Start by marking “Kate's Turn” as Want to Read:
Kate's Turn

Kate's Turn

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Thirteen-year-old Kate leaves her home in Oregon to study with a national ballet company in New York City, but then she decides the life of a ballerina is not for her.
Published by Scholastic (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Kate's Turn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kate's Turn

Allison
May 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Young girls, ballet fans
This is one of my favorite books from my childhood. I still pull out the well-worn copy every year or so and read it in one sitting.
Allie
I read this book in grade 3 and totally loved it. I vividly remember reading it, but I somewhere along the line I forgot the title. It was particularly frustrating because I could see the cover in my head! Then BOOM! Out of nowhere I remembered the title. I wonder if I could track down a copy to read because I'm reasonably certain it would not hold up. Most kid books don't.
Beth Jung
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the first novels that I read multiple times as a young adult. I actually wouldn't mind reading it now, as I feel it would take me back to those times. Deals with a theme of an eating disorder, makes you question "no pain, no gain."
Rebekah
Dec 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
I always felt so bad for Kate because her entire world revolved around Ballet (which I know she loved) and then really proud of her for knowing that she didn’t have the heart to dance professionally and choosing to go home.
Samantha Ellsworth
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Got this book when I was younger from my then stepsister. It was instant my favorite and since then I have managed to read off both covers!! I would buy this book in a heartbeat.
Cheryl
Dec 06, 2010 rated it liked it
Kate foes to New York to ba a student in the New York Ballet Company. She meets and developes friendships with fellow dancers. Each student makes all types of sacrafices to be the next "dancer."
L. No Last-Name
Jenny Godley
Mar 05, 2010
Nicole Freese
May 28, 2014
When I was growing up I never thought of being an author. I was a terrible speller and didn't want to write any more than I had to. I wanted to be a tap dancer when I grew up. After a few years of teaching junior high and high school, I wrote my first novel. It was a surprise to discover that I liked making up stories and writing them down. I liked it so much that eventually I stopped teaching and ...more