Start by marking “Surprise in the Kitchen” as Want to Read:
Surprise in the Kitchen

Surprise in the Kitchen

(Mia #3)

Mia is a sweet little girl with a big imagination. She loves adventure, but cooking is just not is not her thing. To show her mom just how much she loves her, Mia decides that she will try anything. The consequences are hilariously delightful.
Published October 15th 2012 by Create Space

To ask other readers questions about Surprise in the Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surprise in the Kitchen

Jessica Kong
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents and Teachers
“Surprise in the Kitchen” by Mary Lee is the third installment to the Mia collection. Mia is a young girl that enjoys her mother’s cooking. One day, she decides to show her appreciation by surprising her mother by making breakfast. This is a fun and colorful book that young children will enjoy reading while learning new words. I feel this is a book that kindergarten and first grade teachers should have in their classroom. Plus, this book is a great challenge for young, new readers without being ...more
Grampy
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Surprise in the Kitchen" by Mary Lee is a cute story for the very young. Mia's mother wants to know if Mia will help her bake cookies, but Mia much prefers eating cookies rather than baking them. In fact, Mia thinks her mother makes the best cookies around, but Mia just can't get herself excited about helping out in the kitchen. So the next morning Mia decides to make it up to her mother by making a special breakfast for her, without any help. Unfortunately she makes more of a mess than a break ...more
Jinky
Mar 11, 2013 rated it liked it
(3.5)
One can't help but adore Mia's adventurous imaginations. Here her mom invites her to make cookies. Of course it's more fun to eat them than make them. Also more fun to imagine sweet treats in the sea, on trees, etc. Later she decides to surprise her mom and make her breakfast. You can imagine how that went! ~Cute read.

Jinky is Reading
Diana
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute little story. Beautiful illustrations. This could be a very interactive book that a child can relate to in several ways as caregivers take the time to talk about the different things depicted in the illustrations. Fun!
Cindy
Aug 10, 2016 added it
Shelves: fiction, the-kidlets
We read this out in the hammock last night. Super cute little story. Even my son was enjoying it.
K.
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mary Lee does it again. We love her Mia series. My daughter loved reading about Mia's adventure in the kitchen to make a special breakfast for her mom.
Sheila
May 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Mom bakes cookies for Mia but Mia does not like to cook. She decides to make breakfast for mom one morning. Nice story but could have been more descriptive. Good illustrations.
Stephanie
Jan 02, 2014
Esther Bogaski
May 11, 2014
Jane
rated it did not like it
Dec 13, 2013
Dec 07, 2013
Ashley Klein
Dec 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I am a writer, illustrator, graphic designer and a mom. I've lived in various places across the country but currently my heart is in the Bay Area. I have two sweet children, two dogs and a mini-cactus named spike. In my free time (ha ha ha), I like to read books, jog slowly, cook badly and sleep rarely.

Mia (3 books)