediscovering the Divine Nature of Pregnancy and Birth
  • The Burnout Cure: An Emotional Survival Guide for Overwhelmed Women
  • Soul to Soul: Communications from the Heart
  • The Brain in Love: 12 Lessons to Enhance Your Love Life
  • Meditation: An In-Depth Guide
  • Unbinding the Heart: A Dose of Greek Wisdom, Generosity, and Unconditional Love
Sir David Ramon Hawkins, M.D, Ph.D. is a nationally renowned psychiatrist, physician, researcher, spiritual teacher and lecturer. The uniqueness of his contribution to humanity comes from the advanced state of spiritual awareness known as " Enlightenment," "Self–Realization," and "Unio Mystica."Rarely, if ever, has this spiritual state occurred in the life of an accomplished scientist and physician. Th ...more

Power vs. Force (9 books)
  • Power vs. Force
  • The Eye of the I: From Which Nothing is Hidden
  • I: Reality and Subjectivity
  • Truth vs. Falsehood: How to Tell the Difference
  • Transcending the Levels of Consciousness: The Stairway to Enlightenment
  • Discovery of the Presence of God: Devotional Nonduality
  • Reality, Spirituality and Modern Man
  • Healing and Recovery
“Enlightenment is not something that occurs in the future, after 50 years of sitting cross-legged and saying “OM.” It is right here, in this instant. The reason you’re not experiencing this state of total peace and timelessness is because it is being resisted. It is being resisted because you are trying to control the moment. If you let go of trying to control your experience of the moment, and if you constantly surrender it like a tone of music, then you live on the crest of this exact always-ness. Experience arises like a note of music. The minute you hear a note, it’s already passing away. The instant you’ve heard it, it’s already dissolving. So every single moment is dissolving as it arises. Let go of anticipating the next moment, trying to control it, trying to hang on to the moment that has just passed. Let go clinging to what has just occurred. Let go trying to control what you think is about to occur. Then you live in an infinite space of non-time and non-event. There is an infinite peace beyond description. And you are home.” 41 likes
“The person who suffers from inner poverty is relentlessly driven to accumulate on the material level.” 41 likes