Start by marking “Rosemary Cottage (Hope Beach #2)” as Want to Read:
Rosemary Cottage (Hope Beach #2)

Rosemary Cottage (Hope Beach #2)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  2,864 Ratings  ·  297 Reviews
The cottage by the sea offers Amy a refuge to mourn her brother’s death and perhaps even discover a new love. But what if Ben’s death was no accident?
Rosemary Cottage on the Outer Banks of North Carolina has been in Amy Lang’s family for generations and offers her a haven within its peaceful walls. There she hopes to discover what really happened to her brother, Ben, even
Published July 9th 2013 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Rosemary Cottage, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Lorraine Montgomery
Rosemary Cottage is the fourth book I've read by Colleen Coble and is possibly the best of those — suspenseful, lots of twists, and insightful into human nature and how we really don't know those we think we know best — that I've read.  The setting is an island off the southeast coast of the US called Hope Island and the main character is a midwife whose brother Ben has disappeared, presumed drowned, possibly disposed of by sharks.  Suspicious of foul play, Amy teams up with Coast Guard office ...more
Julie Graves
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Amy Lange comes to Hope Island hoping to find healing and answers to her brother Ben's death. Convinced that his death was not an accident but foul play Amy is desperate to find out what really happened to Ben.

Curtis Ireland has also lost a loved one. His sister Gina died in a boating accident. Now he is raising her daughter. Even though the boat and driver were never found, Curtis never suspected foul play in Gina's death.

When Amy begins asking questions about Ben's death she soon finds that He
Marian Baay
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Amy Lang comes to the cottage on the island to find closure about her brother Ben’s death—or presumed death, because his body was never found. She also wants to investigate some things concerning his death after she received an email from an anonymous person who indicates that Ben’s death is not an accident.

Curtis Ireland’s sister, Gina, died just a few weeks before Ben did. She left her infant daughter, Raine, behind and Curtis took her in and is raising her, together with his Aunt Edith. Curti
Melanie
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-read
Rosemary Cottage was a really good continuation to the Hope Beach series and I liked it even better than the first book. I liked the mystery of who was the bad guy and the twist near the end was fantastic (did not see it coming!). The romance was nice, too.

All in all, I enjoyed this book and recommend it if you are looking for a nice mystery read.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review. As always, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.*
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
"Dear Amy,

You might want to take a trip to Hope Beach. There is more to Ben's death than you realize. Your brother had secrets - secrets that led to his death. Hypocrisy is one of the worst sins a man can commit. I hate to say it, but he deserved what happened to him.

From A Friend"

Now Amy Lang finds herself back in the Outer Banks that her and her brother Ben spent so many summers surfing and staying at Rosemary Cottage. Where others have simply ruled her brother's death as a surfing accident,
Bonnie
This was a nice beach mystery read! I really enjoyed Amy and Curtis's aunt's (can't remember her name and already returned the book back to the library) time out in the water surfing, and the friendship between them. The aunt is a lot of fun!
There is a lot of suspicious things to figure out on Hope Beach and getting to the bottom of it can prove to be very dangerous for Amy and Curtis! But that doesn't stop them or slow them down! Even with a secret revealed and emotions high in the midst of
Hannah
I love this cover! It makes me want to go vacation at Hope Beach.

From the moment Amy arrives at Rosemary Cottage, hoping to find her missing brother's killer, she's attracted to Curtis Ireland, who is busy with his Coast Guard rescue work and his orphaned baby niece. She's shocked to discover that her brother's name is on the child's birth certificate; why would he father a child that his family and girlfriend at home knew nothing about? I enjoyed the many twists that ensue as Amy and Curtis hun
Wolf (Alpha)
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really like Amy and how she acts. I hope that she can finally accept Ben's death as accidental. I really like that Amy let Curtis into her life and learned to love him. I really liked this book. I thought that is was better than the first one. I can't wait to read more of Colleen Coble's books. I rate this book five stars.
Laurie Carlson
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Contemporary Romantic Suspense
Recommended to Laurie by: LitFuse Publicity
My Take:
3.5 Stars
This story takes place in the beautiful Outer Banks of South Carolina at Rosemary Cottage. Rosemary Cottage is a cottage that has been in Amy Lang's family for generations, and she is hoping to figure out if the loss of her brother, Ben, was really an accident or not, as well as grieve his loss. This has been bothering her since it happened. She is determined to find out more about what happened because to her, Ben's strength as a swimmer does not add up to an 'accident', in her
Amanda Stephan
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Another well written book by Colleen Coble. I always enjoy her books, but this one was a little more difficult for me to get into. The characters were drawn out and flawed, which is a good thing, but I had difficulty in connecting with the main character, Amy. There really were times when I kind of wanted to smack her for naivety (someone indicates her brother's death may not have been accidental and she automatically opens her house to a person she's never met before? And then, when she catches ...more
Ruth Hill
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was amazed to discover that I had read the first book in this series and rated it five stars. I began to recall some of the events as I read through this follow-up book, but I just did not find the first book in the series memorable. And after reading last year's review, I discovered that as nice a story as this book is, it falls short of the other's book's success.

Don't get me wrong. The second half of this book is action-packed and chock full of mystery and intrigue. There is no profanity an
Sharon Redfern
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book opens with the killing of single mom Gina Ireland by a man in a boat and from there the suspense just keeps on going to the very end. Gina’s brother Curtis is a USCG search and rescue team member living on Hope Island and raising Raine, Gina’s daughter. He and his aunt Edith have been doing as well as can be expected and settling into their new life when Amy Lang returns to the island.
Amy is also mourning a sibling, her brother Ben who drowned a few months before on the island. Amy has
Ionia
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know when you find that certain book? That one where you can settle down and care about the characters as though they are members of your own circle of family and friends? Yep. This book was like that.

First of all, the characters are amazing. You literally can't help but fall in love with them. Usually I can pick a favourite character after just a couple of chapters, that was not the case with this book. Trying to pick a character that I wouldn't have called my favourite was actually the ha
Sally
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rosemary Cottage
By: Colleen Coble

I loved this book by Colleen Coble! Rosemary Cottage is the second in a series. Tidewater Inn is the first; you do not need to read the first one to enjoy this one. If you love mystery, suspense, and romance you will love this book!

How well do you know your friends, your family? What you don’t know, may surprise you. Amy Lange and Curtis Ireland are trying to figure out why someone killed Amy’s brother Ben and Curtis’ sister Gina. As they dig deeper, they get cl
Larik
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rosemary Cottage
By Colleen Coble
"You are afraid to be judged and yet you judge what everyone else will think"
I think this quote hits the heart of this story. Amy was ready to judge everyone while keeping her brother on a pedestal. I have a brother too and in my opinion he is one of a kind. But we are human and like Coleen said we need to be real, no one is perfect we all make mistakes and wrong turns. We need to accept that not just in ourselves or our precious siblings but also in people arou
Brenda
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amy Lange is grieving the loss of her brother Ben and really can't wrap her mind around the fact that it was an "accident." When she receives an email stating that she might want to take a trip to Hope Island hinting that her brother Ben had secrets that actually led to his death, she decides to take the trip to Rosemary Cottage on Hope Island a place that is dear to her hoping to find solace and even thinking of moving her midwifery practice there. Mostly though she is hoping to find the answer ...more
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
The title Rosemary Cottage makes you think of a sweet love story or perhaps a cozy mystery surrounding a family secret. But readers can expect a slow start as the story builds but then an exciting middle and surprising ending as the mystery unravels.

Amy comes to the cottage still reeling from the unsettling death of her brother Ben. Curtis is also recovering from the death of a sibling--his sister, who happened to be connected to Ben. When they begin to talk about the deaths, they realize there'
Leigh
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviewed
I received a ARC copy from NetGalley.

Rosemary Cottage reads like a cross between a Nicholas Spark's novel and a James Patterson's novel. It is a great read full of mystery and intrigue that will keep you guessing until the end. You will not want to put it down.

Amy Lang can't accept her brother Ben's death as an accident. She goes to Hope Beach to look into his death. During this investigation Amy will uncover more than she bargained for. Curtis Ireland is dealing with his own grief from the deat
Beth
This is my first novel by Colleen Coble, and while I enjoyed it, I was not blown away by it. I wasn't particularly compelled to keep reading because of the characters or the prose, but rather the mystery at the novel's center.

I thought the setting of the Outer Banks of North Carolina was really well done - from the pristine beaches that hide dangers beneath to the sweet hometown cafe where Amy went often with her friends, I was really able to envision the scenes.

As is often with suspenseful nove
Karen
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Colleen Coble has such a great way of telling the story and weaving in little hints throughout it that make you really try to figure things out. There's always something at the end that comes as a total surprise to me even if I have figured out something. This was an enjoyable love story and mystery with lots of tension built in. I really enjoyed it! This is book 2 in the Hope Beach series but could easily be read and understood without having read the first book do don't let that hold you back.
Shannah Mauney
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewd-on-blog
I just can't get over how masterful a story teller Colleen Coble is. I've not read one of her books I didn't thoroughly enjoy. This book is no exception! I was hooked from page one! The story moved at just the right pace. Lots of action, mystery, and the right amount of romance. Read my full review, on my blog, here.
Susan
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I loved this story. The romance between Amy and Curtis was enchanting. The island and the residents are delightful. The suspense keeps the reader turning the pages. I'm looking forward to the next in this series.
Kay Defreese
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very suspenseful book. I didn't see that ending coming. Took me totally by surprise.
Candy
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great book from a wonderful author. I can't. wait to read Butterfly Palace.
Sarita
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot. There was a lot of things I didn't see coming, but also a few things I guessed correctly. One portion about Ben I actually suspected from the start.

I liked Curtis's character more than Amy's. Not sure why - it might be the Raine factor, she was just so cute. Their relationship was sweet, though they fought a lot and just continued as if it never happened some times.

The mystery/suspense kept me turning pages and gradually build up to the climax at the end. Even though I
Barb
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The charming Rosemary Cottage on the beach offers Amy Lange respite she needs to mourn her brother, Ben. She's even thinking of moving her midwife practice to the Outer Banks community. It's always been a refuge for her and her family. She also wants to investigate Ben's disappearance at sea. Everyone blames a surfing accident, but Amy has reason to wonder.
Coast Guard officer Curtis Ireland has lost a sibling too. His sister, Gina, was run down by a boat, leaving him to raise her infant daughter
Elaine Nickolan
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great installment of the Hope Beach series. This second part has Amy returning to Hope Island in search of answers of her brothers death. What does she really know about him and his life? Could there have been another side of him? How is his life connected to another person who was killed shortly before him? Will Amy be able to find love and will that person desert her like the last? All these questions are answered as the story unfolds. I enjoyed this story, and I thought I had the answ ...more
Laurie Way
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very hard to get into initially, but once started, quite a good read! This is the 2nd book in this series.
Hannah Avery
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked it! One of my favorite authors!
The Literary Maidens
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Madi's Rating : 5 stars

Bethany's Rating: 4 stars

Bethany's Review ::

Rosemary Cottage by Colleen Coble is a page-turning suspense, delightfully set on the peaceful and relaxing Hope Beach Island, and is sure to grab the attention of all suspense lovers, and make a memorable summer or vacation read.

Amy Lang and Curtis Ireland have something in common: both of them recently lost a sibling. While on the outside both deaths of Amy and Curtis's siblings Gina and Ben seem natural enough, events begin to
  • Trapped (Private Justice, #2)
  • Shattered (Alaskan Courage, #2)
  • When a Secret Kills (Deadly Reunions, #3)
  • Firefly Island (Moses Lake, #3)
  • Distortion (Moonlighters, #2)
  • The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance, #3)
  • The Face of the Earth
  • Poison (Bloodline Trilogy, #2)
  • Where the Trail Ends (American Tapestries)
  • Duchess (Daughters of Fortune, #3)
  • A Marriage in Middlebury
  • Miracle Drug
  • A Bride for All Seasons
  • Unbreakable
  • The Quarryman's Bride (Land of Shining Water, #2)
  • Avenged (Pacific Coast Justice, #3)
  • Trouble in Store
  • Glittering Promises (Grand Tour, #3)
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble

Hope Beach (3 books)
  • Tidewater Inn (Hope Beach, #1)
  • Seagrass Pier (Hope Beach, #3)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • The Lovers' Guide to Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99