Start by marking “The Devil's in the Detail” as Want to Read:
The Devil's in the Detail

The Devil's in the Detail

David Shepherd awakes in a cell. The middle-aged London cab driver has vague recollections of attempting to protect his female passenger from a gang of drunken youths. Patchy flash-backs of blood and screams leave him with the ominous feeling that he may have done something rather quite rash. Did he kill one of the attackers?

This question is answered by the matter-of-fact
Published September 1st 2012 by Torwood Avenue

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's in the Detail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's in the Detail

Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: signed-by-author
* From author for review *

David Shepherd wakes in a prison cell, with vague recollections of his cab fare turning ugly the previous night. He soon learns with a shock, that he isn't in a London Police Station for questioning, he is in fact in Purgatory, having been killed the previous night and is now awaiting trial for his life.

Olivia is an Angel and also his Defence Attorney, and David will soon give testimony in the Court of Saint Peter; the outcome a sentence to one of the 10 rings of Hell o
Ta-pixie
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great unique story. A real page turner.
Bruce Gargoyle
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ten Second Synopsis:
Middle-aged dead London cab driver David Shepherd finds himself locked in the legal fight of his life (death) while in Purgatory on charges of breaking every single one of the Ten Commandments.

Having recently read a number of afterlife-y type books (and with a few more in the TBR pile), I felt very comfortable falling straight into Wilson’s world, which contained elements of Christian, Jewish and Buddhist religious traditions as well as some interjections from Dante and Gree
Rahand
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really love this book. It managed to get me hooked at the first page and it didn't let go of me until the very end (a real page-turner indeed). It's extremely well-written and has a fascinating (and quite scary) story. Thumbs up Matt, I can't wait to read your next novel. This one was simply perfect.
Sean Fallon
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book from a self-published author. Track it down and have a read.
Dale Harcombe
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
Two and a half stars.
I won this book in a giveaway and was keen to read it even though it is not my usual reading fare. The premise sounded intriguing. The idea behind the story is clever. It sounded like it had all the ingredients of a good story, with David Shepherd a cabbie driver in London who wakes to find himself in a cell and awaiting trial in Purgatory. He is defended by Olivia, an angel in the court of St. Peter and the prosecutor is a demon named Gabriel. The reader comes to know more
Rawa
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There were so many things I liked about this book. First of all the language is very simple and eloquent and never gets in the way of the story. The story itself is very entertaining and thought-provoking at the same time. Two thumbs up!
Sam Walters
Aug 04, 2015
Becky Yost
Oct 28, 2012
Matthew S Wilson
Dec 29, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tony
Eric
Dec 20, 2017
Stephanie
Feb 17, 2018
I grew up in Melbourne, Australia and was an avid reader as a kid. Coupled with a love of cinema, I've always enjoyed fast-paced, plot-driven stories. In my late teens I was determined to write a screenplay of my own. Unfortunately I seemed to specialise in half-finished screenplays, subconsciously based on Quentin Tarantino films. Perhaps I didn’t have anything of my own to say?

I graduated from t